+ Reply
Page 30 of 835 FirstFirst ... 202829303132 40 80 130 530 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: UniAW6.0 for iph4 & iph5

is a discussion within the

iPhone 4|4S New Skins / Themes Launches

forums, a part of the

New Skins / Themes Launches

section;
Originally Posted by King_O_Hill Here's Dacals test. He is taking the next logical step after my test. Sorry Dacal, I was trying to step back and creep to a solution.
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,177 Times in 2,276 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by King_O_Hill View Post
    Here's Dacals test. He is taking the next logical step after my test. Sorry Dacal, I was trying to step back and creep to a solution.
    Tried this as well with no luck. This is a fun problem to have. I like troubleshooting. It's my profession.

Yes...yes I'm editing my post again. I told u I do it all the time. Just wanted to tell u I bought the Flex app and I absolutely love it. I get to remove all the ads from my apps. I f'n hate ads and this app helps me remove all of them. To anyone wanting to have a real app that removes ads get it.
    Last edited by Krima; 04-04-2013 at 09:43 AM.

Thanks
    Thanked 15,552 Times in 4,071 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by NewdestinyX View Post
    I don't want to run the show. But you're getting frustrated in your tone, as usual, bro. As if to imply we're all batty. I did your testical. Worked fine. Travelled to next town this am for breakfast.., city did not update without respring. I already acknowledged pages ago that this wasn't a myLocation thing. So your testical doesn't reveal the problem.. On to the next testical, bro.
    😂😂😂😂 I'm sorry I know it's immature but I couldn't help myself 😂😂😂😂
    Click My Sig For my auros Mods

3. The Following User Says Thank You to GUNNY29 For This Useful Post:

King_O_Hill (04-04-2013)

King Kong ain't got nothing on me! King_O_Hill's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 16,295 Times in 5,961 Posts

I don't want to run the show. But you're getting frustrated in your tone, as usual, bro. As if to imply we're all batty. I did your test. Worked fine. Travelled to next town this am for breakfast.., city did not update without respring. I already acknowledged pages ago that this wasn't a myLocation thing. So your test doesn't reveal the problem.. On to the next test, bro.
    Well my test works on your phone, but not krima's.

Now that's interesting and definitely useful data. Don't knock it until we get results. My tone is fine, only you take offense to it. So either play along, or zip it!

But if I can't get anyone to test it the way we lay it out, with a control, it makes it very difficult to fix.

Quote Originally Posted by GUNNY29 View Post
    😂😂😂😂 I'm sorry I know it's immature but I couldn't help myself 😂😂😂😂
    Now that's funny too!
    Last edited by King_O_Hill; 04-04-2013 at 09:45 AM.
    Widget-Weather App Now Available! Also with MyLocation Support!
    Check out the thread here - Widget-Weather
    To install the Widget-Weather app, just go to Cydia and install. This will also remove MyLocation, as it is built in!
    Want to protect your JailBreak! Add this repo http://cydia.myrepospace.com/iLEXiNFO/ & Install "iLEX R.A.T."
    It will allow you to bring your phone back to a fresh jailbroken state!

Thanks
    Thanked 8,428 Times in 4,281 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Krima View Post
    Also, I am 99% certain it isn't a issue with a conflicting tweak. For those keeping track that is 1% more certain than Grant. The reason being is that when I had this issue before all this GPS debacle, all I had to do was replace the location.js with one that worked on other lockscreens. This to me proves it isn't a tweak issue, sorry Grant.
    Ok, Krima. I have to accept that. You and Brian know way more than me about this process. I just don't want to lose sight of Achem's Razor in all this. There's a simple thing out there. This isn't an issue with myLocation - there's only two other places it could be to account for it working for some and not others.
    1) something in an individual's location.js file
    2)tweak conflict

Well my test works on your phone, but not krima's.

Now that's interesting and definitely useful data. Don't knock it until we get results. My tone is fine, only you take offense to it. So either play along, or zip it!

But if I can't get anyone to test it the way we lay it out, with a control, it makes it very difficult to fix.
    Controls are good, bro. I'm all in]! But I won't zip it. Change your tone man.. (Not talking about the joke tone to Krima - obvious for those of us that know you ) but when you talk to me you need to use more emoticons.. I'm not your employee or your child, bro.. Lol!! You occasionally take an "imperious" (look it up...) vibe with some of us - and ALL the time with me....
    Last edited by NewdestinyX; 04-04-2013 at 10:08 AM.
    Here to help if I can. If I can't I know someone who can!

6. The Following User Says Thank You to NewdestinyX For This Useful Post:

Krima (04-04-2013)

Thanks

Ok, Krima. I have to accept that. You and Brian know way more than me about this process.
    Your all good man. I don't know more than King or really anyone on this subject. I only know my experience and process of elimination. I understand that it can be frustrating to be dismissed outright but if u r having this issue, like me, then there is no better company to have. . For once we r in the same boat and a fix isn't mandatory. A respring takes 5 seconds but I would like to solve this because I like troubleshooting. I do it almost everyday at work.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

FWIW, I tried Dacal's test and it didn't work for me. I had to respring each time to get it to change.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Is there a way to turn off the rainy blurred rain effect or is that just a picture? I am not sure what that setting would be if there is one.

Never mind, found answer. Thought about it being a pic after I wrote. Everything else is automated on this great theme, assumed it could be as well.

