+ Reply
Page 24 of 53 FirstFirst ... 142223242526 34 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: NextGenUI [A HD Theme]

is a discussion within the

iPhone 4|4S New Skins / Themes Launches

forums, a part of the

New Skins / Themes Launches

section;
Originally Posted by Xpress690 ....just a blank screen... Thank you PS: got you the email from Cydia.... PS1: any chance of this theme getting into the iPad? Hey man really
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,360 Times in 364 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Xpress690 View Post
    ....just a blank screen...
    Thank you

PS: got you the email from Cydia....
    PS1: any chance of this theme getting into the iPad?
    Hey man really sorry I haven't been able to get back to you today, just sent you an email so we'll see if we can work it out. Statistically though it seems to be pretty successful: about 600 updated to 4.1 and I've only had a few emails with issues, most of which were medial and I just have 1 person running an iPhone 5 which I have almost resolved. I only have hopefully one more bug to fix for iOS 5 with Alfroggy too

2. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to GroovyCarrot For This Useful Post:

Alfroggy (09-08-2013), King_O_Hill (09-08-2013), metaserph (09-08-2013), Simon (09-08-2013), The.Drifter (09-08-2013)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

So I feel like the biggest idiot right now with this but I figure I better ask to see if it isn't me.

I just bought this awesome theme today and was all excited to get it working but all I get is the middle node, and then a bunch of empty space all around it. Now I figured that maybe this was just the way it looked since the newest update since the screenshots from the other versions had a bunch more but here's the part where I'm feeling like a complete idiot, I can't figure out how to add nodes. I've tried pushing and prodding at every part of the theme for about 2 hours and all I could get was a screen letting me change the colors and the list of apps. Is there something I'm missing or is there something not working or maybe a conflict with some other tweak I have?

Sorry again if I'm being a complete moron, I'm just so excited to use your theme. If there's any other information you need let me know and I'll try to obtain it for you.

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Hannibal8us For This Useful Post:

Alfroggy (09-08-2013), King_O_Hill (09-08-2013)

King Kong ain't got nothing on me! King_O_Hill's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,214 Times in 5,540 Posts

If you press and hold a spot in the open space away from the main node, it should create another node that you can then place an app or a folder.

GroovyCarrot provides excellent support here. Unfortunately it is 3 AM in the UK and he is probably sleeping.
    Widget-Weather App Now Available! Also with MyLocation Support!
    Check out the thread here - Widget-Weather
    To install the Widget-Weather app, just go to Cydia and install. This will also remove MyLocation, as it is built in!
    Want to protect your JailBreak! Add this repo http://cydia.myrepospace.com/iLEXiNFO/ & Install "iLEX R.A.T."
    It will allow you to bring your phone back to a fresh jailbroken state!

6. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to King_O_Hill For This Useful Post:

Alfroggy (09-08-2013), Hannibal8us (09-08-2013), mcooper (09-08-2013), metaserph (09-08-2013)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Hannibal8us View Post
    So I feel like the biggest idiot right now with this but I figure I better ask to see if it isn't me.

I just bought this awesome theme today and was all excited to get it working but all I get is the middle node, and then a bunch of empty space all around it. Now I figured that maybe this was just the way it looked since the newest update since the screenshots from the other versions had a bunch more but here's the part where I'm feeling like a complete idiot, I can't figure out how to add nodes. I've tried pushing and prodding at every part of the theme for about 2 hours and all I could get was a screen letting me change the colors and the list of apps. Is there something I'm missing or is there something not working or maybe a conflict with some other tweak I have?

Sorry again if I'm being a complete moron, I'm just so excited to use your theme. If there's any other information you need let me know and I'll try to obtain it for you.
    Hey man sorry about the late reply, as King said - just tap-hold on a space and it should pop up a new node with a menu to start creating. There should have been a screen pop up when you first run it to explain a few things but to be honest I always skip through stuff like that haha

And yes King I was actually asleep by 2am for a change!

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to GroovyCarrot For This Useful Post:

Alfroggy (09-09-2013), Hannibal8us (09-09-2013), King_O_Hill (09-09-2013)

iPhone? More like MyPhone Xpress690's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by GroovyCarrot View Post
    ....., just sent you an email......
    Where to...???
    Paulo Santos
    vIsIt ThE aZoReS

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Xpress690 View Post
    Where to...???
    Hmm I replied directly to your email via Cydia - have you checked it hasn't junk'd me? Otherwise just message me on this forum and we'll sort it out that way man

11. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to GroovyCarrot For This Useful Post:

Alfroggy (09-09-2013), King_O_Hill (09-09-2013), mcooper (09-09-2013)

iPhone? More like MyPhone Xpress690's Avatar
    Thanks

Hmm I replied directly to your email via Cydia - have you checked it hasn't junk'd me? Otherwise just message me on this forum and we'll sort it out that way man
    I've checked, there's no email
    Please send it to [email protected]
    Thank you

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Xpress690 For This Useful Post:

GroovyCarrot (09-09-2013)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Hey man sorry about the late reply, as King said - just tap-hold on a space and it should pop up a new node with a menu to start creating. There should have been a screen pop up when you first run it to explain a few things but to be honest I always skip through stuff like that haha
    Yea that was the problem, I barely skimmed through that and then got to the theme itself and was like "wait what did that say?". I was just too damn excited.

Thanks again for the help, this is by far the best Dreamboard theme I've come across and look forward to all the further development.

15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Hannibal8us For This Useful Post:

Alfroggy (09-09-2013), King_O_Hill (09-09-2013)

My iPhone is a Part of Me gdd2010's Avatar
    in a barred spiral galaxy on the Cepheus-Draco border
    Thanks

Well guys... I'm gonna be witho9ut a jailbreak for a while. My phone is doing that boot-loop thing again and I reset it to factory.... but for a reason. I'm going to Best Buy to trade in for $200 (its in excellent condition.... teehee) and get an iPhone 5. It, unfortunately, will have 6.1.4 on it and is not JB..... Yet.

Good news... http://www.redmondpie.com/jailbreak-...chieved-image/ Hope it comes out soon!!!

17. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to gdd2010 For This Useful Post:

Alfroggy (09-09-2013), King_O_Hill (09-09-2013)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Hi groovy, I love the work you've done on this, however, when I try to install it on my second device, it sends me through the piracy popup. (I have legitly bought it, and cydia recognizes it as such, but when I try to launch it, it kicks it back)(also, no issues on the iPhone 5 here)
    If you could email me @ [email protected], I'd greatly appreciate it
    Last edited by linuxthekid; 09-10-2013 at 03:08 AM. Reason: added email

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by gdd2010 View Post
    Well guys... I'm gonna be witho9ut a jailbreak for a while. My phone is doing that boot-loop thing again and I reset it to factory.... but for a reason. I'm going to Best Buy to trade in for $200 (its in excellent condition.... teehee) and get an iPhone 5. It, unfortunately, will have 6.1.4 on it and is not JB..... Yet.

Good news... http://www.redmondpie.com/jailbreak-...chieved-image/ Hope it comes out soon!!!
    Ah sad news mate, all phones are never meant to last though and jailbreaking doesn't exactly do them favours. At least you can trade it in and get a nice i5, and I'm sure the jailbreak won't be far off mate

20. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to GroovyCarrot For This Useful Post:

Alfroggy (09-10-2013), King_O_Hill (09-10-2013), mcooper (09-10-2013), Xpress690 (09-10-2013)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    My last post seems to have vanished, or never made it, so posting again real quick.

First off, I love NextGenUI, so much so that I wanted to install it on a second device. I downloaded it from Cydia again, and it installed fine, but when I went to launch it, it kicked me to the piracy popup. I have legitimately purchased it (when it was 3) and that reflects on Cydia. So I was wondering if anyone might have any thoughts as to why it isn't working.

(also, bit of a bug report, when creating a new data node, the keyboard does not always popup when assigning a name, seems random as to when it does and does not. Phone : iPhone 5, iOS v. 6.0.2 build 10A551)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by linuxthekid View Post
    My last post seems to have vanished, or never made it, so posting again real quick.

First off, I love NextGenUI, so much so that I wanted to install it on a second device. I downloaded it from Cydia again, and it installed fine, but when I went to launch it, it kicked me to the piracy popup. I have legitimately purchased it (when it was 3) and that reflects on Cydia. So I was wondering if anyone might have any thoughts as to why it isn't working.

(also, bit of a bug report, when creating a new data node, the keyboard does not always popup when assigning a name, seems random as to when it does and does not. Phone : iPhone 5, iOS v. 6.0.2 build 10A551)
    Hey thanks for the feedback - I have been told about this keyboard issue but I've done as much as I can for it and it still doesn't seem to be enough. I will have to see if there is anything I can do to improve on it, sorry about that!

Also regarding the piracy issue - I actually made a coding mistake and mixed up two error messages, basically it is supposed to say incompatible with your device, I'm guessing you're trying to install on an iPad? I do intend to make it iPad compatible one day but I'll see if the money for an iPad comes my way aha

23. The Following User Says Thank You to GroovyCarrot For This Useful Post:

Alfroggy (09-10-2013)

Thanks
    Thanked 8,148 Times in 3,441 Posts

Hey thanks for the feedback - I have been told about this keyboard issue but I've done as much as I can for it and it still doesn't seem to be enough. I will have to see if there is anything I can do to improve on it, sorry about that!

Also regarding the piracy issue - I actually made a coding mistake and mixed up two error messages, basically it is supposed to say incompatible with your device, I'm guessing you're trying to install on an iPad? I do intend to make it iPad compatible one day but I'll see if the money for an iPad comes my way aha
    I believe he's just trying to run it in a second iPhone or iPod Cydia allows this, but not your built-in piracy check which requires the original device's unique ID you assign it.
    Originally Posted by vXBaKeRXv
    This dude people is nothing but negative. "ALFROGGY"

25. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Alfroggy For This Useful Post:

King_O_Hill (09-10-2013), mcooper (09-10-2013)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,348 Times in 536 Posts

Everything's working great on my i5. My 4s is a bit sluggish, but it's like that with every theme not just this one. On a "personal preference" point I would like to be able to scale the main node and to move,scale and hide the name badges on app nodes.

Quote Originally Posted by Alfroggy View Post
    I believe he's just trying to run it in a second iPhone or iPod Cydia allows this, but not your built-in piracy check which requires the original device's unique ID you assign it.
    I installed on 4 devices from cydia and the only one that gave me the piracy warning was my iPad.
    Last edited by mcooper; 09-10-2013 at 06:10 AM.
    As long as there's hate in your heart, there'll be hate in the world. You can't fight for peace and you cannot capture freedom.

27. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mcooper For This Useful Post:

Alfroggy (09-10-2013), King_O_Hill (09-10-2013)

Thanks
    Thanked 8,148 Times in 3,441 Posts

Ok, didn't try it on several iThings. My bad.
    I agree about the main iPhone node and the icon labels - would allow for even more customisation.
    Originally Posted by vXBaKeRXv
    This dude people is nothing but negative. "ALFROGGY"

29. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Alfroggy For This Useful Post:

King_O_Hill (09-10-2013), mcooper (09-10-2013)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    I was trying to install it on my iPad mini. and was being given all signs that it was compatible when I looked, until I tried to install. I don't feel like digging up my old 4s to try and see if it is the device's unique ID though (which is what I thought the problem was initially)

31. The Following User Says Thank You to linuxthekid For This Useful Post:

Alfroggy (09-10-2013)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by linuxthekid View Post
    I was trying to install it on my iPad mini. and was being given all signs that it was compatible when I looked, until I tried to install. I don't feel like digging up my old 4s to try and see if it is the device's unique ID though (which is what I thought the problem was initially)
    Hey sorry don't get confused with the identifier stuff, it's unique to the device and issued by my server when you first run it - as I said I'd mixed up the messages between the piracy check and the compatibility check so the only reason it's failing is because the device isn't an iPhone/iTouch. Sorry for the confusion there, I don't own an iPad myself and it's not so much writing it that's the problem, it's that I need an iPad myself to see what I need to do graphically to make use of the screen

I know a lot of people are excited to see this on an iPad but to be honest I really can't afford one

Quote Originally Posted by mcooper View Post
    Everything's working great on my i5. My 4s is a bit sluggish, but it's like that with every theme not just this one. On a "personal preference" point I would like to be able to scale the main node and to move,scale and hide the name badges on app nodes.

I installed on 4 devices from cydia and the only one that gave me the piracy warning was my iPad.
    Sure, I have plans to improve but I'm starting uni again next week so we'll see after I've settled back into my degree how much time I've got floating around
    Last edited by GroovyCarrot; 09-10-2013 at 07:03 AM.

33. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to GroovyCarrot For This Useful Post:

Alfroggy (09-10-2013), King_O_Hill (09-10-2013), mcooper (09-10-2013), menard_00 (09-10-2013)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,348 Times in 536 Posts

Sure, I have plans to improve but I'm starting uni again next week so we'll see after I've settled back into my degree how much time I've got floating around
    I think most people on here know that a lot of valuable time goes into creating something like this and there is very little monetary reward. And for someone still working their way through school it's got to be even more difficult. I did all that 20 years ago so life's a little more laid back for me. I am truly enjoying this theme the way it is. What you do is greatly appreciated.
    ImageUploadedByModMyi1378826927.737791.jpg

ImageUploadedByModMyi1378826956.354404.jpg
    As long as there's hate in your heart, there'll be hate in the world. You can't fight for peace and you cannot capture freedom.

35. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mcooper For This Useful Post:

Alfroggy (09-10-2013), King_O_Hill (09-10-2013)

Thanks
    Thanked 7,642 Times in 3,905 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Alfroggy View Post
    Hmm. I've never heard of this. I've been jail broken on as many as 4 different devices including my wife's phone. And my Cydia login allows me to download my purchased tweaks on all 4 devices. This has been the case with Cydia for YEARS for me. Never once seen a piracy message.
    Here to help if I can. If I can't I know someone who can!

37. The Following User Says Thank You to NewdestinyX For This Useful Post:

King_O_Hill (09-10-2013)