+ Reply
Page 434 of 837 FirstFirst ... 334 384 424432433434435436 444 484 534 ... LastLast
Results 8,661 to 8,680 of 16730

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: UniAW6.0 for iph4 & iph5

is a discussion within the

iPhone 4|4S New Skins / Themes Launches

forums, a part of the

New Skins / Themes Launches

section;
First, let me preface this by saying in no way do I blame anyone for losing my jailbreak, but here's what happened yesterday. I downloaded Ian's latest beta and disabled
    Green Apple
    Thanks

Angry Lost Jailbreak :(
    First, let me preface this by saying in no way do I blame anyone for losing my jailbreak, but here's what happened yesterday.

I downloaded Ian's latest beta and disabled all animations and applied it in Winterboard. I then went into PerPageHTML+ to enable animations on the first page. For some reason, it wouldn't save. I enabled it for the first page, and then hit the home button as I didn't see any other way to go back, or apply the settings in PerPage. When it resprung, no animation were showing on the first page so I went back into PerPage and didn't see anything enabed. Tried again with the same results.

I then went into Cydia and uninstalled PerPageHTML+ and installed PerPageHTML and resprung. The phone wouldn't get passed the Apple logo. Hard booted and the same thing. I could see the file system in iFunBox so I deleted all MobileSubstrate files for PerPage and still no good result. Went back into the file system and removed any other MobileSubstrate files that I could think would conflict and still nothing.

Only thing I could do is restore 6.1.4

Be careful with what you do fellas! Stock sucks!

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ScootPatoot For This Useful Post:

A11AST3R (07-09-2013), KraXik (07-09-2013), siemprelisto (07-10-2013)

Thanks
    Thanked 8,441 Times in 4,286 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ScootPatoot View Post
    First, let me preface this by saying in no way do I blame anyone for losing my jailbreak, but here's what happened yesterday.

I downloaded Ian's latest beta and disabled all animations and applied it in Winterboard. I then went into PerPageHTML+ to enable animations on the first page. For some reason, it wouldn't save. I enabled it for the first page, and then hit the home button as I didn't see any other way to go back, or apply the settings in PerPage. When it resprung, no animation were showing on the first page so I went back into PerPage and didn't see anything enabed. Tried again with the same results.

I then went into Cydia and uninstalled PerPageHTML+ and installed PerPageHTML and resprung. The phone wouldn't get passed the Apple logo. Hard booted and the same thing. I could see the file system in iFunBox so I deleted all MobileSubstrate files for PerPage and still no good result. Went back into the file system and removed any other MobileSubstrate files that I could think would conflict and still nothing.

So sorry to hear it. PerPageHTML is a very old tweak and only barely supported by iOS6. I think Ian should let go support for it all together. But let's be clear that UniAW is in no way a loss of jailbreak risk. PerPage corruption caused or was part of a larger issue.

Were you not aware of the iLexRAT tweak tool that's been talked about quite a lot of late that can rescue a phone even in Apple Boot Loop purgatory and reset the phone back to clean jailbreak? It has saved several people's jailbreaks when in boot loop.

So sorry, man.
    Here to help if I can. If I can't I know someone who can!

4. The Following User Says Thank You to NewdestinyX For This Useful Post:

A11AST3R (07-09-2013)

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by NewdestinyX View Post
    So sorry to hear it. PerPageHTML is a very old tweak and only barely supported by iOS6. I think Ian should let go support for it all together. But let's be clear that UniAW is in no way a loss of jailbreak risk. PerPage corruption caused or was part of a larger issue.

Were you not aware of the iLexRAT tweak tool that's been talked about quite a lot of late that can rescue a phone even in Apple Boot Loop purgatory and reset the phone back to clean jailbreak? It has saved several people's jailbreaks when in boot loop.

So sorry, man.
    Agreed that UniAW in no way was a result of losing the jailbreak. I heard of iLexRat but never installed it. But would it be able to recover a phone that won't even boot, not even to Safe Mode (which I tried as well but failed to mention in my initial post)?

6. The Following User Says Thank You to ScootPatoot For This Useful Post:

KraXik (07-09-2013)

My iPhone is a Part of Me VOLTAGExDT's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,836 Times in 489 Posts

again guys, this is why I posted and king has in his signature... to take 5 minutes install ilex Rat. would have fixed your JB...

8. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to VOLTAGExDT For This Useful Post:

King_O_Hill (07-09-2013), KraXik (07-09-2013), RKO1195 (07-09-2013), The_Durben (07-09-2013)

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by VOLTAGExDT View Post
    again guys, this is why I posted and king has in his signature... to take 5 minutes install ilex Rat. would have fixed your JB...
    I guess I should have more familiarized myself with this tweak. How does it work when stuck at the Apple logo? The phone wouldn't even boot to Safe Mode so I don't know how I'd be able to even run iLexRat if the phone wouldn't boot??

10. The Following User Says Thank You to ScootPatoot For This Useful Post:

KraXik (07-09-2013)

Thanks

I guess I should have more familiarized myself with this tweak. How does it work when stuck at the Apple logo? The phone wouldn't even boot to Safe Mode so I don't know how I'd be able to even run iLexRat if the phone wouldn't boot??
    iLex RAT lets you initiate a command line (I believe ) from your computer to clear all jailbreak tweaks and hidden files (way more than the mobile substrates you tried to get rid of). Much in the same way you were able to see the file structure of your phone from iFunBox while it was in BootLoop.. iLex can see it from computer. King knows more. But I keep trying to tell people - that iLex is insurance for your jailbreak and it's on my phone.

There are still jail broken phones on eBay for sale if you miss your jail break too much. You can sell yours on eBay and break even likely.

Talk soon!

12. The Following User Says Thank You to NewdestinyX For This Useful Post:

ScootPatoot (07-09-2013)

Green Apple
    Thanks

iLex RAT lets you initiate a command line (I believe ) from your computer to clear all jailbreak tweaks and hidden files (way more than the mobile substrates you tried to get rid of). Much in the same way you were able to see the file structure of your phone from iFunBox while it was in BootLoop.. iLex can see it from computer. King knows more. But I keep trying to tell people - that iLex is insurance for your jailbreak and it's on my phone.

There are still jail broken phones on eBay for sale if you miss your jail break too much. You can sell yours on eBay and break even likely.

Talk soon!
    Thanks for the info. That makes sense then. Like I said, I should have researched it better before it was too late. eBay may be something to look into. I was already planning to upgrade to iOS7 when that came out so we'll see. Hopefully that gets a jailbreak shortly after release.

For others, take a close look at iLexRat. It probably would have helped me...

14. The Following User Says Thank You to ScootPatoot For This Useful Post:

KraXik (07-09-2013)

Thanks
    Thanked 14,784 Times in 6,877 Posts

Semi Restore can also wipe a jailbreak clean to start fresh and potentially save a boot looped phone. Good thing about semi restore as opposed to iLex is it is run on your computer so doesn't have to be installed prior to an issue arising.

16. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Simon For This Useful Post:

KraXik (07-09-2013), lizzy954 (07-10-2013), nateD (07-10-2013), NewdestinyX (07-09-2013), RKO1195 (07-09-2013), ScootPatoot (07-09-2013), siemprelisto (07-10-2013), The_Durben (07-09-2013)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Simon View Post
    Semi Restore can also wipe a jailbreak clean to start fresh and potentially save a boot looped phone. Good thing about semi restore as opposed to iLex is it is run on your computer so doesn't have to be installed prior to an issue arising.
    Simon, with you being such a ROCK "THEMER" these days I'd almost forgotten about your wonderful expertise with all things jailbreak.. Please tell me about SemiRestore and/or where I can read about it. I just want to be prepared.

18. The Following User Says Thank You to NewdestinyX For This Useful Post:

Simon (07-09-2013)

Thanks

Simon, with you being such a ROCK "THEMER" these days I'd almost forgotten about your wonderful expertise with all things jailbreak.. Please tell me about SemiRestore and/or where I can read about it. I just want to be prepared.
    Well I haven't had to use it yet so cant comment on exactly how well it works but this is their site: Semi-Restore for iOS 5.0-6.1.2

20. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Simon For This Useful Post:

It's Mi (09-19-2013), KraXik (07-09-2013), NewdestinyX (07-09-2013), RandyTG (07-16-2013), RKO1195 (07-09-2013), The_Durben (07-09-2013)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,752 Times in 890 Posts

I'm about to take my iPhone to the apple store to get a fix for my dodgy sleep button.

Do you think if I use iLex and put Cydia in a folder, they would notice?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by KraXik View Post
    I'm about to take my iPhone to the apple store to get a fix for my dodgy sleep button.

Do you think if I use iLex and put Cydia in a folder, they would notice?
    Probably not. Bury it deep in one of you folders. Do they actually fix it though? I thought they normally just give you a new one.

23. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Simon For This Useful Post:

King_O_Hill (07-09-2013), KraXik (07-09-2013)

Green Apple
    Thanks

Hi everyone I got a question, is max's mod update to 6.3 yet ? And if it is update where can I find it ? Thanks in advances

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Ranyi2012 View Post
    Hi everyone I got a question, is max's mod update to 6.3 yet ? And if it is update where can I find it ? Thanks in advances
    Not yet. And haven't seen Marty in weeks. He just seems to have disappeared.. Working on some new project I guess. All we have of 6.3 is really a 'beta'. I think Marty said he would do the update of Max's mod once a final 6.3 came out - which will now likely be 6.4 according to Ian - so there's no confusion with this beta version of 6.3scroll and other 'choice' versions of 6.3 that came recently too.

OH YES!!!!! Finally - a restore to current firmware tool like we had with RedSnow last year for 5.1.1. But this is even BETTER because it KEEPS your jailbreak and you don't even need to run evasi0n again. LOVE this. So in your estimation, Simon, if I just felt like getting things ALL CLEANED OUT - like we all do in the first few months after a JB and before a firmware update from Apple - that this product is safe for that? I feel like there are tweaks I've tried and now don't use - but all the cache files that get left after an uninstall of a tweak... Part of me would just love to do a fresh restore and start clean.. You would personally trust SemiRestore to do this?
    Last edited by NewdestinyX; 07-09-2013 at 11:15 AM.

26. The Following User Says Thank You to NewdestinyX For This Useful Post:

Ranyi2012 (07-09-2013)

Green Apple
    Thanks

Wow...I wish I knew about this about 17 hours ago....

Thanks

Not yet. And haven't seen Marty in weeks. He just seems to have disappeared.. Working on some new project I guess. All we have of 6.3 is really a 'beta'. I think Marty said he would do the update of Max's mod once a final 6.3 came out - which will now likely be 6.4 according to Ian - so there's no confusion with this beta version of 6.3scroll and other 'choice' versions of 6.3 that came recently too.

OH YES!!!!! Finally - a restore to current firmware tool like we had with RedSnow last year for 5.1.1. But this is even BETTER because it KEEPS your jailbreak and you don't even need to run evasi0n again. LOVE this. So in your estimation, Simon, if I just felt like getting things ALL CLEANED OUT - like we all do in the first few months after a JB and before a firmware update from Apple - that this product is safe for that? I feel like there are tweaks I've tried and now don't use - but all the cache files that get left after an uninstall of a tweak... Part of me would just love to do a fresh restore and start clean.. You would personally trust SemiRestore to do this?
    Well personally I have used iLex a few times so would use that first since I know it works well. If I had no choice though I would try semi-restore.

29. The Following User Says Thank You to Simon For This Useful Post:

The_Durben (07-09-2013)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,469 Times in 602 Posts

What is the repo for iLex?

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Steph53940 View Post
    Hi Steph,

did u fix the problem with the touchlayer? When yes, and u did your LockScreen
    6.3_scroll_Beta2 compatible, would u share it please ?

TiA

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

iLEXiNFO's Repository - MyRepoSpace.com

Quote Originally Posted by mcooper View Post
    What is the repo for iLex?
    cydia.myrepospace.com/iLEXiNFO/

33. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to bliken For This Useful Post:

mcooper (07-09-2013), The_Durben (07-09-2013)

Thanks
    Thanked 40,559 Times in 7,513 Posts

cydia.myrepospace.com/iLEXiNFO/

oops I'm slow

35. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to The_Durben For This Useful Post:

bliken (07-09-2013), mcooper (07-09-2013), RKO1195 (07-09-2013)