Page 266 of 884 FirstFirst ... 166 216 256264265266267268 276 316 366 766 ... LastLast
Results 5,301 to 5,320 of 17670

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: UniAW6.0 for iph4 & iph5

how are u guys all getting extended forecast again now?? I just need 1-2 additional day forecast max

Quote Originally Posted by Platini2000 View Post
    Rain effect works also in 6.2.

to do..

in LockBackground.html ..

<div id="rainContainer"></div>

in css/main/UniAW6_iph5/ rain.css and showers_cloud.css

#rainContainer {
    background-color: transparent;
    position: absolute;
    top: 120px;
    left: 0px;
    width: 320px;
    height: 450px;
    opacity: 0.2;
    z-index: 10;
    overflow: hidden;
    }

in css/weather/iph5/ rain.css and showers_cloud.css

#rain {
    position: absolute;
    left: 0px;
    top: 0px;
    width: 470px;
    height: 93px;
    -webkit-animation: rain_anim 120s linear normal; <- was bird1.anim but don't matter
    -webkit-animation-iteration-count: infinite;
    -webkit-animation-direction: normal, horizontal ;
    -webkit-animation-timing-function: linear, ease-in;
    }
    @-webkit-keyframes rain_anim { <- was bird1.anim but don't matter
    0% { -webkit-transform: translate(400px, 120px); }
    100% { -webkit-transform: translate(-600px, -80px); }
    }

in Javascript ..

main.js.

delelement("rainContainer");

Javascript/Weather/iPh5/rain..

var container7 = document.getElementById("rainContainer");
    container7.appendChild(createRain()); <-- container nr. maybe higher in 6.2

function createRain() {
    var image = document.createElement("img");
    image.id = "birds2"; <-- i just leave that.
    image.src = "Images/Weather/rain/rain.gif";
    return image;

}

That will do.

sir I did as instructed, and now nothing shows... I mean nada..

please advise.

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,140 Times in 490 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by The_Durben View Post
    Open weather app (I respringed after cause I didn't want to wait 20 mins for it to update but now shows proper forecast.
    Have you tried to move the
    Code:
    <script type="text/javascript" charset="utf-8" src="JavaScript/Main/location.js"></script>
    from the head tags to the body tags, because then it will read location.js every time you lock the home screen. If it is in the head tags it will load it only once, first time you selected the theme, respring or reboot.
    You also would not need a refresh then either as it updates every time you lock the home screen.
    Just a thought.
    I placed my javascripts in MYO-weather v.2 all in the body tag, that's why you get instant updates every time you lock the home screen, as it then reads the database and fetches the weather etc. I have no refresh function at all in there.

EDIT
    I meant NO refresh function, well, apart from the time of course.
    Last edited by rasputin007; 05-23-2013 at 02:55 PM. Reason: Spelling mistake

4. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to rasputin007 For This Useful Post:

Ian Nicoll (05-23-2013), Kazuyoshi (05-23-2013), King_O_Hill (05-23-2013), lostinthemes (05-24-2013), mfisherbsu (05-23-2013), NewdestinyX (05-23-2013), RKO1195 (05-23-2013), siemprelisto (05-23-2013), The.Drifter (05-23-2013), The_Durben (05-23-2013)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

TaJr12.... I PM'd you

Thanks

Thanks
    Thanked 15,274 Times in 7,007 Posts

Example of that new rain:

YouTube Video

Here is the download of it: Download

Just an example remember so this is in demo mode set to rain condition. Look in the widget.html, rain.css and rain.js for how I added it (iPhone 5 only). The image is in Images/rainpane/rainpane.gif.

7. The Following 18 Users Say Thank You to Simon For This Useful Post:

azaleea (05-26-2013), Best01 (05-23-2013), burrzoo (05-24-2013), Hip5 (05-23-2013), Ian Nicoll (05-23-2013), Kazuyoshi (05-23-2013), KraXik (05-23-2013), lostinthemes (05-24-2013), menard_00 (05-23-2013), mfisherbsu (05-23-2013), Platini2000 (05-23-2013), pnunez1310 (05-23-2013), RandyTG (05-23-2013), RKO1195 (05-23-2013), sethbossfan (05-23-2013), Steph53940 (05-23-2013), The.Drifter (05-23-2013), The_Durben (05-23-2013)

