Page 21 of 875 FirstFirst ... 111920212223 31 71 121 521 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: UniAW6.0 for iph4 & iph5

For anyone who tried my fix to Dacals latest location.js and it is working for you, I suggest that you delete the variable from the location.js and add that as a option in your current weather widgets setup.js so people can easily toggle it true/false if it reports the wrong city.

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to The.Drifter For This Useful Post:

cuzin (04-03-2013), King_O_Hill (04-03-2013), NewdestinyX (04-03-2013), Project5 (04-03-2013)

Quote Originally Posted by driftzorz View Post
    I have a question maybe y'all can help. With the old GPS it always showed my correct town name. Now it's shows a different town name. What's causing this? Is there a fix for it maybe?
    This isn't that hard to mod from original code. I studied Wynd's work on the dylib version from 5.0. I will have time later today. But one of the awesome coders here might beat me to it.

Quote Originally Posted by lostinthemes View Post
    Ian and Dacal
    When I woke up this morning my wife's took her baggage and left home because of my girlfriend's photo I have forgot in my pocket...
    Can I have the js. file to clear this mess?
    THANKS for that laugh. I almost split my sides !!! Lol!!' LMAO!!

Quote Originally Posted by The.Drifter View Post
    For anyone who tried my fix to Dacals latest location.js and it is working for you, I suggest that you delete the variable from the location.js and add that as a option in your current weather widgets setup.js so people can easily toggle it true/false if it reports the wrong city.
    So the PRESENCE of the variable in the location.js is needed for some older GPS widgets. But it still can toggled true/false. Am I understanding that correctly, Drifter?

And then - that .js you made could be universally used for Ian, Dacal and older widgets and solve the prob with Yahoo across the board by just replacing older location.js' with this one?
    Last edited by NewdestinyX; 04-03-2013 at 10:57 AM.
    Here to help if I can. If I can't I know someone who can!

This thread is in straight up beast mode! Stellar people here!

5. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to joshlogic For This Useful Post:

Ian Nicoll (04-03-2013), NewdestinyX (04-03-2013), RKO1195 (04-03-2013)

Quote Originally Posted by joshlogic View Post
    This thread is in straight up beast mode! Stellar people here!
    +1,000,000
    Here to help if I can. If I can't I know someone who can!

7. The Following User Says Thank You to NewdestinyX For This Useful Post:

joshlogic (04-03-2013)

My iPhone is a Part of Me cuzin's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,343 Times in 379 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by The.Drifter View Post
    You can also go in to the location.js & delete this string...
    if ((UseNeighborhood == true) && (neighborhood != "")) { city = neighborhood; }
    else if (UseNeighborhood == true) { city = state; }
    I have been doing this more than adding another option, as some widgets do not call for a neighborhood/city...& me being a ill OCD I would 'have' to go add a neighborhood lookup & placement. LOL, just my preference...I think this really is only for some older widgets.
    Twitter - @brokenmind09
    20GB of free cloud storage - https://copy.com/?r=WzHJu8

9. The Following User Says Thank You to cuzin For This Useful Post:

King_O_Hill (04-03-2013)

Quote Originally Posted by NewdestinyX View Post
    This isn't that hard to mod from original code. I studied Wynd's work on the dylib version from 5.0. I will have time later today. But one of the awesome coders here might beat me to it.

THANKS for that laugh. I almost split my sides !!! Lol!!' LMAO!!

So the PRESENCE of the variable in the location.js is needed for some older GPS widgets. But it still can toggled true/false. Am I understanding that correctly, Drifter?

And then - that .js you made could be universally used for Ian, Dacal and older widgets and solve the prob with Yahoo across the board?
    It's a new option in uniaw 6.0 to get the neighborhood in replacement of city, but only if the woeid given by the GPS is wrong (the widget keeps the neighborhood name as city and reverts back to the locale code for weather condition).

Ian, when you'll wake up, i suggest you to use the latest BaSalt/Topaz code for that (location.js). I have added 2 options in my Config.js : use the neighborhood or use the city given by the GPS localization, in every case.

Like that, we will have the exact same code next time Yahoo will change something .

PS : it's usefull for some people where the city given by the GPS API is more close/explicit than city given by the RSS feed. Hope it's clear for everyone .
    Last edited by Dacal; 04-03-2013 at 11:13 AM.

My themes : Jade HD, Silex HD, BaSalt HD,ToPaz
    All are on Cydia and/or Theme It.

11. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Dacal For This Useful Post:

Cloud2Ground (04-03-2013), cuzin (04-03-2013), ferlop15 (04-05-2013), Ian Nicoll (04-03-2013), King_O_Hill (04-03-2013), RKO1195 (04-03-2013), The_Durben (04-03-2013)

I done that the very first time he wouldn't let me donate and keep up with it when he releases a new one

Quote Originally Posted by King_O_Hill View Post
    Just do what I did and go buy all his themes if you haven't already.
    Click My Sig For my auros Mods

13. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to GUNNY29 For This Useful Post:

Dacal (04-03-2013), Ian Nicoll (04-03-2013), King_O_Hill (04-03-2013)

I'm down again with Yahoo about an hour, hope you all not...
    var Locale works but GPS dont...
    Last edited by lostinthemes; 04-03-2013 at 11:25 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dacal View Post
    Be careful, so much GPS code here... . In the latest uniaw version, Ian suggested me to add a neighborhood option for specific situations. If it's turn on, city may be false... I don't know the code you use. Look that point first.
    I just looked its yours Dacal. Its your newest one with the neighborhood true. Tried changing the neighborhood to false but still showing the same city. Now I notice when I go on the computer and look for city it shows waynesville with a woied but then when I click extended forcast thats when it shows laquey. So on the widget its showing laquey. Even if i just use the woied it still shows laquey.
    Last edited by driftzorz; 04-03-2013 at 11:31 AM.

No problem here.

I just looked its yours Dacal. Its your newest one with the neighborhood true. Tried changing the neighborhood to false but still showing the same city. Now I notice when I go on the computer and look for city it shows waynesville with a woied but then when I click extended forcast thats when it shows laquey. So on the widget its showing laquey. Even if i just use the woied it still shows laquey.
    Your coordinates ?

My iPhone is a Part of Me signori's Avatar
    Thanks

All of my widgets work on GPS right now.

Quote Originally Posted by Dacal View Post
    No problem here.

Your coordinates ?
    Ok now where can i find that?

Ok now where can i find that?
    In /var/mobile/Document/myLocation.txt

20. The Following User Says Thank You to Dacal For This Useful Post:

mrsmickey (04-21-2013)

Ok, so in trying out Dacal's new location.js file with the neighborhood tweak now added, I have one problem... It's the requirement from the original post that says to make sure you enter your correct WOEID into the config.js file.

Well here's the thing with that... as I said before, I am using the Minimalisity LS theme. The config file (its actual title is "configureMe.js") has the following line of code that (I believe) sort of gums up the works for me when it comes to using Dacal's fix with this theme:

var locale = "0" // leave "0" if you want
    to use the GPS or enter your code if you don't
    have GPS (myLocation)

seeing as the orignal post says that you need the correct woeid in the config file, is this what's making it a losing battle for me? seems like i don't have that option here. thoughts?

Hi everyone i use iwidget version, but i have 2 problem:
    1. I don t want to show a days weather panel , how to turn it off?
    2. The text of my location is too long and it is overlapped by the main clock, how to change the font size to smaller?
    Thanks for great widgets

[QUOTE=Dacal;6821162]No problem here.

It occurs when I add the old tweak you taught us for showing the district instead of city, the two slashes before city=$

// GET OLD LOCALE FROM WOEID
    var url = "http://weather.yahooapis.com/forecastrss?w="+woeid+"&u=f";
    $.get(url, function(data) {
    title = $(data).find('title').text(); // Check if a city is found.
    if (title != "Yahoo! Weather - ErrorCity not found") {
    gps = true;
    zip = $(data).find('guid').text().split('_')[0];
    //city = $(data).find('location').attr('city');
    TextColor = "TextColorGrey";
    weatherRefresherTemp(zip); // Refresh weather as specified in Config.js.

Where i need to put the new plist ??

Ok Dacal:
    Lat=37.809923
    Long=-92.238812

For anyone who downloaded the previous version of this... *ahem* SIMON.

MJSmash Lite Animated SB/LS combo
    Lock screen

With TOUCH forecast

Springboard

This will require MYLocation (or set WOEID in config)

--Defaults to hourly timed walls, but if you want the large static weather pic, then go in the CSS for your device and change #weathericon to opacity:1;

--yes, it is animated
    --yes, it has touch forecast on lock
    --yes the GPS is working (thanks Dacal)
    --yes it will scale for whatever device you are on. (I4 or i5)
    --yes you'll see the wiper when it rains (turn off in config)
    --yes you'll see hot air balloons during the day (pick how many or turn off in the config)
    --yes on CLEAR nights you'll see an astronaut floating around from time to time.

Credits to Ian Nicholl for the new UNIAW code.

Download link below

https://www.dropbox.com/s/fbzi0o3v3r...Lite_beta3.zip

27. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to MamaJaay For This Useful Post:

Dacal (04-03-2013), Ian Nicoll (04-03-2013), It's Mi (04-18-2013), kristatos (04-03-2013), lostinthemes (04-03-2013), Ramses2 (04-03-2013), Simon (04-03-2013), The.Drifter (04-03-2013)

Master Theme Creator (aka Bluemetal) Blue's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,972 Times in 3,496 Posts

@Ian: LIKE ALWAYS A PLEASURE TO WORK WITH YOUR "BABY".

I added a animated spotlight. This graphics and layout may remind you of something in the past...

29. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Blue For This Useful Post:

Dacal (04-03-2013), Ian Nicoll (04-03-2013), It's Mi (04-18-2013), Kazuyoshi (04-03-2013), kristatos (04-03-2013), lostinthemes (04-03-2013), thewaytozion (04-03-2013), The_Durben (04-03-2013)

Page 21 of 875 FirstFirst ... 111920212223 31 71 121 521 ... LastLast