Page 233 of 875 FirstFirst ... 133 183 223231232233234235 243 283 333 733 ... LastLast
Results 4,641 to 4,660 of 17492

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.


Thread: UniAW6.0 for iph4 & iph5

  1. #4641
    King Kong ain't got nothing on me! King_O_Hill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    9,751
    Thanks
    43,234
    Thanked 18,752 Times in 6,733 Posts

    OK, sorry about the link

    Heat Index

    You may be correct about the feed giving us the relative humidity

    It scared me, because when i did the calc of 99F and 99% I got 186F!
    Widget Weather 2.0 App Currently in Public Beta for iOS 8 only!
    Check out the thread here - Widget-Weather 2.0

  2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to King_O_Hill For This Useful Post:

    bliken (05-20-2013), Marty McFly (05-20-2013), The_Durben (05-20-2013)

  3. #4642
    Quote Originally Posted by King_O_Hill View Post
    OK, sorry about the link

    It scared me, because when i did the calc of 99F and 99% I got 186F!
    Sounds about right. Enter the same values in here and get the same results...

    Heat Index Calculators

    I'm on this. Not sure how long it will take me but I am determined to get heat index working with UniAW.

    Thanks King!
    Last edited by Marty McFly; 05-20-2013 at 02:08 PM.

  4. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Marty McFly For This Useful Post:

    Best01 (05-20-2013), bliken (05-20-2013), King_O_Hill (05-20-2013), NewdestinyX (05-20-2013), VOLTAGExDT (05-20-2013)

  5. #4643
    My uniaw thank you so much creators and contributors!!ImageUploadedByModMyi1369078327.169917.jpg

  6. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Azjonnyg For This Useful Post:

    Best01 (05-20-2013), erayser (05-20-2013), menard_00 (05-20-2013), The.Drifter (05-20-2013)

  7. #4644
    My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    666
    Thanks
    325
    Thanked 2,140 Times in 490 Posts

    Good old Yahoo!
    Weather Underground gives you this (extract) of current condition

    Code:
    		"temp_f":65,
    		"temp_c":18,
    		"relative_humidity":"68%",
    		"wind_string":"From the ESE at 13 MPH",
    		"wind_dir":"ESE",
    		"wind_degrees":110,
    		"wind_mph":13,
    		"wind_gust_mph":0,
    		"wind_kph":20,
    		"wind_gust_kph":0,
    		"pressure_mb":"",
    		"pressure_in":"",
    		"pressure_trend":"",
    		"dewpoint_string":"57 F (14 C)",
    		"dewpoint_f":57,
    		"dewpoint_c":14,
    		"heat_index_string":"NA",
    		"heat_index_f":"NA",
    		"heat_index_c":"NA",
    Sadly they do not supply the heat index yet, but maybe in future, however all the info is there to calculate your own.

    But then who wants to use a different weather service, almost everybody, OK, who wants to rewrite the code ..... ehhh, nobody!

  8. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to rasputin007 For This Useful Post:

    Best01 (05-20-2013), bliken (05-20-2013), Hip5 (05-20-2013), Kazuyoshi (05-20-2013), King_O_Hill (05-20-2013), KraXik (05-20-2013), lostinthemes (05-21-2013), NewdestinyX (05-20-2013), RKO1195 (05-20-2013), siemprelisto (05-20-2013), stratnik (05-20-2013), The.Drifter (05-20-2013)

  9. #4645
    Quote Originally Posted by Marty McFly View Post
    Sounds about right. Enter the same values in here and get the same results...

    Heat Index Calculators

    I'm on this. Not sure how long it will take me but I am determined to get heat index working with UniAW.

    Thanks King!
    Yeah - I was pretty sure the one with % was the 'relative humidity'. Glad we cleared that up. King's calculation should get us there now. Marty - if you nail this -- you will be tied with Simon for 'most improved noob coder' of the year award!! Both of you stepped into modding less than 2 months ago - and have been KILLIN' it.. Both of you are already past me and I've been here - a LOONG time. Cool!!!!! Keep it up dudes!!!! I have a feeling we'll have a Heat Index variable in the Config.js very soon!

    Though I personally think you should keep the MAIN variable REAL FEEL =true/false since REAL FEEL is a term universally used by meterologists to express EITHER Wind Chill in Winter or Heat Index in summer. So there should be an IF/ELSE statement setup to get us one or the other automatically based on season.. Then in the Config.js it would just be true/false to turn both on or off.

    Quote Originally Posted by rasputin007 View Post
    Good old Yahoo!
    Weather Underground gives you this (extract) of current condition

    Sadly they do not supply the heat index yet, but maybe in future, however all the info is there to calculate your own.

    But then who wants to use a different weather service, almost everybody, OK, who wants to rewrite the code ..... ehhh, nobody!
    Yea. Drag, Ras.. for sure. You've done your best to 'stoke the fires' - but there are no takers -- Mostly because of 'free versus paid' thing. I get it.. But thanks for all your work to find the feeds for us - ready to go if we want to pay..
    Last edited by NewdestinyX; 05-20-2013 at 02:58 PM.
    Here to help if I can. If I can't I know someone who can!

  10. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to NewdestinyX For This Useful Post:

    Best01 (05-20-2013), Hip5 (05-20-2013), King_O_Hill (05-20-2013), Simon (05-20-2013)

  11. #4646
    Quote Originally Posted by Simon View Post
    The UNIAW6.1Plane1.6 animation only version is i4 compatible now. Link in first post should have the new version now.

    Here it is too: Download
    Simon thanks for making an i4 version of your 1.6 animated only of your Plane LS. It's great.

    ImageUploadedByModMyi1369079901.856270.jpg
    ImageUploadedByModMyi1369079920.496177.jpg
    IOS 7 - A KNEE JERK JAILBREAK RELEASE

  12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to sethbossfan For This Useful Post:

    Best01 (05-20-2013), Simon (05-20-2013)

  13. #4647
    Quote Originally Posted by The.Drifter View Post

    Now to pinpoint the touch area to a specific area, you will have to edit the UniAW6_iph4.css and UniAW6_iph5.css and adjust the :

    #TouchLayer's 'top, left, width and height' values to suit your tastes.
    You're the MAN! AS always Drift! Hey quick question. My last download of your Ind Elements - was only 8.1. I think you have an 8.2 - right? Reason I ask is that all my widgets change automatically when the weather condition changes - except your IndElements 8.1 Description. That one needs a respring to update. Every morning I wake up and the condition displayed is from the last time I resprung. I know this because UniAW has changed by am (most days) and I have another iWidget showing description that is concurrently showing what UniAW is showing. The only widget that doesn't update automatically is the IndElements 8.1 Desc. Was a 'feed issue' solved in 8.2?

    Thanks for any thoughts,
    Grant
    Here to help if I can. If I can't I know someone who can!

  14. The Following User Says Thank You to NewdestinyX For This Useful Post:

    Best01 (05-20-2013)

  15. #4648
    My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    666
    Thanks
    325
    Thanked 2,140 Times in 490 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by NewdestinyX View Post
    Yea. Drag, Ras.. for sure. You've done your best to 'stoke the fires' - but there are no takers -- Mostly because of 'free versus paid' thing. I get it.. But thanks for all your work to find the feeds for us - ready to go if we want to pay..
    Ah yeah, that "free versus paid" argument.
    Yahoo is free and now limited to 500 request a day.
    Weather Underground is free, limited to 500 requests per day.
    WorldWeatherOnline is free, limited to 500 requests per hour.

    So, it is the "free versus free" argument now.
    I can understand the argument that Weather Underground and WorldWeatherOnline require an API key, which is free for everybody. Obviously it must be extremely hard to write a theme where everybody has to enter their own personal free API key, it is as difficult as to enter your woeid.
    Luckily I have 2 ears to stop my grin run all around my head when I read the constant moaning about Yahoo.

  16. The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to rasputin007 For This Useful Post:

    Best01 (05-20-2013), bliken (05-20-2013), Hip5 (05-20-2013), King_O_Hill (05-20-2013), lostinthemes (05-21-2013), Marty McFly (05-20-2013), NewdestinyX (05-20-2013), RKO1195 (05-20-2013), siemprelisto (05-20-2013), Simon (05-20-2013), stratnik (05-20-2013), The.Drifter (05-20-2013), The_Durben (05-20-2013)

  17. #4649
    Quote Originally Posted by rasputin007 View Post
    Ah yeah, that "free versus paid" argument.
    Yahoo is free and now limited to 500 request a day.
    Weather Underground is free, limited to 500 requests per day.
    WorldWeatherOnline is free, limited to 500 requests per hour.

    So, it is the "free versus free" argument now.
    I can understand the argument that Weather Underground and WorldWeatherOnline require an API key, which is free for everybody. Obviously it must be extremely hard to write a theme where everybody has to enter their own personal free API key, it is as difficult as to enter your woeid.
    Luckily I have 2 ears to stop my grin run all around my head when I read the constant moaning about Yahoo.
    Yeah - you make a very good point there. It would be no different than entering Woeid. Your argument only falls apart - when you consider that 99% of our widgets now are GPS - so from the MOMENT we download - the weather JUST WORKS. No entry of any kind. So it's 'laziness' that wins in the end. That's real life, bro. Laziness on the part of the 'end user' that is - not our coders. Our coders, of course would have to rewrite MANY things. And then imagine them, having to include instruction about how to obtain the free API key in all their widgets.

    I personally think - as with all new technology - there's just a learning curve. If all widgets were changed tomorrow - everyone would just learn how to get the API key - ONCE.. No different than downloading a tweak from Cydia. They'd enter their API - put it in a read me file somewhere on their phone to add in. He11, Drifter would write the API key entry code as an OPTION in his iWidgets. LOL!!!!!!! The coders just have to 'change their minds' now- and realize they'll get so much more with a service other than Yahoo.

    And what if Weather Underground's use of the term N/A - in your last post meant 'not available' (at the moment) since the temp is under a place where there'd be a Heat Index. What makes you interpret the N/A to mean 'never available' or 'not applicable'?
    Here to help if I can. If I can't I know someone who can!

  18. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to NewdestinyX For This Useful Post:

    Best01 (05-20-2013), lostinthemes (05-21-2013), The.Drifter (05-20-2013)

  19. #4650
    Just to give everyone an update. I'm sailing along with this! I ALREADY have it working on a remedial level. The more computer time I have, the faster I will be able to get this finished (on baby duty tonight).

    Heat Index coming VERY soon to UniAW!!

  20. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to Marty McFly For This Useful Post:

    Best01 (05-20-2013), bliken (05-20-2013), Dexy88 (05-20-2013), King_O_Hill (05-20-2013), lostinthemes (05-21-2013), menard_00 (05-20-2013), NewdestinyX (05-20-2013), RandyTG (05-20-2013), sethbossfan (05-20-2013), siemprelisto (05-20-2013), The.Drifter (05-20-2013)

  21. #4651
    that is awesome Marty

    Way to go....can't wait

    Quote Originally Posted by Marty McFly View Post
    Just to give everyone an update. I'm sailing along with this! I ALREADY have it working on a remedial level. The more computer time I have, the faster I will be able to get this finished (on baby duty tonight).

    Heat Index coming VERY soon to UniAW!!

  22. The Following User Says Thank You to bliken For This Useful Post:

    Best01 (05-20-2013)

  23. #4652
    My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    666
    Thanks
    325
    Thanked 2,140 Times in 490 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by NewdestinyX View Post
    And what if Weather Underground's use of the term N/A - in your last post meant 'not available' (at the moment) since the temp is under a place where there'd be a Heat Index. What makes you interpret the N/A to mean 'never available' or 'not applicable'?
    Because I search heat index on Weather Undergrounds forum and there is no talk about "never available", but that's not needed as you got all the values you need to calculate the heat index, like relative humidity or dew point and temperature, in C and F, see formula on previous page.
    But is irrelevant now as Marty found a way with Yahoo's info.

  24. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to rasputin007 For This Useful Post:

    Best01 (05-20-2013), King_O_Hill (05-20-2013)

  25. #4653

  26. The Following User Says Thank You to bliken For This Useful Post:

    Marty McFly (05-20-2013)

  27. #4654
    Quote Originally Posted by rasputin007 View Post
    Because I search heat index on Weather Undergrounds forum and there is no talk about "never available", but that's not needed as you got all the values you need to calculate the heat index, like relative humidity or dew point and temperature, in C and F, see formula on previous page.
    But is irrelevant now as Marty found a way with Yahoo's info.
    Hi Ras, I am using the humidity value from yahoo to calculate the heat index. We came to the conclusion that we all believe that number is indeed 'relative humidity'.

    I am using the code from this page:
    Heat Index Calculators
    Which is also the same as Kings or very close.

    I'm pretty much finished guys - just need to do some more testing but so far this is working AWESOME!!!! It will automatically kick only if temp is over 80F/27C AND humidity is over 40. Otherwise, standard windchill value will apply. Which is pretty standard as far as the reading I've been doing.

    Unfortunately it's family time (OMG - did I just write that - I don't really mean that - you all know what I mean - lol).

    Hopefully will get a chance to finish and upload later. So excited about getting this to work!!!

    EDIT: ...AND I'm happy to say that the Heat Index results that I am getting right now are the same as I'm seeing posted on the Weather Network so that's also VERY encouraging that this is indeed working properly!
    Last edited by Marty McFly; 05-20-2013 at 04:10 PM.

  28. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Marty McFly For This Useful Post:

    Best01 (05-20-2013), bliken (05-20-2013), Dexy88 (05-20-2013), Hip5 (05-20-2013), King_O_Hill (05-20-2013), lostinthemes (05-21-2013), siemprelisto (05-20-2013), Simon (05-20-2013), The.Drifter (05-20-2013), The_Durben (05-20-2013)

  29. #4655
    great news Marty

    getting excited

    Quote Originally Posted by Marty McFly View Post
    Hi Ras, I am using the humidity value from yahoo to calculate the heat index. We came to the conclusion that we all believe that number is indeed 'relative humidity'.

    I am using the code from this page:
    Heat Index Calculators
    Which is also the same as Kings or very close.

    I'm pretty much finished guys - just need to do some more testing but so far this is working AWESOME!!!! It will automatically kick only if temp is over 80F/27C AND humidity is over 40. Otherwise, standard windchill value will apply. Which is pretty standard as far as the reading I've been doing.

    Unfortunately it's family time (OMG - did I just write that - I don't really mean that - you all know what I mean - lol).

    Hopefully will get a chance to finish and upload later. So excited about getting this to work!!!

    EDIT: ...AND I'm happy to say that the Heat Index results that I am getting right now are the same as I'm seeing posted on the Weather Network so that's also VERY encouraging that this is indeed working properly!

  30. #4656
    King Kong ain't got nothing on me! King_O_Hill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    9,751
    Thanks
    43,234
    Thanked 18,752 Times in 6,733 Posts

    Great job Marty, can't wait to try it.
    Widget Weather 2.0 App Currently in Public Beta for iOS 8 only!
    Check out the thread here - Widget-Weather 2.0

  31. #4657
    Quote Originally Posted by King_O_Hill View Post
    Great job Marty, can't wait to try it.
    Thanks pal. Couldn't have done it without you specifically!!

    Stand by for an update later tonight.

  32. The Following User Says Thank You to Marty McFly For This Useful Post:

    King_O_Hill (05-20-2013)

  33. #4658
    Good evening to you. here is the version reworked by Dacal FERLOP and arranged by my fat fingers. available tonight or tomorrow morning with psd and iconoclasm layout



  34. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Steph53940 For This Useful Post:

    Hip5 (05-20-2013), King_O_Hill (05-20-2013), KraXik (05-20-2013), lostinthemes (05-21-2013), RandyTG (05-20-2013), siemprelisto (05-20-2013)

  35. #4659
    theres already a working heat index and real feel on your iphone...

    throw phone in your front yard.. walk outside to get it.. whats it feel like?
    damn hot is what it feels like.. last updated when I walked my *** outside.

    ha

  36. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to VOLTAGExDT For This Useful Post:

    bliken (05-20-2013), Hip5 (05-20-2013), lostinthemes (05-21-2013), MamaJaay (05-20-2013), Marty McFly (05-20-2013), menard_00 (05-20-2013), NewdestinyX (05-20-2013), sethbossfan (05-20-2013)

  37. #4660

  38. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Steph53940 For This Useful Post:

    King_O_Hill (05-20-2013), siemprelisto (05-20-2013)

Page 233 of 875 FirstFirst ... 133 183 223231232233234235 243 283 333 733 ... LastLast
Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •