+ Reply
Page 250 of 879 FirstFirst ... 150 200 240248249250251252 260 300 350 750 ... LastLast
Results 4,981 to 5,000 of 17573

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: UniAW6.0 for iph4 & iph5

is a discussion within the

iPhone 4|4S New Skins / Themes Launches

forums, a part of the

New Skins / Themes Launches

section;
Originally Posted by Ian Nicoll Users of 6.21 widgets. In the UniAW6. js file add the symbols marked in red. Thanks Ian.... I've worked all day and haven't had a
    iPhone? More like MyPhone menard_00's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Ian Nicoll View Post
    Users of 6.21 widgets.

In the UniAW6.js file add the symbols marked in red.
    Thanks Ian.... I've worked all day and haven't had a chance to read through the thread. Finally got my weather going again after reading through the last 10 pages. Can't believe how lazy some people are. They just expect someone to fix their problems for them. A little reading and research goes a long way. Just wanna say thanks for all the coding guru's in this thread who are very unselfish and don't mind sharing their knowledge. I've learned a lot in the last 2 months. I knew exactly where to go to make these changes. I couldn't have done that 2 months ago. Again, thanks EVERYONE!!!
    Last edited by menard_00; 05-21-2013 at 06:49 PM.

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to menard_00 For This Useful Post:

Hip5 (05-22-2013), Ian Nicoll (05-21-2013), siemprelisto (05-21-2013)

Thanks
    Thanked 4,752 Times in 1,056 Posts

Very well said Ian. Thanks for putting this into perspective.

I think the heat index is working fine in the uniaw6.js file. Might need some tweaking for other widgets (ie: MJ Extreme).

It's working for me (i think ) and someone else posted a pic of it working for them. Does it work for you with those two woeids after moving the code as we discussed earlier? Or are you just putting it aside completely for now. No worries either way bro.

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Marty McFly For This Useful Post:

Ian Nicoll (05-21-2013), King_O_Hill (05-21-2013)

Thanks
    Thanked 16,759 Times in 4,021 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by NewdestinyX View Post
    Aw, c'mon, bro. That's not logical. You can't have some magic phone that lets your widgets work when everyone else's has gone down. You obviously have modding you did to the originals that allowed yahoo's feed change to have minimal effect on you. You're the 'only' one to report no change. Or all the widgets you rely on didn't use 4 day forecasts. All Drifter's Ind.Elements continued to work precisely because there was no .js call for 4day forecast data. So please.. Don't call it a commotion - as if we broke own widgets.

If I can channel "old Grant" for a moment : "EVERYONE", having an unmodded original widget with 4day forecast called for in the js to Yahoo, had their widgets broken last night. 'Everyone'... -- the "commotion" was warranted because a suckazz wannabe weather service changed its policies again.. >:
    Not true. I was running a beta of the 6.3 last night when the change happened, and it continued to work but only showed the one day forecast.

6. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to MamaJaay For This Useful Post:

Hip5 (05-21-2013), Kazuyoshi (05-21-2013), King_O_Hill (05-21-2013), The_Durben (05-21-2013)

Thanks
    Thanked 19,234 Times in 3,922 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Marty McFly View Post

I think the heat index is working fine in the uniaw6.js file. Might need some tweaking for other widgets (ie: MJ Extreme).

It's working for me (i think ) and someone else posted a pic of it working for them. Does it work for you with those two woeids after moving the code as we discussed earlier? Or are you just putting it aside completely for now. No worries either way bro.
    Hi Marty,

I got so many versions now, I forgot which one I was testing it with yesterday LOL...

I moved the code before you posted and it did look like it was working, but when I chose celsius the feels like temp was is fahrenheit, or the other way around, can't remember.

When I get more free time (Sunday) I will look at it in more detail M8.

I did read your explanation post and because I am not in cold countries very often I was not aware that it actually worked for chill, thanks for pointing it out to me. So yes, we just need what you have done.

In version 6.3 the code is a lot different than all the other versions, so on Sunday I will have a play with it.

Thanks again bud for this and all your other contributions.

"If it's not broken, I'll fix it till it is"

8. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Ian Nicoll For This Useful Post:

Hip5 (05-21-2013), Kazuyoshi (05-21-2013), King_O_Hill (05-21-2013), Marty McFly (05-21-2013), siemprelisto (05-21-2013)

Thanks

I want it in smash. I've placed it in about 10 different places. Anything you can find would be great.

