+ Reply
Page 277 of 835 FirstFirst ... 177 227 267275276277278279 287 327 377 777 ... LastLast
Results 5,521 to 5,540 of 16691

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.


Thread: UniAW6.0 for iph4 & iph5

is a discussion within the

iPhone 4|4S New Skins / Themes Launches

forums, a part of the

New Skins / Themes Launches

section;
Originally Posted by rasputin007 Here my 2 cents worth of comment Xcode: had a try at it using a OpenSource project I got from the developer, but had to kick
...
  1. #5521
    The Mechanic The_Durben's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Vancouver Canada
    Posts
    8,424
    Thanks
    34,944
    Thanked 40,559 Times in 7,513 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by rasputin007 View Post
    Here my 2 cents worth of comment
    Xcode: had a try at it using a OpenSource project I got from the developer, but had to kick it all into the bin as I was just after some dylibs. Xcode does NOT use dylibs any more it is all build into one package, one package only and no more separate files. Grrrrrrr!

    It seems paradox to me that people are willing to pay money for an app/tweak in order to avoid getting a free API key. To be honest I rather enter an API key once and get straight weather data, rather than spending money and having to tapping here and there to get an update. The ratio of means to achieve is wrong. It is like you want to kill that annoying fly, you can use a fly squat, throw napalm at it or use the thermonuclear terminator. They all work and the end result is the same, the fly is dead! Two of the methods have a wrong means of achievement, guess which one they are.
    I agree a paid tweak is not ideal.
    However getting that info directly from each of our phones is.
    I'm not against any means of getting widgets to just work this is just more throwing out ideas

  2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to The_Durben For This Useful Post:

    Dacal (05-24-2013), Ian Nicoll (05-24-2013), lostinthemes (05-27-2013), rasputin007 (05-24-2013)

  3. #5522
    iPhone? More like MyPhone ELLSBLACK6's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    170
    Thanks
    204
    Thanked 97 Times in 66 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by NewdestinyX View Post
    Thats a SERIOUSLY COOL concept, Simon. Nice idea! Can't wait to get it!
    Can you please tell me how you got your dock icons to have that mirror reflection... Can't figure it out?

  4. #5523
    My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    666
    Thanks
    325
    Thanked 2,140 Times in 490 Posts

    I just don't like the idea to be depended on a paid close source tweak, what if apple changes the way it calls weather and location services in the next iOS update. We have the same situation we had when iOS 5.0.1 changed to iOS 5.1 and suddenly MyLocation app was not working any more.
    I really think this is a bad path to walk on.

  5. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to rasputin007 For This Useful Post:

    Hip5 (05-27-2013), Ian Nicoll (05-24-2013), Kazuyoshi (05-24-2013), King_O_Hill (05-24-2013), lostinthemes (05-27-2013), menard_00 (05-24-2013), mfisherbsu (05-24-2013), NewdestinyX (05-24-2013), RKO1195 (05-24-2013), siemprelisto (05-24-2013), The_Durben (05-24-2013)

  6. #5524
    Superbad Modder-ator Simon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Bermuda
    Posts
    46,209
    Thanks
    6,585
    Thanked 14,772 Times in 6,869 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by signori View Post
    Does it matter the size of the gif file. Simon made on that is 28mb and the original is 1.58mb. Plus the less frames a minute means the gif file is faster.
    Ideally you would want it to be smaller without sacrificing quality. The 28mb one I posted was it's original state, the 4mb one after I sped it up and played with it a little, that one is the one you would want to use, especially if on a 4 or 4S. My problem is I only use an i5 so never know when something is too big since the i5 can handle so much more lol.

  7. The Following User Says Thank You to Simon For This Useful Post:

    King_O_Hill (05-24-2013)

  8. #5525
    My iPhone is a Part of Me VOLTAGExDT's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    834
    Thanks
    469
    Thanked 1,836 Times in 489 Posts

    if you don't have nothing nice to say simon don't say nothing at all.. damn ip5 and your ip5 comments HA

  9. The Following User Says Thank You to VOLTAGExDT For This Useful Post:

    Simon (05-24-2013)

  10. #5526
    Superbad Modder-ator Simon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Bermuda
    Posts
    46,209
    Thanks
    6,585
    Thanked 14,772 Times in 6,869 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by ELLSBLACK6 View Post
    Can you please tell me how you got your dock icons to have that mirror reflection... Can't figure it out?
    I'm not too sure where it is originally from. I got it from elite thread I believe. I don't think it is from a paid theme, if it is someone let me know and I'll take it down.

    Reflective dock: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/...ive%20Dock.zip

    Quote Originally Posted by VOLTAGExDT View Post
    if you don't have nothing nice to say simon don't say nothing at all.. damn ip5 and your ip5 comments HA
    Lol, sorry
    I do have a i4 my kid uses for games, it has no wifi or anything on it though so makes testing on it a little troublesome. Most of the i4 testing I do on my macbook so I never really know if it will slow down a 4 or not.

  11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Simon For This Useful Post:

    King_O_Hill (05-24-2013), The_Durben (05-24-2013)

  12. #5527
    My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    666
    Thanks
    325
    Thanked 2,140 Times in 490 Posts

    As an alternative I also could say if you want to install a tweak to get the native weather app started/updated, then you could install the iPhone web server, add a php script call in the body tag of the LockBackground.html. This php script starts a shell script which in turn calls the Weather App executable. Then every time you lock the home screen the Weather App gets called and updated. All free and OpenSource.

  13. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to rasputin007 For This Useful Post:

    Dacal (05-24-2013), Hip5 (05-27-2013), Ian Nicoll (05-24-2013), King_O_Hill (05-24-2013), lostinthemes (05-27-2013), mfisherbsu (05-24-2013), NewdestinyX (05-24-2013), RKO1195 (05-24-2013), The.Drifter (05-24-2013), The_Durben (05-24-2013), VOLTAGExDT (05-24-2013)

  14. #5528
    iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Houston
    Posts
    156
    Thanks
    1,030
    Thanked 193 Times in 88 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by ELLSBLACK6 View Post
    Can you please tell me how you got your dock icons to have that mirror reflection... Can't figure it out?
    Quote Originally Posted by dannyk1984 View Post
    With reflective docks theme
    @ ELLSBLACK6

    You must have missed the answer to your questions couple pages back.

    Try RefectiveDock from Cydia...

  15. The Following User Says Thank You to siemprelisto For This Useful Post:

    ELLSBLACK6 (05-25-2013)

  16. #5529
    Livin the iPhone Life Steph53940's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    1,531
    Thanks
    902
    Thanked 3,818 Times in 1,104 Posts

    goodnight

  17. #5530
    Livin the iPhone Life KraXik's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Winchester, UK
    Posts
    2,622
    Thanks
    2,668
    Thanked 1,752 Times in 890 Posts



    Works like an absolute charm. Thank you very much Simon!

    (On i5 so no problems with the gif)

  18. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to KraXik For This Useful Post:

    Simon (05-24-2013), VOLTAGExDT (05-24-2013)

  19. #5531
    The BatGirl MamaJaay's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    @TheMamaJaay
    Posts
    5,102
    Thanks
    4,012
    Thanked 16,409 Times in 3,941 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by rasputin007 View Post
    As an alternative I also could say if you want to install a tweak to get the native weather app started/updated, then you could install the iPhone web server, add a php script call in the body tag of the LockBackground.html. This php script starts a shell script which in turn calls the Weather App executable. Then every time you lock the home screen the Weather App gets called and updated. All free and OpenSource.
    Now THAT may be the best option I've heard yet. Can force the app update without actually opening the app??

  20. The Following User Says Thank You to MamaJaay For This Useful Post:

    King_O_Hill (05-24-2013)

  21. #5532
    Livin the iPhone Life KraXik's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Winchester, UK
    Posts
    2,622
    Thanks
    2,668
    Thanked 1,752 Times in 890 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by MamaJaay View Post
    Now THAT may be the best option I've heard yet. Can force the app update without actually opening the app??
    I think you need to open safari.

  22. #5533
    The Mechanic The_Durben's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Vancouver Canada
    Posts
    8,424
    Thanks
    34,944
    Thanked 40,559 Times in 7,513 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by rasputin007 View Post
    As an alternative I also could say if you want to install a tweak to get the native weather app started/updated, then you could install the iPhone web server, add a php script call in the body tag of the LockBackground.html. This php script starts a shell script which in turn calls the Weather App executable. Then every time you lock the home screen the Weather App gets called and updated. All free and OpenSource.
    What would I write in the html ras?

    Interested to see if it will then update the libweather as well which would then not require a respring to see the updated info from the weather app.

