Page 4 of 54 FirstFirst ... 23456 14 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: NextGenUI [A HD Theme]

Quote Originally Posted by GroovyCarrot View Post
    The mods I've have made through the UI and stock apps follow a solid black/white theme, there's a few kinks to work out mainly at the moment with tables - I might also do loading images as they shouldn't be too hard to do. It shouldn't be a problem for me to add 2 more placeholders to the wheel, also I want to replace the calendar icon with a live calendar widget but that will mean that it is fixed to the wheel and cannot be changed but I guess with 2 more placeholders on the wheel it might not be a problem? Let me know what you guys think

I'm going to release the icons as white in the update as it's a more compatible colour with customisation - also might implement background colouring depending on RAM usage but I get the feeling it will complete the theme nicely and remove the blue colour completely if people don't like it
    Can't wait!

My iPhone is a Part of Me gdd2010's Avatar
    in a barred spiral galaxy on the Cepheus-Draco border
    Thanks

I posted a link to a Dropbox account with pass and access for anyone here. Ill try to get some icons up as well. Also, if anyone has any they want to put there... go for it.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to gdd2010 For This Useful Post:

tmessy (04-07-2013)

Thanks

The mods I've have made through the UI and stock apps follow a solid black/white theme, there's a few kinks to work out mainly at the moment with tables - I might also do loading images as they shouldn't be too hard to do. It shouldn't be a problem for me to add 2 more placeholders to the wheel, also I want to replace the calendar icon with a live calendar widget but that will mean that it is fixed to the wheel and cannot be changed but I guess with 2 more placeholders on the wheel it might not be a problem? Let me know what you guys think

I'm going to release the icons as white in the update as it's a more compatible colour with customisation - also might implement background colouring depending on RAM usage but I get the feeling it will complete the theme nicely and remove the blue colour completely if people don't like it
    Great! Also, If you release the icons as white, could you put a slight "glow" just as the server connection images? That I think would make a huge difference. Again, keep up the great work. I'm just tinkering and seeing what I can think of.

Hey thanks very much for the suggestion, I've sent an email to him so I'll see what comes out of it - I don't really know if anything will, cydia seems quite unmanaged in the sense that some of the content is like pre-2011, but I'll remain hopeful

I understand what you are saying, to be honest I put a lot of work into the menu before I released the initial version and haven't touched it since, despite having several thoughts to revisit it. I planned to add more icons from 8 to 12, making them a tad smaller and removing the back of the icons - the back of the icons was actually for another feature that never got implemented but I plan on working on in NextGenUI3. The Spinning menu kind of serves at the dock in this theme but was never the original intention so expect complete improvements to the UI in the next version.

I realise the icon colour might not be to preference but dreamboard doesn't offer much in the way of icon customisation, something I like to do in my work is add full user preference support - I have some real neat ideas for offering icon customisation for the update so if you'll bare with me for the update I think I have something that will meet your needs
    Just when making loading screens, don't put "next gen" on it... Just make it simple and elegant...
    Cause when loading screens have the theme name on it, it seems more cheesy...
    Take the loading screens from Neurotech and Prestige HD for example... Perfect...
    That is all...

(Keep it simple, less is more!)

My setup at the moment (most complete feel):

ImageUploadedByModMyi1365406240.060332.jpg
    Last edited by tmessy; 04-08-2013 at 01:30 AM.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to tmessy For This Useful Post:

Alfroggy (07-15-2013)

Evil Genius Developer GroovyCarrot's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,138 Times in 470 Posts

Let me know what you think I've still got some kinks to work out and a few bits and bobs to finish

Let me know what you think I've still got some kinks to work out and a few bits and bobs to finish
    Yes!!!!!!
    Is that mod for chrome?

Thanks

That mod is for safari since I don't have chrome - I did try and install chrome a month or so ago but there was a jailbreak bug at the time, I'll get chrome and do a skin for that maybe since I know it's popular
    Also the lockscreen + clock, the Clockscreen will be redesigned to look nicer before the update

10. The Following User Says Thank You to GroovyCarrot For This Useful Post:

Alfroggy (07-15-2013)

That mod is for safari since I don't have chrome - I did try and install chrome a month or so ago but there was a jailbreak bug at the time, I'll get chrome and do a skin for that maybe since I know it's popular
    Also the lockscreen + clock, the Clockscreen will be redesigned to look nicer before the update
    This is going to be epic
    Legend

Thanks for listening

Thanks

SWEET!!! I'm definitely down with this! Keep it up!

Theme is looking"Groovy", lol. Liking the changes so far.

Thanks

OK... had time to really look at the images on a computer screen (looks better than on my phone). Only thing... Can you apply a "glow" like mask on the white of the dialer buttons like the icons from Neurotech? I think it makes them look "alive." If you know what I mean?

You should try to implement a "hidden feature", that not everyone knows and is pretty cool and futuristic...

Also can you give us the icon mask and what you did to the icons so we can make our own icons if you didn't?

Thanks

@tmessy, I think he posted a pic of the color and size of the icons in the OP. However, since he is redesigning them... that would be good. That way we can make the icons instead of adding a greater load to the design.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by gdd2010 View Post
    OK... had time to really look at the images on a computer screen (looks better than on my phone). Only thing... Can you apply a "glow" like mask on the white of the dialer buttons like the icons from Neurotech? I think it makes them look "alive." If you know what I mean?
    I'll have a look and see what I can do, I have had second thoughts about it and thought I want to bring it out of the screen more

Quote Originally Posted by tmessy View Post
    You should try to implement a "hidden feature", that not everyone knows and is pretty cool and futuristic...

Also can you give us the icon mask and what you did to the icons so we can make our own icons if you didn't?
    There's an icon design rule in the top post but I'll update it for you guys

18. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to GroovyCarrot For This Useful Post:

Alfroggy (07-15-2013), gdd2010 (04-10-2013)

Thanks

Had some thoughts on loading screen so I'll be doing those too, I've just had a look at chrome and I already prefer it to safari so I'll skin that one up

20. The Following User Says Thank You to GroovyCarrot For This Useful Post:

gdd2010 (04-10-2013)

Had some thoughts on loading screen so I'll be doing those too, I've just had a look at chrome and I already prefer it to safari so I'll skin that one up
    Update on the progress?

Thanks

Haven't had any time to sit down with it yet and I doubt I'll have much time until Sunday - though with some luck I should be able to finish it all Sunday night since there's just a few things that need doing

23. The Following User Says Thank You to GroovyCarrot For This Useful Post:

Alfroggy (07-15-2013)

Haven't had any time to sit down with it yet and I doubt I'll have much time until Sunday - though with some luck I should be able to finish it all Sunday night since there's just a few things that need doing
    No worries mate,
    Just seeing whats up.

Thanks

Getting some work done now, redesigned the lockscreen

I can't seem to find the keyboard background image which is causing minor annoyance at the moment but apart from that there's just a few things that need to be skinned up before the update which are UIPopover and UICallout, I have thrown in some sounds but winterboard doesn't seem to work those, either way I'll leave them in for anyone who wants to use them otherwise. Also need to finish the dreamboard, I've had some more ideas which I will write in before the update so with some luck and hard work tonight I should be able to get it sent off to modmyi for processing.

Getting some work done now, redesigned the lockscreen

I can't seem to find the keyboard background image which is causing minor annoyance at the moment but apart from that there's just a few things that need to be skinned up before the update which are UIPopover and UICallout, I have thrown in some sounds but winterboard doesn't seem to work those, either way I'll leave them in for anyone who wants to use them otherwise. Also need to finish the dreamboard, I've had some more ideas which I will write in before the update so with some luck and hard work tonight I should be able to get it sent off to modmyi for processing.
    Yes!!
    And on the sad day where my blues lose to man city...
    One piece of good news

Thanks mate

Page 4 of 54 FirstFirst ... 23456 14 ... LastLast