Quote Originally Posted by rasputin007 View Post
    Code:
    <script type="text/javascript" charset="utf-8" src="JavaScript/Main/location.js"></script>
    from the head tags to the body tags, because then it will read location.js every time you lock the home screen. If it is in the head tags it will load it only once, first time you selected the theme, respring or reboot.
    You also would not need a refresh then either as it updates every time you lock the home screen.
    Just a thought.
    I placed my javascripts in MYO-weather v.2 all in the body tag, that's why you get instant updates every time you lock the home screen, as it then reads the database and fetches the weather etc. I have now refresh function at all in there.
    Good point for refresh. I'll look at it. Either way though I still have to open weather app or NC to get the libweather plist info to update. That doesn't update on its own.
    Would need some sort if tweak to refresh weather app in the background and then the plist will update.
    Apple likely has done this to conserve usage on the phone. Why update info in the BG when you'll only see it when you open NC or weather app. Then they call the update to check.

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to The_Durben For This Useful Post:

King_O_Hill (05-23-2013), Simon (05-23-2013)

Thanks
    Thanked 7,065 Times in 4,206 Posts

Amazing Simon looks good

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to 2k1 For This Useful Post:

King_O_Hill (05-23-2013), Simon (05-23-2013)

Good go Simon.

In photoshop you can render it for full screen.
    I have it ready in 6.2

It works. .

13. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Platini2000 For This Useful Post:

King_O_Hill (05-23-2013), menard_00 (05-23-2013), Simon (05-23-2013)

Quote Originally Posted by Ian Nicoll View Post
    Hi Marty,

So, I'm taking my mind off things and thought I would break down your heat index code: Here we go.

-----------------------------

if (tempUnit=="c"){ (no explanation needed)

if (obj.temp >= 27 && obj.humidity >= 40) { (if temperature is 27 or above & humidity is 40% or more { do something)

obj.temp = (obj.temp) * 9/5 + 32; (convert temp from Celsius to Fahrenheit (yes I changed it a wee bit))

var hi = -42.379+2.04901523*(obj.temp)+10.14333127*(obj.humi dity)-0.22475541*(obj.temp)*(obj.humidity)-6.83783*(Math.pow(10, -3))*(Math.pow(obj.temp, 2))-5.481717*(Math.pow(10, -2))*(Math.pow((obj.humidity), 2))+1.22874*(Math.pow(10, -3))*(Math.pow((obj.temp), 2))*(obj.humidity)+8.5282*(Math.pow(10, -4))*(obj.temp)*(Math.pow((obj.humidity), 2))-1.99*(Math.pow(10, -6))*(Math.pow((obj.temp), 2))*(Math.pow((obj.humidity),2)); (convert the now "f" temp to heatindex value and call the conversion "hi")

var heatindex = Math.round((hi - 32) * 5/9) + " C"; (take the converted figure (hi) and convert it from Fahrenheit back to Celsius, name the final value "heatindex")
    obj.chill = heatindex; (make the "obj.chill" equal to the new calculated value (heatindex))
    }}

------------------------

Only one problem I see with this code my friend, can you see what's missing??

Look at the beginning, you converted the obj.temp to Fahrenheit, but at the end of the code, when you convert the equation back to Celsius, you set it to obj.chill, you missed out reverting the "obj.temp" back to Celsius, so it remains on Fahrenheit.

But, if you do convert temp bac to c at the end of this it will also show the heatindex value!

The "F" side works dandy I think, but I can only give you 9/10.

Sorry, I'm just looking for something to do.
    Dude!!! Amazing. Wow - totally missed that. Good eye....and that's why you are who you are!

I've replaced the code with the one you posted a little further down from this post. Just to understand.....my code was taking the current temperature, converting it to F for the heat index calculation which is all fine and good but I wasn't converting it back in the end right?

I've been testing this on the "c" setting. So if the above statement is correct, my question is why was I still seeing the current temperature in C, if my code was converting it to F and not converting it back?

Everything seems to be working great with your revised code so thank you sir! Although it suddenly became colder where I live and the therefore the 'windchill' value kicked in again. Current temp = 7c, feels like = 3c.....brrrrrrr.

I'll take 9/10 for sure. I think that's a pretty good score for a first attempt at something like this.

Now to look into the "humidex" calculation. Different from "heat index". Have to decide which one to use

15. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Marty McFly For This Useful Post:

bliken (05-23-2013), King_O_Hill (05-23-2013), mfisherbsu (05-23-2013), siemprelisto (05-23-2013), Simon (05-23-2013)

Thanks
    Thanked 15,274 Times in 7,007 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Platini2000 View Post
    Good go Simon.

In photoshop you can render it for full screen.
    I have it ready in 6.2

It works. .
    Ya, it does
    A little stretched but not a bad effect for window types of overlays.

Another example

YouTube Video

Download

Again, this is just an example. I only added it for the rain condition and iPhone 5. And on demo mode again. May do a whole setup with this added if I get the time tonight. Going to see new Star Trek movie first though

If only I could get a sideways rain on glass stream gif that would look pretty good with the plane window

17. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Simon For This Useful Post:

azaleea (05-26-2013), haylazz (05-23-2013), Ian Nicoll (05-23-2013), King_O_Hill (05-23-2013), KraXik (05-23-2013), lostinthemes (05-24-2013), Platini2000 (05-23-2013), RKO1195 (05-23-2013)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,754 Times in 891 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Simon View Post
    Example of that new rain:

YouTube Video

Here is the download of it: Download

Just an example remember so this is in demo mode set to rain condition. Look in the widget.html, rain.css and rain.js for how I added it (iPhone 5 only). The image is in Images/rainpane/rainpane.gif.
    This is so nice! Thank you so much for sharing!

19. The Following User Says Thank You to KraXik For This Useful Post:

Simon (05-23-2013)

Hi everyone,
    Here we have a four day forecast coming from the native weather app:

-photo.png

I also added the city and timestamp to the forecast. These variables are also coming from the native weather app not Yahoo. I thought adding these things might help troubleshoot the updating issue. If I could figure out how to interpret the timestamp properly, I could write a script to have it display in a more user friendly way

Other then the updating, I am having one issue. When you install LibWeather, it acts similar to the myLocation app in that in writes data to a file. In this case, it takes the data from the native iphone weather app and writes it to the file "com.ashman.LibWeather.cache.plist" which is stored in var/mobile/library/caches (after you install the LibWeather tweak of course ). The LS then calls the information from this file to be displayed.

Now, what I'm finding is that I am able to call the informtion from the file (com.ashman.LibWeather.cache.plist) to the LS without any problems. However the information LibWeather is passing to the file is not the EXACT same that I see on the screen in the native weather app. Some of the numbers are off by one Take a look:

-photo1.png

...I would say I coded something wrong but those are the correct values being stored in the file. They are being stored from the native weather app into the file incorrectly. Has this always been the case? Does anyone know?

Thanks.....more to come!

EDIT: Just thinking about it a little more.....maybe this IS the updating issue. LibWeather not updating the file properly or often enough??
    Last edited by Marty McFly; 05-23-2013 at 02:47 PM.

21. The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to Marty McFly For This Useful Post:

burrzoo (05-24-2013), Dexy88 (05-25-2013), Hip5 (05-23-2013), Ian Nicoll (05-23-2013), King_O_Hill (05-23-2013), lostinthemes (05-24-2013), mfisherbsu (05-23-2013), mwhartman (05-28-2013), nik1975 (05-23-2013), siemprelisto (05-23-2013), Simon (05-23-2013), theDEVIN (05-23-2013), The_Durben (05-23-2013)

Quote Originally Posted by rasputin007 View Post
    Code:
    Just a thought.
    I placed my javascripts in MYO-weather v.2 all in the body tag, that's why you get instant updates every time you lock the home screen, as it then reads the database and fetches the weather etc. I have now refresh function at all in there.
    Brilliant Ras. Though I don't think this refresh issue solves the problem with libweather updating (which is the issue with Native Weather as a solution) I wonder if I can use your idea here to help some of the older LS widgets with location.js - update more accurately and faster. I will try.

Thanks for the GREAT idea - and education about how a widget refreshes simply based on place of the call for a given Javascript file.
    Here to help if I can. If I can't I know someone who can!

Thanks
    Thanked 1,016 Times in 608 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Marty McFly View Post
    Hi everyone,

-photo.png

I also added the city and timestamp to the forecast. These variables are also coming from the native weather app not Yahoo. I thought adding these things might help troubleshoot the updating issue. If I could figure out how to interpret the timestamp properly, I could write a script to have it display in a more user friendly way

Other then the updating, I am having one issue. When you install LibWeather, it acts similar to the myLocation app in that in writes data to a file. In this case, it takes the data from the native iphone weather app and writes it to the file "com.ashman.LibWeather.cache.plist" which is stored in var/mobile/library/caches (after you install the LibWeather tweak of course ). The LS then calls the information from this file to be displayed.

Now, what I'm finding is that I am able to call the informtion from the file (com.ashman.LibWeather.cache.plist) to the LS without any problems. However the information LibWeather is passing to the file is not the EXACT same that I see on the screen in the native weather app. Some of the numbers are off by one Take a look:

-photo1.png

...I would say I coded something wrong but those are the correct values being stored in the file. They are being stored from the native weather app into the file incorrectly. Has this always been the case? Does anyone know?

Thanks.....more to come!

EDIT: Just thinking about it a little more.....maybe this IS the updating issue. LibWeather not updating the file properly or often enough??
    Yeah is f***ng good!!

24. The Following User Says Thank You to nik1975 For This Useful Post:

Marty McFly (05-23-2013)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

@TaJr12

I followed the instruction you Pm'd me about combining the two themes, but the new clock is about an inch too low on the screen.

Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance.

Quote Originally Posted by Marty McFly View Post
    Hi everyone,

-photo.png

-photo1.png

Thanks.....more to come!

I've explained the updating issue. Maybe not good enough.
    Weather app and NC don't update until you open them.
    If you don't open them libweather plist info is still reporting the last time the file updated as its still the "current" info on the phone. The libweather plist only takes the info as its provided.
    In order for it to update you need something that will update the weather app info.
    The plist itself is doing what it's supposed to which is update when it detects new information.

About the forecast temp, seems likes always off a degree or two in the forecast. But only for hi info.
    Still not sure why and I've worked on this a lot.

27. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to The_Durben For This Useful Post:

burrzoo (05-24-2013), Dexy88 (05-25-2013), Ian Nicoll (05-23-2013), King_O_Hill (05-23-2013), lostinthemes (05-24-2013), mfisherbsu (05-23-2013), RKO1195 (05-23-2013), siemprelisto (05-23-2013)

Thanks

So what is the fix for all the iwidgets? Do I just use the accuweather code? Or is it all more complicated. Sorry. I know I'm late with this but none of my weather widgets are working.

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,140 Times in 490 Posts

I know it does not solve the libweather update issue, but that was not my objective.
    I also just thought that it also might work if the script link to config.js goes into the body tag. Which would mean that changes to the config.js will be seen when locking out, rather then having to respring each time you change something in the config.js.
    It's all theory, have not tried it myself, but know that it worked for me last year when I was calling a php file on the iPhone web server, which updated the GPS coordinates in the myLocation.txt file. Each time I locked the home screen the GPS coordinates were updated because the script call was in the body tags.

30. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to rasputin007 For This Useful Post:

Ian Nicoll (05-23-2013), lostinthemes (05-24-2013), RKO1195 (05-23-2013), The.Drifter (05-23-2013), The_Durben (05-23-2013)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    If you don't open them libweather plist info is still reporting the last time the file updated as its still the "current" info on the phone. The libweather plist only takes the info as its provided.
    In order for it to update you need something that will update the weather app info.
    The plist itself is doing what it's supposed to which is update when it detects new information.

About the forecast temp, seems likes always off a degree or two in the forecast. But only for hi info.
    Than how does he use that script for his Forecast tweak? It also tracks the current location from the stock app, so does it simulate opening the weather app?

Thank you for the reply sir. Sorry I missed your other explanations. I'm finding that just opening the weather app is not enough for LibWeather to update the file. A respring or sometimes even a complete reboot is required!

OK, good to know - great actually. I thought maybe I did something wrong. I'm finding it happens for BOTH hi and lo.

Thanks again Durben!
    Last edited by Marty McFly; 05-23-2013 at 03:33 PM.

33. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Marty McFly For This Useful Post:

Ian Nicoll (05-23-2013), King_O_Hill (05-23-2013), lostinthemes (05-24-2013), mfisherbsu (05-23-2013), The_Durben (05-23-2013)

Page 266 of 884 FirstFirst ... 166 216 256264265266267268 276 316 366 766 ... LastLast