+ Reply
Page 1 of 54 123 11 51 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: NextGenUI [A HD Theme]

is a discussion within the

iPhone 4|4S New Skins / Themes Launches

forums, a part of the

New Skins / Themes Launches

section;
NextGenUI is a spacial interface concept based on the idea of having all of your applications represented as graphical nodes, with a futuristic design; NGUI4 is full of features and
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,581 Times in 392 Posts

Default NextGenUI [A HD Theme]

NextGenUI is a spacial interface concept based on the idea of having all of your applications represented as graphical nodes, with a futuristic design; NGUI4 is full of features and interactivity.

Nodes can be added, removed, resized and changed on the interface using interactive gestures.

Two types of nodes implemented include a simple application node, and a data storage node that can hold application in a folder-like fashion.

The UI has been designed with the idea of future improvements and implementation to be added while conserving the UI layout that you have already taken the time to create.

Searching, downloading and uninstalling applications is all supported

Full UI wide colour customisation from the configuration menu, and downloadable graphical themes that allows other developers to modify the UI and share their own takes for others to enjoy, these themes are placed in:
    /User/Library/NextGenUI4/themes/

The unique ability to combine colour customisation with graphic themes makes NextGenUI a very diverse theming platform

To switch NextGenUI on you need to enable it from the Settings application

Other features include
    Themed notification banners (iOS 6)
    Subtle animations and more to add to UI feel

Would like to thank @iphoneMaster323 for his video review of NGUI4, check it out here

Would also like to thank @iTwe4kz for his

If you feel NGUI4 is worth more than what you paid, feel free to send a donation to a poor student my PayPal is [email protected]

Follow me on Twitter: @GroovyCarrot

Please note that Pirated/Stolen copies of NextGenUI are no longer being signed by the server so I guess you'll just have to pay for it, please bare in mind behind everything that is pirated is a developer that has invested some several months to create it
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails NextGenUI [A HD Theme]-threadthumb.png  
    Last edited by GroovyCarrot; 01-21-2014 at 07:38 AM.

2. The Following 19 Users Say Thank You to GroovyCarrot For This Useful Post:

Alfroggy (07-15-2013), BadJ3d1 (03-13-2013), Draugole (02-18-2014), fallenzx (03-27-2013), gdd2010 (03-15-2013), guero2284 (03-13-2014), Hip5 (12-24-2013), ipikachu (05-06-2013), iZangetsu (01-23-2014), King_O_Hill (07-31-2013), mcooper (09-08-2013), PJ7 (03-07-2013), revan91 (03-15-2014), Simon (09-04-2013), TEK_2012 (01-27-2014), The.Drifter (09-04-2013), The_Durben (07-31-2013), tonza191 (02-21-2014), WhiteWo1f (02-18-2014)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Looks really nice man, good work. Will there be color customization? Looking forward to it.

Thanks

Here's a theme that I've been working on that's inspired by the interfaces of many next generation games this theme uses both DreamBoard and WinterBoard to create a unique interface. This was developed on my iPhone 4 running iOS 6.1

The first version of this theme will be available soon through Cydia, I will take feedback into consideration and update providing enough people show interest and support; this theme includes a simple weather widget as I didn't want to go too overboard with the design so as not over complicate it but I'll take any feedback into consideration I've already got plans to expand the board.

WinterBoard LockScreen and landing page from DreamBoard

I have the DreamBoard LockScreen bug on 6.1, so until/unless DreamBoard is updated I won't be designing a fancy lockscreen, i did include an optional ClockScreen mod that adds the clock and weather widget from the left of the board onto the lockscreen.

Fully animated board uses paging, the applications node at the end has 3 nodes - 2 of which are customisable folders and the bottom node is a list of all applications

Board animations can be configured to save battery and phone ram, includes configuration for the weather widget, main node on the dashboard opens up into a rotating menu of customisable icons.

Customisation of the application nodes - defaults to 'Games' and 'Utilities'

Not all icons are currently supported but I did skin all of the apps that are initially on the iPhone including various other social network apps and a few generally popular ones, I will try and do some more icons if people request but graphic detail that fine isn't my strong-suit.

I threw together a video to get a better feel for the UI, the colour is a little off but it shows off most of the features including a few optional placements for additional icons on the board that you might want to use.

Thanks for your interest, I am a student at university and have a crippling student loan that if you'd like to donate and show support for this I'll gladly take it
    https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/websc...=XPDVV56RKR52E

5. The Following User Says Thank You to GroovyCarrot For This Useful Post:

jepp376 (01-21-2014)

Thanks

Colour customisation was an idea I played around with, I wanted to do something where you could set the exact colour you want, but if I do the only way at the moment would be to have set colours to choose from, so I'm still putting thought into it. The original colour was yellow as it was based of the Deus Ex interface but thought yellow wouldn't be a popular colour, but I'll leave that up to you guys to decide

Thanks

NextGenUI is now available through the Cydia store for only $1.39, just a little to keep me eating at Uni

I will provide full support and add any features that people feel that it is missing, plans for future versions include colour customisation and expansion of the DreamBoard; I'd like to add a bit more freedom to it and have some good ideas for colour flexibility feel free to make suggestions and I will be more than happy to improve accordingly, I'm also thinking of redoing the icon graphics and adding more, though I'm a bit limited in that area.

Thanks for your interest and look forward to working on this some more

8. The Following User Says Thank You to GroovyCarrot For This Useful Post:

Alfroggy (07-15-2013)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Interested to see it in action. I have an iPhone 5 so I would have bought it for that. Looks awesome though and right up my alley. Gl and keep up the awesome work!

Thanks

iTonemod took the courtesy to do a video review for anyone interested

I'm unsure about iPhone 5 compatibility as I myself only have the iPhone 4, I'm not sure whether any changes need to be made in DreamBoard to accommodate for the larger screen though if someone would be willing to test it for me just let me know

Thanks

Looks good man! Have to try this out soon!

Thanks

Well after several emails about changing the colour scheme I came up with a work around, at first I was having memory issues with it being quite laggy but i've solved the problem now, unfortunately the icons will have to be fixed one colour unless I can find a work around for them so I decided to keep much of the UI blue with the outstanding features customisable. Any feed back is appreciated

Colour Selection from config

Resulting changes to dreamboard:

Also I'd like to thank everyone who has downloaded this and if anyone has an iPhone 5 I'd like to test compatibility so just buzz me on here.

I'm going to implement some more features before I update it so if anyone has suggestions feel free

13. The Following User Says Thank You to GroovyCarrot For This Useful Post:

Alfroggy (07-15-2013)

Thanks
    In the video on the far left it shows that there are notifications or something on the side, is that a setting?

Thanks

No they're notification and they appear on or next to the icons as they would on springboard

Thanks
    Oh okay. Also how do you change the time to 12h and temperature to Fahrenheit?

Thanks

Now you mention it 12 hour time format hadn't occurred to me since I always use 24 hour, you can change the temperature units in the config menu next to the update location button.

I'll be releasing a major update with in the next few days I've just got a lot coursework to do, I'll add in 12 hour support, thanks for the feedback!

Thanks
    Awesome thanks! I really like the designing this dreamboat theme too it's something new compared to the other ones.

19. The Following User Says Thank You to iTyrone For This Useful Post:

GroovyCarrot (03-14-2013)

Thanks

Peak at NextGenUI2
    • Full colour customisation
    • UI Improvements
    • More icons
    • 12 hour clock support & date

NextGenUI2 will be updated to $2.16 due to reflect time spent and compensate exchange rate, feel free to buy it now before the update

21. The Following User Says Thank You to GroovyCarrot For This Useful Post:

Alfroggy (07-15-2013)

My iPhone is a Part of Me gdd2010's Avatar
    in a barred spiral galaxy on the Cepheus-Draco border
    Thanks

Stunning! I was an avid fan of the ELSE Theme by TheWarlu but progress was stifled and the theme was removed as it was a UI for an existing phone that never really was produced.

This looks as though you took it to the next level. Great work and will look to purchase after you update.

Also, I noticed there was a wheel rotation issue (going opposite direction) The ELSE theme never had that issue. I'd be willing to give you the code to figure out how it was fixed. Unless, of course, you fixed it; then this point is moot.

One more thing. Can you provide a PSD for icon customization? That way buyers can get the full experience to customize their icons without nagging you for them. Makes the theme experience even better.

One last thing... If you can figure out how to add a music controls widget (such as Jukebox) the the home screen in Dreamboard, you will be the theming god!
    Last edited by gdd2010; 03-15-2013 at 04:33 AM.

23. The Following User Says Thank You to gdd2010 For This Useful Post:

Alfroggy (07-15-2013)

Thanks

Actually I do remember the theme you're talking about, I remember having it on my iPod touch 3G a few years ago, the one with the spinning menus in the corners? If I remember right I think he solved the problem by nestling the menu with only a corner exposed - I think I could fix the problem I guess it has just never bothered me since I have a tendency to swipe up and down anyway. I did think to myself when I was writing this that it would be handy just to see what he did so feel free to message me a copy if you have one.

Also I was thinking about including a psd for icons but it seems like an unnecessary weight on the package when all the icons are just solid #00ffd2 at 90% alpha 200px by 200px

25. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to GroovyCarrot For This Useful Post:

Alfroggy (07-15-2013), gdd2010 (03-15-2013)

My iPhone is a Part of Me gdd2010's Avatar
    in a barred spiral galaxy on the Cepheus-Draco border
    Thanks

Yup! That was the one! Works great in a 4s. The extra hardware boost helps a lot with the performance.
    I'll see what I can get together and sen you the code. Also, rather than include the psd file in the package, jut put it here for the adventurous ones to mess with.
    Can't wait for the update!

27. The Following User Says Thank You to gdd2010 For This Useful Post:

Alfroggy (07-15-2013)

Thanks

Thanks for the advice I've added the info in the top post as well as here, the icon dimensions and stuff is here for anyone interested, also feel free to share icons on here

Thanks
    This happens sometimes during editing my apps and makes it unchangeable until you respring or reboot.
    ImageUploadedByModMyi1363382666.325149.jpg