+ Reply
Page 25 of 54 FirstFirst ... 152324252627 35 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: NextGenUI [A HD Theme]

is a discussion within the

iPhone 4|4S New Skins / Themes Launches

forums, a part of the

New Skins / Themes Launches

section;
Originally Posted by NewdestinyX Hmm. I've never heard of this. I've been jail broken on as many as 4 different devices including my wife's phone. And my Cydia login allows
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,706 Times in 2,415 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by NewdestinyX View Post
    Hmm. I've never heard of this. I've been jail broken on as many as 4 different devices including my wife's phone. And my Cydia login allows me to download my purchased tweaks on all 4 devices. This has been the case with Cydia for YEARS for me. Never once seen a piracy message.
    It's Groovys anti piracy logic he wrote into the dylib. He will get it sorted.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Krima For This Useful Post:

Alfroggy (09-10-2013), King_O_Hill (09-10-2013)

King Kong ain't got nothing on me! King_O_Hill's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 17,451 Times in 6,379 Posts

Hmm. I've never heard of this. I've been jail broken on as many as 4 different devices including my wife's phone. And my Cydia login allows me to download my purchased tweaks on all 4 devices. This has been the case with Cydia for YEARS for me. Never once seen a piracy message.
    It's not a Curia issue, it's GC's built in anti piracy code that is built in. But in this case, he has the error message wrong. It should have read "Incompatible Device", as it currently is not coded for an iPad.
    Widget-Weather App Now Available! Also with MyLocation Support!
    Check out the thread here - Widget-Weather
    To install the Widget-Weather app, just go to Cydia and install. This will also remove MyLocation, as it is built in!
    Want to protect your JailBreak! Add this repo http://cydia.myrepospace.com/iLEXiNFO/ & Install "iLEX R.A.T."
    It will allow you to bring your phone back to a fresh jailbroken state!

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to King_O_Hill For This Useful Post:

Alfroggy (09-10-2013), Simon (09-10-2013)

Thanks
    Thanked 9,016 Times in 4,527 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Krima View Post
    It's Groovys anti piracy logic he wrote into the dylib. He will get it sorted.
    Oo.. Great idea!! I didn't know theme creators could protect themselves that way..
    Here to help if I can. If I can't I know someone who can!

6. The Following User Says Thank You to NewdestinyX For This Useful Post:

Simon (09-10-2013)

Thanks
    Thanked 7,706 Times in 2,415 Posts

Oo.. Great idea!! I didn't know theme creators could protect themselves that way..
    They can't in general but if its a dylib they can. Groovys code coupled with his server makes it possible. He of course knows more about this. I love the idea.

I watched him for over 4 months learn Objective-C so he can bring this theme to life and he deserves to protect his work.

I wanted him to put this up as a separate paid theme but he wanted to reward those who bought his other theme and have it as a free upgrade. He's a generous developer.

8. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Krima For This Useful Post:

AHTi.Raja (09-11-2013), Alfroggy (09-10-2013), King_O_Hill (09-10-2013), NewdestinyX (09-11-2013), Simon (09-10-2013), The.Drifter (09-10-2013)

Evil Genius Developer GroovyCarrot's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,112 Times in 464 Posts

The piracy logic is pretty simple, basically the server just signs the copy with a key that's stored in settings.plist first time it's run - as I said it won't pop up if you've paid for it but I've written two messages for incompatibility on iPad and refused to sign for piracy and they're in place of each other

So all the people complaining about a device incompatibility error are actually complaining that the server refused to sign it since it was pirated

And yeah as Krima said, I've put a total of 7 months solid work into this project, so I don't think $3.99 is much to ask for what I've put together and I offered this free to the few that have already paid as their support has paid for me to eat this summer while I'm waiting on my student loan :P I feel very sorry for other developers that have their work stolen when they put so much time to go through all the phone images an rework them to be ripped off by ungrateful pirates
    Last edited by GroovyCarrot; 09-10-2013 at 12:29 PM.

10. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to GroovyCarrot For This Useful Post:

Alfroggy (09-10-2013), King_O_Hill (09-10-2013), mcooper (09-10-2013), menard_00 (09-10-2013), Simon (09-10-2013), The.Drifter (09-10-2013)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Not sure if someone has already had this problem (I don't have the patience to read through 25 pages...) But this was working perfectly for me for a few days then it starting saying "The device code is not valid for this device." whenever I select it in Dreamboard. I have an iPhone 4 on 6.0.1 and i bought this on Cydia like a good person. What do?

Thanks

Sorry that's only happened once before, just delete /DreamBoard/NextGenUI4/settings.plist and it should fix it mate

13. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to GroovyCarrot For This Useful Post:

Alfroggy (09-10-2013), King_O_Hill (09-10-2013), ZFMirage (09-10-2013)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Thank you ^^

Also, is it possible to have the lockscreen that comes with the Dreamboard theme but have a wallpaper behind it? Because I really like the way it looks just not how it shows random things in the center..
    Last edited by ZFMirage; 09-10-2013 at 05:08 PM.

iPhone? More like MyPhone AHTi.Raja's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by GroovyCarrot View Post
    The piracy logic is pretty simple, basically the server just signs the copy with a key that's stored in settings.plist first time it's run - as I said it won't pop up if you've paid for it but I've written two messages for incompatibility on iPad and refused to sign for piracy and they're in place of each other

So all the people complaining about a device incompatibility error are actually complaining that the server refused to sign it since it was pirated

And yeah as Krima said, I've put a total of 7 months solid work into this project, so I don't think $3.99 is much to ask for what I've put together and I offered this free to the few that have already paid as their support has paid for me to eat this summer while I'm waiting on my student loan :P I feel very sorry for other developers that have their work stolen when they put so much time to go through all the phone images an rework them to be ripped off by ungrateful pirates
    You are awesome man. As many pirates have stolen the awesome theme "Paragon" by endfinity. Its so realistic theme. End has spent one year to make it. But.................

16. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to AHTi.Raja For This Useful Post:

Alfroggy (09-11-2013), GroovyCarrot (09-11-2013), mcooper (09-11-2013)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by AHTi.Raja View Post
    You are awesome man. As many pirates have stolen the awesome theme "Paragon" by endfinity. Its so realistic theme. End has spent one year to make it. But.................
    Thanks man i appreciate it. I do talk to End and he did say to me he doesn't care about piracy and its bothered about any financial return - small or large, but i don't think Cydia is a place to make money anyway. In my case I've coupled my work with my server to help with debugging and making sure everyone who uses it gets the most out of it, and I don't think the price of a cheap dinner or a beer is much to ask for all the support I provide, so I have no time for pirates or the server resources to spare

I love working on stuff like this and jailbreak gives me free roam with ideas, but if I really wanted to squeeze money out of people I'd just develop boring crap for the AppStore

18. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to GroovyCarrot For This Useful Post:

AHTi.Raja (09-11-2013), Alfroggy (09-11-2013), gdd2010 (09-11-2013), King_O_Hill (09-11-2013), mcooper (09-11-2013), NewdestinyX (09-11-2013)

iPhone? More like MyPhone AHTi.Raja's Avatar
    Thanks

Thanks man i appreciate it. I do talk to End and he did say to me he doesn't care about piracy and its bothered about any financial return - small or large, but i don't think Cydia is a place to make money anyway. In my case I've coupled my work with my server to help with debugging and making sure everyone who uses it gets the most out of it, and I don't think the price of a cheap dinner or a beer is much to ask for all the support I provide, so I have no time for pirates or the server resources to spare

I love working on stuff like this and jailbreak gives me free roam with ideas, but if I really wanted to squeeze money out of people I'd just develop boring crap for the AppStore
    Yeah you are right. Cydia isn't a place to make money but we should appreciate the developers and the way is "donation". It makes any developer full of proud and then he develop apps/tweaks further.

I haven't learned much about coding. But i have learned some basic stuff about dreamboard theming by messing with themes. I got a wealth of information about theming from googlecode wynd warrior's post. Now I am trying to make my own dreamboard plist theme and winterboard theme. I plan to share it for free and if people will like it, I will learn coding and try to make dylib theme like you and End.
    Last edited by AHTi.Raja; 09-11-2013 at 09:51 AM.

20. The Following User Says Thank You to AHTi.Raja For This Useful Post:

King_O_Hill (09-11-2013)

Thanks

Groovy, I just LOVE that there is a way to fight piracy built INTO you theme. That it's possible. So you are saying that, for 100% sure, people who've asked about the 'incompatibility' message they're getting are FOR SURE people trying to use a pirated copy?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

awesome theme you created and by the way the price for this wonderful theme is very fair for what you get and for the very good support. so thumbs up from my side

i only hava a few questions. is there a chance to make a colorkeyboard theme in the same style like the phone and lockscreen keyboard is? that would be great. the other thing, i saw that someone posted a screenshot with a weather widget node. how does it work to get this node? can someone please give me a nooby step by step tut to get this to work
    thanks for helping

23. The Following User Says Thank You to king_nutshell For This Useful Post:

Alfroggy (09-11-2013)

Thanks

Groovy, I just LOVE that there is a way to fight piracy built INTO you theme. That it's possible. So you are saying that, for 100% sure, people who've asked about the 'incompatibility' message they're getting are FOR SURE people trying to use a pirated copy?
    Yeah 100%

Quote Originally Posted by king_nutshell View Post
    awesome theme you created and by the way the price for this wonderful theme is very fair for what you get and for the very good support. so thumbs up from my side

i only hava a few questions. is there a chance to make a colorkeyboard theme in the same style like the phone and lockscreen keyboard is? that would be great. the other thing, i saw that someone posted a screenshot with a weather widget node. how does it work to get this node? can someone please give me a nooby step by step tut to get this to work
    thanks for helping
    Hey I don't actually have colour keyboard but I imagine there'll be some nice ones to go with the colour scheme you pick, I may well do one to throw in at some point!

And to get the weather to display on the weather node you just need to install widget weather tweak - you can get it off these forums for sure, don't know if it's on cydia yet. Just install that an create a weather app node

25. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to GroovyCarrot For This Useful Post:

Alfroggy (09-11-2013), King_O_Hill (09-11-2013), mcooper (09-11-2013)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,498 Times in 618 Posts

And to get the weather to display on the weather node you just need to install widget weather tweak - you can get it off these forums for sure, don't know if it's on cydia yet. Just install that an create a weather app node
    I have WW but the weather node doesn't work for me. Any thoughts?ImageUploadedByModMyi1378936845.162464.jpg
    As long as there's hate in your heart, there'll be hate in the world. You can't fight for peace and you cannot capture freedom.

27. The Following User Says Thank You to mcooper For This Useful Post:

King_O_Hill (09-11-2013)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by mcooper View Post
    I have WW but the weather node doesn't work for me. Any thoughts?Attachment 647742
    I've been told toggling extra weather information in the WW settings gives it a kick - native code doesn't use XML usually so I think something is a bit temperamental. Just let me know if you have some success

29. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to GroovyCarrot For This Useful Post:

Alfroggy (09-11-2013), King_O_Hill (09-11-2013), mcooper (09-11-2013)

Thanks

I've been told toggling extra weather information in the WW settings gives it a kick - native code doesn't use XML usually so I think something is a bit temperamental. Just let me know if you have some success
    That's all it took! Works great now.
    As long as there's hate in your heart, there'll be hate in the world. You can't fight for peace and you cannot capture freedom.

31. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to mcooper For This Useful Post:

Alfroggy (09-11-2013), GroovyCarrot (09-11-2013), King_O_Hill (09-11-2013)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I know you're probably asleep but I have another dumb question.

Is there a way of putting a different Lockscreen on? Messing around in Winterboard didn't do anything so I have to guess there's something in IFile I have to do. I just want one with a bit more information on it (like weather, my notifications and such). Also I've noticed that my push notifications don't show up, my phone vibrates but I have no idea what it could be so I wind up having to search through all the likely suspects to find what happened.

Thanks again for all the help.

Thanks

Yeah. It's a known bug that's being worked on by the developer as we speak. The co-developers, King_O_Hill and The_Durben actually mention that toggling between SEMI and CONSTANT in the tweak also gives it the 'kick-start' it needs to get unstuck from not updating. But I guess any switching in there can 'wake up the tweak'. It's a great tweak, still in public beta. So the final is yet to be released. That's good news!

34. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to NewdestinyX For This Useful Post:

King_O_Hill (09-11-2013), mcooper (09-11-2013)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Hannibal8us View Post
    I know you're probably asleep but I have another dumb question.

Is there a way of putting a different Lockscreen on? Messing around in Winterboard didn't do anything so I have to guess there's something in IFile I have to do. I just want one with a bit more information on it (like weather, my notifications and such). Also I've noticed that my push notifications don't show up, my phone vibrates but I have no idea what it could be so I wind up having to search through all the likely suspects to find what happened.

Thanks again for all the help.
    If you are on ios6+ you can press and hold the center of the main node for an option screen. There is a toggle that allows you to disable the nextgen lockscreen which will allow your Winterboard lockscreen to show. ImageUploadedByModMyi1378957215.537610.jpg

36. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to mcooper For This Useful Post:

Alfroggy (09-11-2013), GroovyCarrot (09-12-2013), Hannibal8us (09-11-2013), menard_00 (09-14-2013)