Page 428 of 875 FirstFirst ... 328 378 418426427428429430 438 478 528 ... LastLast
Results 8,541 to 8,560 of 17493

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: UniAW6.0 for iph4 & iph5

Nice yahoo version or accuweather? i prefer yahoo

Quote Originally Posted by (((Pipo 79))) View Post
    Nice yahoo version or accuweather? i prefer yahoo
    I think both the yahoo and accuweather versions get city name the same way.. Though what I'd like is the Yahoo version for getting city name.
    Here to help if I can. If I can't I know someone who can!

What you trying to do? Add gps to a old widget that uses woeid

Quote Originally Posted by RKO1195 View Post
    What you trying to do? Add gps to a old widget that uses woeid
    Well, that ability would be nice.. Adding GPS to non GPS.. But there are MANY GPS widgets not updated for the city AND neighborhood pinpoint locationing variables. And the places I travel need to have "City" on all the time to give me accurate city naming. So I want to import that code and then have it as a switch in the config.js.

Also none of my iWidgets update as quickly and accurately as UniAW. I want them all to use Ian and Dacal's engine for location update.

I prefer accuweather it says sunny, mostly sunny. Yahoo always says fair even when it's 98 outside.

Quote Originally Posted by NewdestinyX View Post
    Well, that ability would be nice.. Adding GPS to non GPS.. But there are MANY GPS widgets not updated for the city AND neighborhood pinpoint locationing variables. And the places I travel need to have "City" on all the time to give me accurate city naming. So I want to import that code and then have it as a switch in the config.js.

Also none of my iWidgets update as quickly and accurately as UniAW. I want them all to use Ian and Dacal's engine for location update.

Have you put this in your widgets and tried it?

$.ajaxSetup({timeout: 8000, cache: false});

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to RKO1195 For This Useful Post:

King_O_Hill (07-06-2013), NewdestinyX (07-06-2013)

Have you put this in your widgets and tried it?

$.ajaxSetup({timeout: 8000, cache: false});
    Yep. In all of them. Still UniAW updates quicker. The ajax timeout discovery of Drifter's was just a fix for an iOS 6 problem - and VERY effective in all widgets I've added it to. But STILL not as quick in updating as UniAW....

But a while ago Drifter, I think, told me that as he examined Ian's code, he found like an every 7 second refresh rate of all data each time phone wakes up from sleep. I want to learn that secret as well - though for the moment I just want the city name coding.

Quote Originally Posted by Werty12 View Post
    I prefer accuweather it says sunny, mostly sunny. Yahoo always says fair even when it's 98 outside.
    I do too, Werty! Accuweather updates way more often and uses a greater distinction of weather conditions with sun than does Yahoo. Though recently Yahoo fixed their accuracy issue with small towns near major cities.

But the code I'm asking for us not for weather description but for city naming.
    Last edited by NewdestinyX; 07-06-2013 at 03:14 PM.

I don't know how the Accu weather pulls but for the yahoo you need just this and you need the location js and put this in top in your js, var TextColor = "TextColorGrey";

document.getElementById("city").className = TextColor;
    document.getElementById("city").innerHTML = city;

Now some widgets are wrote to say cityname so you'll have to make sure you have same in all... but I don't understand most gps widgets are the same if they have been wrote by Dacal or Durben
    Last edited by RKO1195; 07-06-2013 at 04:01 PM.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to RKO1195 For This Useful Post:

NewdestinyX (07-06-2013)

I don't know how the Accu weather pulls but for the yahoo you need just this and you need the location js and put this in top in your js, var TextColor = "TextColorGrey";

document.getElementById("city").className = TextColor;
    document.getElementById("city").innerHTML = city;

Now some widgets are wrote to say cityname so you'll have to make sure you have same in all... but I don't understand most gps widgets are the same if they have been wrote by Dacal or Durben
    I know that part of the code, RKO.. But "I think" there's a little more involved in getting the City or Neighborhood variables in the equation and working well. So I don't think it's quite that simple. I've already changed out the location.js of other widgets with UniAW's and added the variables in the config.js and it breaks the other widgets. Any other thoughts?

Thanks..
    Last edited by NewdestinyX; 07-06-2013 at 05:09 PM.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to NewdestinyX For This Useful Post:

RKO1195 (07-07-2013)

I'd have to see the widget to know what it is there wrote so many ways that its hard to say

I know that part of the code, RKO.. But "I think" there's a little more involved in getting the City or Neighborhood variables in the equation and working well. So I don't think it's quite that simple. I've already changed out the location.js of other widgets with UniAW's and added the variables in the config.js and it breaks the other widgets. Any other thoughts?

Thanks..
    It is that simple, as long as you either create a var in the config for them or just set the var permanently in the location.js file as drifter did when we had the location issue earlier this year.

Check out WW2 for iOS 8 - Widget-Weather 2.0

15. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to King_O_Hill For This Useful Post:

A11AST3R (07-06-2013), NewdestinyX (07-06-2013), RKO1195 (07-06-2013)

Quote Originally Posted by chevymusclecar View Post
    omg Chevy amazing LS i wait u share look good 😁

17. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to 07bony For This Useful Post:

A11AST3R (07-07-2013), chevymusclecar (07-06-2013), NewdestinyX (07-06-2013)

Quote Originally Posted by chevymusclecar View Post

Holy $#!+!!!!! Can't wait till this comes out

19. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to rdiddy_25 For This Useful Post:

A11AST3R (07-06-2013), chevymusclecar (07-06-2013)

Quote Originally Posted by King_O_Hill View Post
    It is that simple, as long as you either create a var in the config for them or just set the var permanently in the location.js file as drifter did when we had the location issue earlier this year.
    But its precisely Drifter's Ind Elem for City that isn't hard wired for CityGPS - and I need it to be. He included the Neighborhood variable as an option - but none for CityGPS.. So it's rarely matching the City name UniAW reports when CityGPS variable in UniAW is set to true in config.js. I'm trying to get that variable always on in Drifter's Ind Element City. And added to a few other widgets..

21. The Following User Says Thank You to NewdestinyX For This Useful Post:

King_O_Hill (07-07-2013)

But its precisely Drifter's Ind Elem for City that isn't hard wired for CityGPS - and I need it to be. He included the Neighborhood variable as an option - but none for CityGPS.. So it's rarely matching the City name UniAW reports when CityGPS variable in UniAW is set to true in config.js. I'm trying to get that variable always on in Drifter's Ind Element City. And added to a few other widgets..
    So exactly what element of the feed are you trying to output?

City?
    County?
    Neighborhood?

Check the feed and figure out what you want first. Then you can either hard code to get that element or use a variable to trigger it. But you have to know what element that you want. CityGPS is not an element of the feed.

You also have to do it for each feed if you are using more than one. Like 1 for Yahoo and a separate one for Accuweather. Once you know what element you want, we can help you code for it.

You know me, I'm not gonna spoon feed you at this point. I will offer help and point you in the right direction, but you need to do the leg work.

23. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to King_O_Hill For This Useful Post:

lostinthemes (07-08-2013), RKO1195 (07-07-2013), The_Durben (07-07-2013)

Quote Originally Posted by King_O_Hill View Post
    So exactly what element of the feed are you trying to output?

City?
    County?
    Neighborhood?

Check the feed and figure out what you want first. Then you can either hard code to get that element or use a variable to trigger it. But you have to know what element that you want. CityGPS is not an element of the feed.

You also have to do it for each feed if you are using more than one. Like 1 for Yahoo and a separate one for Accuweather. Once you know what element you want, we can help you code for it.

You know me, I'm not gonna spoon feed you at this point. I will offer help and point you in the right direction, but you need to do the leg work.
    Of course.. No sweat.. And I apologize that I'm just not explaining myself very well…

It's city I want for sure.. But in config.js we have 2 variables.. One says UseCityGPS (Meaning, as opposed to some other kind of city feed source when this variable is set to false) and one says UseNeighborhood. I always need UseCityGPS set to true to get the correct city most places I travel otherwise I get a city 10 miles away sometimes. That UseCityGPSvariable does not exist AND is not hardwired in some widgets. So it's not about city or neighborhood or county, it's about the cityGPS variable's, being set to true, ability to pinpoint city with GPS instead of whatever it uses when that var is set to false. The cityGPS is a variable and code that was added by Ian & Dacal when Yahoo's basic feed for city wasn't giving a lot of people the right city. I know you remember that big issue we worked thru with Yahoo city finding months ago. The UseCityGPS var in config.js and its linked source code is now there TO CORRECT a city naming accuracy issue in the feed.

I need that code to make some other widgets pull correct city names.
    Last edited by NewdestinyX; 07-07-2013 at 11:08 AM.

25. The Following User Says Thank You to NewdestinyX For This Useful Post:

King_O_Hill (07-07-2013)

That citygps your talking about is what Dacal fixed for some that there city doesn't show in some cases that's all in the location js, it only works if your city doesn't show right, and may still not work for some its there location depending. in my case it does nothing for me. You need the UseCityGPS in your config file

27. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to RKO1195 For This Useful Post:

King_O_Hill (07-07-2013), The_Durben (07-07-2013)

That citygps your talking about is what Dacal fixed for some that there city doesn't show in some cases that's all in the location js, it only works if your city doesn't show right, and may still not work for some its there location depending. in my case it does nothing for me. You need the UseCityGPS in your config file
    Thanks, RKO. It fixes several city naming issues here in the US for me but only when running widgets based on UniAW. That's why I want it in all my widgets.

And if its all in the location.js then it should be an easy import to other widgets.
    Last edited by NewdestinyX; 07-07-2013 at 11:17 AM.

29. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to NewdestinyX For This Useful Post:

King_O_Hill (07-07-2013), lostinthemes (07-08-2013), RKO1195 (07-07-2013)

Im sorry here is what you need look for this in the bottom of the UnIAW js and you can see where to put it in others

if (gps == false) {
    if (city == "") { obj.city = findChild(effectiveRoot, "yweather:location").getAttribute("city"); }
    else { obj.city = city }
    } else { obj.city = city; }
    Last edited by RKO1195; 07-07-2013 at 11:40 AM.

31. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to RKO1195 For This Useful Post:

King_O_Hill (07-07-2013), lostinthemes (07-08-2013), The_Durben (07-07-2013)

John, stop giving him the answers! This is how Grant learns the best. Besides that part of the UniAW doesn't really change the city value.

Grant

Take a deep breath and try and absorb what I'm explaining. You are limited to the options for location:

City
    County
    Neighborhood
    State
    Country

When we used the cityGPS variable, it is just using one of the other options in place of the "city" feed. There is a little bit of error checking back and forth to make sure that something gets output, as not everyone has a returned value for this query.

Yes, if you notice, I have not just told you which one of the above it is looking for as that is what I want you to figure out. So again, you need to pull the results of the yahoo feed and figure what exactly you want to use for your location.

Or you can just trust me in that it is simply just built into the location.js file.

Let me know how you make out.
    Last edited by King_O_Hill; 07-07-2013 at 11:35 AM.

33. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to King_O_Hill For This Useful Post:

A11AST3R (07-07-2013), RKO1195 (07-07-2013), The_Durben (07-07-2013)

Page 428 of 875 FirstFirst ... 328 378 418426427428429430 438 478 528 ... LastLast