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MamaJaay For This Useful Post:

Hip5 (05-21-2013), King_O_Hill (05-21-2013)

iPhone? More like MyPhone iamaqtpa2t's Avatar
    Thanks

I will not be updating all the download links in post 1 with the temporary fix, I really want to wait and see "really" the end outcome of this, the thread has just exploded as if it's the end of the world! I haven't even touched my widgets on my phone yet, the LS works with 1 day forecast but the clock is broken, SB one doesn't work at all, I'm not panicking about it, it's a phone widget, thats all!!!

So I ask everybody, get your priorities right, stay relaxed, rest assured we are on it & it will get sorted.

I like the idea of another service but as a choice, not as a replacement, fact is, Yahoo does NOT suck, it's just progress and believe me, sooner or later the other weather services being discussed will do something simmilar.

Ultimately, my goal would be to have the Yahoo paid api key so we could add all the extra stuff like 10 day forecast etc, but also have the choice to use other (free) services (all (or most) of, also use an api key), for most of the area's I visit and where I live, Yahoo is most accurate for me but I know it's not the case for all of you.

Marty & KOH, thanks for the feels like code (and whatever else you are up to), although it is not functioning correctly it is for sure on the correct path and I know we will get it right but at this moment it's not priority.

It's just a shame this happened right when we almost have 6.3 ready, now we have to change it all again, but that's fine, it's just going to take a little more time, we all have jobs to do and family lives to participate in, they should be first priority.

In the meantime, a "quick fix" has been posted numerous times, thanks also to MJ for helping many people. If you can't get the quick fix to work then you will just have to wait for final outcome.

Enjoy life, put the phone down and get out for a while, go kiss your loved ones.

Take it easy,

Ian.
    Ian you are sooooo awesome I love this respond. Thank you for all your help and yes this too will pass and we will all have the ultimate theme on our device. Thanks for the help and if there is anything I can do please let me know

QT

12. The Following User Says Thank You to iamaqtpa2t For This Useful Post:

Ian Nicoll (05-21-2013)

Thanks
    Thanked 19,234 Times in 3,922 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by MamaJaay View Post
    I want it in smash. I've placed it in about 10 different places. Anything you can find would be great.
    Hi MJ, what js code does smash have, is it the new AJAX version?

"If it's not broken, I'll fix it till it is"

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Ian Nicoll For This Useful Post:

King_O_Hill (05-21-2013)

Thanks

Was based off 6.1.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to MamaJaay For This Useful Post:

Ian Nicoll (05-21-2013)

King Kong ain't got nothing on me! King_O_Hill's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 17,509 Times in 6,400 Posts

Aw, c'mon, bro. That's not logical. You can't have some magic phone that lets your widgets work when everyone else's has gone down. You obviously have modding you did to the originals that allowed yahoo's feed change to have minimal effect on you. You're the 'only' one to report no change. Or all the widgets you rely on didn't use 4 day forecasts. All Drifter's Ind.Elements continued to work precisely because there was no .js call for 4day forecast data. So please.. Don't call it a commotion - as if we broke own widgets.

If I can channel "old Grant" for a moment : "EVERYONE", having an unmodded original widget with 4day forecast called for in the js to Yahoo, had their widgets broken last night. 'Everyone'... -- the "commotion" was warranted because a suckazz wannabe weather service changed its policies again.. >:
    Ok, you caught me. After checking the js file, it had been modified. I must have modded the wrong one when I was testing something else. Sorry for the miss info.

But I agree with Ian, the panic that ensues when something goes awry is overwhelming. I can't tell you how many emails and PM's that I got. I can only imagine how many Ian and Dacal get. This type of "commotion" is never warranted over widgets not working. People have to remember that a jailbreak is essentially hacking into the operating system and guess what, things are not going to go smoothly all the time. I didn't panic, actually, I did nothing but continue to find a solution for the heat index. I actually like solving problems, as it makes it interesting.

Damn. I did it again. That's 2 soapboxes in one day.

Sorry all

Nevermind, I just realized I have access to it.

