+ Reply
Page 191 of 839 FirstFirst ... 91 141 181189190191192193 201 241 291 691 ... LastLast
Results 3,801 to 3,820 of 16779

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: UniAW6.0 for iph4 & iph5

is a discussion within the

iPhone 4|4S New Skins / Themes Launches

forums, a part of the

New Skins / Themes Launches

section;
Originally Posted by sethbossfan ND I live in the Philly subarbs essentially. South Jersey by Cherry Hill. I'm sure you can vow with me that today outside justifies as nothing
    King Kong ain't got nothing on me! King_O_Hill's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 16,336 Times in 5,980 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by sethbossfan View Post
    ND I live in the Philly subarbs essentially. South Jersey by Cherry Hill. I'm sure you can vow with me that today outside justifies as nothing short of a Sunny day. .

It comes down to what you and others have said on the past. Yahoo sucks lol.
    Yahoo only sucks in Philly!

I live out in the sticks of the Midwest and never have an issue.
    Widget-Weather App Now Available! Also with MyLocation Support!
    Check out the thread here - Widget-Weather
    To install the Widget-Weather app, just go to Cydia and install. This will also remove MyLocation, as it is built in!
    Want to protect your JailBreak! Add this repo http://cydia.myrepospace.com/iLEXiNFO/ & Install "iLEX R.A.T."
    It will allow you to bring your phone back to a fresh jailbroken state!

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to King_O_Hill For This Useful Post:

MamaJaay (05-10-2013), Simon (05-10-2013)

Thanks
    Thanked 15,553 Times in 4,072 Posts

Always good for me in uk
    Click My Sig For my auros Mods

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to GUNNY29 For This Useful Post:

King_O_Hill (05-10-2013), MamaJaay (05-10-2013)

Thanks
    Thanked 8,448 Times in 4,291 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by King_O_Hill View Post
    Yahoo only sucks in Philly!

I live out in the sticks of the Midwest and never have an issue.
    To be very precise, Yahoo sucks in anything but "large cities". As soon as you go into the burbs you only ever see Partly, Mostly and cloudy. Even if its raining. I've tested this in many cities besides mine. I'll go and check Chicago.. And then some small suburb less than 15 miles away and the weather condition will just be one of the cloudies even if its raining in the main city which means its also obviously raining 15 miles away. I tested this on Yahoo's weather website for 30 - 40 cities before I ever made my conclusions. And all you have to do is Google "Yahoo Weather sucks" and you'll see I am Hardly alone in my assessment of its accuracy for small towns.

@Seth.. Today was "fair" not Sunny. And now it's Cloudy. Seth, if you want to see accurate weather for Cherry Hill, just do what I do - enter the coordinates for Center City Philly. Lat=39.952273
    Long=-75.162537... Turn off SigChange and you'll see lots of variety, my friend.
    Last edited by NewdestinyX; 05-10-2013 at 03:56 PM.
    Here to help if I can. If I can't I know someone who can!

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to NewdestinyX For This Useful Post:

lostinthemes (05-14-2013), sethbossfan (05-10-2013)

Thanks

But I live 30 miles from anything and my weather works fine.
    To install the Widget-Weather app, just go to Cydia and install. This will also remove MyLocation, as it is built in!
    Want to protect your JailBreak! Add this repo http://cydia.myrepospace.com/iLEXiNFO/ & Install "iLEX R.A.T."

8. The Following User Says Thank You to King_O_Hill For This Useful Post:

GUNNY29 (05-10-2013)

Thanks

But I live 30 miles from anything and my weather works fine.
    The question is "what's fine".. Put in the nearest major city to you and you'll see the weather snap to rain the ' moment ' the rain starts.. Light rain to rain differentiation. Trust me on this one, King. On THIS issue you're in the minority bro. Unless Yahoo considers your city "medium large" to "large". The issue is there's an 'approved list' of hyper focused cities in the US (and abroad) that yahoo emphasizes. Trust me - I'm not alone in this.

Thanks

All good in uk and there are loads of small towns, villages etc all regonised by yahoo and give accurate description of weather

11. The Following User Says Thank You to GUNNY29 For This Useful Post:

KraXik (05-11-2013)

Thanks

The proof of my claim is to put a small suburb in Yahoo - then put same town in another national service. In that other weather service my town will be accurate and match the conditions for Center City Philadelphia. That's the proof right there. The weather in my suburb 99 times out of 100 matches center city Philly. I'm only 15 miles away as the crow flies. Yahoo never reports center city Philly's condition as my town's condition. But other major services do - perfectly matched to Philly as it should be.

Thanks

Yahoo must not like Philly lol

14. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to GUNNY29 For This Useful Post:

King_O_Hill (05-10-2013), KraXik (05-11-2013), lostinthemes (05-14-2013)

Thanks

Yeah, if it starts raining it says rain on my phone. If there's lightning, it's there. Cloudy, no problem. I honestly don't experience any of this and I drive through a bunch of small farming communities frequently.

Besides yahoo weather is driven by The Weather Channel, and they seem ok.

16. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to King_O_Hill For This Useful Post:

GUNNY29 (05-10-2013), KraXik (05-11-2013), Sazzat (05-10-2013)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by GUNNY29 View Post
    All good in uk and there are loads of small towns, villages etc all regonised by yahoo and give accurate description of weather
    The whole of the UK is a pretty small area, Gunny. The mileage I'm talking about is much vaster in the mid Atlantic of the US. But it's good to hear Yahoo loves the UK!

Thanks

Yahoo must not like Philly lol
    I know I don't.

19. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to King_O_Hill For This Useful Post:

GUNNY29 (05-10-2013), KraXik (05-11-2013)

Thanks

Yeah, if it starts raining it says rain on my phone. If there's lightning, it's there. Cloudy, no problem. I honestly don't experience any of this and I drive through a bunch of small farming communities frequently.

Besides yahoo weather is driven by The Weather Channel, and they seem ok.
    You're very much in the minority bro - from my polling around these forums. I'll never be happy with Yahoo - unless I keep inputting Philly.

I know I don't.
    Lol!! Your loss!

Thanks

Whether its small or not your point was that yahoo focuses on big cities I was stating that is not the case in the UK. Every town city village anywhere i go (which is everywhere due to job) yahoo delivers as I would expect

Thanks

The only reason that you think I'm in the minority, is because people never bother to post anything when things are working good. They only post complaints. If most of the world had bad reporting, yahoo would know about it and do something. Like I said though, yahoo is not in the weather business, it is from The Weather Channel.

Whether its small or not your point was that yahoo focuses on big cities I was stating that is not the case in the UK. Every town city village anywhere i go (which is everywhere due to job) yahoo delivers as I would expect
    I find the same here in the US wherever I go.

23. The Following User Says Thank You to King_O_Hill For This Useful Post:

GUNNY29 (05-10-2013)

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Since yall are discussing Yahoo weather service, has anyone noticed that the new Yahoo weather app uses WeatherUnderground.com ?

UniAW6.0 for iph4 & iph5-img_02.png
    Last edited by siemprelisto; 05-10-2013 at 05:15 PM.

Livin the iPhone Life sethbossfan's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,085 Times in 818 Posts

When yahoo reports a major city's weather conditions what is defined as exactly where it's reporting? Is it the central coordinates of the city (center city)?

ND, like me you have never seen "Sunny" but your widgets always show Philadelphia. So you are getting that cities weather conditions. No? Philly is a MAJOR US city. And you have never seen Sunny? I can understand me not seeing it as I'm in a Suburb. This just proves yes Yahoo sucks..
    Last edited by sethbossfan; 05-10-2013 at 05:11 PM.
    IOS 7 - A KNEE JERK JAILBREAK RELEASE

Thanks

The only reason that you think I'm in the minority, is because people never bother to post anything when things are working good. They only post complaints. If most of the world had bad reporting, yahoo would know about it and do something. Like I said though, yahoo is not in the weather business, it is from The Weather Channel.
    I've done a lot of study on this one, bro. And remember what you all would tell me at the beginning. Just because 'you' and 'Gunny' have a good experience - doesn't extrapolate out to the masses. I've actually written to Yahoo weather on this topic and asked them if it was an anomaly. They couldn't explain why this was the case for the suburbs that I sent them. They did the typical 'form letter thing' of 'thanks for helping us to 'improve our service' yadda, yadda. But they acknowledged the problem with the examples I sent.

And I've done enough testing too as I described to Gunny in last post. When I compare to Weather Underground and Google - the reported condition for my suburb is almost always identical to Center City Philly - EXCEPT with Yahoo. So for me, and Philly, and 15 other metro areas I sent to Yahoo to make my case - it 'sucks'.. I am now - bored of this topic. Glad it works in your area, Brian and Gunny... Truly I am! Not interested in another chapter of the Great Debate. Moving on...

Grant

Quote Originally Posted by sethbossfan View Post
    ND, like me you have never seen "Sunny" but your widgets always show Philadelphia. So you are getting that cities weather conditions. No? Philly is a MAJOR US city. How have you never seen Sunny? I can understand me not seeing it as I'm in a Suburb.
    Nope. Never for Philadelphia since I started using Weather widgets almost 2 years ago. Never a SUNNY and one CLEAR.

Quote Originally Posted by siemprelisto View Post
    Since yall are discussing Yahoo weather service, has anyone noticed that the new Yahoo weather app uses WeatherUnderground.com ?
    Yeah - Interesting - isn't it.. Yahoo's fixing the 'issue' by 'ditching Weather Channel'.. LOL!
    Last edited by NewdestinyX; 05-10-2013 at 05:12 PM.

Thanks
    Thanked 14,785 Times in 6,878 Posts

Works fine on my little rock
    My only problem is I'm never gonna see any of the snow ones without using demo mode. I am curious to see what will happen In a hurricane though.

Quick poll. I have thunderstorm, windy and heavy_snow set for turbulence now. Any other weather conditions people think should have turbulence? I don't want to overdo it.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Simon View Post
    Works fine on my little rock
    My only problem is I'm never gonna see any of the snow ones without using demo mode. I am curious to see what will happen In a hurricane though.

Quick poll. I have thunderstorm, windy and heavy_snow set for turbulence now. Any other weather conditions people think should have turbulence? I don't want to overdo it.
    Whenever I'm flying in rain or light rain - turbulence is always part of the experience. Clouds themselves are what create the air pockets that create turbulence. So theoretically in any of the cloudy conditions you could have turbulence.

29. The Following User Says Thank You to NewdestinyX For This Useful Post:

Simon (05-10-2013)

Thanks
    Thanked 14,785 Times in 6,878 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by NewdestinyX View Post
    Whenever I'm flying in rain or light rain - turbulence is always part of the experience. Clouds themselves are what create the air pockets that create turbulence. So theoretically in any of the cloudy conditions you could have turbulence.
    Ya, I suppose. I don't want to overdo it though. Maybe just the mostly cloudy one and rain? And maybe hail.