Page 36 of 54 FirstFirst ... 263435363738 46 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: NextGenUI [A HD Theme]

Quote Originally Posted by mcooper View Post
    On stuff like this the artstudio app works fine, as long as you don't resize much. But PS is preferred, you can make it cleaner. Not sure what I used on the icons I shared. I made them for the original nextgen. Probably could use some rework
    Okay... now HOW to make a 200x200 transparent template on PS... hmmmm....... and then how to import from Glasklart.. I wish there were a YouTube tutorial specifically on this stuff...
    Here to help if I can. If I can't I know someone who can!

2. The Following User Says Thank You to NewdestinyX For This Useful Post:

King_O_Hill (12-30-2013)

My iPhone is a Part of Me gdd2010's Avatar
    in a barred spiral galaxy on the Cepheus-Draco border
    Thanks

Ok I just stumbled on the COOLEST THING EVER!!!!
    If you make a folder node. It's only animated when in editing mode, right. Well, select to modify it and just tap outside of it and it stays animated. SWEET!

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to gdd2010 For This Useful Post:

King_O_Hill (12-30-2013), mcooper (12-30-2013)

Quote Originally Posted by gdd2010 View Post
    Ok I just stumbled on the COOLEST THING EVER!!!!
    If you make a folder node. It's only animated when in editing mode, right. Well, select to modify it and just tap outside of it and it stays animated. SWEET!
    Uhh.. Where are the instructions to 'make a folder node'.. Haven't seen that yet..

6. The Following User Says Thank You to NewdestinyX For This Useful Post:

King_O_Hill (12-30-2013)

Grant. Here is a psd for the transparent 200x200.
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/0m151zs77kezrrd/Image.psd

Quote Originally Posted by NewdestinyX View Post
    Uhh.. Where are the instructions to 'make a folder node'.. Haven't seen that yet..
    Same as a node except tap on "data store"
    Last edited by mcooper; 12-30-2013 at 12:28 PM.
    As long as there's hate in your heart, there'll be hate in the world. You can't fight for peace and you cannot capture freedom.

8. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to mcooper For This Useful Post:

Alfroggy (12-30-2013), gdd2010 (12-30-2013), King_O_Hill (12-30-2013), Kr0NiK (01-15-2014)

My iPhone is a Part of Me gdd2010's Avatar
    in a barred spiral galaxy on the Cepheus-Draco border
    Thanks

And, actually, it will do it for any icon/data store node. Also, if you select modify another time, it changes what the animation looks like.

Screenies:
    ImageUploadedByModMyi1388429245.736434.jpg
    ImageUploadedByModMyi1388429256.330226.jpg
    ImageUploadedByModMyi1388429265.151083.jpg
    Last edited by gdd2010; 12-30-2013 at 12:47 PM.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to gdd2010 For This Useful Post:

King_O_Hill (12-30-2013)

Quote Originally Posted by King_O_Hill View Post
    NGUI does not get set in WB anymore. So just activate whatever icons that you want. I always use a round set, as they work best IMO. Xpprem also has a set of round white icons that work well too!

Sorry Jake, I'm not trying to promote other themes on your thread.

I like the 1OS UI and CK with lockbuilder lockscreen with hud background.
    http://i.imgur.com/WwLmIjq.png
    As long as there's hate in your heart, there'll be hate in the world. You can't fight for peace and you cannot capture freedom.

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mcooper For This Useful Post:

Alfroggy (12-30-2013), King_O_Hill (12-30-2013)

Grant. Here is a psd for the transparent 200x200.
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/0m151zs77kezrrd/Image.psd
    THANK YOU!!!!

Same as a node except tap on "data store"
    AAAH.. You mean that other option when you create a node -- bottom left.. that you can BARELY read without the strongest of glasses??? I wondered what that was for. Why didn't he just call it 'add folder'???? I can barely read this font... that's my only constructive criticism of this theme.. Can barely see the word 'app' and "data store"???? How in a million would anyone ever figure out that "data store = add a folder" LOL!!!

Thanks Mcooper, for all your help!

14. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to NewdestinyX For This Useful Post:

Alfroggy (12-30-2013), King_O_Hill (12-30-2013), mcooper (12-30-2013)

Tried this on iphone4 and looks like i'm stuck in a bootloop. It had loaded fine but it didn't want to let me change the colors and told me to check permisions and when I changed them it would come back on

hey dudes cydia says unable to purchase because my ios version is not supported , i use a iphone4 with ios 7.0.3. do i have to install other tweaks before?

Quote Originally Posted by DannyZ83 View Post
    Tried this on iphone4 and looks like i'm stuck in a bootloop. It had loaded fine but it didn't want to let me change the colors and told me to check permisions and when I changed them it would come back on
    I believe deleting one of the plist files will fix this, Krima, are you out there?

Quote Originally Posted by proudato View Post
    hey dudes cydia says unable to purchase because my ios version is not supported , i use a iphone4 with ios 7.0.3. do i have to install other tweaks before?
    I believe this is either Sariks issue or GC needs to update the dependency.

Check out WW2 for iOS 8 - Widget-Weather 2.0

Yes King I am here. Always lurking, why what's up?

Hey guys, I can't figure out how to make this theme to work with my device.. I have iPhone 4S (greek and baseband-free), and even on iOS 6 and now in iOS 7, which yesterday updated, it didn't play at all.. I have many permission errors when I try to create icons or change colours, and if I set the permissions manually to 777 on the NextGenUI folder, then I can create icons and change the colours, but the theme UI crashes. If I create app shortcuts of Phone, Messages, Calendar, Notes, Reminders and App Store, they lag about 30 seconds to open, and when they open, they make the whole theme unstable and it hangs with the background I've set. Only solution to go after that, is a soft reset with home+power buttons... Because this is very frustrating on a newly formatted iOS, today I tried to re-format my iPhone to iOS 7.0.4 (set as new), and then to just jailbreak only, install mobile substrate, and then the theme... And it does exactly the same....!!! What's going on? I haven't any problem with any other application or theme... Is this possible having the exact same phone as this whole forum which the theme works like a charm, and in my case does these annoying symptoms?? I can't accept that....! I contacted GroovyCarrot with a bunch of emails in our conversation and can't even figure out what makes this happen..... Do you guys have any idea??

Quote Originally Posted by King_O_Hill View Post
    I believe deleting one of the plist files will fix this
    Tried that as well as the whole folder and the dylib but no luck. Might have been an issue with mobile substrate for me then since I should have been able to get into safe mode right?. Just restored phone and started over. I'll try again when MS is updated I guess. Looked badass for the minute or so that i had it on though lol

I had a few issues with my 4s on ios7. What worked for me was this. Make sure preference loader and mobile substrate is installed. Install nextgenui theme. Open ifile go to var/mobile/library click on the arrow on the right side of the nextgenui folder set permission to Read, Write, Execute in all 3. Go to settings and turn on theme(first 3 switches) Go back to Cydia, reinstall mobile substrate and preference loader at the same time. After the forces respring from Cydia mine works fine.
    Unless I reboot. Then I have to do the last step again. Let me know if that works.

http://i.imgur.com/kThFc54.png

22. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mcooper For This Useful Post:

DannyZ83 (12-30-2013), King_O_Hill (12-30-2013)

Quote Originally Posted by DannyZ83 View Post
    Tried that as well as the whole folder and the dylib but no luck. Might have been an issue with mobile substrate for me then since I should have been able to get into safe mode right?. Just restored phone and started over. I'll try again when MS is updated I guess. Looked badass for the minute or so that i had it on though lol

This does not rely on MS, but ok.

Quote Originally Posted by Krima View Post
    Yes King I am here. Always lurking, why what's up?
    I wanted to know if you knew how to solve the color issue in that post that I asked for you.
    Last edited by King_O_Hill; 12-30-2013 at 08:48 PM.

24. The Following User Says Thank You to King_O_Hill For This Useful Post:

DannyZ83 (12-30-2013)

I had a few issues with my 4s on ios7. What worked for me was this. Make sure preference loader and mobile substrate is installed. Install nextgenui theme. Open ifile go to var/mobile/library click on the arrow on the right side of the nextgenui folder set permission to Read, Write, Execute in all 3. Go to settings and turn on theme(first 3 switches) Go back to Cydia, reinstall mobile substrate and preference loader at the same time. After the forces respring from Cydia mine works fine.
    Unless I reboot. Then I have to do the last step again. Let me know if that works.

I was on the beta team and mentioned to Jake that those file permissions needed to be added to Group and World for that folder. I think he corrected it in final release. But Mobile Substrate isn't even involved in running NextGen.

26. The Following User Says Thank You to NewdestinyX For This Useful Post:

DannyZ83 (12-30-2013)

Yes, if you are having issues, follow these steps! Then let us know.

28. The Following User Says Thank You to King_O_Hill For This Useful Post:

DannyZ83 (12-30-2013)

Thanks
    Thanked 15,559 Times in 7,112 Posts

So just make sure that the theme you have engaged underneath NexGen is 69?
    Engaged. Underneath. 69.

Heh. Heh heh heh. Heh heh heh.

I was on the beta team and mentioned to Jake that those file permissions needed to be added to Group and World for that folder. I think he corrected it in final release. But Mobile Substrate isn't even involved in running NextGen.
    I did it just to make sure it was up-to-date. Just in case I broke something then maybe just maybe safemode would work?? Wishful thinking? Couldn't hurt!

31. The Following User Says Thank You to mcooper For This Useful Post:

King_O_Hill (12-30-2013)

I did it just to make sure it was up-to-date. Just in case I broke something then maybe just maybe safemode would work?? Wishful thinking? Couldn't hurt!
    Got it, bro! All good! You're great at what you do, Coop!

Quote Originally Posted by Simon View Post
    Engaged. Underneath. 69.
    Heh. Heh heh heh. Heh heh heh.

33. The Following User Says Thank You to NewdestinyX For This Useful Post:

mcooper (12-30-2013)

Page 36 of 54 FirstFirst ... 263435363738 46 ... LastLast