Quote Originally Posted by RandyTG View Post
    https://developer.forecast.io/

Another potential source for multi-day forecast, they also offer forecast for the next hour, which is sometimes all you need.
    I was all in until I read this:

3. Credit us with a "Powered by Forecast.io" badge that links to forecast.io wherever you display data from the API.
    Last edited by King_O_Hill; 05-21-2013 at 07:58 PM.
    Widget-Weather App Now Available! Also with MyLocation Support!
    Check out the thread here - Widget-Weather
    To install the Widget-Weather app, just go to Cydia and install. This will also remove MyLocation, as it is built in!
    Want to protect your JailBreak! Add this repo http://cydia.myrepospace.com/iLEXiNFO/ & Install "iLEX R.A.T."
    It will allow you to bring your phone back to a fresh jailbroken state!

18. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to King_O_Hill For This Useful Post:

Ian Nicoll (05-21-2013), lostinthemes (05-22-2013), MamaJaay (05-21-2013), menard_00 (05-21-2013), mfisherbsu (05-21-2013), NewdestinyX (05-21-2013), RandyTG (05-22-2013), The_Durben (05-21-2013)

Thanks
    Thanked 8,488 Times in 1,500 Posts

Perhaps... Cross fingers...

Dacal

My themes : Jade HD, Silex HD, BaSalt HD,ToPaz
    All are on Cydia and/or Theme It.

20. The Following 24 Users Say Thank You to Dacal For This Useful Post:

17Ball (05-23-2013), anneka234b (05-21-2013), azaleea (05-25-2013), Best01 (05-21-2013), chevymusclecar (05-21-2013), Darrenrooster (05-22-2013), Destan (05-22-2013), Hip5 (05-21-2013), Ian Nicoll (05-21-2013), King_O_Hill (05-21-2013), KraXik (05-21-2013), lostinthemes (05-22-2013), Marty McFly (05-21-2013), menard_00 (05-21-2013), mentop (05-23-2013), mfisherbsu (05-22-2013), NewdestinyX (05-21-2013), nik1975 (05-21-2013), Platini2000 (05-22-2013), sethbossfan (05-21-2013), siemprelisto (05-21-2013), Simon (05-21-2013), spanishcop (05-22-2013), The_Durben (05-22-2013)

Thanks
    Thanked 9,033 Times in 4,535 Posts

Not true. I was running a beta of the 6.3 last night when the change happened, and it continued to work but only showed the one day forecast.
    By definition, Jess, that's not an 'original unmodded' widget. Clearly Ian's beta for 6.3, which no one has but a select few, has a different way if dealing with the .js than the rest of all widgets now. That's the only exception to the rule: "different code"..

Quote Originally Posted by King_O_Hill View Post
    Ok, you caught me. After checking the js file, it had been modified. I must have modded the wrong one when I was testing something else. Sorry for the miss info.
    Cool, bro. Just wanted to clarify that you were dealing with an exception - not a rule.
    But I agree with Ian, the panic that ensues when something goes awry is overwhelming. I can't tell you how many emails and PM's that I got. I can only imagine how many Ian and Dacal get. This type of "commotion" is never warranted over widgets not working. People have to remember that a jailbreak is essentially hacking into the operating system and guess what, things are not going to go smoothly all the time. I didn't panic, actually, I did nothing but continue to find a solution for the heat index. I actually like solving problems, as it makes it interesting.
    What happened last night to today was hardly a "commotion". People just wanted the mod designers to know what was going on. In many cases they're "paid" widgets - which deserve prompt attention. Ian's point about "kiss your loved ones, it's just a widget" is well stated. I'll grant you that.

Quote Originally Posted by Dacal View Post
    Perhaps... Cross fingers...

Dacal
    So is that 6.3? Fixed and with a free 4-day forecast from Yahoo?
    Last edited by NewdestinyX; 05-21-2013 at 07:45 PM.
    Here to help if I can. If I can't I know someone who can!

My iPhone is a Part of Me bliken's Avatar
    Thanks

Wow. Cool Dacal

Thanks

Hi Marty,

I got so many versions now, I forgot which one I was testing it with yesterday LOL...

I moved the code before you posted and it did look like it was working, but when I chose celsius the feels like temp was is fahrenheit, or the other way around, can't remember.

When I get more free time (Sunday) I will look at it in more detail M8.

I did read your explanation post and because I am not in cold countries very often I was not aware that it actually worked for chill, thanks for pointing it out to me. So yes, we just need what you have done.

In version 6.3 the code is a lot different than all the other versions, so on Sunday I will have a play with it.

Thanks again bud for this and all your other contributions.
    Thanks for the thanks pal Coming from you it means a lot. I am just sitting down to look at the issue MJ is having with it and Extreme. It's certainly not perfect yet but hopefully very soon.

24. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Marty McFly For This Useful Post:

King_O_Hill (05-21-2013), mfisherbsu (05-21-2013), NewdestinyX (05-21-2013), spanishcop (05-22-2013)

Thanks
    Thanked 8,488 Times in 1,500 Posts

By definition, Jess, that's not an 'original unmodded' widget. Clearly Ian's beta for 6.3, which no one has but a select few, has a different way if dealing with the .js than the rest of all widgets now. That's the only exception to the rule "different code"..
    Exactly. 6.3 (only for beta tester, sorry) works because i have completely rewrote the code for the Yahoo request. No matter if only 2 days forecast.

I try something a little complicated, not sure it will work for everyone now. I have sent something to Ian and other people on my circle on Everyme (MJ, John, Durben,...).

I have tried to take the city and the countrycode from the Yahoo geocode API, then do a search for a match of these elements in appleaccuweatherstolen... If it's OK, i use the appleaccuweather URL to have the information.

Lot of code to change... I have probably broken my awesome 6.3...

Good night all.

Dacal

My themes : Jade HD, Silex HD, BaSalt HD,ToPaz
    All are on Cydia and/or Theme It.

26. The Following 17 Users Say Thank You to Dacal For This Useful Post:

Darrenrooster (05-22-2013), Destan (05-22-2013), GibMcfragger (05-21-2013), Hip5 (05-21-2013), Ian Nicoll (05-21-2013), King_O_Hill (05-21-2013), lostinthemes (05-22-2013), Marty McFly (05-21-2013), mfisherbsu (05-21-2013), NewdestinyX (05-21-2013), nik1975 (05-21-2013), RandyTG (05-22-2013), sethbossfan (05-21-2013), siemprelisto (05-21-2013), spanishcop (05-22-2013), The.Drifter (05-21-2013), The_Durben (05-22-2013)

Thanks

Looking now

28. The Following User Says Thank You to Marty McFly For This Useful Post:

bliken (05-21-2013)

My iPhone is a Part of Me bliken's Avatar
    Thanks

Getting excited that we get 4 day forecast back maybe with 6.3

Looking now
    Fingers crossed as I am using smash extreme too

Thanks

What happened last night to today was hardly a "commotion". People just wanted the mod designers to know what was going on. In many cases they're "paid" widgets - which deserve prompt attention.
    If they were paid, then they were definitely in the wrong thread! There aren't any paid widgets here. They should be going back to the person they bought it from. If you bought a toaster at Walmart, would you take it to Target to get it fixed? People weren't here to let us know there was a problem. People were here looking for fixes. Big difference! Not wanting to get anything going here, but it was a lot of, "OMG my widget needs fixed now!", instaed of "hey, were you guys aware that something seems wrong?".
    To install the Widget-Weather app, just go to Cydia and install. This will also remove MyLocation, as it is built in!
    Want to protect your JailBreak! Add this repo http://cydia.myrepospace.com/iLEXiNFO/ & Install "iLEX R.A.T."

31. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to King_O_Hill For This Useful Post:

mfisherbsu (05-21-2013), The_Durben (05-22-2013)

Green Apple
    Thanks

I just want to say thank you to everyone who worked so hard, and continue to work hard to give us these wonderful themes. Because of you guys, I was able to get my theme up and running just by reading all of your prompt answers to the numerous questions on this thread. You all have a wonderful talent.

Thank you for sharing it with us.

33. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to anneka234b For This Useful Post:

King_O_Hill (05-21-2013), lostinthemes (05-22-2013), mfisherbsu (05-21-2013), NewdestinyX (05-21-2013), siemprelisto (05-21-2013), The_Durben (05-22-2013)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by anneka234b View Post
    I just want to say thank you to everyone who worked so hard, and continue to work hard to give us these wonderful themes. Because of you guys, I was able to get my theme up and running just by reading all of your prompt answers to the numerous questions on this thread. You all have a wonderful talent.

Thank you for sharing it with us.
    Good for you anneka! I'm glad you got yourself up and running!

Some of you others should take notes here.

35. The Following User Says Thank You to King_O_Hill For This Useful Post:

The_Durben (05-22-2013)

Thanks

Looking now
    Marty. I looked at it and it appears there's no obj.chill call in my main. Only obj.RealFeel.

Then I modified your scripts to use THAT obj call...

Still no luck.