+ Reply
Page 465 of 852 FirstFirst ... 365 415 455463464465466467 475 515 565 ... LastLast
Results 9,281 to 9,300 of 17029

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: UniAW6.0 for iph4 & iph5

is a discussion within the

iPhone 4|4S New Skins / Themes Launches

forums, a part of the

New Skins / Themes Launches

section;
Originally Posted by Dacal It's probably a accuweather bug. The day/night change are based on the sunset/sunrise. The dscription is based on the icon number. Need to look the source
    My iPhone is a Part of Me signori's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Dacal View Post
    It's probably a accuweather bug. The day/night change are based on the sunset/sunrise. The dscription is based on the icon number.

Need to look the source to see.

What is you accuweather code or coordinates ?
    I can't seem to find the accuweather code for my city. My coordinates are 43.84N-79.11W
    Last edited by signori; 08-05-2013 at 07:23 PM.

Theme Modder
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,123 Times in 1,002 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by NewdestinyX View Post
    Ian & Dacal,
    Good news and bad news.
    The GOOD NEWS: AMAZING UPDATE!!!!!!!!!! LOVE IT!!!!! Moon phases are SPECTACULAR upgrade. They appear for Accuweather only - right?

The BAD NEWS: We still have that bug from 6.4 beta -- where after certain resprings - UniAW 6.4_SB shows just the frost window and the big UNIAW 6 Logo - which I think is the No Internet window or demo mode or something. When I respring a 2nd time it resets perfectly and the animations start running. This has happened to me now once after a Winterboard respring and once after an Iconoclasm respring. Both King and I had a similar bug in 6.3 and 6.4beta. It seems to still be here - at least for me. Anyone else?
    It's absolutely a non-issue, NewD!.....Yes, I noticed it before, but really, really not important....Occasionally, a second re-spring is needed, if you happen to require a respring for whatever you are doing....But constant re-springing of the device is not normal operation....And as Dacal pointed out a couple of posts back, it's more than likely a connection problem....It could be that since the newest "Choice" versions, the widget is simultaneously trying to do a few more tasks upon re-spring, or re-boot.....Just a thought....A total non-issue, IMO.

3. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to ferlop15 For This Useful Post:

Dacal (08-06-2013), King_O_Hill (08-05-2013), Krima (08-05-2013), lostinthemes (08-06-2013), The_Durben (08-06-2013)

My iPhone is a Part of Me bliken's Avatar
    Thanks

I also had it say undefined. But I waited and the next update it fixed itself.

So I am thinking it is connection issue too.

5. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to bliken For This Useful Post:

Dacal (08-06-2013), King_O_Hill (08-05-2013), The_Durben (08-06-2013)

Thanks
    Thanked 8,549 Times in 4,327 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ferlop15 View Post
    It's absolutely a non-issue, NewD!.....Yes, I noticed it before, but really, really not important....Occasionally, a second re-spring is needed, if you happen to require a respring for whatever you are doing....But constant re-springing of the device is not normal operation....And as Dacal pointed out a couple of posts back, it's more than likely a connection problem....It could be that since the newest "Choice" versions, the widget is simultaneously trying to do a few more tasks upon re-spring, or re-boot.....Just a thought....A total non-issue, IMO.
    With respect, Ferlop, just because there's a workaround (multiple resprings) doesn't mean the bug's a non-issue. No other version of UniAW had the issue. Dacal & Ian will fix it.
    Here to help if I can. If I can't I know someone who can!

Thanks
    Thanked 5,021 Times in 1,714 Posts

Yea this is a connection problem if you hit restart it will load fine, myself I don't know how all you like accuweather it sucks for me the temps and all are off! I guess I like yahoo better
    WidgetWeather ​Thread

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to RKO1195 For This Useful Post:

King_O_Hill (08-05-2013), lostinthemes (08-06-2013)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by RKO1195 View Post
    Yea this is a connection problem if you hit restart it will load fine, myself I don't know how all you like accuweather it sucks for me the temps and all are off! I guess I like yahoo better
    The "connection problem" (if that's what we're calling this new bug in UniAW) is not just on the accuweather side. So I'm not sure what you mean by bringing up Accuweather in the context of my post, RKO. Please elaborate..

Thanks
    Thanked 5,021 Times in 1,714 Posts

I was just saying I don't like the accuweather...lol and dont know why alot of you do. but yea it's not on just accuw side it does it on yahoo to but I think it's a connection problem is all
    WidgetWeather ​Thread

11. The Following User Says Thank You to RKO1195 For This Useful Post:

lostinthemes (08-06-2013)

My iPhone is a Part of Me Azjonnyg's Avatar
    Thanks

It's a connection problem. There is a "dead service" area near me, only happens then. The frost appearing may be its own "bug" I have demo mode off and on "no Internet" set to show nothing and frost appears. Using accuweather

Theme Modder
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,123 Times in 1,002 Posts

With respect, Ferlop, just because there's a workaround (multiple resprings) doesn't mean the bug's a non-issue. No other version of UniAW had the issue. Dacal & Ian will fix it.
    Why does it have to be a "bug?".....one cannot reasonably expect this widget to attain an Internet connection immediately upon a respring every single time....As for your "no other version had this issue"....remember that all previous versions had the updating issue....these last 2 ver. don't have that problem, so they're not the same....have you looked at all that code in the "cookie" version?....perhaps you have remnants of the cookie, "crumbs" if you will, lol.....jk...anyway, why are constantly respringing?....Just "Set it, and forget it!"

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ferlop15 For This Useful Post:

King_O_Hill (08-05-2013), RKO1195 (08-06-2013)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ferlop15 View Post
    Why does it have to be a "bug?".....one cannot reasonably expect this widget to attain an Internet connection immediately upon a respring every single time....As for your "no other version had this issue"....remember that all previous versions had the updating issue....these last 2 ver. don't have that problem, so they're not the same....have you looked at all that code in the "cookie" version?....perhaps you have remnants of the cookie, "crumbs" if you will, lol.....jk...anyway, why are constantly respringing?....Just "Set it, and forget it!"
    The only bug is the frost appearing. Losing the connection is a no brainier...

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Azjonnyg For This Useful Post:

King_O_Hill (08-05-2013)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Azjonnyg View Post
    The only bug is the frost appearing. Losing the connection is a no brainier...
    Well for me the frost appears AND the large UNIAW insignia. Do you get both? And WHAT are you saying is causing the frost & logo to appear? A lost connection? I never get lost connections where I am. And no other version of UniAW so far was prone to lost connections - for me. They all worked perfectly except UniAW6.4 beta & final. 6.1--> 6.3 (with the cookie) worked great.

King Kong ain't got nothing on me! King_O_Hill's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 16,419 Times in 6,007 Posts

It is most definitely a connection problem. I have experienced it a few times my self. The code is just making the call before the radio is completely connected. Is anyone having this on a phone other than the I5?

Just curios.
    Widget-Weather App Now Available! Also with MyLocation Support!
    Check out the thread here - Widget-Weather
    To install the Widget-Weather app, just go to Cydia and install. This will also remove MyLocation, as it is built in!
    Want to protect your JailBreak! Add this repo http://cydia.myrepospace.com/iLEXiNFO/ & Install "iLEX R.A.T."
    It will allow you to bring your phone back to a fresh jailbroken state!

19. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to King_O_Hill For This Useful Post:

Kazuyoshi (08-06-2013), lostinthemes (08-06-2013), MnM'S (08-06-2013)

iPhone? More like MyPhone Kazuyoshi's Avatar
    Thanks

good morning @ all,

first I want to thank the whole team for that great update to 6.4 perfect work as every time.

I got a little question according to the "runtime" of sun and moon. In default sun/moon begin to start
    at 0px to the def. times and end at 320 (as programmed in the specified .js).
    Is there a possibility to have the sun/moon started e.g. at 50px ? Then change the .js to a runtime of 200px
    so that the full way is from 50 --> 250 px?

greetz Chris

edit: I think i got it ... played with the top/left settings ans pic sizes (also downsized the 1200x1200 to 600x600)
    Last edited by Kazuyoshi; 08-06-2013 at 02:40 AM.
    Matux is past ... Kazuyoshi is back (thx Simon )

Dropbox
    : exxOS -- Shine --

Thanks

Well for me the frost appears AND the large UNIAW insignia. Do you get both? And WHAT are you saying is causing the frost & logo to appear? A lost connection? I never get lost connections where I am. And no other version of UniAW so far was prone to lost connections - for me. They all worked perfectly except UniAW6.4 beta & final. 6.1--> 6.3 (with the cookie) worked great.
    I turned off the uniaw logo, set to appear when connection is lost which I'm assuming you have set as the fallback, when connection is down. It has only happened to me when I lose cell and wifi. However I never experienced the animation "stopping" in previous versions

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by King_O_Hill View Post
    It is most definitely a connection problem. I have experienced it a few times my self. The code is just making the call before the radio is completely connected. Is anyone having this on a phone other than the I5?

Just curios.
    I agree. I get that on 4s and it seems if you are willing to wait a few minutes it fixes itself.

23. The Following User Says Thank You to MnM'S For This Useful Post:

King_O_Hill (08-06-2013)

Thanks

Hi everyone,

I have been coming to Modmyi for a few years now, but usually never go beyond what's on the front page. A few nights ago for whatever reasons I decided to browse through the forums and I stumbled onto this thread. I'm very new to theme installation so as you can imagine I've run into a problem getting UniAW 6.4 setup correctly. If anyone has just a moment could you answer four questions for me?

1) I'm trying to setup the config.js file weather section for the New York City area and I just can't seem to get it right. Anyone in New York using this theme and care to share either their config file or the code for the weather section? I'm trying to set it up so it auto updates via GPS in the event I do travel outside of the city (something I do quite often).

2) var GMT = 0; // adjust for summertime. Sorry I really have no clue if I should change the value of this line. I know NYC does have it's DST, but I'm not sure if GMT is affected by that.

3) I don't know if this can be done, but does IOS allow you to have different wallpapers or theme on each page? I've set up this theme similar to how the dev has it using Gridlock and Springjumps. As I was setting this up I was thinking how cool it would be to have a separate theme for each page. For example when you hit the game icon you could have a nice background image or theme of your favorite game, etc. Is something like this even possible with IOS?

4) Is it possible to slow down the window wiper animation? It's like a blur on my phone (iPhone 5).

Anyway those are the four questions I have. Much thanks in advance to all who can help me out with some answers.

Lastly I just want to say thank you to all the devs who put in time to create this wonderful theme. I never really cared for a custom theme, but immediately after seeing UniAW I wanted to install it. Despite running into a little bit of trouble I don't regret it. Hats off to all of you guys.

-Rod

Thanks
    Thanked 8,475 Times in 1,496 Posts

Don't forget, no cookie... Before, if internet was down or you had a connexion problem, you loaded previous data. Since the first 6.4 release, you need to have an available connexion.

BTW, for the temp test value andthe frst, it's normal. The description in Config.js is not complete. :

var tempTest = 21; // To see frost effect in demo mode, set this to zero or below (for celsius) or 32 and below (for fahrenheit).

So, if you are in fahrenheit, frost effect is launched in demo mode.

My themes : Jade HD, Silex HD, BaSalt HD,ToPaz
    All are on Cydia and/or Theme It.

26. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Dacal For This Useful Post:

Azjonnyg (08-06-2013), Ian Nicoll (08-06-2013), Kazuyoshi (08-06-2013), lostinthemes (08-06-2013), RKO1195 (08-06-2013), The_Durben (08-06-2013)

From Scotland, live in Philippines, German company, work worldwide, currently in Sri Lanka.
    Thanks
    Thanked 18,620 Times in 3,795 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by rodnutz View Post
    Hi everyone,

I have been coming to Modmyi for a few years now, but usually never go beyond what's on the front page. A few nights ago for whatever reasons I decided to browse through the forums and I stumbled onto this thread. I'm very new to theme installation so as you can imagine I've run into a problem getting UniAW 6.4 setup correctly. If anyone has just a moment could you answer four questions for me?

1) I'm trying to setup the config.js file weather section for the New York City area and I just can't seem to get it right. Anyone in New York using this theme and care to share either their config file or the code for the weather section? I'm trying to set it up so it auto updates via GPS in the event I do travel outside of the city (something I do quite often).

2) var GMT = 0; // adjust for summertime. Sorry I really have no clue if I should change the value of this line. I know NYC does have it's DST, but I'm not sure if GMT is affected by that.

3) I don't know if this can be done, but does IOS allow you to have different wallpapers or theme on each page? I've set up this theme similar to how the dev has it using Gridlock and Springjumps. As I was setting this up I was thinking how cool it would be to have a separate theme for each page. For example when you hit the game icon you could have a nice background image or theme of your favorite game, etc. Is something like this even possible with IOS?

4) Is it possible to slow down the window wiper animation? It's like a blur on my phone (iPhone 5).

Anyway those are the four questions I have. Much thanks in advance to all who can help me out with some answers.

Lastly I just want to say thank you to all the devs who put in time to create this wonderful theme. I never really cared for a custom theme, but immediately after seeing UniAW I wanted to install it. Despite running into a little bit of trouble I don't regret it. Hats off to all of you guys.

-Rod
    Hi & welcome,

1. For GPS to work you first need to install the "MyLocation" tweak, best way to do this is to find a post from "King_O_Hill", look in his signature for the install instructions. (Thanks again KOH for this )

New York code for Yahoo is: 2459115
    New York code for Accuweather is (I think) 10001.
    If this in incorrect look at this list and pick the correct code for your area:

<CityList us="3" intl="6" extra_cities="0">
    <location city="New York" state="NY" postal="10001"/>
    <location city="New York Mills" state="MN" postal="56567"/>
    <location city="New York Mills" state="NY" postal="13417"/>
    <location city="New York" state="Honduras(Santa Barbara)" postal="CAC|HN|HO016|NEW YORK|"/>
    <location city="New York" state="Jamaica(Saint Ann)" postal="CAC|JM|JM007|NEW YORK|"/>
    <location city="New York" state="Jamaica(Saint Catherine)" postal="CAC|JM|JM008|NEW YORK|"/>
    <location city="New York" state="Mexico(Chiapas)" postal="NAM|MX|MX005|NEW YORK|"/>
    <location city="New York" state="United Kingdom(England)" postal="EUR|UK|UK001|NEW YORK|"/>
    <location city="New York" state="United Kingdom(Lincolnshire, England)" postal="EUR|UK|UK171|New York|"/>

2. "var GMT = 0; // adjust for summertime". Once you get the Widget up and running with your correct location, look at your sunrise/sunset times, compare then to the times from the AccuWeather & Yahoo websites, if they are off by an hour set this figure to either 1 or -1 to make the sunset/sunrise times match. Note: it is normal that AccuWeather sunset/sunrise times may be out by up to 10 minutes, this GMT setting is only if your times are out by over an hour.

3. This can be done using PerPageHTML, I can't remember exactly what you have to do but I think it's just a matter of putting a "Wallpaper.png" file in each page (sorry, can't remember if this "Wallpaper.png" files need to be in folders or not).

4. It sounds like you have some tweak on your phone that claims to speed up you phone, these tweaks do nothing more that speed up all the animations on your device which gives the illusion that it is running faster, problem is they also interfere with our widget animations... Remove and delete whatever speed tweak you have installed.

5. Thanks.

Don't forget, no cookie... Before, if internet was down or you had a connexion problem, you loaded previous data. Since the first 6.4 release, you need to have an available connexion.

BTW, for the temp test value andthe frst, it's normal. The description in Config.js is not complete. :

var tempTest = 21; // To see frost effect in demo mode, set this to zero or below (for celsius) or 32 and below (for fahrenheit).

So, if you are in fahrenheit, frost effect is launched in demo mode.
    Hi Dacal,

I am now back in China, I was just about to answer this.
    So yeah.. if you guys are setting the Widget to use fahrenheit and you don't want the frost effect in demo mode then set var tempTest to 33 or above.
    Last edited by Ian Nicoll; 08-06-2013 at 03:13 AM.

"If it's not broken, I'll fix it till it is"

28. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Ian Nicoll For This Useful Post:

Dacal (08-06-2013), Dexy88 (08-06-2013), Kazuyoshi (08-06-2013), King_O_Hill (08-06-2013), lostinthemes (08-06-2013), The_Durben (08-06-2013)

Thanks
    Thanked 8,475 Times in 1,496 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by rodnutz View Post
    Hi everyone,

-Rod
    Hi,

1) Accuweather code (US format) : 10001, Yahoo code : 2459115

It's only need if gps is set to false, or your current location don't give some good informations. See the King_O_Hill signature for the latest version of myLocation application.

2) Look the sunset/sunrise time. If not good, you can adjust them by +/- 1, 2, 3,... hours.

For exemple, if sunrise/sunset you have, are 6:00 am and 9:00 pm, and the correct ones are 5:00 am and 8:00 pm :
    var GMT = -1;

3) Ian will soon release the PerPage version (it almost the same as the SB version, with some adjustments) and iWidget version. You will have the choice between both to put the uniAW widget only on one page.

4) Yes, but normally it's the good speed. If you want to change that, you will need to modify ALL Css weather files that call for the wiper.

Exemple for the rain, you will need to locate these sections and reduce the value in red below (be careful, put the same lower value in all sections) :

#wiper{
    background-size:55px 300px;
    position:absolute;
    top:-20px;
    left:120px;
    height: 300px;
    width: 55px;
    -webkit-animation: wiper;
    -webkit-transform-origin-x: 80%;
    -webkit-transform-origin-y: 3%;
    -webkit-animation-duration: 10s;
    -webkit-animation-iteration-count: infinite;
    }

#trace {
    position: absolute;
    background-size: 320px 480px;
    top: 0px;
    left: 0px;
    height: 480px;
    width: 320px;
    -webkit-animation: fade_trace;
    }

#water {
    position: absolute;
    background-size: 320px 480px;
    top: 0px;
    left: 0px;
    height: 480px;
    width: 320px;
    -webkit-animation: fade_water;
    -webkit-animation-timing-function: ease;
    }

Quote Originally Posted by Ian Nicoll View Post
    Hi & welcome,

1. For GPS to work you first need to install the "MyLocation" tweak, best way to do this is to find a post from "King_O_Hill", look in his signature for the install instructions. (Thanks again KOH for this )

New York code for Yahoo is: 2459115
    New York code for Accuweather is (I think) 10001.
    If this in incorrect look at this list and pick the correct code for your area:

<CityList us="3" intl="6" extra_cities="0">
    <location city="New York" state="NY" postal="10001"/>
    <location city="New York Mills" state="MN" postal="56567"/>
    <location city="New York Mills" state="NY" postal="13417"/>
    <location city="New York" state="Honduras(Santa Barbara)" postal="CAC|HN|HO016|NEW YORK|"/>
    <location city="New York" state="Jamaica(Saint Ann)" postal="CAC|JM|JM007|NEW YORK|"/>
    <location city="New York" state="Jamaica(Saint Catherine)" postal="CAC|JM|JM008|NEW YORK|"/>
    <location city="New York" state="Mexico(Chiapas)" postal="NAM|MX|MX005|NEW YORK|"/>
    <location city="New York" state="United Kingdom(England)" postal="EUR|UK|UK001|NEW YORK|"/>
    <location city="New York" state="United Kingdom(Lincolnshire, England)" postal="EUR|UK|UK171|New York|"/>

2. "var GMT = 0; // adjust for summertime". Once you get the Widget up and running with your correct location, look at your sunrise/sunset times, compare then to the times from the AccuWeather & Yahoo websites, if they are off by an hour set this figure to either 1 or -1 to make the sunset/sunrise times match. Note: it is normal that AccuWeather sunset/sunrise times may be out by up to 10 minutes, this GMT setting is only if your times are out by over an hour.

3. This can be done using PerPageHTML, I can't remember exactly what you have to do but I think it's just a matter of putting a "Wallpaper.png" file in each page (sorry, can't remember if this "Wallpaper.png" files need to be in folders or not).

4. It sounds like you have some tweak on your phone that claims to speed up you phone, these tweaks do nothing more that speed up all the animations on your device which gives the illusion that it is running faster, problem is they also interfere with our widget animations... Remove and delete whatever speed tweak you have installed.

5. Thanks.

Hi Dacal,

I am now back in China, I was just about to answer this.
    So yeah.. if you guys are setting the Widget to use fahrenheit and you don't want the frost effect in demo mode then set var tempTest to 33 or above.
    Lol, you beat me...

Ian,

I have updated the links during the night, to include the italian and spanish translations

All the best M8,
    Dacal
    Last edited by Dacal; 08-06-2013 at 03:27 AM.

My themes : Jade HD, Silex HD, BaSalt HD,ToPaz
    All are on Cydia and/or Theme It.

30. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Dacal For This Useful Post:

Dexy88 (08-06-2013), Ian Nicoll (08-06-2013), Kazuyoshi (08-06-2013), King_O_Hill (08-06-2013), lostinthemes (08-06-2013), The_Durben (08-06-2013)

From Scotland, live in Philippines, German company, work worldwide, currently in Sri Lanka.
    Thanks
    Thanked 18,620 Times in 3,795 Posts

Lol, you beat me...

Ian,

I have updated the links during the night, to include the italian and spanish translations

All the best M8,
    Dacal
    Thanks David, I did some formatting in post one, the two links their are the ones you updated?

Thanks pal.

Ian.

"If it's not broken, I'll fix it till it is"

32. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Ian Nicoll For This Useful Post:

Dacal (08-06-2013), Kazuyoshi (08-06-2013), King_O_Hill (08-06-2013), lostinthemes (08-06-2013), The_Durben (08-06-2013)