Page 33 of 875 FirstFirst ... 233132333435 43 83 133 533 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: UniAW6.0 for iph4 & iph5

Quote Originally Posted by douglaslwarren View Post
    Gonna take me a month of sundays to remember how everything was set but the RESET worked for me as well..... whodathunkit?

Thanks for all the help guys!!! What an awesome group!!

DLW
    Get yourself a utility called BackBoard (Legacy) by Wynd. It remembers everything single knobs position and all Winterboard and Iconoclasm and Springtomize setting.. I have 5 setups I go between depending on my mood. And that tool is the most useful tweak ever made. Only caveat - after iOS6 is that in addition to hitting the respring from within BackBoard to get your full setup to come back - you then have to go into Winterboard - and switch anything on then off, etc... and respring from within Winterboard for the theme icons to set properly. But a two step respring is a small price to pay to go from one massively different setup to another. Or for situations like this - after a RESET ALL SETTINGS. I simply went into my BackBoard setups and reloaded my favorite setup and WHAMMO - it all came back - right down to the Location services settings in SETTINGS and all tweak settings. Best tweak ever.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to NewdestinyX For This Useful Post:

Hip5 (04-04-2013)

Quote Originally Posted by bfichtner View Post
    It took me a couple of hours but I think I have my phone back in order. I keep messing with the location just to see if it works and it changes every time. Well worth having to set my phone back up.
    Haha - I keep changing my location too. I can't believe how fast the LS AND SB weather update now!! Within seconds.

Quote Originally Posted by Marty McFly View Post
    It's actually not that bad as far as resetting stuff. I was expecting MUCH worse! I'm pretty much back to normal and it took less then 1/2 hour. I'm just SOOOO happy it worked.
    Me too, bro. That's been SUCH a pain in the azz for so long. THRILLED to see it change on the fly - as I'm expecting will be the case when I drive home. No way to test it truly until I get in car. What I tested here was the cold reboot thing. And all widgets started immediately with Wifi off. That was NOT happening before for me. So SOMETHING's fixed.

Incidentally, gang. My iPhone 4 test did NOT have any problems refreshing when I got to destination. As soon as it found Wifi - the city changed to my work town's name!. And GET THIS.. I forgot that I'd put ALL my iPhone5 tweaks on my iPhone 4 too. So that also proved it was NOT a tweak thing at all. Krima and King you were RIGHT!. Grant was WRONG!!!

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to NewdestinyX For This Useful Post:

King_O_Hill (04-04-2013), Krima (04-04-2013)

Quote Originally Posted by NewdestinyX View Post
    YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It worked for ME too!!!! City changing on fly now - and after reboot - all widgets turn on immediately. WHAT A FRICKIN' RELIEF!!! I thought I'd hit that All Reset button at least once after my last jailbreak. Guess not.

Okay - I set up one of my simpler sets. Now to see if I can 'have my cake and eat it too' and not have to set up everyone of my complex setups from scratch. I have this amazing tool from Wynd, that hasn't been updated since iOS3, called BackBoard - that saves EVERY SINGLE setting from all your setups. Though it hasn't had an update in quite a while it still works amazingly well. Naturally my concern is that if I use it - whatever WHACKO setting that was causing all this mess for some of us -will come back to haunt. Well here goes. My favorite Auros icon set up with my curved iconoclasm and all the iWidgets.. Load -- auros+MJ... Respring..... YES! Okay - the whole setup came back.. NOW - when I travel home tonight - I'll watch and see if the city updates on the fly.

Thanks to ALL who suffered through this with us today. Good to know - it wasn't the widgets, wasn't myLocation and wasn't our tweaks.

