+ Reply
Page 245 of 833 FirstFirst ... 145 195 235243244245246247 255 295 345 745 ... LastLast
Results 4,881 to 4,900 of 16644

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: UniAW6.0 for iph4 & iph5

is a discussion within the

iPhone 4|4S New Skins / Themes Launches

forums, a part of the

New Skins / Themes Launches

section;
Originally Posted by Simon76 does anyone fix the yahoo weather yet Read a couple of post above this
    2k1
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,061 Times in 4,203 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Simon76 View Post
    does anyone fix the yahoo weather yet
    Read a couple of post above this

Master Theme Creator June'sIphone's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,716 Times in 3,550 Posts

By getting widgets working are you fixing 5 day or just using 2 day?

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

Thanks MJ.....I know will get it working as I am having no luck.

iPhone? More like MyPhone flasHQuik's Avatar
    Thanks

Some News about Yahoo Downtime ? When does it works again ? or does someone has a location.js file (fixed) ??

#flash
    http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/547/xa39.jpg//

Thanks
    Thanked 16,360 Times in 3,934 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Fattone66 View Post
    Mama I download it but the weather walls aren't showing.Attachment 639320

Works here

Quote Originally Posted by June'sIphone View Post
    By getting widgets working are you fixing 5 day or just using 2 day?
    June:
    Just using 2 day for now... checking into accuweather, but yahoo has made only today and tomorrow available as of yesterday.

Just figured I'd help to get peoples widgets to at least display SOMETHING, rather than the black screens they're getting now.

Quote Originally Posted by bliken View Post
    Thanks MJ.....I know will get it working as I am having no luck.
    You have a PM.
    Last edited by MamaJaay; 05-21-2013 at 11:39 AM.

6. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to MamaJaay For This Useful Post:

chevymusclecar (05-21-2013), Hip5 (05-21-2013), June'sIphone (05-21-2013), lostinthemes (05-22-2013), nik1975 (05-21-2013)

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by MamaJaay View Post
    Thanks....now I have to wait until I get back to house to d/l and install it.

Thanks

Looks as if yahoo is limiting free API. I have heard of them having a paid API soon. Not what I wanted to hear I have found a few others I could use for 5 day. Wanted to know the current situation before I dove in. Thanks.

http://forecast.weather.gov/MapClick...&FcstType=dwml
    http://weather.msn.com/RSS.aspx?weal...eadegreetype=F

http://developer.yahoo.com/forum/Gen...4-c487a5093090
    Last edited by June'sIphone; 05-21-2013 at 11:48 AM.

9. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to June'sIphone For This Useful Post:

chevymusclecar (05-21-2013), Ian Nicoll (05-21-2013), lostinthemes (05-22-2013), RandyTG (05-21-2013), RKO1195 (05-21-2013), The_Durben (05-21-2013)

Thanks
    Thanked 8,347 Times in 4,248 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by flasHQuik View Post
    Some News about Yahoo Downtime ? When does it works again ? or does someone has a location.js file (fixed) ??

#flash
    Always read last several pages before posting. You questions are answered there.
    Here to help if I can. If I can't I know someone who can!

Thanks

Looks as if yahoo is limiting free API. I have heard of them having a paid API soon. Not what I wanted to hear I have found a few others I could use for 5 day. Wanted to know the current situation before I dove in. Thanks.
    They've implemented it already, June. here's a link Yahoo! Search BOSS - YDN

sucks.... I know...
    weatherunderground seems to be a viable alternative.

12. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to MamaJaay For This Useful Post:

Hip5 (05-21-2013), Ian Nicoll (05-21-2013), June'sIphone (05-21-2013), lostinthemes (05-22-2013), The_Durben (05-21-2013)

Livin the iPhone Life Fattone66's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,717 Times in 2,594 Posts

Works here

June:
    Just using 2 day for now... checking into accuweather, but yahoo has made only today and tomorrow available as of yesterday.

Just figured I'd help to get peoples widgets to at least display SOMETHING, rather than the black screens they're getting now.

You have a PM.
    I downloaded again everything's ok but the weather images don't show.ImageUploadedByModMyi1369158390.029036.jpg

Thanks
    Thanked 8,347 Times in 4,248 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by bliken View Post
    Thanks....now I have to wait until I get back to house to d/l and install it.
    Download right to your phone, bro!

Great to have you 'on the job' June's!! But I would strongly ask you programmers to use this 'crisis' to move all widgets to WeatherUnderground - that Rasputin says is great. Like Obama's last Chief of Staff, Rom Emmanuel, stated "Never let a good crisis go to waste".. All major services are FREE now - BUT - they need an API key - (still free, per Rasputin).. We just need to add a 'var' to the Config.js for each of us to put in our API KEY. Pretty simple -- just like we had to add WOEID back in the day..

They've implemented it already, June. here's a link Yahoo! Search BOSS - YDN

sucks.... I know...
    weatherunderground seems to be a viable alternative.
    Per Ras - more accurately put - Yahoo is limiting how much 'free' data comes down their public NON-API accessed lines. An API key with Yahoo is still 'free'. You just have to 'get one'. This is of course - so they can send advertising to your phone eventually. It's a 'legally-sanctioned' phishing scam - unfortunately..

Works here
    MJ, I've had a couple of widgets work perfectly on TacoHTMLEdit on my computer that did NOT work the same on my phone. So it working in Dreamweaver - weirdly, is not always perfectly predictive of what will appear and work on the phone. You'd think it 'would'. but....
    Last edited by NewdestinyX; 05-21-2013 at 11:53 AM.
    Here to help if I can. If I can't I know someone who can!

15. The Following User Says Thank You to NewdestinyX For This Useful Post:

chevymusclecar (05-21-2013)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by NewdestinyX View Post

Great to have you 'on the job' June's!! But I would strongly ask you programmers to use this 'crisis' to move all widgets to WeatherUnderground - that Rasputin says is great. Like Obama's last Chief of Staff, Rom Emmanuel, stated "Never let a good crisis go to waste".. All major services are FREE now - BUT - they need an API key - (still free, per Rasputin).. We just need to add a 'var' to the Config.js for each of us to put in our API KEY. Pretty simple -- just like we had to add WOEID back in the day..
    ive posted a couple links. One to weather underground. Seems a good place. Which is strange yahoo has there logo in there iOS app. Not very familiar with them, but will see. API keys are a bit much. Most are free on certain requests. I would like to just get around that. If I can pull from an rss/xml I will before using keys.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to June'sIphone For This Useful Post:

chevymusclecar (05-21-2013)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by NewdestinyX View Post

Per Ras - more accurately put - Yahoo is limiting how much 'free' data comes down their public NON-API accessed lines. An API key with Yahoo is still 'free'. You just have to 'get one'. This is of course - so they can send advertising to your phone eventually. It's a 'legally-sanctioned' phishing scam - unfortunately..

MJ, I've had a couple of widgets work perfectly on TacoHTMLEdit on my computer that did NOT work the same on my phone. So it working in Dreamweaver - weirdly, is not always perfectly predictive of what will appear and work on the phone. You'd think it 'would'. but....
    I have an API :P

Thanks

Metwit Weather API, an alternative to Yahoo! Weather API - Metwit's Tasty API Soups

Sure we will see alot of these pop up. Be careful and read api requests.

20. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to June'sIphone For This Useful Post:

chevymusclecar (05-21-2013), NewdestinyX (05-21-2013), RKO1195 (05-21-2013), The.Drifter (05-21-2013), The_Durben (05-21-2013)

Livin the iPhone Life sethbossfan's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,085 Times in 818 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by signori View Post
    This worked for all of the forecast iwidgets and LS widgets I am using. By adding this /* to the beginning and */ to the end like below.

f (obj.icon == 3200) obj.icon = 48;

