+ Reply
Page 54 of 884 FirstFirst ... 4 445253545556 64 104 154 554 ... LastLast
Results 1,061 to 1,080 of 17670

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: UniAW6.0 for iph4 & iph5

is a discussion within the

iPhone 4|4S New Skins / Themes Launches

forums, a part of the

New Skins / Themes Launches

section;
Sorry if this is a silly question. So Ian, to get the latest and great version with the amazing 'leaves effect', just download from link in post #1?
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,783 Times in 1,061 Posts

Sorry if this is a silly question.
    So Ian, to get the latest and great version with the amazing 'leaves effect', just download from link in post #1?

Thanks
    Thanked 19,795 Times in 3,984 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by NewdestinyX View Post
    YAY, Ian!!! Great!!!

I'm already working with the iWidget version for iPad to make it work with options for scaled to Portrait mode or Landscape. It will be too big a project for me to make anything for Winterboard with autoswitching for Portrait and Landscape. Beyond my coding skills. But I think I can get the iWidget to work and all the Containers resized for iPad. Ian, I may PM you with some coding questions. King and Drifter will help me if you're busy. I want to give back to the community after all I've learned now. So Drifter --- DON'T BEAT ME TO IT THIS TIME, dude! LOL!! Please let me try.. LOL!!!
    I wouldn't use "scale-up" for this, it will just lower the quality of the images, most of the images used in the uniAW are exactly double the size shown on the screen to make it HD, if you try to scale them up they wont look too good. The correct way would be to re-make all images to suit the iPad screen which would also mean re-coding all the animations settings.

Sure people will just use the iPhone UniAW and just make the containers bigger but to be honest this is not the way it should be done and they just look too small an the iPad for me.

But, like Dacal, I am a perfectionist, and that's just my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by Marty McFly View Post
    Sorry if this is a silly question.
    So Ian, to get the latest and great version with the amazing 'leaves effect', just download from link in post #1?
    No M8y, I've got a few more things to do yet with it, then I will update the post 1 links, but I have to get out of China first as can't use the download/upload sites! (Chinese government banned them all)
    Last edited by Ian Nicoll; 04-08-2013 at 10:15 AM.

"If it's not broken, I'll fix it till it is"

3. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to Ian Nicoll For This Useful Post:

chevymusclecar (04-08-2013), Cloud2Ground (04-08-2013), Dacal (04-08-2013), EricB78 (04-08-2013), Kazuyoshi (04-08-2013), King_O_Hill (04-08-2013), lostinthemes (04-09-2013), mrsmickey (04-21-2013), siemprelisto (04-08-2013), sigit (04-08-2013), The_Durben (04-08-2013)

Thanks
    Thanked 4,783 Times in 1,061 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Ian Nicoll View Post
    No M8y, I've got a few more things to do yet with it, then I will update the post 1 links, but I have to get out of China first as can't use the download/upload sites! (Chinese government banned them all)
    Ah very good - ok thanks for the fast reply pal. Are you planning on updating the iWidget version at the same time or is that a completely different animal?

My iPhone is a Part of Me signori's Avatar
    Thanks

Hey there I am using Drifters UniAW6_iW_ANIM_ONLY widget. I notice that during the day it shows the sun but at night there was no moon. The weather condition last night was cloudy. Does the moon display when its cloudy. I am, not sure what I have to change to get the moon to show. Also how do I get the astronaut to show at night. Sorry for all the noob questions. I am very new to this widget and I don't want to mess it up. Thanks very much.

Livin the iPhone Life sethbossfan's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,085 Times in 818 Posts

ImageUploadedByModMyi1365439779.485878.jpgImageUploadedByModMyi1365439793.389075.jpg

Still new to the forum but sending a big shout out thanks to Ian and The Drifter and Dacal for pure awesomeness. Still need to move up the forecast temperatures on the HTC lock screen which I'm using with PPHTML. Loving my phone today!
    Last edited by sethbossfan; 04-08-2013 at 11:41 AM.
    IOS 7 - A KNEE JERK JAILBREAK RELEASE

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to sethbossfan For This Useful Post:

Ian Nicoll (04-08-2013), Marty McFly (04-08-2013)

Thanks
    Thanked 9,159 Times in 4,595 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by signori View Post
    Hey there I am using Drifters UniAW6_iW_ANIM_ONLY widget. I notice that during the day it shows the sun but at night there was no moon. The weather condition last night was cloudy. Does the moon display when its cloudy. I am, not sure what I have to change to get the moon to show. Also how do I get the astronaut to show at night. Sorry for all the noob questions. I am very new to this widget and I don't want to mess it up. Thanks very much.
    When it's cloudy at night can you see the moon? Could you see any objects floating up there in space? :-) I'm not trying to be "cheeky" here. It's just that a weather animation widget is supposed to accurately portray the condition outside. If the moon were to display On a cloudy night it wouldn't accurately display the weather condition so no, the widget is working properly when it's cloudy out. The moon will not show. Just like in the daytime when it's cloudy the sun won't show. And the astronaut only appears when Yahoo reports the condition as "clear".

Now having said all that, yes, there is a way to change the script to portray the sun and the moon on all the time in any day or night condition. The astronaut too. Is that what u would like?
    Here to help if I can. If I can't I know someone who can!

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to NewdestinyX For This Useful Post:

Ian Nicoll (04-08-2013), Marty McFly (04-08-2013)

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Hi,

I had the issue of GPS not updating and just found the culprit today, at least for me. In the past, once I set the mylocation app I would hide the icon since I didn't see a need to make further changes. It worked fine and GPS updated as usual. With iOS 6x this is no longer the case and the GPS widget as well as the native apple widget would have issues. Now that the icon is unhidden, both the widget and native apple weather update as they should.

The last several pages here have been about this problem and the fix for it. All of us who've had the problem have it fixed now but it requires a full reset of your phone. NOT to lose your Jailbreak - so don't worry. But to fix permanently - you have to go into Settings-->General-->Reset and Choose RESET ALL SETTINGS. This will reset every aspect of your phone to factory. So you'll have to reset everything in the SETTINGS windows and all your Jailbreak tweaks and themes to the way you like them. Has been taking people anywhere from 10 minute to a few hours to get their phones back to normal - BUT the problem with be gone forever and your location will change instantaneously as you're travelling around. Good luck. But it's the only fix and has worked EVERY time for each person who's had the problem.

Thanks!
    Grant

11. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to rob63 For This Useful Post:

Ian Nicoll (04-08-2013), kristatos (04-08-2013), Marty McFly (04-08-2013), NewdestinyX (04-08-2013)

My iPhone is a Part of Me signori's Avatar
    Thanks

When it's cloudy at night can you see the moon? Could you see any objects floating up there in space? :-) I'm not trying to be "cheeky" here. It's just that a weather animation widget is supposed to accurately portray the condition outside. If the moon were to display On a cloudy night it wouldn't accurately display the weather condition so no, the widget is working properly when it's cloudy out. The moon will not show. Just like in the daytime when it's cloudy the sun won't show. And the astronaut only appears when Yahoo reports the condition as "clear".

Now having said all that, yes, there is a way to change the script to portray the sun and the moon on all the time in any day or night condition. The astronaut too. Is that what u would like?
    Thanks for the reply. No I just wanted to know if it was normal that there was no moon when its cloudy because right now its cloudy and there is a sun showing. Anyways does the astronaut show at knight when its clear or do I have to edit something to get it to show. Thanks for the help.

Thanks
    Thanked 5,393 Times in 1,814 Posts

It shows when it's clear only

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to RKO1195 For This Useful Post:

Cloud2Ground (04-08-2013), signori (04-08-2013)

Green Apple
    Thanks

Hello everyone, I have a problem with the background during the transition from night to day with standard UniAW6.0
    I set overlay to 0 and webkit-keyframes fullscreen_weatherIcon_fadin to 1.0 but also past the hour of sunset the background is that of the morning...why? it's changes as weather, for exampe now it's 20:35 and the the background loaded is partly cloudy (day) and not partly cloudy (night).

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by rob63 View Post
    Hi,

I had the issue of GPS not updating and just found the culprit today, at least for me. In the past, once I set the mylocation app I would hide the icon since I didn't see a need to make further changes. It worked fine and GPS updated as usual. With iOS 6x this is no longer the case and the GPS widget as well as the native apple widget would have issues. Now that the icon is unhidden, both the widget and native apple weather update as they should.
    Thanks. But I'll bet for most of us that's not the problem. I never hide any of my icons and yet I still had the problem.

Quote Originally Posted by signori View Post
    Thanks for the reply. No I just wanted to know if it was normal that there was no moon when its cloudy because right now its cloudy and there is a sun showing. Anyways does the astronaut show at knight when its clear or do I have to edit something to get it to show. Thanks for the help.
    If it's working normally, and Yahoo is reporting "Cloudy", then sun and moon showing would NOT be normal. On a cloudy day you can't see the sun or the moon at all. On partly cloudy and mostly cloudy days and nights, you can see the sun. So that's how animated weather creators make the widget to match what actually happens on those kinds of weather conditions in real life.

I personally modded the widget to show the astronaut on fair nights as well as clear nights. I just wanted to see him more and to me the term fair and clear are the same. Ian is working on an update to show the astronaut on fair nights as part of his coding and only a few wispy clouds. Currently on fair nights you get the "partly cloudy" animation and no astronaut.
    Last edited by NewdestinyX; 04-08-2013 at 12:45 PM.
    Here to help if I can. If I can't I know someone who can!

17. The Following User Says Thank You to NewdestinyX For This Useful Post:

Ian Nicoll (04-08-2013)

Thanks
    Thanked 40,563 Times in 7,513 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by King_O_Hill View Post
    Ian, just to give you a little of the back story, in case you don't remember, "Native" weather had an issue where the location name, or city name, does not update unless you open the stock weather app. When we approached David Ashman about possibly creating a substrate for us to hook into, he never responded, but a week later he was selling his "Forecast" tweak which in essence does what we were asking him.

Now I'm not trying to accuse anyone of anything here, but we can all add.

I still think that to be able to hook into the native weather info would be the best solution, but we would need someone with some tweak writing experience.
    This was it exactly. Dacal and I did look at implementing the weather app plist (which would update woeid upon using the app or NC) won't update on its own. And like Dacal said it was encrypted.
    libweather takes the same plist information and uses it. It just didn't include the woeid which we needed.
    I wrote to Ashman myself with screenshots and code examples that we wanted and asked if he'd include the woeid in his plist and yeah "forecast" was born.
    Sucks but oh well.

Just need another dev really to create a tweak itself or tap into libweather adding the woeid variable and it would make a great automatic fallback to woeid with no user config at all.
    Widgets either find your gps text file or revert to woeid.

ras you around :P hint cough hint

Only downside is to users who don't like yahoo as a preference
    I personally have no issues in my city. Accurate almost always

19. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to The_Durben For This Useful Post:

Cloud2Ground (04-08-2013), Dacal (04-09-2013), Ian Nicoll (04-08-2013), King_O_Hill (04-08-2013), lostinthemes (04-09-2013), NewdestinyX (04-08-2013), stratnik (04-08-2013)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,754 Times in 891 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by The_Durben View Post
    This was it exactly. Dacal and I did look at implementing the weather app plist (which would update woeid upon using the app or NC) won't update on its own. And like Dacal said it was encrypted.
    libweather takes the same plist information and uses it. It just didn't include the woeid which we needed.
    I wrote to Ashman myself with screenshots and code examples that we wanted and asked if he'd include the woeid in his plist and yeah "forecast" was born.
    Sucks but oh well.

Just need another dev really to create a tweak itself or tap into libweather adding the woeid variable and it would make a great automatic fallback to woeid with no user config at all.
    Widgets either find your gps text file or revert to woeid.

ras you around :P hint cough hint

Ras is a legend but does any one have Crazy's details? I've not seen him since iOS5. Surely he could create something like that.

21. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to KraXik For This Useful Post:

Ian Nicoll (04-08-2013), lostinthemes (04-09-2013), The_Durben (04-08-2013)

My iPhone is a Part of Me Fr3shJ1v3's Avatar
    Thanks

What is this about that shows up on my widgets?

object HTMLDivELement

it shows up where my city is supposed to be.

Quote Originally Posted by Fr3shJ1v3 View Post
    What is this about that shows up on my widgets?

object HTMLDivELement

it shows up where my city is supposed to be.
    Nevermind I got it to work. I was using the wrong location file as stated in a previous post
    Last edited by Fr3shJ1v3; 04-08-2013 at 01:22 PM.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by The_Durben View Post
    For major US and Canadian cities, Yahoo is VERY accurate. No prob. It's just the moment you travel outside the city into the suburbs and eventually to the country that Yahoo gets terrible. You'll only ever see PartlyCloudy and MostlyCloudy day after day after day. Never any rain, etc. Yahoo plays to the large and medium sized cities only and doesn't give a hoot about anywhere else. I'm only 15 miles from Philadelphia, PA USA as the crow flies - so I enjoy my Yahoo weather widgets just fine by leaving MyLocation off and have center city Philly lat and long in the myLocation.txt all the time and all is well.

Conversely iPhone's Native weather app ALWAYS shows exactly what's happening in my little town perfectly and it's ALWAYS different from Philadelphia in some small way - temp, etc.. So I know that getting my smaller town's weather accurate IS POSSIBLE. Just NOT with Yahoo. Yahoo caters only to the big cities - of which Vancouver, BC is one, D..

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by King_O_Hill View Post
    Have you tried turning off all your tweaks, except WB, iWidgets and myLocation?
    I have been going through my tweaks uninstalling them and still not gotten the location to change. I still have more to do but while doing this I noticed something. When I change the myLocation.txt coordinates and respring, I get the the new location. When I turn Sig off/on, the location does not change but the myLocation.txt coordinates do. If I add the iWidget UniAW6_iW-1 after the coordinates have changed, I get the previous location, not the one with the updated coordinates. Any thoughts?

Thanks for the help.
    Last edited by serky; 04-08-2013 at 02:11 PM.

My iPhone is a Part of Me Fr3shJ1v3's Avatar
    Thanks

I have one last question. I changed the opacity level for the forecast items to "0.0" but I still have the image behind those forecast items. Which one do I change to make that disappear?

I would guess it has something to do with this string

#forecastbg{
    background: url('../../Images/forecastbg/forecastbg.png') center no-repeat;
    background-size: 320px 480px;
    width: 320px;
    height: 480px;
    position: absolute;
    top: 0px;
    right: 0px;
    left: 0px;
    z-index: 14;
    opacity: 0.0;
    -webkit-animation: WeatherInfoBG_fadein 7s linear 1 normal;
    -webkit-animation-fill-mode: forwards;

Thanks
    Thanked 15,591 Times in 4,087 Posts

Apples native weather is yahoo aswell. Yet I never get accurate info from it but do with GPS yahoo lol

For major US and Canadian cities, Yahoo is VERY accurate. No prob. It's just the moment you travel outside the city into the suburbs and eventually to the country that Yahoo gets terrible. You'll only ever see PartlyCloudy and MostlyCloudy day after day after day. Never any rain, etc. Yahoo plays to the large and medium sized cities only and doesn't give a hoot about anywhere else. I'm only 15 miles from Philadelphia, PA USA as the crow flies - so I enjoy my Yahoo weather widgets just fine by leaving MyLocation off and have center city Philly lat and long in the myLocation.txt all the time and all is well.

Conversely iPhone's Native weather app ALWAYS shows exactly what's happening in my little town perfectly and it's ALWAYS different from Philadelphia in some small way - temp, etc.. So I know that getting my smaller town's weather accurate IS POSSIBLE. Just NOT with Yahoo. Yahoo caters only to the big cities - of which Vancouver, BC is one, D..
    Click My Sig For my auros Mods

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Hello and thanks for everyone's mods and help. I just have a quick question. Is there any way to add the "full" weather info such as: coordinates, humidity, pressure, rising, sunrise/sunset, visibility, wind speed, etc. to the MJSmash theme that Dacal created for Simon? It's the mod on page 45. I tried to copy the uniaw6.0.css from LS version into the CSS/main of the MJSmash but it didn't work, so I tried to copy bits and pieces but that was a no go. I could only get the coordinates on the top and no other weather info. I'm trying to get the "full" info to flow on the left hand side just like it is now but of course with the "full" weather info. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks and have a great day...

Thanks
    Thanked 15,269 Times in 7,004 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by jKnot View Post
    Hello and thanks for everyone's mods and help. I just have a quick question. Is there any way to add the "full" weather info such as: coordinates, humidity, pressure, rising, sunrise/sunset, visibility, wind speed, etc. to the MJSmash theme that Dacal created for Simon? It's the mod on page 45. I tried to copy the uniaw6.0.css from LS version into the CSS/main of the MJSmash but it didn't work, so I tried to copy bits and pieces but that was a no go. I could only get the coordinates on the top and no other weather info. I'm trying to get the "full" info to flow on the left hand side just like it is now but of course with the "full" weather info. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks and have a great day...
    There are a few settings left in that version that you can enable by changing the opacity from 0.0 to 1.0. A bunch of stuff has been stripped out from the normal UNIAW though so it doesn't have all of the options. You should be able to see what you can add under the main CSS.