Page 44 of 54 FirstFirst ... 344243444546 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: NextGenUI [A HD Theme]

My iPhone is a Part of Me gdd2010's Avatar
    in a barred spiral galaxy on the Cepheus-Draco border
    Thanks

2. The Following User Says Thank You to gdd2010 For This Useful Post:

Alfroggy (01-27-2014)

Quote Originally Posted by gdd2010 View Post
    Very cool!

Check out WW2 for iOS 8 - Widget-Weather 2.0

4. The Following User Says Thank You to King_O_Hill For This Useful Post:

Alfroggy (01-27-2014)

Quote Originally Posted by Krima View Post
    My general rule with NextGenUI is to use iCleaner Pro to disable all Springboard tweaks like iconoclasm, gridlock, folder enhancer, etc before activating this theme. You can do this by disabling the mobile substrate extensions.

This will free up system resources and reduce unnecessary conflicts. It may also help it run better.
    iCleaner Pro? I have iCleaner...but I don't see any options to enable/disable substrate extensions. To date, I'm still using SBSettings to do that, but would welcome suggestions for another tool to do the same.

Quote Originally Posted by gdd2010 View Post
    Nice...I would love to get my hands on some of these alternative themes.
    Last edited by Freakdog; 01-25-2014 at 07:29 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Freakdog View Post
    iCleaner Pro? I have iCleaner...but I don't see any options to enable/disable substrate extensions. To date, I'm still using SBSettings to do that, but would welcome suggestions for another tool to do the same.
    Saurik asked the developer of SBS Settings to disable the mobile substrate toggles in SB in iOS 6. They were taken out. Not sure how you still have a version with those toggles. But if you're interested in iCleanerPro with those same toggles.. Add this repo in Cydia:
    exile90software.com/cydia/
    Here to help if I can. If I can't I know someone who can!

7. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to NewdestinyX For This Useful Post:

Alfroggy (01-27-2014), King_O_Hill (01-25-2014), mcooper (01-25-2014)

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Simon For This Useful Post:

King_O_Hill (01-26-2014)

Evil Genius Developer GroovyCarrot's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,200 Times in 481 Posts

Just posting this here: my beta repo is up and running and will provide an update for NextGenUI if you have had NGUI already signed by the server (does this automatically on first run) so feel free to add:
    betarepo.groovycarrot.co.uk (@GroovyCarrot's Beta Repository)
    Into cydia and enjoy while I patch the last few things and finish up before public release, feedback on here would be appreciated as my inbox gets raped daily now

11. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to GroovyCarrot For This Useful Post:

Alfroggy (01-27-2014), DannyZ83 (01-26-2014), Hip5 (02-01-2014), King_O_Hill (01-26-2014), Simon (01-27-2014), TEK_2012 (01-26-2014)

Thanks

Default Camera app crash
    Quote Originally Posted by GroovyCarrot View Post
    Just posting this here: my beta repo is up and running and will provide an update for NextGenUI if you have had NGUI already signed by the server (does this automatically on first run) so feel free to add:
    betarepo.groovycarrot.co.uk (@GroovyCarrot's Beta Repository)
    Into cydia and enjoy while I patch the last few things and finish up before public release, feedback on here would be appreciated as my inbox gets raped daily now
    Beautiful work, Groovy. You've made my phone fun again.

Everything is running smoothly with the new update except that my camera app keeps crashing after taking the first photo (no issues when NextGenUI isn't running.)

Thanks for all the hard work.

EDIT:
    iPhone 4s
    FW: 5.0.02
    iOS: 7.0.4
    Last edited by mcgeeme; 01-27-2014 at 03:21 PM. Reason: forgot specs

13. The Following User Says Thank You to mcgeeme For This Useful Post:

GroovyCarrot (01-27-2014)

I don't have any problems with this new update either so far. A lot smoother even with animations on my iphone 4

15. The Following User Says Thank You to DannyZ83 For This Useful Post:

GroovyCarrot (01-27-2014)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by mcgeeme View Post
    Beautiful work, Groovy. You've made my phone fun again.

Everything is running smoothly with the new update except that my camera app keeps crashing after taking the first photo (no issues when NextGenUI isn't running.)

Thanks for all the hard work.

EDIT:
    iPhone 4s
    FW: 5.0.02
    iOS: 7.0.4
    You're not the only one actually but it is a random one, possibly a conflict, possibly too much memory consumption but my iPhone 4 manages with like minimal tweaks running. Of course will look into the problem!

-- Infact, you'd do me a huge favour if you install CrashReporter off Cydia and go into your camera app to crash it - open up CrashReporter and send me both the crash log and the syslog please? It's very important I get the syslog to solve this issue just to note
    Last edited by GroovyCarrot; 01-27-2014 at 08:54 PM.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to GroovyCarrot For This Useful Post:

mcgeeme (01-28-2014)

Thanks

You're not the only one actually but it is a random one, possibly a conflict, possibly too much memory consumption but my iPhone 4 manages with like minimal tweaks running. Of course will look into the problem!

-- Infact, you'd do me a huge favour if you install CrashReporter off Cydia and go into your camera app to crash it - open up CrashReporter and send me both the crash log and the syslog please? It's very important I get the syslog to solve this issue just to note
    Well, technically, the camera app doesn't crash. After I take a picture the screen goes blank and never returns to preview mode - but the app never crashes. Crash Reporter isn't generating any reports. If I enter multitasking mode by double clicking the home button and select the camera app - I can get it back to preview mode, take one more picture and back to the blank screen again. Weird.

If there is something else I can do to help, please let me know.

Thanks

Just caught a glimpse of D1LL1NG3R's EM1TT3R theme in the works. Wow, do I feel insufficient with my PS work. Hios work is sharp and pretty much puts NextGen over the top!

Thanks

Well, after speaking with D1LL1NG3R, I realize what I was missing from my theme. First, I'm gonna change the name. Second. Depth.... Makes a huge difference:
    -img_0539.png
    -img_0540.png

Hope it gets better!

21. The Following User Says Thank You to gdd2010 For This Useful Post:

King_O_Hill (01-28-2014)

Thanks

One more issue I thought I'd mention - the icon color tweak in the upgrade from 4.2.8 is now causing the badge indicators to blend in with the icons making them unreadable. I can't for the life of me figure out how to fix this. Probably very simple but so am I.

-image.png

23. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mcgeeme For This Useful Post:

King_O_Hill (01-28-2014), Krima (01-28-2014)

He is aware of that issue and thanks for confirming that it wasn't just an isolated issue.

25. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Krima For This Useful Post:

Alfroggy (01-28-2014), King_O_Hill (01-28-2014), mcgeeme (01-28-2014)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

So, is there a fix for this black screen issue that I'm having, or should I send a crash report, because I really liked this for the few minutes that I had it and I want to get it working again.

P.S. Are the crash reports those panic.plist files in the about page in the settings?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by benjaboy360 View Post
    So, is there a fix for this black screen issue that I'm having, or should I send a crash report, because I really liked this for the few minutes that I had it and I want to get it working again.

P.S. Are the crash reports those panic.plist files in the about page in the settings?
    Are you sure it's a black screen and not just NGUI without active UI? Try using the app switcher to give it a kick, it is a bug I am working on =/ Also I have fixed the notification problem for the next update

28. The Following User Says Thank You to GroovyCarrot For This Useful Post:

King_O_Hill (01-29-2014)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Are you sure it's a black screen and not just NGUI without active UI? Try using the app switcher to give it a kick, it is a bug I am working on =/ Also I have fixed the notification problem for the next update
    Ok I didnt think of that, I will try it out. Thanks!

UPDATE: I tried it and it is an actual black screen. It goes to this black screen for a bit, then goes to the apple logo for about the same amount of time, and just keeps cycling through this.
    Last edited by benjaboy360; 01-29-2014 at 06:17 PM. Reason: Update

Hi groovy, purchased your theme and absolutely love it, I have 1 bone to pick though, why does it often take up to 5 seconds for apps to launch when I tap a node? Im using an iphone 5s and have uninstalled a ton of tweaks that I thought May be conflicting, bio protect is the main one I want to keep running I hope that's not the problem... I feel the app launching could be snappier, will see how long I can deal with it but it is aggravating, thanks - Dan

Quote Originally Posted by shinodan View Post
    Hi groovy, purchased your theme and absolutely love it, I have 1 bone to pick though, why does it often take up to 5 seconds for apps to launch when I tap a node? Im using an iphone 5s and have uninstalled a ton of tweaks that I thought May be conflicting, bio protect is the main one I want to keep running I hope that's not the problem... I feel the app launching could be snappier, will see how long I can deal with it but it is aggravating, thanks - Dan
    This is a known bug. And has gotten a LOT quicker since original launch. Are you on the most recent version?
    Here to help if I can. If I can't I know someone who can!

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Ok, I installed bootstrap from the repo posted on page 34 of this forum topic and it worked. I think the reason it crashed was because I had too many nodes.

Page 44 of 54 FirstFirst ... 344243444546 ... LastLast