+ Reply
Page 6 of 53 FirstFirst ... 45678 16 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: NextGenUI [A HD Theme]

is a discussion within the

iPhone 4|4S New Skins / Themes Launches

forums, a part of the

New Skins / Themes Launches

section;
Originally Posted by Sk37cH Are you theming exclusively through dreamboard? I'm not sure how it works exactly, but I know some dreamboard themes use elements inside WB. If you're using
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,359 Times in 364 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Sk37cH View Post
    Are you theming exclusively through dreamboard? I'm not sure how it works exactly, but I know some dreamboard themes use elements inside WB. If you're using WB, the default image goes inside a folder called "Fallback" in the root of your theme. Thank you.
    Ah fantastic, I had no idea! I just ran a test and it works great, just add the Fallback folder in the root of NextGenUI.theme and then move [email protected] into it and it applies over all the apps.

Also I just noticed a bug, I always wipe the theme off my device and reinstall from cydia to test properly - something I've noticed is the ChatKitUI bubbles have an alpha image problem, which I suspect happened when I extracted the optimised images :/ I'll patch that bug quickly for you guys and patch the loading screens while I'm there

Quote Originally Posted by udiflpb View Post
    Never mind I didn't look at right thing everything is alright in the connection tab but what is that thing when I slide up
    It's mainly just a help tab and you can get to the configure button, I have better plans for this tab in future

2. The Following User Says Thank You to GroovyCarrot For This Useful Post:

Alfroggy (07-15-2013)

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by GroovyCarrot View Post
    Ah fantastic, I had no idea! I just ran a test and it works great, just add the Fallback folder in the root of NextGenUI.theme and then move [email protected] into it and it applies over all the apps.

Also I just noticed a bug, I always wipe the theme off my device and reinstall from cydia to test properly - something I've noticed is the ChatKitUI bubbles have an alpha image problem, which I suspect happened when I extracted the optimised images :/ I'll patch that bug quickly for you guys and patch the loading screens while I'm there

It's mainly just a help tab and you can get to the configure button, I have better plans for this tab in future
    thanx i love what you did great job !!!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by GroovyCarrot View Post
    Just swipe down from near the top of the screen to reach your connections: phone, messages, email and Internet, also settings is reachable from there

Yeah it is a ball ache :/ tell you what will be useful: when you're in edit mode and you're changing an icon, the list has all the bundle id's
    Yeah I know, that's the easy part, it's the "default-(app)@2x" that is tricky

---never mind!

Can you put your icons in the Ngui.theme? Like if you go to settings or a notification,when it says you have a text and has the green sms...
    It would look cool if that had your icons...
    I'm using a buffer theme (I think it's "iPixhd tech") but it doesn't look as good as it could
    Last edited by tmessy; 04-17-2013 at 08:25 AM.

Thanks
    Thanked 4,800 Times in 1,169 Posts

I'll just clarify one thing, because I've done a few community icons, and I've noticed Popcap games don't like being themed via WB. This includes icons and loaders. There's a workaround, but its a pain. So if your an avid user of these apps, you're likely to see the app force close on launch

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Sk37cH For This Useful Post:

Alfroggy (07-15-2013)

My iPhone is a Part of Me gdd2010's Avatar
    in a barred spiral galaxy on the Cepheus-Draco border
    Thanks

Last edited by gdd2010; 04-17-2013 at 08:46 AM.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Sk37cH View Post
    I'll just clarify one thing, because I've done a few community icons, and I've noticed Popcap games don't like being themed via WB. This includes icons and loaders. There's a workaround, but its a pain. So if your an avid user of these apps, you're likely to see the app force close on launch
    Ah there's always a catch, I'll leave it in Fallback but if I get bug complaints I will patch it, icons are themed via dreamboard so nothing in the bundle is modified so I can assume there will be no issue

Quote Originally Posted by gdd2010 View Post
    You need to name it as the name is shows up on the dreamboard, ie. to skin music app you need to have [email protected] in the icons folder in Dreamboard/NextGenUI3 - so I'm guessing [email protected] should do it

Also wrote a script to resample all the @2x images to 50% for i3 devices so I'll update for i3 compatibility since I can do that quick

Thanks

On a sidenote: LOVE the "..."
    Like when someone is typing on a message...
    So cool

10. The Following User Says Thank You to tmessy For This Useful Post:

GroovyCarrot (04-17-2013)

Thanks

Renamed OPlayer any way I could and still no dice. I don't understand how it doesn't theme. Grrrrr!!!!

Thanks

Thanks

That's where input it. I even cleaned the icon cache. Hmmmm.

Thanks

That's where input it. I even cleaned the icon cache. Hmmmm.
    Hmm, what device are you using? maybe try just naming it OPlayer.png ?

Thanks

4S. I always have issues with icons not theming correctly.

Thanks

Hmmm, the only thing I can think of is that it would be a cache problem if the icon is named correctly. The icon name needs to be exactly as the icon is labelled on the dashboard: ie OPlayer or oPlayer :/ Not sure what the problem is otherwise?

Thanks

Can you put icons to winter board so it themes notification stuff?
    I'm using "iPixHD tech1" as a buffer theme behind all the ngui to fully theme phone, and its just not "perfect"...
    (I know I'm picky)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by tmessy View Post
    Can you put icons to winter board so it themes notification stuff?
    I'm using "iPixHD tech1" as a buffer theme behind all the ngui to fully theme phone, and its just not "perfect"...
    (I know I'm picky)
    You can do, I did notice it to be honest and I did want to do better job of the notification centre, just being pushed for time meant I had to cut a few corners before the release and just patch them up later on - I will have it all themed up in a future update but for now I don't have any time to sit down with it. That said, it's 5am and I've just sent update 3.2 off to MMI because there's a few bugs that I decided I'd just get out since they'd been there since v1 _ Also fully integrated server functionality with 'Push' notifications, I'm guessing MMI will get round to approving it tomorrow

Thanks

Someone remind me... Can I delete the "current.plst" then copy and change the "NextGenUI.plst" and rename it to current; will thus destroy the theme or maybe fix my icon theming issue?
    I remember something about some DB themes that this was a fix, no?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Hi, I paid for ur theme but how come the one I have is like the one u posted above the first one and not the other type like the ones in the video? I'm using 4s

Thanks

Someone remind me... Can I delete the "current.plst" then copy and change the "NextGenUI.plst" and rename it to current; will thus destroy the theme or maybe fix my icon theming issue?
    I remember something about some DB themes that this was a fix, no?
    Current.plist saves the icon layout on the board and variables that the theme uses, you can delete it and NextGenUI.plist is the original theme layout - when you delete Current.plist, dreamboard will load from the original layout however it has nothing to do with the icons themselves, more just positioning information :/
    If you want to send me a screenshot of the problem I might be able to help more but at the moment I can only guess icon theming issues have something to do with icons not being named correctly or the cache not being deleted?

Quote Originally Posted by Kenny212 View Post
    Hi, I paid for ur theme but how come the one I have is like the one u posted above the first one and not the other type like the ones in the video? I'm using 4s
    Hey what video are you referring to? Do you mean you have an older version of the theme?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Older version..? Let me see, it says 3.0.1 lol and after seeing the screenshots I'm guessing its the old one huh How can I get the latest one?

Thanks

3.0.1 is the latest version, where did you download the theme from?