+ Reply
Page 5 of 54 FirstFirst ... 34567 15 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: NextGenUI [A HD Theme]

is a discussion within the

iPhone 4|4S New Skins / Themes Launches

forums, a part of the

New Skins / Themes Launches

section;
    Evil Genius Developer GroovyCarrot's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,112 Times in 464 Posts

Right then I've really disliked all the lockscreens that I've been coming up with so I decided I'd just spend a couple of hours on it and do something really cool looking, I'm guessing this kind of thing appeals to everyone using this theme? Let me know what you guys think

Also I've done loading screens, I'd post it but it's basically just a black screen with a small couple of circles next to "initialising" at the bottom. And turns out imgur isn't letting me upload now so I can't post any more pictures _ well I'm tired so I'm going to sleep on it tonight and finish it off maybe in the morning, only a few things left to do now

2. The Following User Says Thank You to GroovyCarrot For This Useful Post:

Alfroggy (07-15-2013)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by GroovyCarrot View Post
    Right then I've really disliked all the lockscreens that I've been coming up with so I decided I'd just spend a couple of hours on it and do something really cool looking, I'm guessing this kind of thing appeals to everyone using this theme? Let me know what you guys think

Also I've done loading screens, I'd post it but it's basically just a black screen with a small couple of circles next to "initialising" at the bottom. And turns out imgur isn't letting me upload now so I can't post any more pictures _ well I'm tired so I'm going to sleep on it tonight and finish it off maybe in the morning, only a few things left to do now
    Don't waste them, they could be gold...
    Release them as extras?
    Idk?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by tmessy View Post
    Release them as extras?
    Idk?
    I might do, I haven't really kept any of them but I could always do some more.

Here's the board so far

Still need to add a couple of places to the menu, got another feature I want to implement before release

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to GroovyCarrot For This Useful Post:

Alfroggy (07-15-2013), gdd2010 (04-15-2013)

Green Apple
    Thanks

I might do, I haven't really kept any of them but I could always do some more.

Here's the board so far

Still need to add a couple of places to the menu, got another feature I want to implement before release
    **** me !!!!!
    very very nice i cant wait for the release!
    good job !!!

Thanks

Well I'm suitably exhausted, let me know what you guys think then, I'm gonna package it up and send it to MMI

8. The Following User Says Thank You to GroovyCarrot For This Useful Post:

Alfroggy (07-15-2013)

Green Apple
    Thanks

Well I'm suitably exhausted, let me know what you guys think then, I'm gonna package it up and send it to MMI
    very very nice !!!

My iPhone is a Part of Me gdd2010's Avatar
    in a barred spiral galaxy on the Cepheus-Draco border
    Thanks

Release them as extras?
    Idk?
    That would be a good idea. Charge like 99 for a pack?

Great job! Can't wait for the update. Also, is BiteSMS themed as well? If not, I'll toy around with copying the bundle. Oh, and for some reason, biteSMS icon won't theme. I always have this issue. Grrrrrr.
    Last edited by gdd2010; 04-15-2013 at 01:32 PM.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by gdd2010 View Post

Great job! Can't wait for the update. Also, is BiteSMS themed as well? If not, I'll toy around with copying the bundle. Oh, and for some reason, biteSMS icon won't theme. I always have this issue. Grrrrrr.
    Could do, to be honest if I did a few I'd put them up for free but at the moment I really need to start revising for my exams or I'm failing this year aha. Try deleting the cached icons and also i found that "BiteSMS.png" won't theme but "biteSMS.png" will so remember the first letter lower caps!

Excited to see what everyone makes of the NGUI3!

-Also I haven't themed biteSMS since I don't use it but I will do an update for you guys when I get a chance since I realise it's popular. When I did use it there was like a matte black theme that went alright with NGUI but I will do a proper one. Feel free to rip the bubbles out of ChatKitUI.framework
    Last edited by GroovyCarrot; 04-15-2013 at 01:51 PM.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by gdd2010 View Post

If you get bitesms to theme, let me know.
    I'll tinker when the update come out....

Thanks

Right just had the email from MMI so you should all get the update within a couple of hours guys, let me know what you think!

iPhone? More like MyPhone kenboyles72's Avatar
    Thanks

looks good m8

Thanks

Right just had the email from MMI so you should all get the update within a couple of hours guys, let me know what you think!
    Looks amazing!!!
    The up and down swipes are hard to activate though...-
    Also: some apps crash (ie snapchat)

And how do you put the loading screens to activate for ALL apps??

I know this is picky but GREAT job!!!

Thanks

Looks amazing!!!
    The up and down swipes are hard to activate though...-
    Also: some apps crash (ie snapchat)

And how do you put the loading screens to activate for ALL apps??

I know this is picky but GREAT job!!!
    Thanks for the feedback, I agree the swipes can be a tad temperamental, I did everything I could do reduce bugs but to activate the swipes you don't need to swipe right from the top at the status bar you just need to swipe from around underneath the status bar, same applies from the bottom of the screen since swiping down on the status bar brings up the notification centre and I have auxo applied for swiping up from the bottom - speaking of which, I brought auxo yesterday and I like it but it does need to be themed up in the next update.

As for snapchat crashing I can't definitely say that it's ngui, I just tried to download it but itunes is hating on me today so I can't test it - if you disable the winterboard themes and leave dreamboard does the problem persist?

- Oh and for the loading screens I did throw [email protected] in the root of NextGenUI.theme but it doesn't apply it globally, it seems you need to create separate bundles for each application AND have separate Default-(screen)@2x.png 's for each screen so there's not much I can do across all the apps
    Last edited by GroovyCarrot; 04-16-2013 at 05:23 PM.

My iPhone is a Part of Me gdd2010's Avatar
    in a barred spiral galaxy on the Cepheus-Draco border
    Thanks

Love it!!! Great Job! The config menu access is great. The animations are stunning as well. 10 apps for the wheekl and the icons are just the right size. Perfecto!!!

I do have to say, despite having the scrollable icon table on the home screen, I do miss the 4 small icons on the left. But, I can dig this. Oh, biteSMS is themed as well, too! Great one!

Green Apple
    Thanks

Loving the new update but I didn't understand what is the connection tab what am i supose to with it can Someone help me ?

Thanks

Thanks for the feedback, I agree the swipes can be a tad temperamental, I did everything I could do reduce bugs but to activate the swipes you don't need to swipe right from the top at the status bar you just need to swipe from around underneath the status bar, same applies from the bottom of the screen since swiping down on the status bar brings up the notification centre and I have auxo applied for swiping up from the bottom - speaking of which, I brought auxo yesterday and I like it but it does need to be themed up in the next update.

As for snapchat crashing I can't definitely say that it's ngui, I just tried to download it but itunes is hating on me today so I can't test it - if you disable the winterboard themes and leave dreamboard does the problem persist?

- Oh and for the loading screens I did throw [email protected] in the root of NextGenUI.theme but it doesn't apply it globally, it seems you need to create separate bundles for each application AND have separate Default-(screen)@2x.png 's for each screen so there's not much I can do across all the apps
    I redownloaded snapchat and it works fine now!

Ok, I'm tinkering around with how to get some of my apps with loading screens, kinda difficult to find the perfect file path (lowercase and uppercase, etc.)

Wish there was a way to just apply the loading screen to EVERYTHING!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by udiflpb View Post
    Loving the new update but I didn't understand what is the connection tab what am i supose to with it can Someone help me ?
    Just swipe down from near the top of the screen to reach your connections: phone, messages, email and Internet, also settings is reachable from there

I redownloaded snapchat and it works fine now!

Ok, I'm tinkering around with how to get some of my apps with loading screens, kinda difficult to find the perfect file path (lowercase and uppercase, etc.)

Wish there was a way to just apply the loading screen to EVERYTHING!
    Yeah it is a ball ache :/ tell you what will be useful: when you're in edit mode and you're changing an icon, the list has all the bundle id's

21. The Following User Says Thank You to GroovyCarrot For This Useful Post:

Alfroggy (07-15-2013)

Green Apple
    Thanks

Just swipe down from near the top of the screen to reach your connections: phone, messages, email and Internet, also settings is reachable from there

Yeah it is a ball ache :/ tell you what will be useful: when you're in edit mode and you're changing an icon, the list has all the bundle id's
    But I don't have nothing in the connection tab

Thanks
    Thanked 7,178 Times in 1,663 Posts

Oh and for the loading screens I did throw "[email protected]" in the root of NextGenUI.theme but it doesn't apply it globally, it seems you need to create separate bundles for each application AND have separate Default-(screen)@2x.png 's for each screen so there's not much I can do across all the apps
    Are you theming exclusively through dreamboard? I'm not sure how it works exactly, but I know some dreamboard themes use elements inside WB. If you're using WB, the default image goes inside a folder called "Fallback" in the root of your theme. Thank you.

24. The Following User Says Thank You to Sk37cH For This Useful Post:

Alfroggy (07-15-2013)

Green Apple
    Thanks

Never mind I didn't look at right thing everything is alright in the connection tab but what is that thing when I slide up