Thanks.
    Last edited by serky; 04-04-2013 at 10:16 AM.

Thanks

Your all good man. I don't know more than King or really anyone on this subject. I only know my experience and process of elimination. I understand that it can be frustrating to be dismissed outright but if u r having this issue, like me, then there is no better company to have. . For once we r in the same boat and a fix isn't mandatory. A respring takes 5 seconds but I would like to solve this because I like troubleshooting. I do it almost everyday at work.
    Yeah, King and Ian and Dacal can make this work for us!!! It's only a matter of time. I'm curious now why King's test didn't work for you but it did for me. Maybe I did the test incorrectly. I'm going to try again..

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

12. The Following User Says Thank You to wasserinc For This Useful Post:

It's Mi (04-18-2013)

Thanks

Let's have the other guys having trouble do King's test. And report back.
    I've done that multiple times with no results. I am now turning off mobile substrate add ons to see if something else is running in the background that might be interfering with the update function.

King, if you look back a couple of pages I did some tests while I was driving.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to bfichtner For This Useful Post:

Hip5 (04-04-2013)

Thanks
    Thanked 8,475 Times in 1,496 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by douglaslwarren View Post
    FWIW, I tried Dacal's test and it didn't work for me. I had to respring each time to get it to change.
    OK. Thx, i don't understand why... And i like understand.
    UniAW6 ?

My themes : Jade HD, Silex HD, BaSalt HD,ToPaz
    All are on Cydia and/or Theme It.

16. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Dacal For This Useful Post:

Cloud2Ground (04-04-2013), Hip5 (04-04-2013), Krima (04-04-2013)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Dacal View Post
    OK. Thx, i don't understand why... And i like understand.
    UniAW6 ?
    Yes I am on UniAW6. Have tried all methods with no luck. I too like to understand so this has been fun for me.

18. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Krima For This Useful Post:

Cloud2Ground (04-04-2013), Hip5 (04-04-2013)

Thanks

Dacal, it still seems like some kind of timeout issue. When you did your test, were you on wifi?
    To install the Widget-Weather app, just go to Cydia and install. This will also remove MyLocation, as it is built in!
    Want to protect your JailBreak! Add this repo http://cydia.myrepospace.com/iLEXiNFO/ & Install "iLEX R.A.T."

20. The Following User Says Thank You to King_O_Hill For This Useful Post:

Cloud2Ground (04-04-2013)

Thanks

Yes I am on UniAW6. Have tried all methods with no luck. I too like to understand so this has been fun for me.
    Me too...I'm learning a lot from this. So far I've turned off almost all of my Substrate addons with no change.

I have noticed through this process that when I reboot the widget doesn't connect. I have to respring for it to work. Maybe there is something else going on there but for now I'm sticking with my test.

Thanks

Dacal, it still seems like some kind of timeout issue. When you did your test, were you on wifi?
    Honest question. If it were a timeout code issue in the widget itself - wouldn't it be affecting all of us? Or are there other timeout functions not addressed directly with code in the widget?

23. The Following User Says Thank You to NewdestinyX For This Useful Post:

Hip5 (04-04-2013)

Thanks

Last time I did a reboot, I had that issue to where I had to respring too.

FYI, I get same results with wifi on or off.

I also do not run SBSettings. I need to see if there is a way I can toggle location services with ncSettings to test Dacals method.

25. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to King_O_Hill For This Useful Post:

Thanks

For those of us with the issue: What version of iOS 6 are you running? I'm on 6.1.2 and what Substrate add-ons are you running?
    Last edited by bfichtner; 04-04-2013 at 10:50 AM.

27. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to bfichtner For This Useful Post:

Hip5 (04-04-2013), Marty McFly (04-04-2013)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by bfichtner View Post
    Me too...I'm learning a lot from this. So far I've turned off almost all of my Substrate addons with no change.

I have noticed through this process that when I reboot the widget doesn't connect. I have to respring for it to work. Maybe there is something else going on there but for now I'm sticking with my test.
    The reboot isn't a bug it just takes longer for your phone to establish a cellular connection. I'm sure any moment now MJ will be here and give a more long winded explanation but that's it in a nutshell.

@King. I was on WiFi With my test. I can see that the app is changing the text file just fine. Also, fooled around with changing permission of said text as well has change ownership but no luck.
    Last edited by Krima; 04-04-2013 at 10:53 AM.

29. The Following User Says Thank You to Krima For This Useful Post:

Cloud2Ground (04-04-2013)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by bfichtner View Post

That's EXACTLY one of the core issues we've been working with for weeks. Those who have to respring from city to city live - also seem to have to respring after a cold reboot. (reboot from phone all the way off). In my experience it only needs the respring, though, with WIFI turned off. Try that again, BFichtner, with WIFI on. Turn phone all the way off - and then back on normal way. Do the widgets load near immediately then? I know they do with Krima and me both who have your "live city to city no update" issue.

31. The Following User Says Thank You to NewdestinyX For This Useful Post:

Hip5 (04-04-2013)

Thanks

Honest question. If it were a timeout code issue in the widget itself - wouldn't it be affecting all of us? Or are there other timeout functions not addressed directly with code in the widget?
    I would think it would affect all of us the same way, but right now, I'm just not sure. I think another session searching apple documentation is needed, were missing something!

33. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to King_O_Hill For This Useful Post: