+ Reply
Page 231 of 838 FirstFirst ... 131 181 221229230231232233 241 281 331 731 ... LastLast
Results 4,601 to 4,620 of 16758

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: UniAW6.0 for iph4 & iph5

is a discussion within the

iPhone 4|4S New Skins / Themes Launches

forums, a part of the

New Skins / Themes Launches

section;
Thats quick... Thx Originally Posted by The.Drifter Went ahead and made a iWidget version out of the Lockscreen version to give you the Touch Forecast Feature Starts out with the
    Livin the iPhone Life roman3001's Avatar
    Thanks

Thats quick... Thx

Quote Originally Posted by The.Drifter View Post
    Went ahead and made a iWidget version out of the Lockscreen version to give you the Touch Forecast Feature

Starts out with the 4 Day Forecast showing:

Tap your "City" name to hide the 4 Day Forecast:

Download Here: UniAW6.21_iW_Touch_Forecast.zip

Thanks Dacal for the Touch Scripts used in the Lockscreen version, you made it easy for me this round !

Great!!!

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to roman3001 For This Useful Post:

Hip5 (05-20-2013), The.Drifter (05-20-2013)

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

Balloons look great

Thanks again Voltage.

ImageUploadedByModMyi1369064020.603136.jpg

4. The Following User Says Thank You to bliken For This Useful Post:

VOLTAGExDT (05-20-2013)

6. The Following User Says Thank You to iamevl For This Useful Post:

VOLTAGExDT (05-20-2013)

Thanks
    Thanked 4,565 Times in 1,020 Posts

Hi all,

Just want to follow up on the "feels like" with humidity issue. I can confirm that the "feels like" figure in UniAW is not reporting based on humidity as it was doing so wonderfully with the wind chill in cooler weather. Today is very humid where I live. Here is the page from the Weather Network:

The Weather Network: Weather Forecast: Barrie, Ontario - The Weather Network

You can see "feels like" 30.
    Now here's the yahoo page:

Yahoo Weather: Barrie Weather Forecasts | Maps | News - Yahoo! Weather Canada

No where on the yahoo page does it give me a "humidity feels like" number. If I click on the "detail" button, I do get a "feels like" number but I'm guessing it's based on wind chill not humidity as it's the same as the current temperature. As far as I know, Yahoo get's it's information from "The Weather Channel". Here is the the Weather Channel's page for my city:

The Weather Channel: Barrie Weather Forecast and Conditions - weather.com

If you look under the "right now" section, feels like is same as current temperature again.

Bottom line, I don't think this has anything to do with UniAW. If the information is just not available on Yahoo (which seems to be the case) unfortunately it just means there is nothing for UniAW to "take"....and I don't think there is a formula/calculation that can be done taking into account the humidity to determine the "feels like" temperature.

This is the exact same thing Bliken was experiencing I believe. Just thought I'd confirm that I am experiencing the same thing.

The only thought that I have is that maybe Yahoo changes things twice a year. In the summer "feels like" is based on humidity. In winter "feels like" is based on wind chill. Maybe they just haven't "switched over" to summer mode yet. Possible??

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Marty McFly For This Useful Post:

bliken (05-20-2013), Hip5 (05-20-2013), MamaJaay (05-20-2013)

Thanks
    Thanked 8,444 Times in 4,288 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Marty McFly View Post
    The only thought that I have is that maybe Yahoo changes things twice a year. In the summer "feels like" is based on humidity. In winter "feels like" is based on wind chill. Maybe they just haven't "switched over" to summer mode yet. Possible??
    YES! This is a very plausible theory, Marty. Maybe they don't switch until June 1 or June 22 - the first day of summer. That would make perfect sense. The only other option, the one I prefer, is YAHOO SUCKS!!!!! -- since other major weather reporting organizations are already reporting "Feels Like" based on humidity. Somewhere, in the world - it's ALWAYS Summer and always Winter.. So a switch being thrown - is on the verge of being 'far-fetched'. But we'll see as the Northern Hemisphere summer emerges if Yahoo's feed 'switches on' for Heat Index.

Having said all that - just as Javascript in our widgets does a calculation for Centigrade from Fahrenheit (or vice versa, I never remember) - the calculations for Wind Chill (Winter) and Heat Index (Summer) are a simple mathematical formula. Easy to do in a widget. Maybe we just 'override' Yahoo. I'll look into the math equation.

Thanks for confirming, Marty. I too confirmed it a few days ago. AND I certainly agree with you (and Ian's original response) that this is just a "Yahoo feed" issue - NOT the widget.
    Here to help if I can. If I can't I know someone who can!

10. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to NewdestinyX For This Useful Post:

bliken (05-20-2013), lostinthemes (05-21-2013), MamaJaay (05-20-2013), Marty McFly (05-20-2013)

Livin the iPhone Life roman3001's Avatar
    Thanks

Went ahead and made a iWidget version out of the Lockscreen version to give you the Touch Forecast Feature

Thanks Dacal for the Touch Scripts used in the Lockscreen version, you made it easy for me this round !

How can i move the position of the tap... Now its on the city, will have it more down...on the apple sign in the middle
    ImageUploadedByModMyi1369067035.798167.jpg

12. The Following User Says Thank You to roman3001 For This Useful Post:

The.Drifter (05-20-2013)

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

well thanks guys for confirming this......it is a great idea to see what the feels like temp really is based on temp and humidity....

and yes Yahoo weather does suck....be nice if we could use a different one for UNIAW but i know it is complicated..

atleast I know I am not crazy....

Quote Originally Posted by Marty McFly View Post
    Hi all,

Just want to follow up on the "feels like" with humidity issue. I can confirm that the "feels like" figure in UniAW is not reporting based on humidity as it was doing so wonderfully with the wind chill in cooler weather. Today is very humid where I live. Here is the page from the Weather Network:

The Weather Network: Weather Forecast: Barrie, Ontario - The Weather Network

You can see "feels like" 30.
    Now here's the yahoo page:

Yahoo Weather: Barrie Weather Forecasts | Maps | News - Yahoo! Weather Canada

No where on the yahoo page does it give me a "humidity feels like" number. If I click on the "detail" button, I do get a "feels like" number but I'm guessing it's based on wind chill not humidity as it's the same as the current temperature. As far as I know, Yahoo get's it's information from "The Weather Channel". Here is the the Weather Channel's page for my city:

The Weather Channel: Barrie Weather Forecast and Conditions - weather.com

If you look under the "right now" section, feels like is same as current temperature again.

Bottom line, I don't think this has anything to do with UniAW. If the information is just not available on Yahoo (which seems to be the case) unfortunately it just means there is nothing for UniAW to "take"....and I don't think there is a formula/calculation that can be done taking into account the humidity to determine the "feels like" temperature.

This is the exact same thing Bliken was experiencing I believe. Just thought I'd confirm that I am experiencing the same thing.

Quote Originally Posted by NewdestinyX View Post
    YES! This is a very plausible theory, Marty. Maybe they don't switch until June 1 or June 22 - the first day of summer. That would make perfect sense. The only other option, the one I prefer, is YAHOO SUCKS!!!!! -- since other major weather reporting organizations are already reporting "Feels Like" based on humidity. Somewhere, in the world - it's ALWAYS Summer and always Winter.. So a switch being thrown - is on the verge of being 'far-fetched'. But we'll see as the Northern Hemisphere summer emerges if Yahoo's feed 'switches on' for Heat Index.

Having said all that - just as Javascript in our widgets does a calculation for Centigrade from Fahrenheit (or vice versa, I never remember) - the calculations for Wind Chill (Winter) and Heat Index (Summer) are a simple mathematical formula. Easy to do in a widget. Maybe we just 'override' Yahoo. I'll look into the math equation.

Thanks for confirming, Marty. I too confirmed it a few days ago. AND I certainly agree with you (and Ian's original response) that this is just a "Yahoo feed" issue - NOT the widget.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to bliken For This Useful Post:

MamaJaay (05-20-2013)

Livin the iPhone Life pnunez1310's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,030 Times in 563 Posts

thanks a lot for the ballons VOLTAGExDT Really appreciate it. 👍✌

16. The Following User Says Thank You to pnunez1310 For This Useful Post:

VOLTAGExDT (05-20-2013)

Thanks
    Thanked 8,444 Times in 4,288 Posts

Shoot -- Maybe we'll just wait for Yahoo to send us a correct feed for Heat Index. The 'calculation' is the 'stuff of' Sheldon's chalkboard on "The Big Bang Theory". ..... oy..

Here to help if I can. If I can't I know someone who can!

18. The Following User Says Thank You to NewdestinyX For This Useful Post:

Hip5 (05-20-2013)

My iPhone is a Part of Me Azjonnyg's Avatar
    Thanks

Hello, love this widget! I usually teach myself when it cones to modding but i've been stumped and am now frustrated to the point of borderline rage. I need to get rid of the damn colon on the digital clock display, its so simple yet i have been unable to track it down. ;-) tia!!

ImageUploadedByModMyi1369068335.170807.jpg

Thanks
    Thanked 16,474 Times in 3,953 Posts

Shoot -- Maybe we'll just wait for Yahoo to send us a correct feed for Heat Index. The 'calculation' is the 'stuff of' Sheldon's chalkboard on "The Big Bang Theory". ..... oy..

Watch it... Sheldon is my secret lover

21. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MamaJaay For This Useful Post:

Hip5 (05-20-2013), NewdestinyX (05-20-2013)

King Kong ain't got nothing on me! King_O_Hill's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 16,332 Times in 5,978 Posts

OK, just to give a little in-depth explanation:

The yahoo feed for what we refer to as "Real Feel" is pulled from the "Wind" condition. Specifically the "Chill" element of it.

Here is the call from UniAW.js:

obj.realFeel = findChild(effectiveRoot, "yweather:wind").getAttribute("chill");

Here is the Yahoo feed explanation:

yweather:wind

Forecast information about wind.

Attributes:
    chill: wind chill in degrees (integer)
    direction: wind direction, in degrees (integer)
    speed: wind speed, in the units specified in the speed attribute of the yweather:units element (mph or kph). (integer)

This is the response from Yahoo:

<yweather:wind chill="69" direction="0" speed="0"/>

So, as you can see, there isn't any way to get a "Heat Index", as it doesn't exist in the feed.

Ian, I would suggest changing the "Real Feel" label to "Chill". This might help eliminate any future confusion.

If you would like to calculate the heat index,

HI = -42.379 + 2.04901523*T + 10.14333127*RH - .22475541*T*RH - .00683783*T*T - .05481717*RH*RH + .00122874*T*T*RH + .00085282*T*RH*RH - .00000199*T*T*RH*RH

Where T is temperature in degrees F and RH is relative humidity in percent.
    HI is the heat index expressed as an apparent temperature in degrees F.

If the RH is less than 13% and the temperature is between 80 and 112 degrees F, then the following adjustment is subtracted from HI:

ADJUSTMENT = [(13-RH)/4]*SQRT{[17-ABS(T-95.)]/17}

ABS and SQRT are the absolute value and square root functions, respectively.

On the other hand, if the RH is greater than 85% and the temperature is between 80 and 87 degrees F, then the following adjustment is added to HI:

ADJUSTMENT = [(RH-85)/10] * [(87-T)/5]

I have this coded for js, but I'm not going to post it here unless someone is really interested.
    Widget-Weather App Now Available! Also with MyLocation Support!
    Check out the thread here - Widget-Weather
    To install the Widget-Weather app, just go to Cydia and install. This will also remove MyLocation, as it is built in!
    Want to protect your JailBreak! Add this repo http://cydia.myrepospace.com/iLEXiNFO/ & Install "iLEX R.A.T."
    It will allow you to bring your phone back to a fresh jailbroken state!

23. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to King_O_Hill For This Useful Post:

bliken (05-20-2013), Hip5 (05-20-2013), lostinthemes (05-21-2013), MamaJaay (05-20-2013), Marty McFly (05-20-2013), RKO1195 (05-20-2013), sethbossfan (05-20-2013), siemprelisto (05-20-2013), Simon (05-20-2013), The.Drifter (05-20-2013), The_Durben (05-20-2013)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by MamaJaay View Post
    Watch it... Sheldon is my secret lover
    Lol I am watching a Marathon of that show as we speak. You can have Sheldon, I want Priya..... 😘

25. The Following User Says Thank You to GibMcfragger For This Useful Post:

Hip5 (05-20-2013)

Thanks

Haha That's one crazy formula!

Thanks
    Thanked 14,785 Times in 6,878 Posts

IAN -- Hey - one more 6.3 update request... When there are showers out -- and thunderstorms -- clouds are much darker in color. Currently the wonderful cloud images you have for us - stay very white through all weather conditions. I wonder if 'cloudy' and all shower condition animations can have 'darker' cloud images - at day and night.

Every thing else seems PERFECT to me and SO realistic!

Thanks for even considering, M8.
    Check the clouds in my plane1.6 version, the realistic one (just animation version). I made all the clouds for thunder/rain etc darker. You can take the darker clouds from there and put them in your UNIAW version. They are in the showers_cloud day and night images I believe.

28. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Simon For This Useful Post:

lostinthemes (05-21-2013), NewdestinyX (05-20-2013), The_Durben (05-20-2013)

Livin the iPhone Life sethbossfan's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,085 Times in 818 Posts

Thanks Drifter for putting touch function into the Iwidget! Awesome:

ImageUploadedByModMyi1369069723.472776.jpg
    ImageUploadedByModMyi1369069738.511868.jpg

Running it right now as animated only an animated only with the touch forecast enabled.
    IOS 7 - A KNEE JERK JAILBREAK RELEASE

30. The Following User Says Thank You to sethbossfan For This Useful Post:

The.Drifter (05-20-2013)

iPhone? More like MyPhone menard_00's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Azjonnyg View Post
    Hello, love this widget! I usually teach myself when it cones to modding but i've been stumped and am now frustrated to the point of borderline rage. I need to get rid of the damn colon on the digital clock display, its so simple yet i have been unable to track it down. ;-) tia!!

Attachment 639070
    Go to UniAW6.XX/JavaScript/Main/UniAW6.js and scroll down till you see this.....

if (ampm == false) {
    timeOfDay = "";
    currentHours = ( currentHours < 10 ? "" : "" ) + currentHours;
    currentTimeString = currentHours + ":" + currentMinutes;
    } else {
    currentHours = ( currentHours > 12 ) ? currentHours - 12 : currentHours;
    currentHours = ( currentHours < 10 ? "" : "" ) + currentHours;
    currentHours = ( currentHours == 0 ) ? 12 : currentHours;
    currentTimeString = currentHours + ":" + currentMinutes;
    }

......under currentTimeString, delete the :

Thanks
    Thanked 14,785 Times in 6,878 Posts

The UNIAW6.1Plane1.6 animation only version is i4 compatible now. Link in first post should have the new version now.

Here it is too: Download

33. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Simon For This Useful Post:

ipawnforfun (05-20-2013), Marty McFly (05-20-2013), RKO1195 (05-20-2013), sethbossfan (05-20-2013), siemprelisto (05-20-2013), The_Durben (05-20-2013)

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Azjonnyg View Post

Attachment 639070
    Looks like the colon is part of the image. Have you looked there?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by King_O_Hill View Post
    So, as you can see, there isn't any way to get a "Heat Index", as it doesn't exist in the feed.
    Hey King, I think you are totally right, it doesn't exist in the feed. Up until about half hour ago, I would have been happy with the conclusion that Yahoo just doesn't use heat index altogether because "feels like" is always the same as 'regular temp' lately (on web-site too). But I think they do use heat index (it would be silly if they didn't I think).

This pic shows that Yahoo is indeed doing "something" with humidity as the feels like is 28 but the current is 27

UniAW6.0 for iph4 & iph5-photo-1.png

...but here is the feed information from the exact same time:

UniAW6.0 for iph4 & iph5-photo-2.png

It shows what you mention above: <yweather:wind chill="27"....

So I'm starting to think more and more that it does exist and maybe they just haven't "updated" their feed yet? Is that even possible? Maybe in the warmer weather months for some places 'wind chill' as above is replaced with 'heat index'??

Quote Originally Posted by Simon View Post
    The UNIAW6.1Plane1.6 animation only version is i4 compatible now. Link in first post should have the new version now.

Here it is too: Download
    Awesome - thanks man!!!

Quote Originally Posted by King_O_Hill View Post
    I have this coded for js, but I'm not going to post it here unless someone is really interested.
    King, if we find that for whatever reason we can't get a 'heat index' feed from Yahoo, I would be REALLY interested in trying to add this to UniAW.

In fact, I'd like to try now just for the project Would you be willing to share?
    Last edited by Marty McFly; 05-20-2013 at 11:26 AM.

36. The Following User Says Thank You to Marty McFly For This Useful Post:

Simon (05-20-2013)