Page 8 of 54 FirstFirst ... 678910 18 ... LastLast
Results 141 to 160 of 1077

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.


Thread: NextGenUI [A HD Theme]

  1. #141
    I would lend you an iPad to create this with but we are continents away. haha.

    I would like to create a few of my own icons (Plex is my main focus right now) and have seen you guys talking about it. I know I will have to save as PNG with transparent packground, but once I've gotten that far, how do replace the original icon with mine in your theme?

  2. #142
    Evil Genius Developer GroovyCarrot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Liverpool, United Kingdom
    Posts
    552
    Thanks
    101
    Thanked 2,147 Times in 472 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by rwightiis View Post
    I would lend you an iPad to create this with but we are continents away. haha.

    I would like to create a few of my own icons (Plex is my main focus right now) and have seen you guys talking about it. I know I will have to save as PNG with transparent packground, but once I've gotten that far, how do replace the original icon with mine in your theme?
    Look in \Dreamboard\NextGenUI3\Icons and feel free to replace them as you like: the icon@2x is the high quality icon that the retina display uses, you don't need to worry about the lower res icons, they're just for pre-retina devices like the iPhone 3/G

  3. The Following User Says Thank You to GroovyCarrot For This Useful Post:

    Alfroggy (07-15-2013)

  4. #143
    My iPhone is a Part of Me gdd2010's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    in a barred spiral galaxy on the Cepheus-Draco border
    Posts
    627
    Thanks
    266
    Thanked 373 Times in 231 Posts

    @rwightiis

    Here is a PLEX icon for ya!

    -plex-2x.png

    I know you can't see it here. Let me know if you still want it. Or, ill make a different one.

    @Groovy, I'm keeping a folder with icons I make and will get them to you as I get more.

    Quote Originally Posted by GroovyCarrot View Post
    Don't seem to be having much luck do we? Hahaha. Right then I'm guessing that has something to do with OPlayer having an image mask or the png you saved has transparency problems? Maybe try resaving the png? What graphics software are you using?
    I'm using Photoshop CS5.1. Never had this issue before.
    Last edited by gdd2010; 04-20-2013 at 01:48 AM.

  5. The Following User Says Thank You to gdd2010 For This Useful Post:

    Alfroggy (07-15-2013)

  6. #144
    My iPhone is a Part of Me gdd2010's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    in a barred spiral galaxy on the Cepheus-Draco border
    Posts
    627
    Thanks
    266
    Thanked 373 Times in 231 Posts

    Figured it out, Groovy. I can NOT delete the grey mask that you have. I was tinkering with seeing how it looked without it; looked really nice, except my icon had this black box behind it. Other than that, The only way to theme it is to have the OPlayer@2x icon in the Dreamboard folder and the Bundle Identifier Folder with Icon@2x in it. I think it has to do with how the developer of the app (OPlayer) created the icon as it is for iPhone and iPad.
    So, with knowing this, off to make a bunch of icons!!!!!!!!

  7. #145
    My iPhone is a Part of Me gdd2010's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    in a barred spiral galaxy on the Cepheus-Draco border
    Posts
    627
    Thanks
    266
    Thanked 373 Times in 231 Posts

    OK. I added some icons and Bundle Folder to the Dropbox account I created for us. The login for the Dropbox is [email protected] and pass is RotatorWheel.

    There is also a psd for a template to make other icons (for size reference only). Be sure to deselect this layer before saving as a png. The grey shadow is the 130x130 icon image size and the background (200x200) is transparent.

    Have fun! And, I'll post more as I get them made as well!

  8. #146
    Quote Originally Posted by gdd2010 View Post
    @rwightiis

    Here is a PLEX icon for ya!

    -plex-2x.png

    I know you can't see it here. Let me know if you still want it. Or, ill make a different one.

    @Groovy, I'm keeping a folder with icons I make and will get them to you as I get more.



    I'm using Photoshop CS5.1. Never had this issue before.
    Awesome! Thanks so much! So I just put this in the NextGen icons folder through iFile and it will replace the standard icon with this one?

  9. #147
    My iPhone is a Part of Me gdd2010's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    in a barred spiral galaxy on the Cepheus-Draco border
    Posts
    627
    Thanks
    266
    Thanked 373 Times in 231 Posts

    OK. I just made an SBSetting theme for this. I know its a little bright. But I want to see if others are ok. I'm gonna mod it a little to take the color down... ALOT! Let me know if anyone wants to try it.

    Edit: I made the blue background dark grey and more transparent. The only thing I have to figure out is how to change the font of the text to black so it is more legible. Other than that. Let me know and I'll make whatever changes are needed.
    Last edited by gdd2010; 04-20-2013 at 11:40 AM.

  10. #148
    My iPhone is a Part of Me gdd2010's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    in a barred spiral galaxy on the Cepheus-Draco border
    Posts
    627
    Thanks
    266
    Thanked 373 Times in 231 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by rwightiis View Post
    Awesome! Thanks so much! So I just put this in the NextGen icons folder through iFile and it will replace the standard icon with this one?
    That's how it should work. Just make sure it is named the same way. I don't have it as I use XBMC. but, if you need the info on the icon... Download Appinfo from Cydia (free) and it will give you correct naming of the icon.

    Screeny of the SBSettings so far:

    ImageUploadedByModMyi1366484280.221196.jpg
    Last edited by gdd2010; 04-20-2013 at 01:58 PM.

  11. #149
    iPhone? More like MyPhone Xpress690's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Luanda, Angola
    Posts
    127
    Thanks
    61
    Thanked 11 Times in 7 Posts

    Hi all
    Loving he theme so far.... having trouble activating the Weather on LS and HomeScreenn...they donīt show at all

    Thanks for an excelent work
    Paul
    Paulo Santos
    vIsIt ThE aZoReS

  12. #150
    Is this optimized for iphone 5?

  13. #151
    The theme still lags even on the low setting. Anything I can do to make it faster?

  14. #152
    My iPhone is a Part of Me gdd2010's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    in a barred spiral galaxy on the Cepheus-Draco border
    Posts
    627
    Thanks
    266
    Thanked 373 Times in 231 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by AlucardTheVamp View Post
    The theme still lags even on the low setting. Anything I can do to make it faster?
    Turn some mobile substrate add-ons off. I turned off Springtomize and lag disappeared. Plus ram use went down as well.

    If your available ram is below 130 mb, it will lag some. I run fine with about 210 to 250 mb avail.
    Last edited by gdd2010; 04-20-2013 at 10:39 PM.

  15. #153
    hey sir groovycarrot. there are some bugs on my nextgenui3. my lock screen is still the lock screen from iphone. and the dialer is still from the original iphone. it seems it is not themed. what seems to be the problem? please rply and thanks. this theme is so amazing. its like i have a phone like tony stark. lol. im a big fan of iron man. haha. so godbless on this theme! and to you!

  16. #154
    My iPhone is a Part of Me gdd2010's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    in a barred spiral galaxy on the Cepheus-Draco border
    Posts
    627
    Thanks
    266
    Thanked 373 Times in 231 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by paolodc07 View Post
    hey sir groovycarrot. there are some bugs on my nextgenui3. my lock screen is still the lock screen from iphone. and the dialer is still from the original iphone. it seems it is not themed. what seems to be the problem? please rply and thanks. this theme is so amazing. its like i have a phone like tony stark. lol. im a big fan of iron man. haha. so godbless on this theme! and to you!
    Make sure you have the Winterboard themes "NexGenUI3" and "NextGenUILock" running. Those have the lockscreen theming (Dreamboard has a bug that wont theme lockscreen in 6.1) and the Theme for NextGen has the bundle packages to theme you ui for phone, chat, etc.,..
    Last edited by gdd2010; 04-21-2013 at 08:19 AM.

  17. #155
    Evil Genius Developer GroovyCarrot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Liverpool, United Kingdom
    Posts
    552
    Thanks
    101
    Thanked 2,147 Times in 472 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by paolodc07 View Post
    hey sir groovycarrot. there are some bugs on my nextgenui3. my lock screen is still the lock screen from iphone. and the dialer is still from the original iphone. it seems it is not themed. what seems to be the problem? please rply and thanks. this theme is so amazing. its like i have a phone like tony stark. lol. im a big fan of iron man. haha. so godbless on this theme! and to you!
    As gd said, make sure you've got your Winterboard themes applied

    Quote Originally Posted by ISRT5I View Post
    Is this optimized for iphone 5?
    Not yet sorry, I will get on it at some point
    Quote Originally Posted by AlucardTheVamp View Post
    The theme still lags even on the low setting. Anything I can do to make it faster?
    Make sure you disable any springboard addon you've got because they will be using up pointless RAM while you're using dreamboard
    Last edited by GroovyCarrot; 04-21-2013 at 09:22 AM.

  18. The Following User Says Thank You to GroovyCarrot For This Useful Post:

    Alfroggy (07-15-2013)

  19. #156
    My iPhone is a Part of Me gdd2010's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    in a barred spiral galaxy on the Cepheus-Draco border
    Posts
    627
    Thanks
    266
    Thanked 373 Times in 231 Posts

    Groovy, Ill send you a copy of the SBSettings theme if you want. I still have some more changes to do, but could use some ideas from you for better visibility.

  20. #157
    Evil Genius Developer GroovyCarrot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Liverpool, United Kingdom
    Posts
    552
    Thanks
    101
    Thanked 2,147 Times in 472 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by gdd2010 View Post
    Groovy, Ill send you a copy of the SBSettings theme if you want. I still have some more changes to do, but could use some ideas from you for better visibility.
    Hey looks good! I'll definitely get on one with an Auxo theme when I get a chance to sit down with it again

    ... I say I haven't got time to do this but to be honest I've been trying to revise and end up playing around with this haha

  21. The Following User Says Thank You to GroovyCarrot For This Useful Post:

    gdd2010 (04-21-2013)

  22. #158
    My iPhone is a Part of Me gdd2010's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    in a barred spiral galaxy on the Cepheus-Draco border
    Posts
    627
    Thanks
    266
    Thanked 373 Times in 231 Posts

    Ill go ahead and upload to the Dropbox account. Anyone can try it out if they want.

  23. #159
    Quote Originally Posted by gdd2010 View Post
    Make sure you have the Winterboard themes "NexGenUI3" and "NextGenUILock" running. Those have the lockscreen theming (Dreamboard has a bug that wont theme lockscreen in 6.1) and the Theme for NextGen has the bundle packages to theme you ui for phone, chat, etc.,..
    i have applied them. but still dont work. the themes for messages/chat is ok. and in other parts of the phone that's themed. only in lock screen and in dialler screen. it seems not to work. or not themed. i have applied the nextgenui and nextgenui in lockscreen in winter board. and i have ios 6.1.3

  24. #160
    Evil Genius Developer GroovyCarrot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Liverpool, United Kingdom
    Posts
    552
    Thanks
    101
    Thanked 2,147 Times in 472 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by paolodc07 View Post
    i have applied them. but still dont work. the themes for messages/chat is ok. and in other parts of the phone that's themed. only in lock screen and in dialler screen. it seems not to work. or not themed. i have applied the nextgenui and nextgenui in lockscreen in winter board. and i have ios 6.1.3
    Hmm, make sure Summerboard mode is off? Though I haven't had any complaints from anyone else running 6.1.3 so I don't think it's a problem with the version :/

  25. The Following User Says Thank You to GroovyCarrot For This Useful Post:

    Alfroggy (07-15-2013)

Page 8 of 54 FirstFirst ... 678910 18 ... LastLast
Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •