+ Reply
Page 312 of 884 FirstFirst ... 212 262 302310311312313314 322 362 412 812 ... LastLast
Results 6,221 to 6,240 of 17670

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.


Thread: UniAW6.0 for iph4 & iph5

is a discussion within the

iPhone 4|4S New Skins / Themes Launches

forums, a part of the

New Skins / Themes Launches

section;
Originally Posted by MamaJaay It's not an easy convert. It's almost a complete rewrite. Just look at uniaw 6.2 vs 6.3 (accuweather) Yeah. I was afraid of that. And I
...
  1. #6221
    ----NewD 2.0---- NewdestinyX's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    10,053
    Thanks
    4,364
    Thanked 9,145 Times in 4,592 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by MamaJaay View Post
    It's not an easy convert. It's almost a complete rewrite. Just look at uniaw 6.2 vs 6.3 (accuweather)
    Yeah. I was afraid of that. And I have that Mac Software called 'Diverge'.. which lets me compare files. I think Dacal posted the main code changes about 4 pages ago.. It looked like the WHOLE location.js file was different (that's an easy swap out) and the 'main' bottom portion of the UniAW.js (or main.js) - that he also posted. But when I just replaced those portions on the UniAW6.21_LS it broke the widget. My guess is that there are differences in the Config.js too that Dacal didn't post. I'm okay if it's a 'complete rewrite' - i just need to know what 'stays and goes' in the 'older code'. If the Accuweather calls are deeply intertwined into all aspects of the widget running then we leave it only to the pros. But Dacal's post with the Accuweather location.js and portion of UniAW8.js redone looked pretty user friendly to me.
    Here to help if I can. If I can't I know someone who can!

  2. #6222
    Addicted to Code Dacal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    1,927
    Thanks
    3,012
    Thanked 8,720 Times in 1,535 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by NewdestinyX View Post
    I have this request in to Dacal as well. I want to convert all my favorite widgets to Accuweather. But I fear it may be pretty complex - like when many of us were wanting to convert Native Weather or Woeid-only widgets to GPS. It just wasn't "that easy". I'm getting better with code now so I'm hoping the learning curve isn't too steep!

    Ah! So that's how they do it! I wasn't too far off. So mostly sunny = fair; partly sunny = partly cloudy.. Makes sense..

    Thanks Dacal!
    Like MJ said, not so easy. Not very hard now the code is done, but need to adjust some minor things. And there is so much widgets now, with different codes, there will be never an only way to adjust all.

    Not the time tonight, i will try to explain a step by step conversion in the next days.

    Quote Originally Posted by NewdestinyX View Post
    Yeah. I was afraid of that. And I have that Mac Software called 'Diverge'.. which lets me compare files. I think Dacal posted the main code changes about 4 pages ago.. It looked like the WHOLE location.js file was different (that's an easy swap out) and the 'main' bottom portion of the UniAW.js (or main.js) - that he also posted. But when I just replaced those portions on the UniAW6.21_LS it broke the widget. My guess is that there are differences in the Config.js too that Dacal didn't post. I'm okay if it's a 'complete rewrite' - i just need to know what 'stays and goes' in the 'older code'. If the Accuweather calls are deeply intertwined into all aspects of the widget running then we leave it only to the pros. But Dacal's post with the Accuweather location.js and portion of UniAW8.js redone looked pretty user friendly to me.
    It doesn't work because i have add a lot more things than accuweather in 6.3, like all the cookie stuff. To have an universal thing, need to remove all of that and just keep the necessary. But your right, the main important thing is the location.js and the fetchweather function.
    Last edited by Dacal; 05-29-2013 at 04:17 PM.


    My themes : Jade HD, Silex HD, BaSalt HD,ToPaz
    All are on Cydia and/or Theme It.

  3. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Dacal For This Useful Post:

    Hip5 (05-29-2013), King_O_Hill (05-29-2013), KraXik (05-29-2013), lostinthemes (05-30-2013), mfisherbsu (05-30-2013), RandyTG (05-29-2013), The_Durben (05-29-2013)

  4. #6223
    King Kong ain't got nothing on me! King_O_Hill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    9,483
    Thanks
    41,974
    Thanked 17,875 Times in 6,509 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by NewdestinyX View Post
    This is not the case with my early tests with Accuweather. So glad to be done with Yahoo forever.
    You better get your stuff converted now bro. There is a new method that uses neither and it is getting closer everyday. I really don't foresee maintaining 3 sources of data and 3 methods to obtain that data in parallel. It's just too much to keep track of and too much to troubleshoot for everyone.
    Widget-Weather App Now Available! Also with MyLocation Support!
    Check out the thread here - Widget-Weather
    To install the Widget-Weather app, just go to Cydia and install. This will also remove MyLocation, as it is built in!
    Want to protect your JailBreak! Add this repo http://cydia.myrepospace.com/iLEXiNFO/ & Install "iLEX R.A.T."
    It will allow you to bring your phone back to a fresh jailbroken state!

  5. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to King_O_Hill For This Useful Post:

    A11AST3R (05-30-2013), Hip5 (05-29-2013), lostinthemes (05-30-2013), mfisherbsu (05-29-2013), RKO1195 (05-29-2013), serky (05-29-2013), The_Durben (05-29-2013)

  6. #6224
    iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Houston
    Posts
    156
    Thanks
    1,034
    Thanked 193 Times in 88 Posts

    Ian, Dacal, et al.

    Here is a side by side comparison of AccuWeather and Yahoo Weather for Houston, Texas. Memorial is a neighborhood in Houston. Shots made within 20 seconds of one another

    I'm just providing these so Ian and Dacal can see how they both report and differ for a large city in the US... information only. If and When King has his in Beta I can do a 3 sided comparison if you want.


    AccuWeather....................................... .......YahooWeather

    Temperatures at time of Native; AccuWeather 81 and YahooWeather 82
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails UniAW6.0 for iph4 & iph5-accuweather1.png   UniAW6.0 for iph4 & iph5-yahooweather1.png   UniAW6.0 for iph4 & iph5-nativeweather.png  
    Last edited by siemprelisto; 05-29-2013 at 05:43 PM.

  7. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to siemprelisto For This Useful Post:

    A11AST3R (05-30-2013), Ian Nicoll (05-29-2013), lostinthemes (05-30-2013), Marty McFly (05-29-2013), sethbossfan (05-29-2013)

  8. #6225
    Superbad Modder-ator Simon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Bermuda
    Posts
    46,577
    Thanks
    6,851
    Thanked 15,269 Times in 7,004 Posts

    Loving the new reload button. Make changes on the fly and simply reload instead of having to respring everytime.

  9. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Simon For This Useful Post:

    A11AST3R (05-30-2013), chevymusclecar (05-29-2013), Hip5 (05-29-2013), Ian Nicoll (05-29-2013), King_O_Hill (05-29-2013), TaJr12 (05-30-2013), The_Durben (05-29-2013)

  10. #6226
    ----NewD 2.0---- NewdestinyX's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    10,053
    Thanks
    4,364
    Thanked 9,145 Times in 4,592 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by Dacal View Post
    Like MJ said, not so easy. Not very hard now the code is done, but need to adjust some minor things. And there is so much widgets now, with different codes, there will be never an only way to adjust all.

    Not the time tonight, i will try to explain a step by step conversion in the next days.
    --------
    It doesn't work because i have add a lot more things than accuweather in 6.3, like all the cookie stuff. To have an universal thing, need to remove all of that and just keep the necessary. But your right, the main important thing is the location.js and the fetchweather function.
    Thanks, Dacal. No rush at all. You can even PM me if you don't want to field endless questions about the conversions. If you teach me then I can do some of the converting for you for people requesting conversions..
    Here to help if I can. If I can't I know someone who can!

  11. The Following User Says Thank You to NewdestinyX For This Useful Post:

    Dacal (05-30-2013)

  12. #6227
    Man of iWidgets The.Drifter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    999
    Thanks
    5,110
    Thanked 6,993 Times in 932 Posts

    Question to the thread concerning iWidget version.

    I'm starting to run into a issue concerning the iWidgets widget.plist boundary.

    The widget.plist boundary helps to define the iWidgets display and touch areas on your springboard.

    Thanks to Durben, we can "display" things outside of the widget.plist boundaries.

    That became helpful because we could then code iwidgets to display out of the widget.plist boundaries and still be able to touch your springboard icons.

    The issue now is the touch area which is also defined within the widget.plists boundaries.

    If I set the widget.plist boundary to cover the screen height, you wouldn't be able to touch your icons within that defined boundary space. Even if there was no weather wall and you could see your icons.

    Currently for a iwidget touch forecast, I have to lower the widget.plists height value low enough for you to touch the actual forecast, but not too low as to make the last few rows of visible icons untouchable.

    Now that Dacal has implemented a "Magic Daisy/Balloon" pop up menu, I would need to lower the widget.plists height value even further down the screen to be able to "touch" all the menu options.

    If I do that, you will not be able to touch your icons in the last few rows when the pop up menu disappears.

    I cannot dynamically adjust the widget.plist values, so I have to either set it to where you can tap your icons below the Main UniAW main display, or set it low enough for you to be able to use all the menu pop up options rendering your icons untouchable.

    You can see the dilemma now.

    So my question to the thread is how would you like to use your iWidget version of UniAW, do you:

    1) use it on the first page without icons so you can enjoy all the timed backgrounds, weather walls, Slideshow and magic popup menu and not worry about touching icons.

    2) use it on any page using just the main display without weather walls and place icons below that are touchable.

    With the first option, that would be the easiest to code because I could just cover the whole screen area with a touchable area and place the magic button anywhere and allow for a whole page worth of popup menu options.

    With the second option, setting the widget.plist boundary to just the bottom of the 5 day forecast and allowing for touchable icons on the last few rows of icon, would render the pop up menu to only be touchable half way down the screen. So I would have to edit the number of pop up menu options to only fill the space on the screen where the forecast touch line ends if you want to touch icons when the menu disappears.

    I wish it was as easy as saying adjust the widget.plist height value to how your gonna use it, but with the advent of the pop up menu, changing the values too small to allow touching of icons would render half of the pop up menu options untouchable.

    Options I thought of.

    1). No popup menu, just a refresh button and all selectable configs would be handled through the iWidgets options menu on first launch.

    2) Reduce the number of popup menu options to only fill the area used by the main display with forecast showing. ( about 1/2 the screen)

    3) Make 2 iWidget versions, one for full screen SB use with all the features of the LS version including full screen pop up menu options, and another for basic use without weather walls, and pop up menus to allow for touching icons below the display area.

    So I guess I need some direction in how you all would like to use your iWidget version.

    Any thoughts, ideas or suggestions are greatly appreciated, I'm converting the iWidget versions for YOU, and your input matters in how I'm gonna proceed
    Last edited by The.Drifter; 05-29-2013 at 05:48 PM.

  13. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to The.Drifter For This Useful Post:

    Hip5 (05-29-2013), Kr0NiK (05-30-2013), mfisherbsu (05-29-2013), RandyTG (05-29-2013), RKO1195 (05-30-2013), sethbossfan (05-29-2013), Simon (05-29-2013), TaJr12 (05-30-2013), The_Durben (05-29-2013)

  14. #6228
    Livin the iPhone Life Darrenrooster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Nottingham, UK
    Posts
    1,542
    Thanks
    11,828
    Thanked 1,085 Times in 570 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by Ian Nicoll View Post
    In the Javascript/Main folder, replace (or just rename it) the touchmove.js file with the one attached to this post.
    Hi Ian,
    Thanks for this.
    I replaced this file which works but found when I unlocked and then locked again, the slide show remained but got the animations?
    I have downloaded your very latest version.

  15. #6229
    The Formulator Marty McFly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Barrie
    Posts
    1,347
    Thanks
    4,388
    Thanked 4,770 Times in 1,059 Posts

    Hi all,

    I like to have neighbourhood AND city displayed on my LS. Dacal once again comes through with some amazing instructions for Accuweather that I thought I would share. Works like a charm! Dacal, thank you once again.

    ---------------------------------------------------------

    At beginning of the location.js :

    var neighborhood;

    And below :

    $.getJSON(url, function(data) {
    found = data.query.count; // Check if coordinates return a valid location.
    if ( found == 1) {
    var woeid = data.query.results.Result.woeid;
    city = data.query.results.Result.city;
    neighborhood = data.query.results.Result.neighborhood;


    Now, need to add a #neighborhood section in CSS and in uniaw6.js, dealwithweather function, something like that :

    if ($.cookie('jsonCookie').neighborhood != null) { document.getElementById("neighborhood").innerHTML= $.cookie('jsonCookie').neighborhood ; }

    And at the end of the file, in fetchweatherdata :

    if (gps == false) {
    obj.city = $(data).find('location').attr('city');
    obj.coordinates = "[ZIP : "+zip+"]";
    } else {
    obj.city = city;
    obj.neighborhood = neighborhood ;
    obj.coordinates = "["+ $.cookie('locationCookie').textLat + " " + $.cookie('locationCookie').textLong + "]";
    }
    Last edited by Marty McFly; 05-30-2013 at 03:10 PM.

  16. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Marty McFly For This Useful Post:

    burrzoo (05-30-2013), chevymusclecar (05-29-2013), KingRedHot (05-11-2014), latino68 (05-29-2013), meth357 (03-25-2014), RKO1195 (05-30-2013), siemprelisto (05-29-2013), The_Durben (05-29-2013)

  17. #6230
    King Kong ain't got nothing on me! King_O_Hill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    9,483
    Thanks
    41,974
    Thanked 17,875 Times in 6,509 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by siemprelisto View Post
    Ian, Dacal, et al.

    Here is a side by side comparison of AccuWeather and Yahoo Weather for Houston, Texas. Memorial is a neighborhood in Houston. Shots made within 20 seconds of one another

    I'm just providing these so Ian and Dacal can see how they both report and differ for a large city in the US... information only. If and When King has his in Beta I can do a 3 sided comparison if you want.
    Just send us a pic of your stock weather app too. It will be the same data.
    Widget-Weather App Now Available! Also with MyLocation Support!
    Check out the thread here - Widget-Weather
    To install the Widget-Weather app, just go to Cydia and install. This will also remove MyLocation, as it is built in!
    Want to protect your JailBreak! Add this repo http://cydia.myrepospace.com/iLEXiNFO/ & Install "iLEX R.A.T."
    It will allow you to bring your phone back to a fresh jailbroken state!

  18. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to King_O_Hill For This Useful Post:

    serky (05-30-2013), siemprelisto (05-29-2013), The_Durben (05-29-2013)

  19. #6231
    ----NewD 2.0---- NewdestinyX's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    10,053
    Thanks
    4,364
    Thanked 9,145 Times in 4,592 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by King_O_Hill View Post
    You better get your stuff converted now bro. There is a new method that uses neither and it is getting closer everyday. I really don't foresee maintaining 3 sources of data and 3 methods to obtain that data in parallel. It's just too much to keep track of and too much to troubleshoot for everyone.
    I will be the first to stand up and applaud you and Derrick, Brian, when I see Native W auto-updating as well as MyLocation app did and when I see it reporting my small town's weather the same as Accuweather's accuracy. I suppose I can just look at Native weather on my phone now to compare that. If Native Weather pulls from Yahoo I will not be saluting and will be almost as big a pain in the azz as when I first came here trying to talk modders out of using the new Native method.. Consider yourself warned! ...
    Here to help if I can. If I can't I know someone who can!

  20. #6232
    Modder & Coder Ian Nicoll's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    From Scotland, live in the Philippines.
    Posts
    5,004
    Thanks
    7,745
    Thanked 19,663 Times in 3,963 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by The.Drifter View Post
    Question to the thread concerning iWidget version.

    I'm starting to run into a issue concerning the iWidgets widget.plist boundary.

    The widget.plist boundary helps to define the iWidgets display and touch areas on your springboard.

    Thanks to Durben, we can "display" things outside of the widget.plist boundaries.

    That became helpful because we could then code iwidgets to display out of the widget.plist boundaries and still be able to touch your springboard icons.

    The issue now is the touch area which is also defined within the widget.plists boundaries.

    If I set the widget.plist boundary to cover the screen height, you wouldn't be able to touch your icons within that defined boundary space. Even if there was no weather wall and you could see your icons.

    Currently for a iwidget touch forecast, I have to lower the widget.plists height value low enough for you to touch the actual forecast, but not too low as to make the last few rows of visible icons untouchable.

    Now that Dacal has implemented a "Magic Daisy/Balloon" pop up menu, I would need to lower the widget.plists height value even further down the screen to be able to "touch" all the menu options.

    If I do that, you will not be able to touch your icons in the last few rows when the pop up menu disappears.

    I cannot dynamically adjust the widget.plist values, so I have to either set it to where you can tap your icons below the Main UniAW main display, or set it low enough for you to be able to use all the menu pop up options rendering your icons untouchable.

    You can see the dilemma now.

    So my question to the thread is how would you like to use your iWidget version of UniAW, do you:

    1) use it on the first page without icons so you can enjoy all the timed backgrounds, weather walls, Slideshow and magic popup menu and not worry about touching icons.

    2) use it on any page using just the main display without weather walls and place icons below that are touchable.

    With the first option, that would be the easiest to code because I could just cover the whole screen area with a touchable area and place the magic button anywhere and allow for a whole page worth of popup menu options.

    With the second option, setting the widget.plist boundary to just the bottom of the 5 day forecast and allowing for touchable icons on the last few rows of icon, would render the pop up menu to only be touchable half way down the screen. So I would have to edit the number of pop up menu options to only fill the space on the screen where the forecast touch line ends if you want to touch icons when the menu disappears.

    I wish it was as easy as saying adjust the widget.plist height value to how your gonna use it, but with the advent of the pop up menu, changing the values too small to allow touching of icons would render half of the pop up menu options untouchable.

    Options I thought of.

    1). No popup menu, just a refresh button and all selectable configs would be handled through the iWidgets options menu on first launch.

    2) Reduce the number of popup menu options to only fill the area used by the main display with forecast showing. ( about 1/2 the screen)

    3) Make 2 iWidget versions, one for full screen SB use with all the features of the LS version including full screen pop up menu options, and another for basic use without weather walls, and pop up menus to allow for touching icons below the display area.

    So I guess I need some direction in how you all would like to use your iWidget version.

    Any thoughts, ideas or suggestions are greatly appreciated, I'm making this for YOU, and your input matters in how I'm gonna proceed with any iWidget versions
    I know your situation M8, but I think we have enough resources here to redo the touch menu, we could make it a lot smaller (in height) and just scroll through the options.

    I am already late for work so got to fly but I think iWidget needs scroll, plus this will come in handy later for adding new options.

    "If it's not broken, I'll fix it till it is"

  21. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to Ian Nicoll For This Useful Post:

    A11AST3R (05-30-2013), Hip5 (05-29-2013), Irish_Man (05-30-2013), lostinthemes (05-30-2013), mfisherbsu (05-29-2013), RandyTG (05-29-2013), RKO1195 (05-29-2013), siemprelisto (05-29-2013), TaJr12 (05-30-2013), The.Drifter (05-29-2013), The_Durben (05-29-2013)

  22. #6233
    ----NewD 2.0---- NewdestinyX's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    10,053
    Thanks
    4,364
    Thanked 9,145 Times in 4,592 Posts

    Weather reporting service wars aside - I just have to say how much I am loving 6.3's design Ian & Dacal!!!!! The options daisy is - wow! The whole concept / no respring.. I'm blown away!! The Timed Walls or personal slideshow potential. Of course the amazing UniAW consolidated Ian/Dacal animations styles. Ooo! I too am getting muscle pain in my upper body that my chiropractor told me today is partly from me staring at my phone all day!!!!

    Here to help if I can. If I can't I know someone who can!

  23. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to NewdestinyX For This Useful Post:

    A11AST3R (05-30-2013), Dacal (05-30-2013), Ian Nicoll (05-29-2013)

  24. #6234
    iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Houston
    Posts
    156
    Thanks
    1,034
    Thanked 193 Times in 88 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by King_O_Hill View Post
    Just send us a pic of your stock weather app too. It will be the same data.
    Done... added Stock/Native weather app to above post.

  25. #6235
    The BatGirl MamaJaay's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    @TheMamaJaay
    Posts
    5,198
    Thanks
    4,279
    Thanked 16,790 Times in 4,022 Posts

    FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUKKKKCCCC

    I am now the newest victim




  26. #6236
    Modder & Coder Ian Nicoll's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    From Scotland, live in the Philippines.
    Posts
    5,004
    Thanks
    7,745
    Thanked 19,663 Times in 3,963 Posts

    Sorry, I messed up the 6.21 iWidget in post 1, fixed now.

    "If it's not broken, I'll fix it till it is"

  27. The Following User Says Thank You to Ian Nicoll For This Useful Post:

    The.Drifter (05-29-2013)

  28. #6237
    ----NewD 2.0---- NewdestinyX's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    10,053
    Thanks
    4,364
    Thanked 9,145 Times in 4,592 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by MamaJaay View Post
    FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUKKKKCCCC

    I am now the newest victim
    From what pray tell???? What could possibly kill this jailbreak, girl??! So sorry! ILex RAT had a rescue from disaster mode in it - didn't you have that installed? Damn.. so sorry, MJ..
    Here to help if I can. If I can't I know someone who can!

  29. #6238
    My iPhone is a Part of Me VOLTAGExDT's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    856
    Thanks
    483
    Thanked 1,847 Times in 495 Posts

    hey what is ilex rat? gonna google...

    Quote Originally Posted by The.Drifter View Post
    Question to the thread concerning iWidget version.

    I'm starting to run into a issue concerning the iWidgets widget.plist boundary.

    The widget.plist boundary helps to define the iWidgets display and touch areas on your springboard.

    Thanks to Durben, we can "display" things outside of the widget.plist boundaries.

    That became helpful because we could then code iwidgets to display out of the widget.plist boundaries and still be able to touch your springboard icons.

    The issue now is the touch area which is also defined within the widget.plists boundaries.

    If I set the widget.plist boundary to cover the screen height, you wouldn't be able to touch your icons within that defined boundary space. Even if there was no weather wall and you could see your icons.

    Currently for a iwidget touch forecast, I have to lower the widget.plists height value low enough for you to touch the actual forecast, but not too low as to make the last few rows of visible icons untouchable.

    Now that Dacal has implemented a "Magic Daisy/Balloon" pop up menu, I would need to lower the widget.plists height value even further down the screen to be able to "touch" all the menu options.

    If I do that, you will not be able to touch your icons in the last few rows when the pop up menu disappears.

    I cannot dynamically adjust the widget.plist values, so I have to either set it to where you can tap your icons below the Main UniAW main display, or set it low enough for you to be able to use all the menu pop up options rendering your icons untouchable.

    You can see the dilemma now.

    So my question to the thread is how would you like to use your iWidget version of UniAW, do you:

    1) use it on the first page without icons so you can enjoy all the timed backgrounds, weather walls, Slideshow and magic popup menu and not worry about touching icons.

    2) use it on any page using just the main display without weather walls and place icons below that are touchable.

    With the first option, that would be the easiest to code because I could just cover the whole screen area with a touchable area and place the magic button anywhere and allow for a whole page worth of popup menu options.

    With the second option, setting the widget.plist boundary to just the bottom of the 5 day forecast and allowing for touchable icons on the last few rows of icon, would render the pop up menu to only be touchable half way down the screen. So I would have to edit the number of pop up menu options to only fill the space on the screen where the forecast touch line ends if you want to touch icons when the menu disappears.

    I wish it was as easy as saying adjust the widget.plist height value to how your gonna use it, but with the advent of the pop up menu, changing the values too small to allow touching of icons would render half of the pop up menu options untouchable.

    Options I thought of.

    1). No popup menu, just a refresh button and all selectable configs would be handled through the iWidgets options menu on first launch.

    2) Reduce the number of popup menu options to only fill the area used by the main display with forecast showing. ( about 1/2 the screen)

    3) Make 2 iWidget versions, one for full screen SB use with all the features of the LS version including full screen pop up menu options, and another for basic use without weather walls, and pop up menus to allow for touching icons below the display area.

    So I guess I need some direction in how you all would like to use your iWidget version.

    Any thoughts, ideas or suggestions are greatly appreciated, I'm converting the iWidget versions for YOU, and your input matters in how I'm gonna proceed
    drifter...now finally I can help.. well idea wise.. the pop up is nice.. but can you not do such a thing as this..

    UniAW6.0 for iph4 & iph5-unisbs.png

    yes I know ugly... but with html tables, you could do an image menu of sorts.. hell call it UNISettings. like sbs..

    if I were coding this, the daisy or whatever would call a menu file.
    Last edited by VOLTAGExDT; 05-29-2013 at 07:04 PM.

  30. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to VOLTAGExDT For This Useful Post:

    A11AST3R (05-30-2013), The.Drifter (05-29-2013)

  31. #6239
    The BatGirl MamaJaay's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    @TheMamaJaay
    Posts
    5,198
    Thanks
    4,279
    Thanked 16,790 Times in 4,022 Posts

    Nothing new installed today..

    at approximately 7pm EST my phone decided that it would no longer pick up cell service. Only wifi. And what good is a phone if you can't make calls....

    Reboot, reset all, reset network, hard reset, ilex rat, nothing.

    Restore only option. Cell service back up and running.

    On the plus side, I'm sure my battery will last longer... Not from the lack of tweaks, but from checking the threads a lot less often...

  32. #6240
    My iPhone is a Part of Me bliken's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    756
    Thanks
    712
    Thanked 443 Times in 294 Posts

    That Stinks.....

    Quote Originally Posted by MamaJaay View Post
    Nothing new installed today..

    at approximately 7pm EST my phone decided that it would no longer pick up cell service. Only wifi. And what good is a phone if you can't make calls....

    Reboot, reset all, reset network, hard reset, ilex rat, nothing.

    Restore only option. Cell service back up and running.

    On the plus side, I'm sure my battery will last longer... Not from the lack of tweaks, but from checking the threads a lot less often...

Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts