+ Reply
Page 41 of 879 FirstFirst ... 313940414243 51 91 141 541 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: UniAW6.0 for iph4 & iph5

is a discussion within the

iPhone 4|4S New Skins / Themes Launches

forums, a part of the

New Skins / Themes Launches

section;
After I download the zip file. And unarchive it. Do I put the file in themes or iwidgets. I don't want to screw anything up so I figured I would
    Thanks

After I download the zip file. And unarchive it. Do I put the file in themes or iwidgets. I don't want to screw anything up so I figured I would ask just to be positive. I know this is probably elementary to most people on this forum but I never even knew what jail breaking was up until 2 months ago.
    Last edited by Werty12; 04-05-2013 at 10:49 PM.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by NewdestinyX View Post
    Hip, modded mine so the spaceman (very cool) also appears on Fair Nights. To me - there's no difference between fair and clear. As I looked on varied weather sites I could find no explanation of the difference either. So in the Main.js I just went down to where it said Fair Night and in the quotation marks right above where it says "partlycloudy" you change that to "moon". Then whenever Yahoo reports either CLEAR or FAIR NIGHT- the spaceman will appear. Most weather coders use their partly cloudy animation for Fair Night - but that's not really what Fair means. Fair = Clear. And Yahoo hardly ever reports Clear. So that's the way I got to see more Spaceman, baby!

Awesome setup! Thanks for sharing Ian (and many others)! I did start by reading page 1 about 6 times. Then I read all 40 pages and I'm still messing it up. Thanks in advance to all the good folks on modmyi who are so quick to help out!

I am using the WB LS setup and it installed smoothly. I got tired of waiting for a clear night to see the spaceman. No clear night in sight so I modified as quoted above to get the spaceman up on a fair night. As the LS fades in the spaceman rockets across the screen from left to right, is gone in about one second, and then just hangs out off the right side of the screen. Sometimes I see a leg (see pic), sometimes a helmet. Is this the normal animation? Did I goof something up? Should he be floating around or at least moving more slowly on the first pass?

Thanks again for sharing such awesome work!

Matt
    UniAW6.0 for iph4 & iph5-mf8.png
    Last edited by mfisherbsu; 04-05-2013 at 11:00 PM.

Thanks
    Thanked 4,122 Times in 1,325 Posts

My Sb for the moment..

4. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to sigit For This Useful Post:

CrazyChester (04-06-2013), Ian Nicoll (04-06-2013), IrobertI (04-24-2013), King_O_Hill (04-06-2013)

Theme Modder
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,475 Times in 1,054 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Werty12 View Post
    After I download the zip file. And unarchive it. Do I put the file in themes or iwidgets. I don't want to screw anything up so I figured I would ask just to be positive. I know this is probably elementary to most people on this forum but I never even knew what jail breaking was up until 2 months ago.
    That depends if you downloaded the winterboard version, which goes in Library/Themes (drag and drop whole folder) or the iwidget version, which goes in User/Library/iwidgets

Thanks
    Thanked 19,219 Times in 3,920 Posts

If you downloaded a "WB" or "LS" version then it's for Winterboard, Winterboard themes go into your "Library/Themes" folder and then need to be activated in Winterboard.

If you downloaded a "PP" version then it's for PerPageHTML or PerPageHTML+, these go into "var/mobile/Library/PerPageHTML" folder, then they need to be made active in the PerPage app.

An "iW" version means its an iWidget, these go into "var/mobile/Library/iWidgets" folder, you need the iWidgets app from Cydia to make these work.
    Last edited by Ian Nicoll; 04-06-2013 at 03:34 AM.

"If it's not broken, I'll fix it till it is"

7. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Ian Nicoll For This Useful Post:

Kazuyoshi (04-06-2013), lostinthemes (04-07-2013), mrsmickey (04-21-2013), The.Drifter (04-06-2013), The_Durben (04-06-2013)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by CrownMe View Post
    If u have winterboard version where do u put the coordinates?
    In the Setup folder, the file called Config.js, all options are in their M8.