  23. The Following User Says Thank You to The_Durben For This Useful Post:

    King_O_Hill (05-24-2013)

  24. #5534
    What's Jailbreak?
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    23
    Thanks
    28
    Thanked 49 Times in 14 Posts

    donīt know if it is interesting. My Android Custom Rom use Weatherbug as alternativ to yahoo for weather and forecast in the pulldown

  25. The Following User Says Thank You to xxupsxx For This Useful Post:

    lostinthemes (05-27-2013)

  26. #5535
    The Big D NewdestinyX's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    9,372
    Thanks
    3,621
    Thanked 8,425 Times in 4,281 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by The_Durben View Post

    Technically if he does it how it used to be this wont be an issue for refresh as it would update the actual libweather plist which we can grab from.

    Only issue may be having to open weather app or NC to set a new location.
    This doesn't bother me as I don't keep MyLocation app running anyway. I open it to set a new location if/when needed so its virtually the same for me.
    Not to be a typical "gloomy Grant" here but this is a total deal killer for me. Unless we can overcome the automatic update of location using native weather this is a total deal stopper for me. I'm quite sure I'm not alone. We spent the better part of two months with Ian and Dacal up night after night trying to figure out why people's cities were not updating automatically as they were driving. Can you imagine the bedlam that will ensue if we move to a format for all of our weather widgets that, by design, cannot update city.?!?. C'mon guys.. Get real.. No way we're giving up "auto location find".. GPS, by definition...,
    Here to help if I can. If I can't I know someone who can!

  27. The Following User Says Thank You to NewdestinyX For This Useful Post:

    iamevl (05-25-2013)

  28. #5536
    My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    666
    Thanks
    325
    Thanked 2,140 Times in 490 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by MamaJaay View Post
    Now THAT may be the best option I've heard yet. Can force the app update without actually opening the app??
    As nice as this sounds, it is not quite that simple. The biggest problem is a Cydia package called "open", which does not work under iOS6, crashes and leaves you in Safe Mode. The dev, Carsten Kramer, has not updated the tweak.
    The rest, php and shell script are easy.
    But then on the other hand if you have the iPhone web server running, you can get any info from any weather site, no response file needed.
    It works like this
    You lock the home screen, this launches the LockBackground.html, in the body tag is a call for a php file on the iPhone web server, this php script runs the geolocation javascript and saves the latitude and longitude in txt files, then it starts a shell script. This shell script reads the latitude and longitude txt files and assigns them to variables. Those variables are used by lynx (command line browser) to fetch a web site and save it locally. This web site has for example the hourly forecast for your GPS position for the next 36 hours (weather condition with icon, temp, rain fall, wind direction and wind speed) in an html table. Once the web site html file is saved the shell script calls sed (a brilliant command line editor), which will strip the web site html file of all code apart the html table and add new elements, e.g link to custom css file, new html, head and body tags etc. So basically you end up with a nice looking html table in a new html file. The LockBackground.html file can call this new table html file and you have a custom designed 36 hour forecast table on the lock screen that gets updated each time you lock the home screen.
    This actually works, I used it last year, mentioned it in the GPS weather thread, a theme called "Hour by Hour".
    Last edited by rasputin007; 05-24-2013 at 04:29 PM.

  29. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to rasputin007 For This Useful Post:

    Dacal (05-24-2013), Dexy88 (05-25-2013), Hip5 (05-27-2013), Ian Nicoll (05-24-2013), King_O_Hill (05-24-2013), lostinthemes (05-27-2013), mfisherbsu (05-24-2013), The_Durben (05-24-2013)

  30. #5537
    The Big D NewdestinyX's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    9,372
    Thanks
    3,621
    Thanked 8,425 Times in 4,281 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by rasputin007 View Post
    I just don't like the idea to be depended on a paid close source tweak, what if apple changes the way it calls weather and location services in the next iOS update. We have the same situation we had when iOS 5.0.1 changed to iOS 5.1 and suddenly MyLocation app was not working any more.
    I really think this is a bad path to walk on.
    Darn right. The answer is a more dependable weather feed - outside the realm of iOS itself. The more I think about it - "ease" "now" of getting the info (via a refreshable libweather) is not taking the long view.

    But Ras, requiring everyone to get an API, free or not, isn't the long view either, bro.

    Quote Originally Posted by rasputin007 View Post
    As an alternative I also could say if you want to install a tweak to get the native weather app started/updated, then you could install the iPhone web server, add a php script call in the body tag of the LockBackground.html. This php script starts a shell script which in turn calls the Weather App executable. Then every time you lock the home screen the Weather App gets called and updated. All free and OpenSource.
    NOW you're talking. Intriguing. Can it be auto-refreshed?
    Here to help if I can. If I can't I know someone who can!

  31. #5538
    The Mechanic The_Durben's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Vancouver Canada
    Posts
    8,424
    Thanks
    34,944
    Thanked 40,559 Times in 7,513 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by NewdestinyX View Post
    Not to be a typical "gloomy Grant" here but this is a total deal killer for me. Unless we can overcome the automatic update of location using native weather this is a total deal stopper for me. I'm quite sure I'm not alone. We spent the better part of two months with Ian and Dacal up night after night trying to figure out why people's cities were not updating automatically as they were driving. Can you imagine the bedlam that will ensue if we move to a format for all of our weather widgets that, by design, cannot update city.?!?. C'mon guys.. Get real.. No way we're giving up "auto location find".. GPS, by definition...,
    Not what I meant Grant
    Just saying with a tie in to location service you'd have to let the weather app do this

    You rely far too much on the changing of cities automatically
    All apple needs do is change the way location services run on phone in an update and the MyLocation app is useless too. So far we have been lucky through multiple firmware updates they haven't.
    And I'm not saying this is how it should be now anyway.
    This was for if there's a tweak that can be made to do this (which can be done as forecast does) there is no need for any geo location scripts or MyLocation app as your phone does this already.

    Plus you make it seem as if opening an app or pulling down NC centre for a change in city takes hours when it's pretty simple. I understand that while driving through different cities you need an instant update of the conditions. Your car windows must be pretty tinted..... lol


    Sidenote I can tell you a large majority of users of GPS through MyLocation don't have the app running constantly. Look at the screenshots and see how many actually have the indicator in their statbar. This means for a new city they also open the app and turn on/off.
    Last edited by The_Durben; 05-24-2013 at 04:25 PM.

  32. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to The_Durben For This Useful Post:

    King_O_Hill (05-24-2013), lostinthemes (05-27-2013)

  33. #5539
    My iPhone is a Part of Me signori's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    506
    Thanks
    268
    Thanked 309 Times in 175 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by Simon View Post
    Ideally you would want it to be smaller without sacrificing quality. The 28mb one I posted was it's original state, the 4mb one after I sped it up and played with it a little, that one is the one you would want to use, especially if on a 4 or 4S. My problem is I only use an i5 so never know when something is too big since the i5 can handle so much more lol.
    Thanks Simon. I am using an iPhone 5 so I don't care how big it is. I want the best quality. But between the ones you made and Voltagexdt and the original rainpaine there is about 8 of them now lol. Which is awesome. My problem is trying to decide which one to use. Well thats not really a problem. So I have test which one looks the best. Can you share your opinion on which one you think is the best quality. Thanks very much.

  34. The Following User Says Thank You to signori For This Useful Post:

    Simon (05-24-2013)

  35. #5540
    The Big D NewdestinyX's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    9,372
    Thanks
    3,621
    Thanked 8,425 Times in 4,281 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by The_Durben View Post
    Not what I meant Grant
    Just saying with a tie in to location service you'd have to let the weather app do this

    You rely far too much on the changing of cities automatically
    All apple needs do is change the way location services run on phone in an update and the MyLocation app is useless too. So far we have been lucky through multiple firmware updates they haven't.
    And I'm not saying this is how it should be now anyway.
    This was for if there's a tweak that can be made to do this (which can be done as forecast does) there is no need for any geo location scripts or MyLocation app as your phone does this already.

    Plus you make it seem as if opening an app or pulling down NC centre for a change in city takes hours when it's pretty simple. I understand that while driving through different cities you need an instant update of the conditions. Your car windows must be pretty tinted..... lol
    You know the level of my respect for you, D, is off the charts. But I believe you'd be on the 'wrong side of history' to use your influence to move in a direction that 'required' people to enter NC or Unlock to get the city change. .. Sorry, bro. Gonna stand firm on it. CHOOSING to pull down NC is 'one thing'. HAVING to -- is quite another.. Wouldn't you agree on that point?

    Sidenote I can tell you a large majority of users of GPS through MyLocation don't have the app running constantly. Look at the screenshots and see how many actually have the indicator in their statbar. This means for a new city they also open the app and turn on/off.
    Yea.. Interesting. I did notice that in people's screenies too starting a while back.. Good eye! .. But still - we HAVE to find a city auto-refresh option. We just HAVE to. Please, D.. Please, King.. Please Marty.. Please Dacal and Ian.. PLEEEAAAASE...
    Last edited by NewdestinyX; 05-24-2013 at 04:39 PM.
    Here to help if I can. If I can't I know someone who can!

  36. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to NewdestinyX For This Useful Post:

    Best01 (05-24-2013), lostinthemes (05-27-2013), Marty McFly (05-24-2013), The_Durben (05-24-2013)

Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts