+ Reply
Page 3 of 53 FirstFirst 12345 13 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: NextGenUI [A HD Theme]

is a discussion within the

iPhone 4|4S New Skins / Themes Launches

forums, a part of the

New Skins / Themes Launches

section;
Love the changes... Really getting into this theme now and just have a few requests, er... need help actually. Trying to change the icon color. I like it... but seems
    My iPhone is a Part of Me gdd2010's Avatar
    in a barred spiral galaxy on the Cepheus-Draco border
    Thanks

Love the changes... Really getting into this theme now and just have a few requests, er... need help actually. Trying to change the icon color. I like it... but seems to green to me. I'm more of a blue person (Taurus). Also, The rotator wheel that is preloaded... can the overlay (green block in the back of the icons) be removed. would like to see what the icons (just like in the home screen dock) would look like. Also (I know, I know...I'm getting pushy here - lol), make those icons just a smidge smaller. they seem to take away from the aesthetics of the animated wheel in the background.

I don't mean any offense. Just looking to make the minor (and I mean minor) details pop so this theme can stand out.

iPhone? More like MyPhone kenboyles72's Avatar
    Thanks

for the icon bg, navigate to "/private/var/mobile/Library/DreamBoard/NextGenUI2/Images" and remove or rename

IconShadow.png and [email protected]

I can mod the main gui and the icons to a blue color for ya if ya want, may take me a few days. let me know what color blue you want.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to kenboyles72 For This Useful Post:

gdd2010 (03-22-2013)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,359 Times in 364 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by gdd2010 View Post
    Hey! Something to help get the word out of your theme Carrot. Blue posted of this issue and he usually get a "Featured Theme" for every one of his themes.

"The thread at modmyi where you can suggest Featured Themes is senseless and must be closed.
    No one reads or forwards your proposals anymore (Neither modmyi nor K. Nitsua).
    The responsible guy who makes a proposal list of Featured Themes for Saurik is from the MacCiti website only.

So, if users want to suggest a theme, start Cydia, press Featured themes, scroll down and write him a email ([email protected]).

Why is this necessary ?

Most users that buy themes donīt even know modmyi. So a theme that is released at Cydia and doesnīt become a Featured theme gets lost after some days at Cydia, the sales go down to zero.
    So for any themer itīs existential to become his theme a Featured theme as most users only look for new themes at the Featured themes section at Cydia. A Featured Theme motivates theme makers, generates constant sales and guarantees future updates and ongoing support for this theme."

Just something to get your theme mentioned and get the sales rolling. Piracy, unfortunately is here to stay (for now) until there can be better licensing abilities for themers.
    Hey thanks very much for the suggestion, I've sent an email to him so I'll see what comes out of it - I don't really know if anything will, cydia seems quite unmanaged in the sense that some of the content is like pre-2011, but I'll remain hopeful

Love the changes... Really getting into this theme now and just have a few requests, er... need help actually. Trying to change the icon color. I like it... but seems to green to me. I'm more of a blue person (Taurus). Also, The rotator wheel that is preloaded... can the overlay (green block in the back of the icons) be removed. would like to see what the icons (just like in the home screen dock) would look like. Also (I know, I know...I'm getting pushy here - lol), make those icons just a smidge smaller. they seem to take away from the aesthetics of the animated wheel in the background.

I don't mean any offense. Just looking to make the minor (and I mean minor) details pop so this theme can stand out.
    I understand what you are saying, to be honest I put a lot of work into the menu before I released the initial version and haven't touched it since, despite having several thoughts to revisit it. I planned to add more icons from 8 to 12, making them a tad smaller and removing the back of the icons - the back of the icons was actually for another feature that never got implemented but I plan on working on in NextGenUI3. The Spinning menu kind of serves at the dock in this theme but was never the original intention so expect complete improvements to the UI in the next version.

I realise the icon colour might not be to preference but dreamboard doesn't offer much in the way of icon customisation, something I like to do in my work is add full user preference support - I have some real neat ideas for offering icon customisation for the update so if you'll bare with me for the update I think I have something that will meet your needs

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to GroovyCarrot For This Useful Post:

Alfroggy (07-15-2013), gdd2010 (03-22-2013)

Thanks

@ken, thanks! I'm looking for something along a TRON-esque blue (if you get what I mean).
    @Groovy, no problem. Sounds good about the changes you plan. Everything so far is awesome. Perhaps if enough icons are made, we make a Dropbox or public location for them so you don't have to distribute all of hem in the theme package. That way, the user gets only the icons they need and it keeps the theme package light.

Ok. I did it! I figured out how to shrink the icons. Here's a pic:ImageUploadedByModMyi1364011220.815303.jpg
    Change in the "current.plist" the part <key>IconHeight</key>
    <integer>100</integer>
    <key>IconWidth</key>
    <integer>100</integer>
    Change the numbers to 75 and repeat for all 8 icons. Respring and all done!
    Pretty simple, I know. I'm just excited I figured it out so easily. Hehe
    Last edited by gdd2010; 03-22-2013 at 10:04 PM.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to gdd2010 For This Useful Post:

Alfroggy (07-15-2013)

Thanks

Last edited by gdd2010; 03-23-2013 at 03:42 AM.

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to gdd2010 For This Useful Post:

Alfroggy (07-15-2013), Hip5 (01-05-2014)

Thanks

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to gdd2010 For This Useful Post:

Alfroggy (07-15-2013), Hip5 (01-05-2014)

Thanks

I've had some ideas to integrate colour customisation and also 3rd party modifications such as what you are working on to be optional in the theme. I have a lot of web design experience so I will be adding a connection to a server into the theme to allow a whole bunch of features to be added that I can just add to the server and it will instantly become available across all of the devices running NextGenUI: I also want to add some level of security to at least fend off piracy but it's going to be hard without being able to identify the user, let alone the device. I did ask MMI if they can offer me any ticket id's but I wasn't given a reply so I'll take being ignored as a no aha.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to GroovyCarrot For This Useful Post:

gdd2010 (03-23-2013)

Green Apple
    Thanks

Default no weather is shown
    wow best theme ever well done !!!
    but i have a problem that it dowst show me the weather in the lockscreeen and in the main screen under the clock0
    can someone help me ????

Thanks

Hey thanks! Make sure you've entered your location properly, zip codes don't seem to work for some reason, I use 'Liverpool, UK' and that works for me but you can also get your weather code from yahoo

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by GroovyCarrot View Post
    I've had some ideas to integrate colour customisation and also 3rd party modifications such as what you are working on to be optional in the theme. I have a lot of web design experience so I will be adding a connection to a server into the theme to allow a whole bunch of features to be added that I can just add to the server and it will instantly become available across all of the devices running NextGenUI: I also want to add some level of security to at least fend off piracy but it's going to be hard without being able to identify the user, let alone the device. I did ask MMI if they can offer me any ticket id's but I wasn't given a reply so I'll take being ignored as a no aha.
    Great idea! That will be interesting to see it integrated with a server. I wonder if use of UDID would be aloud for verification of purchase to eliminate pirating. I know Apple is no longer allowing apps (third party, of course) that use this. But that isn't stopping Apple from using it with their apps, no?

Probably get a hold of Saurik and see if he can help with this. I know their was an issue with pirated apps in Cydia and he did a great job (on Cydia's end) to end it - ultimately ending with the shut down of the pirate group that made the apps.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to gdd2010 For This Useful Post:

Alfroggy (07-15-2013)

Thanks

Great idea! That will be interesting to see it integrated with a server. I wonder if use of UDID would be aloud for verification of purchase to eliminate pirating. I know Apple is no longer allowing apps (third party, of course) that use this. But that isn't stopping Apple from using it with their apps, no?

Probably get a hold of Saurik and see if he can help with this. I know their was an issue with pirated apps in Cydia and he did a great job (on Cydia's end) to end it - ultimately ending with the shut down of the pirate group that made the apps.
    I did look to see if you can make calls to the Cydia Vendor API but no dice there, I guess it's rather undeveloped unless I really went out of my way and set up my own repository and what not but to be honest it seems like an unnecessary amount of effort for ultimately trying to achieve a minor boost in security, besides I still get a daily trickle of sales so I'm not complaining. I do realise this theme also only appeals to a small group of people so I couldn't ask for more really

I've started work on a server connection where I will be adding access to the collection of different coloured icons so if people decide they want their UI in purple or blue and the only thing annoying them is that the icon colours don't change then they can just download the modified icons and swap them over and I'll also add a feature to upload custom icons to the server for people to share if they want. I'll have to review them before adding them of course.

UPDATE 26 Mar 2013

NextGenUI is now available on iThemeSky\
    Last edited by GroovyCarrot; 03-28-2013 at 10:17 AM.

19. The Following User Says Thank You to GroovyCarrot For This Useful Post:

Alfroggy (07-15-2013)

Thanks

Found some time to do more work: interface improvements

And server connection:

Not sure when the update will be done but I'm finding time here and there, plans to add a live calendar widget into the core menu and possibly some other features, also a redesign of the Clockscreen because I was never happy with it

Also have plans to skin the lockscreen keypad, also phone, safari and calendar apps a likely to a small degree, depending on what I see necessary; might also venture to doing the music app but it's unlikely especially since ios5 and 6 are different
    Last edited by GroovyCarrot; 03-28-2013 at 10:25 AM.

Thanks

Found some time to do more work: interface improvements

And server connection:

Not sure when the update will be done but I'm finding time here and there, plans to add a live calendar widget into the core menu and possibly some other features, also a redesign of the Clockscreen because I was never happy with it

Also have plans to skin the lockscreen keypad, also phone, safari and calendar apps a likely to a small degree, depending on what I see necessary; might also venture to doing the music app but it's unlikely especially since ios5 and 6 are different
    Please skin the SMS app... And phone, and mail and calendar...
    But SMS app #1

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by tmessy View Post
    Please skin the SMS app... And phone, and mail and calendar...
    But SMS app #1
    I've done the majority of phone, i've finished most of the phone UI such as lockscreen keypad and incall keypad, skinned the mail, calendar and safari apps and a bit of the clock app. I also plan on doing the SMS app before I release the update in addition to a few more additions to the dashboard just need to work out how to go about it with the iOS 5/6 difference.

Thanks

I've done the majority of phone, i've finished most of the phone UI such as lockscreen keypad and incall keypad, skinned the mail, calendar and safari apps and a bit of the clock app. I also plan on doing the SMS app before I release the update in addition to a few more additions to the dashboard just need to work out how to go about it with the iOS 5/6 difference.
    Honestly,
    This is the BEST theme ever...
    THANK YOU!!!!!!

Thanks

Groovy, any chance to add 2 more icons to the wheel? They are smaller now and I figure 2 more wouldn't hurt. I could give it a try, but don't want to screw up the code.

Thanks

Can't wait for the changes. Looks like you modded the icon size on the "Wheel," great! Any chance or help as to how to add 2 more placeholders to the wheel? Also, I found a set of icons that are really neat as in they have a slight "glow" to them. They are of a theme I already have called Neurotech HD by Jahooba. I've had it for a while and the color of the icons fits extremely well with this one.
    I am, however, having trouble with some icons not theming properly. For some reason, the BundleID isn't "taking" and its getting a little frustrating. Also, biteSMS has somehow now become "unthemed." Grrrrrr, Rabble Rabble Rabble, Grumble Grumble. Hehe.

Thanks

Screenshot of the icon color.
    ImageUploadedByModMyi1365338375.197657.jpg

Thanks

Can't wait for the changes. Looks like you modded the icon size on the "Wheel," great! Any chance or help as to how to add 2 more placeholders to the wheel? Also, I found a set of icons that are really neat as in they have a slight "glow" to them. They are of a theme I already have called Neurotech HD by Jahooba. I've had it for a while and the color of the icons fits extremely well with this one.
    I am, however, having trouble with some icons not theming properly. For some reason, the BundleID isn't "taking" and its getting a little frustrating. Also, biteSMS has somehow now become "unthemed." Grrrrrr, Rabble Rabble Rabble, Grumble Grumble. Hehe.
    Using neurotech as a buffer theme makes this theme feel.....complete...
    Next gen ui could be the best theme ever if it had the phone, SMS, mail, loading screens, notification theme, and Siri all themed...

Good mention though, I feel proud of my phone now

Screenshot of the icon color.
    Attachment 630860
    Do you have all the icons extracted already somewhere?
    Don't want to have to manually extract all the icons to place theme in the next gen ui theme, would take awhile...

Just being lazy,
    Cheers mate
    Last edited by tmessy; 04-07-2013 at 09:03 AM.

Thanks

The mods I've have made through the UI and stock apps follow a solid black/white theme, there's a few kinks to work out mainly at the moment with tables - I might also do loading images as they shouldn't be too hard to do. It shouldn't be a problem for me to add 2 more placeholders to the wheel, also I want to replace the calendar icon with a live calendar widget but that will mean that it is fixed to the wheel and cannot be changed but I guess with 2 more placeholders on the wheel it might not be a problem? Let me know what you guys think

I'm going to release the icons as white in the update as it's a more compatible colour with customisation - also might implement background colouring depending on RAM usage but I get the feeling it will complete the theme nicely and remove the blue colour completely if people don't like it

29. The Following User Says Thank You to GroovyCarrot For This Useful Post:

tmessy (04-07-2013)