Quote Originally Posted by The.Drifter View Post
    I have a PM box full of requests for this, so I went ahead and finished it up

Heres is a Animations only iWidget version of the UniAW6
    Hi Drifter,

Marcus, thanks so much for doing this, nobody on the thread asked about this, if they did I would have posted instructions sooner as it is so easy to do in the css file. I added the instructions to post 1 now.

PLEASE don't think I don't appreciate what you do for me pal, your work is very highly appreciated.
    I just feel there doesn't need to be so many different versions with tweaks that can be done in less than a minute by the user, users have to learn a little and I truly believe they will happier when they know the basic things themselves, as their new knowledge can be put to use in many other themes/widgets they may want to tweak.

Plus it's a pain when I have to make an update, I have so many different versions to amend! The UniAW5 became a mess with so many versions, it just complicated users.

I sincerely hope you (and our users) don't take offense at this, I absolutely do NOT want to offend you Marcus.

Thanks again pal.
    Last edited by Ian Nicoll; 04-06-2013 at 04:29 AM.

9. The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to Ian Nicoll For This Useful Post:

cuzin (04-06-2013), Dacal (04-06-2013), Hip5 (04-06-2013), joshlogic (04-06-2013), Kazuyoshi (04-06-2013), King_O_Hill (04-06-2013), lostinthemes (04-07-2013), Lucys (04-06-2013), mrsmickey (04-21-2013), NewdestinyX (04-06-2013), sigit (04-06-2013), Simon (04-06-2013), The.Drifter (04-06-2013), The_Durben (04-06-2013)

Thanks
    Thanked 16,759 Times in 4,021 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Simon View Post
    Ya, I know it has the timed walls like in the previous version. Before there was a section under weather called weathericon though. If you enabled that it changes from changing the wallpaper every hour (or 30 mins now) to wallpaper that only changes based on your current weather conditions. Looked like that part is gone in this update when I was playing with the font sizes/colors/locations.
    That option is gone. It's a little redundant to have animations with the big weather icon and the download would be so big. Try it Simon. You'll see. There's some really cool walls In there.

11. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to MamaJaay For This Useful Post:

Ian Nicoll (04-06-2013), King_O_Hill (04-06-2013), Simon (04-06-2013)

Thanks

Default A little help please
    Ok, this files (attached) are from a widget I get from "xxupsxx" (Micha), this is the person that suggested the "Reset all" fix for the update problem.

The widget is no longer working after the Yahoo change and I said I would look at it... but.. it's very old and has been modded by "rasp" a year ago, I tried all I could but can't get it working.

If any of you would like to try I attach the files here. I wanted to get this working as a "thanks" for finding the cure to the update problem.

Thanks.
    Attached Files Attached Files

13. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Ian Nicoll For This Useful Post:

Kazuyoshi (04-06-2013), King_O_Hill (04-06-2013), kristatos (04-06-2013), mrsmickey (04-21-2013)

iPhone? More like MyPhone mister jay's Avatar
    Thanks

Hey to all

I used the animated weather only with iwidgets
    like in this post UniAW6.0 for iph4 & iph5

Now ive got a question:
    How must I edit the .css for this?

between the two red lines: The animated weather (clouds rain etc)
    red circle: The animated sun/moon
    UniAW6.0 for iph4 & iph5-img_0644.png

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by mister jay View Post
    Hey to all

I used the animated weather only with iwidgets
    like in this post UniAW6.0 for iph4 & iph5

Now ive got a question:
    How must I edit the .css for this?

between the two red lines: The animated weather (clouds rain etc)
    red circle: The animated sun/moon
    Attachment 630643
    Hi,

Here is a way of doing it.

In the Widget.html file, replace this:

<div id="astronautContainer"></div>
    <div id="frameContainer"></div>
    <div id="cloudContainer"></div>
    <div id="dropContainer"></div>
    <div id="wiperContainer"></div>
    <div id="meteorContainer"></div>
    <div id="starContainer"></div>
    <div id="starsBGContainer"></div>
    <div id="FullcalendarBG"></div>
    </div>

with this:

<div id="weatherframe">
    </div>

---------------------------------

Now add this in the UniAW_iph5.css or the UniAW_iph4.css (Note: if you are going to use this on a LS then do it in both css files). Add it directly under the title "CONTAINERS (alphabetical order)"

#weatherframe{
    position: absolute;
    top: 150px;
    left: 0px;
    width: 320px;
    height: 150px;
    overflow: hidden;
    }

Now I just guessed the size, so if the window is not big enough for you just adjust the "height" setting, and if it's too low or too high just adjust the "top" setting.

------------

And lastly, again in the css file, scroll down & look for the title "SUN & MOON (alphabetical order)". For the #moon, #moonray, #sun & #sunray, adjust the "top" setting to -115 (minus 115) instead of -290)

Thats it.

Have fun.
    Last edited by Ian Nicoll; 04-06-2013 at 06:52 AM.

16. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Ian Nicoll For This Useful Post:

cuzin (04-06-2013), King_O_Hill (04-06-2013), kristatos (04-06-2013), mister jay (04-06-2013), mrsmickey (04-21-2013), sigit (04-06-2013), The_Durben (04-06-2013)

My iPhone is a Part of Me cerber24's Avatar
    Thanks

How to turn off 4 days weather panel?

iPhone? More like MyPhone iamaqtpa2t's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by mohseen488 View Post
    finally got it fixed.

thanks to all who helped me.

Love your icons what set are they and where can I get them Care to share.

Thanks
    QT

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by cerber24 View Post
    How to turn off 4 days weather panel?
    FAQ in post 1.

If you just mean the panel behind the 4 day weather icons (but leave the icons on screen), adjust the "forecastbg_fadein", the 100% setting will need to be 0 (zero).
    Last edited by Ian Nicoll; 04-06-2013 at 07:03 AM.

20. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Ian Nicoll For This Useful Post:

cerber24 (04-06-2013), Hip5 (04-06-2013), joshlogic (04-06-2013), Kazuyoshi (04-06-2013), King_O_Hill (04-06-2013), mrsmickey (04-21-2013), sigit (04-06-2013), The_Durben (04-06-2013)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Ian Nicoll View Post
    In my little experience, if it works in safari browser but not in IOS it's usually down to a "case sensitive" mistake, make sure you didn't use a capital letter somewhere you shouldn't have, this is very easy to do when using iFile as the keyboard capitalizes words automatically.

======================
    ======================

Got to go to work now, C ya'z in about 12hrs.

that never even crossed my mind ya know - thanks for that i will have a look when i got fresh eyes - im currently having exams for a new job
    http://modmyi.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=3585142&dateline=1347  707776

22. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to iamevl For This Useful Post:

Ian Nicoll (04-06-2013), King_O_Hill (04-06-2013)

iPhone? More like MyPhone mister jay's Avatar
    Thanks

big thanks for the quick help

does it gives a clean version? without cut of the clouds sun and moon?

Quote Originally Posted by Ian Nicoll View Post
    Hi,

Here is a way of doing it.

In the Widget.html file, replace this:

</div>

with this:

<div id="weatherframe">
    </div>

---------------------------------

Now add this in the UniAW_iph5.css or the UniAW_iph4.css (Note: if you are going to use this on a LS then do it in both css files). Add it directly under the title "CONTAINERS (alphabetical order)"

#weatherframe{
    position: absolute;
    top: 150px;
    left: 0px;
    width: 320px;
    height: 150px;
    overflow: hidden;
    }

Now I just guessed the size, so if the window is not big enough for you just adjust the "height" setting, and if it's too low or too high just adjust the "top" setting.

------------

And lastly, again in the css file, scroll down & look for the title "SUN & MOON (alphabetical order)". For the #moon, #moonray, #sun & #sunray, adjust the "top" setting to -115 (minus 115) instead of -290)

Thats it.

Have fun.

Thanks
    Thanked 4,752 Times in 1,056 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Res0prw2 View Post
    I know the GPS fix in this thread is geared for UniAw, however does anyone know if it is possible to make this work for any other GPS widgets and Lockscreens? I tried transfering the location.js into other LSs, Carla's GPS LS for example, with no luck obviously.
    Yes the fix will work for (some) older weather widgets. It worked for me for getting Chevy's ultimate SB widget back online. However I found that you need to download 'The Drifters' copy of the location.js file not the one listed on page one. I believe drifters version is on page 20 or so. Sorry in the car, can't post link right now.

EDIT: If haven't said it yet, this thread is incredible. Words can't even say it! Not only for problem solving but the camaraderie and help is fantastic! MANY thanks to Ian, Dacal and others (sorry I don't know everyone involved) for creating a revised location.js file and as well to The Drifter for modding it to work with some older widgets. Thanks everyone. Time to hit the road. I'm going to be staring at my phone the whole time watching the weather/location update on the fly as I'm travelling because it NOW WORKS!!!!! A general reset.......that one still makes me shake my head. I can't believe that fixed the problem!!

25. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Marty McFly For This Useful Post:

Ian Nicoll (04-06-2013), King_O_Hill (04-06-2013)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by mister jay View Post
    big thanks for the quick help

does it gives a clean version? without cut of the clouds sun and moon?
    The sun & moon will not be cut off, I don't think the clouds will be either but if they are just adjust the cloudContainer down a little bit with the "top" value or make your window (weatherframe) a little bigger (height). I didn't test this so you can try & let me know.

Quote Originally Posted by mfisherbsu View Post
    Awesome setup! Thanks for sharing Ian (and many others)! I did start by reading page 1 about 6 times. Then I read all 40 pages and I'm still messing it up. Thanks in advance to all the good folks on modmyi who are so quick to help out!

I am using the WB LS setup and it installed smoothly. I got tired of waiting for a clear night to see the spaceman. No clear night in sight so I modified as quoted above to get the spaceman up on a fair night. As the LS fades in the spaceman rockets across the screen from left to right, is gone in about one second, and then just hangs out off the right side of the screen. Sometimes I see a leg (see pic), sometimes a helmet. Is this the normal animation? Did I goof something up? Should he be floating around or at least moving more slowly on the first pass?

Thanks again for sharing such awesome work!

Matt
    Attachment 630607
    I've made a new fair condition with very light clouds and the spaceman, also a few other things, I will be updating all the download links in post 1 in about 10 days.
    Last edited by Ian Nicoll; 04-06-2013 at 07:46 AM.

27. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Ian Nicoll For This Useful Post:

Hip5 (04-06-2013), Kazuyoshi (04-06-2013), King_O_Hill (04-06-2013), lostinthemes (04-07-2013), mfisherbsu (04-06-2013), mister jay (04-06-2013), mrsmickey (04-21-2013)

Thanks
    Thanked 3,417 Times in 1,349 Posts

Just viewing this theme the wiper bit is that part of an iWidget? That looks cool.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Mav1971 View Post
    Just viewing this theme the wiper bit is that part of an iWidget? That looks cool.
    The wiper is part of the UniAW6 and is in all the versions.

Having said that, you (or anybody) is more than welcome to rip it out and put it in whatever you want.
    Last edited by Ian Nicoll; 04-06-2013 at 08:01 AM.

30. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Ian Nicoll For This Useful Post:

joshlogic (04-06-2013), kristatos (04-06-2013), mrsmickey (04-21-2013), The_Durben (04-06-2013)

Theme Modder
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,475 Times in 1,054 Posts

When are the weather icons suppose to change from day to night, because they are not updating according to sunrise and sunset times? Thanks