+ Reply
Page 232 of 815 FirstFirst ... 132 182 222230231232233234 242 282 332 732 ... LastLast
Results 4,621 to 4,640 of 16291

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: UniAW6.0 for iph4 & iph5

is a discussion within the

iPhone 4|4S New Skins / Themes Launches

forums, a part of the

New Skins / Themes Launches

section;
Marty, I don't think they have ever included Heat Index as part of their feed. Not sure why, But like I said above, they actually view the wind chill feed
    King Kong ain't got nothing on me! King_O_Hill's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,074 Times in 5,476 Posts

Marty,

I don't think they have ever included Heat Index as part of their feed. Not sure why, But like I said above, they actually view the wind chill feed as part of the wind element, not a function of the temp. this would explain somewhat why there isn't a heat index, as wind isn't considered in the formula for Heat Index.

I can send you the js code for heat index if you like and you can play with it.
    Widget-Weather App Now Available! Also with MyLocation Support!
    Check out the thread here - Widget-Weather
    To install the Widget-Weather app, just go to Cydia and install. This will also remove MyLocation, as it is built in!
    Want to protect your JailBreak! Add this repo http://cydia.myrepospace.com/iLEXiNFO/ & Install "iLEX R.A.T."
    It will allow you to bring your phone back to a fresh jailbroken state!

2. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to King_O_Hill For This Useful Post:

bliken (05-20-2013), Hip5 (05-20-2013), Marty McFly (05-20-2013), Simon (05-20-2013), The_Durben (05-20-2013)

My iPhone is a Part of Me Azjonnyg's Avatar
    Thanks

Nm got it

Quote Originally Posted by siemprelisto View Post
    Looks like the colon is part of the image. Have you looked there?
    I did, it wasnt part of the image. The colon is located it the uniaw javascript file at the end of the time code is currenthour + ":" + current minutes. Just swapped the : for a space

Quote Originally Posted by menard_00 View Post
    Go to UniAW6.XX/JavaScript/Main/UniAW6.js and scroll down till you see this.....

if (ampm == false) {
    timeOfDay = "";
    currentHours = ( currentHours < 10 ? "" : "" ) + currentHours;
    currentTimeString = currentHours + ":" + currentMinutes;
    } else {
    currentHours = ( currentHours > 12 ) ? currentHours - 12 : currentHours;
    currentHours = ( currentHours < 10 ? "" : "" ) + currentHours;
    currentHours = ( currentHours == 0 ) ? 12 : currentHours;
    currentTimeString = currentHours + ":" + currentMinutes;
    }

......under currentTimeString, delete the :
    Thanks man i found it because this thread is moving quick, but i appreciate your help!
    Last edited by Azjonnyg; 05-20-2013 at 11:33 AM.

Thanks
    Thanked 6,904 Times in 924 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by roman3001 View Post
    How can i move the position of the tap... Now its on the city, will have it more down...on the apple sign in the middle
    Attachment 639069
    I had to make the Widget.plist height value smaller just in case people wanted to place icons around the UniAW itself.

Since you are running a mod of this and it seems that touching icons wont be a issue for you, just edit the Widget.plist and adjust the height value to 180.

That should bring down the iWidget touch capable layer to cover your desired area.

Now to pinpoint the touch area to a specific area, you will have to edit the UniAW6_iph4.css and UniAW6_iph5.css and adjust the :

#TouchLayer's 'top, left, width and height' values to suit your tastes.

5. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to The.Drifter For This Useful Post:

Ian Nicoll (05-20-2013), King_O_Hill (05-20-2013), lostinthemes (05-21-2013), roman3001 (05-20-2013), sethbossfan (05-20-2013), Simon (05-20-2013), The_Durben (05-20-2013)

Thanks
    Thanked 3,969 Times in 904 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by King_O_Hill View Post
    Marty,

I don't think they have ever included Heat Index as part of their feed. Not sure why, But like I said above, they actually view the wind chill feed as part of the wind element, not a function of the temp. this would explain somewhat why there isn't a heat index, as wind isn't considered in the formula for Heat Index.

Thanks man - ya, would love to play with it. Let me know if PM'ing it works of if you need my email address.

It sucks that they've never included heat index in the feed. Might try contacting Yahoo. Doesn't hurt to ask. I think I looked at my phone for that "feels like" number every day during early spring to get the wind chill factor. I gotta get it going for heat index as well some how. Maybe a switch in config that sets the "feels like" number to humidity OR wind chill. Even better if it could be coded so it will look at both and determine which one should be used. Anyway, I will play and keep you posted if you like

7. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Marty McFly For This Useful Post:

bliken (05-20-2013), King_O_Hill (05-20-2013), NewdestinyX (05-20-2013)

Thanks

Ok, after a little more research I now see the real problem. To be able to calculate the Heat Index, you need either Relative Humidity or the Dew Point temp. Neither of which is available from the feed.

Sorry guys/gals, looks like we can't calculate it from what we get from Yahoo!

Here is the js code for Heat Index using either RH-Relative Humidity or DP-Dew Point
    Last edited by King_O_Hill; 05-20-2013 at 11:48 AM.
    To install the Widget-Weather app, just go to Cydia and install. This will also remove MyLocation, as it is built in!
    Want to protect your JailBreak! Add this repo http://cydia.myrepospace.com/iLEXiNFO/ & Install "iLEX R.A.T."

9. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to King_O_Hill For This Useful Post:

bliken (05-20-2013), Hip5 (05-20-2013), lostinthemes (05-21-2013), Marty McFly (05-20-2013), RKO1195 (05-20-2013), The_Durben (05-20-2013)

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

so there isn't a way to show this on the theme?

does it work as you said you have it coded for js...

i am interested

OK, just to give a little in-depth explanation:

The yahoo feed for what we refer to as "Real Feel" is pulled from the "Wind" condition. Specifically the "Chill" element of it.

Here is the call from UniAW.js:

obj.realFeel = findChild(effectiveRoot, "yweather:wind").getAttribute("chill");

Here is the Yahoo feed explanation:

yweather:wind

Forecast information about wind.

Attributes:
    chill: wind chill in degrees (integer)
    direction: wind direction, in degrees (integer)
    speed: wind speed, in the units specified in the speed attribute of the yweather:units element (mph or kph). (integer)

This is the response from Yahoo:

<yweather:wind chill="69" direction="0" speed="0"/>

So, as you can see, there isn't any way to get a "Heat Index", as it doesn't exist in the feed.

Ian, I would suggest changing the "Real Feel" label to "Chill". This might help eliminate any future confusion.

If you would like to calculate the heat index,

HI = -42.379 + 2.04901523*T + 10.14333127*RH - .22475541*T*RH - .00683783*T*T - .05481717*RH*RH + .00122874*T*T*RH + .00085282*T*RH*RH - .00000199*T*T*RH*RH

Where T is temperature in degrees F and RH is relative humidity in percent.
    HI is the heat index expressed as an apparent temperature in degrees F.

If the RH is less than 13% and the temperature is between 80 and 112 degrees F, then the following adjustment is subtracted from HI:

ADJUSTMENT = [(13-RH)/4]*SQRT{[17-ABS(T-95.)]/17}

ABS and SQRT are the absolute value and square root functions, respectively.

On the other hand, if the RH is greater than 85% and the temperature is between 80 and 87 degrees F, then the following adjustment is added to HI:

ADJUSTMENT = [(RH-85)/10] * [(87-T)/5]

I have this coded for js, but I'm not going to post it here unless someone is really interested.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to bliken For This Useful Post:

King_O_Hill (05-20-2013)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by bliken View Post
    so there isn't a way to show this on the theme?

does it work as you said you have it coded for js...

i am interested
    See post above

13. The Following User Says Thank You to King_O_Hill For This Useful Post:

MamaJaay (05-20-2013)

Thanks

Ok, after a little more research I now see the real problem. To be able to calculate the Heat Index, you need either Relative Humidity or the Dew Point temp. Neither of which is available from the feed.

Here is the js code for Heat Index using either RH-Relative Humidity or DP-Dew Point
    Just out of curiousity, how do we know what is and what isn't included in the feed? Is it possible there is more to the feed then what UniAW is using?

15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Marty McFly For This Useful Post:

King_O_Hill (05-20-2013), MamaJaay (05-20-2013)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Marty McFly View Post
    Just out of curiousity, how do we know what is and what isn't included in the feed? Is it possible there is more to the feed then what UniAW is using?
    Try this:

Yahoo RSS Feed

Yahoo Response enter your woeid in the box with large text and then hit the yellow "test" button
    Last edited by King_O_Hill; 05-20-2013 at 11:54 AM.

17. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to King_O_Hill For This Useful Post:

Hip5 (05-20-2013), Marty McFly (05-20-2013), RKO1195 (05-20-2013), siemprelisto (05-20-2013)

Thanks

I guess the humidity figure we DO get is different from 'Relative Humidity'?

Try this:

Yahoo RSS Feed

Yahoo Response enter your woeid in the box with large text and then hit the yellow "test" button
    Awesome links - thank you!

19. The Following User Says Thank You to Marty McFly For This Useful Post:

King_O_Hill (05-20-2013)

Thanks

wow, i thought it would be easy to incorporate it into UNIAW...but it looks to be harder to get it to work..

really weird....you would think it would of been simple.

21. The Following User Says Thank You to bliken For This Useful Post:

King_O_Hill (05-20-2013)

Thanks

I guess the humidity figure we DO get is different from 'Relative Humidity'?
    Yes, Relative humidity is very different from the humidity percentage that we get from yahoo.

23. The Following User Says Thank You to King_O_Hill For This Useful Post:

NewdestinyX (05-20-2013)

Thanks
    Thanked 7,547 Times in 3,847 Posts

Marty,

Thanks King for the forumula 'boiled down'. The Wikipedia one I posted was making my otherwise intelligent head - spin.. I too would like the heat index js code, please. I'm hoping maybe Ian will consider it for 6.3. Then have a simple unified 'Feels Like' subroutine that grabs either Yahoo's Chill feed or does the calculation for temps above 70. I can't image that would be too mind blowing to accomplish (--says the man that's never coded from scratch in his life.... LOL!)...
    Here to help if I can. If I can't I know someone who can!

Thanks

Tried downloading. Just got a blank file.

Thanks

if i wrote code or knew how to do it...i would write the code to have it figure out the real feel to add it to UNIAW...

but i am not smart enough to figure that out...

maybe someone here alot smarter than me can handle that....wonder how hard it would be to write that and incorporate that into UNIAW

i just downloaded it too...empty

Tried downloading. Just got a blank file.

Thanks

Yes, Relative humidity is very different from the humidity percentage that we get from yahoo.
    OK, sorry for all the posts/questions King....you can see I'm trying everything I can here! You've sold me. As you said, it's just not possible right now with the information that's missing from the feed.

Quote Originally Posted by bliken View Post
    if i wrote code or knew how to do it...i would write the code to have it figure out the real feel to add it to UNIAW...

but i am not smart enough to figure that out...

maybe someone here alot smarter than me can handle that....wonder how hard it would be to write that and incorporate that into UNIAW

i just downloaded it too...empty
    Unfortunately it's not something to figure out. If the elements to satisfy the equation just aren't there, nothing you can do. I will contact Yahoo about it but who know where that will go.

28. The Following User Says Thank You to Marty McFly For This Useful Post:

bliken (05-20-2013)

Thanks
    Thanked 7,547 Times in 3,847 Posts

This is where Rasputin comes in. He can find a source for this.

How so? I've never heard this - and I'm an avid weather watcher. The newcasters only ever say 'relative' humidity. But I can Google the difference...
    Last edited by NewdestinyX; 05-20-2013 at 12:20 PM.
    Here to help if I can. If I can't I know someone who can!

30. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to NewdestinyX For This Useful Post:

bliken (05-20-2013), Marty McFly (05-20-2013)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by NewdestinyX View Post

How so? I've never heard this - and I'm an avid weather watcher. The newcasters only ever say 'relative' humidity. But I can Google the difference...
    Everything I've found through Google makes it sound like the number we are getting IS relative humidity.

What do you think King?

It seems to say that relative humidity is the one expressed as a percentage (like the one we get).

If this is the case, I am excited to try adding this to UniAW using King's code (once zip is re-uploaded ).

32. The Following User Says Thank You to Marty McFly For This Useful Post:

bliken (05-20-2013)

Thanks

i am hoping that Rasputin can figure it out..

Quote Originally Posted by NewdestinyX View Post

Thanks

I think this is a good one:
    Humidity - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    "Relative humidity is normally expressed as a percentage"

35. The Following User Says Thank You to Marty McFly For This Useful Post:

NewdestinyX (05-20-2013)