+ Reply
Page 9 of 54 FirstFirst ... 7891011 19 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: NextGenUI [A HD Theme]

is a discussion within the

iPhone 4|4S New Skins / Themes Launches

forums, a part of the

New Skins / Themes Launches

section;
Originally Posted by GroovyCarrot Hmm, make sure Summerboard mode is off? Though I haven't had any complaints from anyone else running 6.1.3 so I don't think it's a problem with
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by GroovyCarrot View Post
    Hmm, make sure Summerboard mode is off? Though I haven't had any complaints from anyone else running 6.1.3 so I don't think it's a problem with the version :/
    groovycarrot. here is a screenshot from my iphone.

and take note. its 3gs.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails NextGenUI [A HD Theme]-img_1673.png  
    Last edited by paolodc07; 04-21-2013 at 07:10 PM.

Evil Genius Developer GroovyCarrot's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,122 Times in 466 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by paolodc07 View Post
    groovycarrot. here is a screenshot from my iphone.

and take note. its 3gs.
    Ah damn it seems there's a difference for file names on the i3 devices :/ Are you running on NextGenUI 3.2? If you swipe up to configure does the server tell you to update?

-- Ah never mind I just realised you said some of it is working, I'll have to patch a fix for it then but I need to somehow get the filenames for com.apple.TelephonyUI and com.apple.mobiletimer as apparently they are not the same, it's strange though because it looks like your lockscreen hasn't themed at all and I'd have thought at least some of the images would have worked. It's almost like the entire bundle isn't applied, despite the fact I did package all the pre-retina images.

Just to clarify, the rest of the phone is themed just fine?
    Last edited by GroovyCarrot; 04-21-2013 at 08:25 PM.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to GroovyCarrot For This Useful Post:

Alfroggy (07-15-2013)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Ah damn it seems there's a difference for file names on the i3 devices :/ Are you running on NextGenUI 3.2? If you swipe up to configure does the server tell you to update?

-- Ah never mind I just realised you said some of it is working, I'll have to patch a fix for it then but I need to somehow get the filenames for com.apple.TelephonyUI and com.apple.mobiletimer as apparently they are not the same, it's strange though because it looks like your lockscreen hasn't themed at all and I'd have thought at least some of the images would have worked. It's almost like the entire bundle isn't applied, despite the fact I did package all the pre-retina images.

Just to clarify, the rest of the phone is themed just fine?

the rest of the phone is fine. its all themed up. just the dialler and the lockscreen has a bug. idontknow if it is 3.2 my cousin downloaded this for me. but when i swipe it up. yes there's an update button and view history etc.

Thanks

Ah it should be the latest version, the update button is red and there's a message to update if its not 3.2. I will fix this bug as soon as I can for you but my old iPod 3G died of water damage so I can't test this myself :/ it's just a matter of finding the UIImage names for telephonyui on the iPhone 3GS, I'm guessing apple decided to be more of a ballache with this update

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

oh ok. thanks! are you making a next update? like nextgenui4 or whatsoever cause im hoping it will be fixed on the next update! im looking forward to it! Ha ha. thanks again and godbless!

Thanks

oh ok. thanks! are you making a next update? like nextgenui4 or whatsoever cause im hoping it will be fixed on the next update! im looking forward to it! Ha ha. thanks again and godbless!
    I will get this fixed on the next update, I will try and have it done soon but I have exams for the next 3 weeks :/ If I can find a quick solution I will release it soon, very sorry for the inconvenience!

8. The Following User Says Thank You to GroovyCarrot For This Useful Post:

paolodc07 (04-22-2013)

iPhone? More like MyPhone Xpress690's Avatar
    Thanks

Hi...

Ive asked for some help but got nothing so I'm posting the pictures so you can all see what my problems are and then, maybe you can help.

1. The text on th slider is off place
    NextGenUI [A HD Theme]-img_1460-1-.png

2. Im not getting the Weather Widget...
    NextGenUI [A HD Theme]-img_1461-1-.png

Thank again for a great theme and for all the help provided

Regards
    Last edited by Xpress690; 04-22-2013 at 09:23 AM.
    Paulo Santos
    vIsIt ThE aZoReS

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Xpress690 View Post
    Hi...

Ive asked for some help but got nothing so I'm posting the pictures so you can all see what my problems are and then, maybe you can help.
    1. The text on th slider is off place
    Attachment 633915

2. Im not gerrint the Weather Widget...
    Attachment 633916

Thank again for a great theme and for all the help provided

Regards
    Paul
    Hey thanks for bringing this up, I hadn't considered it but Springboard has strings for different languages and I did only add the english string - if you have iFile there is a way to fix this quite easily:

Navigate to \Library\Themes\NextGenUI.theme\Bundles\com.apple. springboard\
    And rename en.lproj to your local language.
    If you have a custom string applied on your lockscreen then won't appear in the right place - NGUI sets the string to blank so it doesn't appear

As for the weather widget: if you focus on the iPhone node and swipe up from the bottom to get to configuration, make sure you have set your location in the format [City], [Country] as ZIP codes do not work, and weather codes seem temperamental and work for some while not for others. The weather widget also will only appear if you have an active internet connection (WiFi or 3G) and will refresh every minute, if there is no active connection when it refreshes it will not appear so bare that in mind

Hope that solves your issue, if you need any help please feel free to ask

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to GroovyCarrot For This Useful Post:

Alfroggy (07-15-2013), Xpress690 (04-22-2013)

Thanks

Thanks GroovyCarrt for the quick reply
    I do have iFile and will tried to rename de file and see if it works, but the language use is the same as yours, so I don't think this is an issue... all I did was change de original text on the original file... As per the Weather goes, I do have the weather code "POXX0031" and it works on all the other themes and it did work before on V1 of this one also...

Again, thank you for a great job.
    Regards

PS:1.renamed the file, the text is gone.... :-(
    Last edited by Xpress690; 04-22-2013 at 09:50 AM.
    Paulo Santos
    vIsIt ThE aZoReS

Thanks

Thanks GroovyCarrt for the quick reply
    I do have iFile and will tried to rename de file and see if it works, but the language use is the same as yours, so I don't think this is an issue... all I did was change de original text on the original file... As per the Weather goes, I do have the weather code "POXX0031" and it works on all the other themes and it did work before on V1 of this one also...

Again, thank you for a great job.
    Regards

PS:1.renamed the file, the text is gone.... :-(
    Do you mean the text has gone completely? NGUI will not support custom slider text I'm afraid :/ The theme is designed with the intention of the text not being there

Also just to clarify; is the weather now working by changing it to "[City], [Country]" I don't quite understand why it is so temperamental, the short answer is that I have to point fingers at Yahoo and their API seems to handle weather codes quite poorly

Thanks

Ok
    Yes The text is completely gone but I would really like to have it.

On the weather issue, I use the "Yahoo weather Code POXX001" on every other theme and it works fine.

Thanks
    Paulo Santos
    vIsIt ThE aZoReS

Thanks

Ok
    Yes The text is completely gone but I would really like to have it.

On the weather issue, I use the "Yahoo weather Code POXX001" on every other theme and it works fine.

Thanks
    Hmm it's likely the API call that NGUI makes then, I must have done it differently to other themes but it still doesn't explain why Yahoo will sometimes return good data and sometimes not at all.
    I made the API call to location and I specified mainly the format [City], [Country] simply to save people effort of having to get their weather code, it is advised in the prompt the format to use however

I'd been doing some digging to work out why i3 devices seem to be affected and can't really come up with anything, the files are named correctly as far as I am aware so winterboard should be theming them and since you're running iOS6 there shouldn't be a filename issue :/

Thanks

I've had a bug report regarding the 3GS problem that "Slide to UnlockKiller" practically fixes the issue, I will still read into the problem but for now it may be worth knowing

Thanks

Hmm it's likely the API call that NGUI makes then, I must have done it differently to other themes but it still doesn't explain why Yahoo will sometimes return good data and sometimes not at all.
    I made the API call to location and I specified mainly the format [City], [Country] simply to save people effort of having to get their weather code, it is advised in the prompt the format to use however/
    Ok than, please tell me this, if you put a wrong code in what is displayed on the screen?? cause mine does not show anything at all...

Regards
    Paulo Santos
    vIsIt ThE aZoReS

Thanks

Ok than, please tell me this, if you put a wrong code in what is displayed on the screen?? cause mine does not show anything at all...

Regards
    Nothing will be displayed as yahoo doesn't return the weather data, but you don't need to use a weather code for it to work so I just advise the alternate format

Thanks

Nothing will be displayed as yahoo doesn't return the weather data, but you don't need to use a weather code for it to work so I just advise the alternate format
    Ok
    I've tried (City and Country) and nothing ...

Thanks

Ok
    I've tried (City and Country) and nothing ...
    Sounds like it could only be an internet connection problem? If I use "Lisbon, Portugal" it works fine for me, and as you said the weather code POXX001 does not work

Thanks

GroovyCarrot
    I'm not in Lisbon, therefor Lisbon is not the city that I'm looking for....! As of now I'm in Praia da Vitoria, Portugal... And in a few days I'll be in Luanda, Angola....!!!! Luanda works just fine, but Praia da Vitoria does not... Like I said before, it works fine on other themes......

Regars
    Paulo Santos
    vIsIt ThE aZoReS

Thanks

GroovyCarrot
    I'm not in Lisbon, therefor Lisbon is not the city that I'm looking for....! As of now I'm in Praia da Vitoria, Portugal... And in a few days I'll be in Luanda, Angola....!!!! Luanda works just fine, but Praia da Vitoria does not... Like I said before, it works fine on other themes......

Regars
    Ah sorry I just took the weather code you mentioned above, I didn't realise you were moving around - I will have to look into the problem and possibly improve the weather handling all together as it seems that Yahoo location calls are too temperamental since I use YQL. The problem can be resolved if I make a project on Yahoo's BOSS Geo though I think they charge for the service per so many queries - as improved as it is, it is something I may invest in for future projects

I the mean time I will look into it and try and improve the code on the weather handling, I was thinking of adding geolocation functionality but it would have to be handled by the server and I'm not sure everyone would be in favour of having their GPS coordinates handled by my server without request so it's something I'm going to carefully think about but it will be a huge advantage to be able to just hit "Get Location" and it tells you where you are and gives you weather information. Since the weather app doesn't work on my jailbroken i4 I might even just replace the weather app with Dreamboard functionality - what ever happens I can't invest time until after my exams now so I will look to improve in a few weeks time.

Until then sorry for any inconveniences caused by this bug

Thanks

GroovyCarrot

Theres absolutely no need for you to be sorry.... I (we) will wait for improvements as they come out. This is a time/trial experience and it's been working great so far, if all the feedback you get will help you improve the theme, great...!!
    I'm sure we're all glad to help out.
    Regards
    Paulo Santos
    vIsIt ThE aZoReS

24. The Following User Says Thank You to Xpress690 For This Useful Post:

gdd2010 (04-25-2013)