What made you think, King, to try the RESET ALL SETTINGS thing?
    Same reason I thought it might be your network settings originally
    They are usually the same things that don't update properly on restores.
    Old/and/or corrupt files left over can cause all kinds of trouble

7. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to The_Durben For This Useful Post:

Cloud2Ground (04-05-2013), Dacal (04-04-2013), Hip5 (04-04-2013), King_O_Hill (04-04-2013), NewdestinyX (04-04-2013), RKO1195 (04-04-2013)

Did the reset all settings and it is now working as it should. However, I noticed the MyLocation app is not the most accurate. I work in mid-town Manhattan in NYC and for some reason, using MyLocation shows me in Long Island City which is not even close. Before updating to 6.x, I was using Rasputin's GPS for Web Server app and never had an issue. It would always show my correct location. I know this has probably been answered many times over but anyone know why this is?

Thanks.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to will822 For This Useful Post:

Hip5 (04-04-2013)

Quote Originally Posted by The_Durben View Post
    Same reason I thought it might be your network settings originally
    They are usually the same things that don't update properly on restores.
    Old/and/or corrupt files left over can cause all kinds of trouble
    I had a brand new i5 that never was jail broken and I had this issue. The reset network setting didn't work but the reset all worked. Must be a corruption that may happen when u jailbreak since mine never was jail broken before.

11. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Krima For This Useful Post:

Cloud2Ground (04-05-2013), Dacal (04-04-2013), Hip5 (04-04-2013), King_O_Hill (04-04-2013), NewdestinyX (04-04-2013)

Quote Originally Posted by Krima View Post
    I had a brand new i5 that never was jail broken and I had this issue. The reset network setting didn't work but the reset all worked. Must be a corruption that may happen when u jailbreak since mine never was jail broken before.
    Same here, brand new phone. It must be something with the jailbreak but I don't care. It works!!

13. The Following User Says Thank You to bfichtner For This Useful Post:

Hip5 (04-04-2013)

Quote Originally Posted by King_O_Hill View Post
    Check the first page, or the fix on page 20 by Drifter. One of them should work for you.
    I just downloaded the uniaw6.0 widget about 4 hours ago. It should already have the updated location.js file incorporated in it, at least i think that's what it said. Still doesn't work. I just though you guys might be able to look in to that other location.js file in the 3DaysForecastS and see what was different about it vs. the one you are working with. Seems the same problem lingers in that file as the one that was in the HTC weather widget. Just looking to aid you in your quest for answers. Maybe it'll help or maybe not...

15. The Following User Says Thank You to jyoungidy For This Useful Post:

Hip5 (04-04-2013)

Good, now on to much better things!

Quote Originally Posted by jyoungidy View Post
    I just downloaded the uniaw6.0 widget about 4 hours ago. It should already have the updated location.js file incorporated in it, at least i think that's what it said. Still doesn't work. I just though you guys might be able to look in to that other location.js file in the 3DaysForecastS and see what was different about it vs. the one you are working with. Seems the same problem lingers in that file as the one that was in the HTC weather widget. Just looking to aid you in your quest for answers. Maybe it'll help or maybe not...
    Can someone else take this, I'm burnt out ATM.

Check out WW2 for iOS 8 - Widget-Weather 2.0

17. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to King_O_Hill For This Useful Post:

Cloud2Ground (04-05-2013), jyoungidy (04-05-2013)

Good to have found a solution ! And happy to see that it's not a code error (it's tiring to update all the widgets each day...).

PS : one thing to all, don't be confuse between the update issue mentioned here and the "iOS6 update issue" (with a setTimeout/setInterval function to update the weather condition). It's two different things, good to have a now a solution for both.

My themes : Jade HD, Silex HD, BaSalt HD,ToPaz
    All are on Cydia and/or Theme It.

19. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Dacal For This Useful Post:

Cloud2Ground (04-05-2013), Ian Nicoll (04-04-2013), Krima (04-04-2013), RKO1195 (04-04-2013), The_Durben (04-04-2013)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,056 Times in 526 Posts

Just got done reading all the new posts. Hard to keep up after a days work between this one and another real popular theme that broke this weekend. I'm kinda tire so thanks to all that have helped. Now I'm going to try and blow that d*mn clock off the screen.
    Thanks;HIP5

21. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Hip5 For This Useful Post:

Cloud2Ground (04-05-2013), King_O_Hill (04-04-2013)

Quote Originally Posted by jyoungidy View Post
    Hi, there is no problem with the location.js file in uniAW. Read the latest posts . All is fine now, if you have an issue, maybe you must try a reset, like mentionned above.

My themes : Jade HD, Silex HD, BaSalt HD,ToPaz
    All are on Cydia and/or Theme It.

23. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Dacal For This Useful Post:

Cloud2Ground (04-05-2013), Hip5 (04-04-2013), jyoungidy (04-05-2013), King_O_Hill (04-04-2013)

Yeah. me too. I had a clean iP5 that I DFU restored and did an ERASE ALL CONTENTS and SETTINGS from the jump. So I started from dead clean - no Backup from REstore (well I tried that - but then many of you told me not to and I "recanted" of my position). So this problem had to be introduced some other way. But we can quibble about that until the cows come home. It's a moot point. We're fixed and all our phones work with GPS the way they should. Until Yahoo - screws us again. ..

Oh, and there's still the problem of Yahoo now being accurate for small towns. Only large cities get accurate reporting through the XML. Small towns see Partly Cloudy and Mostly Cloudy - year around. It can be rain, then light rain them cloudy then mostly cloudy all in the span of 1 hour - and when I'm hard set to Philadelphia - it all updates at every update interval set in my widgets (15 minutes). When I set it to MY small suburb of Philly - for that same hour it sits on Mostly Cloudy all day and all night. So Yahoo just doesn't send accurate info about small towns. They just don't care.

Still wish there had been no solution for Yahoo that would have forced us on to another service. .. But alas.. I just turn off my Sig.Change and leave the myLocation.txt with Philadelphia PA USA coordinates and I see all sorts of change in my weather widgets daily. Very accurate for large cities.

If you disable tweaks thru sbsettings before reset all settings then re-enable after will you still need to change all your settings ?

Quote Originally Posted by adjam1972 View Post
    If you disable tweaks thru sbsettings before reset all settings then re-enable after will you still need to change all your settings ?
    Haven't tried it but it should be the same because it resets the preference files not the dylib. I could be wrong but that would be my guess.

27. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Krima For This Useful Post:

Cloud2Ground (04-05-2013), Hip5 (04-04-2013)

Quote Originally Posted by adjam1972 View Post
    I would not recommend that.

Check out WW2 for iOS 8 - Widget-Weather 2.0

29. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to King_O_Hill For This Useful Post:

Cloud2Ground (04-05-2013), Hip5 (04-04-2013)

Quote Originally Posted by King_O_Hill View Post
    I would not recommend that.
    Oh well think I'll wait till the weekend to do the rest then spend the next couple of hours getting everything back the way it should be. Does it reset mail accounts too?

Thanks
    Thanked 21,589 Times in 4,329 Posts

Hey all,

Great to see that the reset fixes the issue, very happy for you all.

Just hope Micha (xxupsxx) posts on the thread so we can say thanks.

"If it's not broken, I'll fix it till it is"

32. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Ian Nicoll For This Useful Post:

Cloud2Ground (04-05-2013), Dacal (04-04-2013), Hip5 (04-04-2013), Kazuyoshi (04-05-2013), mrsmickey (04-21-2013), NewdestinyX (04-04-2013), The_Durben (04-04-2013)

LOOK AT THIS! THIS CITY IS ON MY DRIVE HOME. AND IT CHANGED. AND IT'S CHANGED TWO MORE TIMES ON THE WAY HOME WITHIN A FEW SECONDS OF ME ENTERING THE NEW CITY!!!!! I'M SO EXCITED! THANK YOU ALL FOR YOUR HELP AND PATIENCE!

Here to help if I can. If I can't I know someone who can!

34. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to NewdestinyX For This Useful Post:

Ian Nicoll (04-04-2013), It's Mi (04-18-2013)

just little bit play around it........

36. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to chg128 For This Useful Post:

It's Mi (04-18-2013), Kazuyoshi (04-05-2013), King_O_Hill (04-04-2013), kristatos (04-06-2013), RKO1195 (04-05-2013)

Page 33 of 875 FirstFirst ... 233132333435 43 83 133 533 ... LastLast