/*obj.Day1 = request.responseXML.getElementsByTagName("forecast ")[1].getAttribute("day");
    obj.Day1Hi = request.responseXML.getElementsByTagName("forecast ")[1].getAttribute("high");
    obj.Day1Lo = request.responseXML.getElementsByTagName("forecast ")[1].getAttribute("low");
    obj.Day1Code = request.responseXML.getElementsByTagName("forecast ")[1].getAttribute("code");

obj.Day2 = request.responseXML.getElementsByTagName("forecast ")[2].getAttribute("day");
    obj.Day2Hi = request.responseXML.getElementsByTagName("forecast ")[2].getAttribute("high");
    obj.Day2Lo = request.responseXML.getElementsByTagName("forecast ")[2].getAttribute("low");
    obj.Day2Code = request.responseXML.getElementsByTagName("forecast ")[2].getAttribute("code");

obj.Day3 = request.responseXML.getElementsByTagName("forecast ")[3].getAttribute("day");
    obj.Day3Hi = request.responseXML.getElementsByTagName("forecast ")[3].getAttribute("high");
    obj.Day3Lo = request.responseXML.getElementsByTagName("forecast ")[3].getAttribute("low");
    obj.Day3Code = request.responseXML.getElementsByTagName("forecast ")[3].getAttribute("code");

obj.Day4 = request.responseXML.getElementsByTagName("forecast ")[4].getAttribute("day");
    obj.Day4Hi = request.responseXML.getElementsByTagName("forecast ")[4].getAttribute("high");
    obj.Day4Lo = request.responseXML.getElementsByTagName("forecast ")[4].getAttribute("low");
    obj.Day4Code = request.responseXML.getElementsByTagName("forecast ")[4].getAttribute("code");*/
    +1 it worked for me also. I do have a few questions though that I'm not sure can be answered yet:

Is this still a temporary workaround or is it apparent that yahoo changed things and we will no longer be able to get forecast info on our widgets permanently?

-any forecast only widgets... Is it safe to say they can be discarded all together or is it better to save them in case yahoo starts working again or a fix is provided by the widget creator?

-on widgets that have touch functionality on which the touching of the widget displayed the forecast and no longer does, can the square boxes that used to contain the weather icons and temperature info be completely removed or can the touch function part be disabled all together?

The last question doesn't apply to just UNIAW mods as the forecast and forecast background can be removed in config.js. But this is a general question for all widgets since a lot of gurus hang out here in this thread.
    Last edited by sethbossfan; 05-21-2013 at 12:05 PM.
    IOS 7 - A KNEE JERK JAILBREAK RELEASE

Thanks

Metwit Weather API, an alternative to Yahoo! Weather API - Metwit's Tasty API Soups

Sure we will see alot of these pop up. Be careful and read api requests.
    Looks like weatherbug

23. The Following User Says Thank You to MamaJaay For This Useful Post:

The_Durben (05-21-2013)

Thanks

Looks like weatherbug
    Good catch https://api.metwit.com/v2/weather/?l...ation_lng=9.18

25. The Following User Says Thank You to June'sIphone For This Useful Post:

The_Durben (05-21-2013)

Livin the iPhone Life sethbossfan's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,085 Times in 818 Posts

VoltagexDT can you make a Yahoo Sucks balloon? Lol
    IOS 7 - A KNEE JERK JAILBREAK RELEASE

27. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to sethbossfan For This Useful Post:

Hip5 (05-21-2013), nik1975 (05-21-2013), VOLTAGExDT (05-21-2013)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by sethbossfan View Post
    +1 it worked for me also. I do have a question that I'm not sure can be answered yet:

Is this still a temporary workaround or is it apparent that yahoo changed things and we will no longer be able to get forecast info on our widgets permanently?

-any forecast only widgets... Is it safe to say they can be discarded all together or is it better to save them in case yahoo starts working again or a fix is provided by the widget creator?

-on widgets that have touch functionality on which the touching of the widget displayed the forecast and no longer does, can the square boxes that used to contain he weather icons and temperature info be completely removed or can the touch function sloth be disabled all together?

The last question doesn't apply to just UNIAW mods as the forecast and forecast background can be removed in config.js. But this is a general question for all widgets since a lot of gurus hang out here in this thread.

If a creator fixes them, they are likely going to provide a Complete widget in a new download... toss them

-on widgets that have touch functionality on which the touching of the widget displayed the forecast and no longer does, can the square boxes that used to contain he weather icons and temperature info be completely removed or can the touch function sloth be disabled all together?

Yes Touch Function can be removed quite easily in most cases

29. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MamaJaay For This Useful Post:

Hip5 (05-21-2013), sethbossfan (05-21-2013)

iPhone? More like MyPhone flasHQuik's Avatar
    Thanks

On which page is this located ? Can someone up the fixed js file ?

Best regards
    http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/547/xa39.jpg//