+ Reply
Page 32 of 54 FirstFirst ... 223031323334 42 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: NextGenUI [A HD Theme]

is a discussion within the

iPhone 4|4S New Skins / Themes Launches

forums, a part of the

New Skins / Themes Launches

section;
Hello. Yesterday, I purchased NextGenUI4. I have iPhone 4S with 6.1.2 and I can't manage to have the theme working. I sent an email too. I just installed in that
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Hello. Yesterday, I purchased NextGenUI4. I have iPhone 4S with 6.1.2 and I can't manage to have the theme working. I sent an email too. I just installed in that manner: Winterboard, Dreamboard, NextGenUI4 theme. When I choose the theme for the first time, everything is working and normal. In the following circumstances the theme does not work, and (if I charge) only a black screen with a light-blue semicircle in the center is appearing which if I tap on it, a list of applications appears. If I don't charge, nothing appears in the screen

1) Respring device
    2) Change theme in Dreamboard, and switch back to NextGenUI4
    3) Reboot device
    4) Change theme's colours and respring

When this bug happens, I have to switch to another theme, load iFile App, and delete the Settings.plist file on the /var/mobile/Library/Dreamboard/NextGenUI4/ folder, to load the theme from scratch.

Evil Genius Developer GroovyCarrot's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,635 Times in 401 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by savaspar View Post
    Hello. Yesterday, I purchased NextGenUI4. I have iPhone 4S with 6.1.2 and I can't manage to have the theme working. I sent an email too. I just installed in that manner: Winterboard, Dreamboard, NextGenUI4 theme. When I choose the theme for the first time, everything is working and normal. In the following circumstances the theme does not work, and (if I charge) only a black screen with a light-blue semicircle in the center is appearing which if I tap on it, a list of applications appears. If I don't charge, nothing appears in the screen

1) Respring device
    2) Change theme in Dreamboard, and switch back to NextGenUI4
    3) Reboot device
    4) Change theme's colours and respring

When this bug happens, I have to switch to another theme, load iFile App, and delete the Settings.plist file on the /var/mobile/Library/Dreamboard/NextGenUI4/ folder, to load the theme from scratch.
    Hey dude, apologies for the late reply! I've emailed you back now, I did explain my Mail app is broken on my phone so I have trouble replying to people quickly. As I said, just let me know if we've solved the problem!

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to GroovyCarrot For This Useful Post:

Alfroggy (12-17-2013), mcooper (12-17-2013)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by GroovyCarrot View Post
    Hey dude, apologies for the late reply! I've emailed you back now, I did explain my Mail app is broken on my phone so I have trouble replying to people quickly. As I said, just let me know if we've solved the problem!
    Thank you for your reply. I did the replace of the file you sent me (after I unzip it), and now the theme did not load at all. It stucks at the "Preparing theme" indicator of Dreamboard, and I can't do anything, exept from reseting the iPhone... If I leave it, it stucks for over 10 minutes, and then it resets by it self showing Apple logo. So it seems, your theme isn't compatible anymore with iOS 6.. Probably you would start a new app for the iOS 7 and not to make changes to the initial app which it probably was compatible with iOS 6. That's my opinion. Anything else which you suggest to try to make the theme usable?

Thanks

Thank you for your reply. I did the replace of the file you sent me (after I unzip it), and now the theme did not load at all. It stucks at the "Preparing theme" indicator of Dreamboard, and I can't do anything, exept from reseting the iPhone... If I leave it, it stucks for over 10 minutes, and then it resets by it self showing Apple logo. So it seems, your theme isn't compatible anymore with iOS 6.. Probably you would start a new app for the iOS 7 and not to make changes to the initial app which it probably was compatible with iOS 6. That's my opinion. Anything else which you suggest to try to make the theme usable?
    Hmm that's really strange, the file I've sent you is the same file that I've sent everyone else who's had minor issues with NGUI on iOS 6 and it hasn't failed to fix an issue yet :/

If you go into /DreamBoard/NextGenUI4/ and double check there's no settings.plist or nodeLayout.plist files in there? If there is, just delete them and have another go at it, if there isn't try a reinstall with Cydia and it should revert back to version 4.1, which at least ran on your phone. I'll see if I can sort something out as it is only when you use the colour change menu that it stops working, right?

6. The Following User Says Thank You to GroovyCarrot For This Useful Post:

Alfroggy (12-18-2013)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Hmm that's really strange, the file I've sent you is the same file that I've sent everyone else who's had minor issues with NGUI on iOS 6 and it hasn't failed to fix an issue yet :/

If you go into /DreamBoard/NextGenUI4/ and double check there's no settings.plist or nodeLayout.plist files in there? If there is, just delete them and have another go at it, if there isn't try a reinstall with Cydia and it should revert back to version 4.1, which at least ran on your phone. I'll see if I can sort something out as it is only when you use the colour change menu that it stops working, right?
    Yes I tried by deleting also the nodeLayout.plist, but still no luck. I describe the circumstances that the bug is notable in my first post. I can't use the theme, because every day, I must turn off the phone completely at work, and then when I turn it back on, I have to search blindly for Dreamboard to load default theme, then iFile to delete settings.plist, and then load back to your theme.... It's a lot of pain..

Thanks

Hmm yes the problem seems to be the saving of settings.plist - all the colours are saving out as black, it's very strange that the 4.2b didn't work at all though - there's only big fixes added in there it seems strange that it would cause more problems?

My best solutions are these really since you are right, the version I've been working on lately will only work on iOS 7 and like a douche I didn't subversion my code at 4.2b, I just went ahead and updated it -__-

When you load the theme you can use iFile to manually go into settings.plist and set the colours to what you want;
    the colours are saved as background brightness (black 0 -> 1 white), foreground 1 and foreground 2: You just need to set the levels of R(ed), G(reen) and B(lue) again from 0 -> 1.

So to give you an example: full blue colour would be R: 0.0, G: 0.0, B: 1.0, or white would be R: 1.0, G: 1.0, B: 1.0

This would be permanent and solve the problem but you'll just have to get your head around that - I'll help if you name the colours you'd like?

Or you can delete settings.plist before you switch the phone off, at any point since it is only generated on start up but would need to be done every time and would be a pain still

I suppose the other alternative would be to keep your phone on and use airplane mode or something in work?

Just some suggestions but I'm sure we can solve the problem with manual colour changes let me know what you would like to do

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to GroovyCarrot For This Useful Post:

Alfroggy (12-18-2013), mcooper (12-17-2013)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Hmm yes the problem seems to be the saving of settings.plist - all the colours are saving out as black, it's very strange that the 4.2b didn't work at all though - there's only big fixes added in there it seems strange that it would cause more problems?

My best solutions are these really since you are right, the version I've been working on lately will only work on iOS 7 and like a douche I didn't subversion my code at 4.2b, I just went ahead and updated it -__-

When you load the theme you can use iFile to manually go into settings.plist and set the colours to what you want;
    the colours are saved as background brightness (black 0 -> 1 white), foreground 1 and foreground 2: You just need to set the levels of R(ed), G(reen) and B(lue) again from 0 -> 1.

So to give you an example: full blue colour would be R: 0.0, G: 0.0, B: 1.0, or white would be R: 1.0, G: 1.0, B: 1.0

This would be permanent and solve the problem but you'll just have to get your head around that - I'll help if you name the colours you'd like?

Or you can delete settings.plist before you switch the phone off, at any point since it is only generated on start up but would need to be done every time and would be a pain still

I suppose the other alternative would be to keep your phone on and use airplane mode or something in work?

Just some suggestions but I'm sure we can solve the problem with manual colour changes let me know what you would like to do
    Ok, now that's very strange.!! I edited the colours, as you suggest, but when I load the theme back, the values are always change to 0. I also set the permissions of the file to read only, but either this way, the values always reset. Something with root privileges is going every time and reset the values....

Green Apple
    Thanks

Hi,
    i have the same problemes as savaspar. Iphone 5 IOS 6.1.
    Dursr

Thanks

Ok, now that's very strange.!! I edited the colours, as you suggest, but when I load the theme back, the values are always change to 0. I also set the permissions of the file to read only, but either this way, the values always reset. Something with root privileges is going every time and reset the values....
    I did just have a look over the init method for NGUI and after performing all the settings checks it does actually save out the settings file again - somewhat of a flaw in this which I must have overlooked since this problem had been solved with the 4.2b :/

The permissions on the file should make no difference but the permissions on /DreamBoard/NextGenUI4 could be set to read-only and it will solve this overwriting issue, but annoyingly that will mean that nodeLayout.plist won't save either! Argh, why didn't I subversion _

Right, what I'm going to do is this: I will subversion now and go through my code reverting the iOS7 changes back. This means that you will need to enable NGUI in the Settings app and might require a bit of trial and error, but I always work 100% to get this working for you guys! Just up to you if you would like to just try a few betas and see if we can get this working?

Quote Originally Posted by Dursr View Post
    Hi,
    i have the same problemes as savaspar. Iphone 5 IOS 6.1.
    Dursr
    Hey sorry about this man, just send me an email via Cydia and I'll get you to try this 4.2b - It has had 100% success rate in fixing this in the past so there's still a good chance it'll work

I'm guessing it's only really been since the price of NGUI has been dropped that's encouraged more people to try it out, and these bugs are re-emerging - I'll see if I can get something together and update on Cydia just to clear up any possible cases over the next month or so

-- I've just done a quick revision, thank you past Jake for leaving the iOS 6 logic all in there! Getting Krima to do a quick few tests for me and I'll hopefully have this fixed before tonight
    Last edited by GroovyCarrot; 12-18-2013 at 06:13 AM.

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to GroovyCarrot For This Useful Post:

Alfroggy (12-18-2013), King_O_Hill (12-18-2013)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    I did just have a look over the init method for NGUI and after performing all the settings checks it does actually save out the settings file again - somewhat of a flaw in this which I must have overlooked since this problem had been solved with the 4.2b :/

The permissions on the file should make no difference but the permissions on /DreamBoard/NextGenUI4 could be set to read-only and it will solve this overwriting issue, but annoyingly that will mean that nodeLayout.plist won't save either! Argh, why didn't I subversion _

Right, what I'm going to do is this: I will subversion now and go through my code reverting the iOS7 changes back. This means that you will need to enable NGUI in the Settings app and might require a bit of trial and error, but I always work 100% to get this working for you guys! Just up to you if you would like to just try a few betas and see if we can get this working?

Hey sorry about this man, just send me an email via Cydia and I'll get you to try this 4.2b - It has had 100% success rate in fixing this in the past so there's still a good chance it'll work

I'm guessing it's only really been since the price of NGUI has been dropped that's encouraged more people to try it out, and these bugs are re-emerging - I'll see if I can get something together and update on Cydia just to clear up any possible cases over the next month or so

-- I've just done a quick revision, thank you past Jake for leaving the iOS 6 logic all in there! Getting Krima to do a quick few tests for me and I'll hopefully have this fixed before tonight

Good to hear that. I remove the theme due to the colours issue and to many crashes I had in Safari. How do we download the fixed version? Are you going to update the Cydia package?

Thanks

Good to hear that. I remove the theme due to the colours issue and to many crashes I had in Safari. How do we download the fixed version? Are you going to update the Cydia package?
    No problem I will email you the update myself, I just need a bit of time to be sure everything is working fine. I'll then likely send the update to Cydia too if it works out for you

Thanks for a bit of patience of this, sorry I haven't even able to work on it for a couple of months

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to GroovyCarrot For This Useful Post:

Alfroggy (12-19-2013), King_O_Hill (12-18-2013)

King Kong ain't got nothing on me! King_O_Hill's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 16,415 Times in 6,006 Posts

Version 4.2b is working great here bro!

Mixing in a little bit of 69!

Widget-Weather App Now Available! Also with MyLocation Support!
    Check out the thread here - Widget-Weather
    To install the Widget-Weather app, just go to Cydia and install. This will also remove MyLocation, as it is built in!
    Want to protect your JailBreak! Add this repo http://cydia.myrepospace.com/iLEXiNFO/ & Install "iLEX R.A.T."
    It will allow you to bring your phone back to a fresh jailbroken state!

18. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to King_O_Hill For This Useful Post:

Alfroggy (12-19-2013), mcooper (12-19-2013), NewdestinyX (12-19-2013)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by King_O_Hill View Post
    Version 4.2b is working great here bro!

Mixing in a little bit of 69!

It looks fantastic with these colours.. Wish to have a working version soon..

What I found that doesn't work till this moment:
    - Version 4.2b doesn't load at all via DreamBoard
    - Safari crashes after 1 minute of surfing.. maybe less..
    - Camera app, can't take any pictures.. If you press to take a picture, then it crashes immediately!

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    It looks great with these colours! Wish I can also have a working version soon....!

Things that I noticed not to work so far:

- Version 4.2b don't load at all in DreamBoard
    - Safari crashes after 1 minute of surfing.. Maybe less..
    - Camera App can't take any pictures.. If you press to take a picture it crashes immediately!

Thanks

You should not be in DB when using 4.2b. Just set DB to default and then activate from the settings pane.
    To install the Widget-Weather app, just go to Cydia and install. This will also remove MyLocation, as it is built in!
    Want to protect your JailBreak! Add this repo http://cydia.myrepospace.com/iLEXiNFO/ & Install "iLEX R.A.T."

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    You should not be in DB when using 4.2b. Just set DB to default and then activate from the settings pane.
    I didn't understand... I don't have any option in settings pane... Should I?

Thanks

I didn't understand... I don't have any option in settings pane... Should I?
    Ok, maybe I have a later version than you do. What was in the email that GC sent you? Did it have a NextGenUI.plist and an icon file with it?

24. The Following User Says Thank You to King_O_Hill For This Useful Post:

Alfroggy (12-20-2013)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Ok, maybe I have a later version than you do. What was in the email that GC sent you? Did it have a NextGenUI.plist and an icon file with it?
    Oh, no... I only receive a zip with the NextGenUI4.dylib file.... :/ And that's the only file he mentioned to replace in the email..

26. The Following User Says Thank You to savaspar For This Useful Post:

King_O_Hill (12-20-2013)

Thanks

Ok, sorry bro. You do need to activate from DB. I guess GC needs to stop by.

28. The Following User Says Thank You to King_O_Hill For This Useful Post:

Alfroggy (12-21-2013)

Thanks

Hey sorry for the late reply, the file that King has is a different one at the moment for testing - I will be putting together a package to send out to you guys today so just hold on for a few hours, I just need to get some info for the package on MMi so I can replace it

30. The Following User Says Thank You to GroovyCarrot For This Useful Post:

King_O_Hill (12-21-2013)