+ Reply
Page 2 of 54 FirstFirst 1234 12 52 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: NextGenUI [A HD Theme]

is a discussion within the

iPhone 4|4S New Skins / Themes Launches

forums, a part of the

New Skins / Themes Launches

section;
It's a bug with dream board while you edit but if you leave the menu and reopen it then it should fix it, also the major update has been sent
    Evil Genius Developer GroovyCarrot's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,976 Times in 446 Posts

It's a bug with dream board while you edit but if you leave the menu and reopen it then it should fix it, also the major update has been sent to ModMyI for them to process so expect the update soon

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to GroovyCarrot For This Useful Post:

Alfroggy (07-15-2013), gdd2010 (03-16-2013)

iPhone? More like MyPhone kenboyles72's Avatar
    Thanks

got this theme and playing around with it. i have created a few icons and they theme ok on the desktop, but they are not themed in the folders, any ideas?

Edit: nm, figured it out, had to go in and delete the cache.
    Last edited by kenboyles72; 03-15-2013 at 09:59 PM.

Thanks

Yeah I was having that problem when I was working, you have to go and wipe the dreamboard cache

Also NextGenUI is now available on ThemeIt

5. The Following User Says Thank You to GroovyCarrot For This Useful Post:

Alfroggy (07-15-2013)

Thanks
    I have a suggestion for the lock screen that I think would match really well with the overall feel of this theme. So what I was thinking is that instead of a slider lock screen you could make something like a ball in the middle bottom that you drag into the center of the core in the middle and it would maybe expand a blue like color to fill the center circle and that would unlock it. Not sure if this is possible or not.

Thanks

I was going to do the lock screen but I can't since I have a bug in dreamboard on my phone, update 2.0 went up a couple of hours ago so grab the update I'm sure everyone will love the changes! and unfortunately I doubt I'll be doing any more work for the iPhone, insanelyi have ****ed me over and already took all my revenue so I don't really know what to do since I don't have time to work for nothing, my student loan is crippling me without any income as fun as it is, I guess that's the way the cookie crumbles

8. The Following User Says Thank You to GroovyCarrot For This Useful Post:

Alfroggy (07-15-2013)

My iPhone is a Part of Me gdd2010's Avatar
    in a barred spiral galaxy on the Cepheus-Draco border
    Thanks

I remember when ELSE came out, there was a file emailed to purchasers that had to do with there Cydia account. Only if you had this file, could you use the theme.
    Put a stop on the pirates.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to gdd2010 For This Useful Post:

Alfroggy (07-15-2013)

Thanks

Yeah to be honest I don't want to have to go overboard with making it secure and beating money out of people, if people feel something is worth paying for then they'll pay for it, it's just a bit of a pain when someone spent weeks working on it aha.
    I'll work on another update soon and see how much support I get really, the main reason why I did this is because I enjoy doing it, it's just hard when you need a little back, all support is very much appreciated and I hope that you all enjoy my work!

Thanks

I'm having reports that the stock apps are not themed, if anyone is having this problem can they just let me know what language they are running their iOS on, and also make sure you aren't running any other winterboard themes that may theme icons differently

Thanks

Update 2.0.1 live today, just some minor bug fixes and developer awareness implemented, not so much combating piracy but just a reminder that as developers we like a little back

Thanks to all that have paid for this theme and I appreciate your continued support

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to GroovyCarrot For This Useful Post:

Alfroggy (07-15-2013), The.Drifter (09-10-2013)

Thanks
    How do I get the themed message icon for bitesms?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by iTyrone View Post
    How do I get the themed message icon for bitesms?
    you have to create one or do what i did. I took and copied the two sms icons and renamed them.

the original icons are located in "/private/var/mobile/Library/DreamBoard/NextGenUI2/Icons"

copy and rename Messages.png and [email protected] to biteSMS.png and [email protected]

Thanks

Made some round icons Dunno if it's possible, but can you hide the hidden icons, like field test, setup, etc..?

Last edited by kenboyles72; 03-18-2013 at 06:13 PM.

Thanks

Hey that looks nice! I have plans to improve the icons and I've been undecided between the corner-cut look or making them circular in the style of the rest of the theme, I'm going to experiment and see what I like best but may well include the files in the theme for user preference.

And no, unfortunately you can't hide them and it's a bit frustrating as a developer when you come across bugs like that and can't do anything about them. I'd love it if DreamBoard got an update, or even just got better documented because I'm still unsure the full extent that I can do with it, I'm a web designer by experience so to be honest I just avoid using DreamBoard as much as possible and use the WebView frames to build up the interface and write much of the UI in JavaScript - what I'd really like is some way to communicate between DreamBoard and the UI seemlessly though I'm guessing he didn't have web designers in mind while he was developing it and to my knowledge he isn't going to update it again

Also I decided I'd might as well go all out on this and do one last major update since I'll only annoy myself with all my ideas haha. NextGenUI3 will be huge compared to this and I'll be working on it over the next few weeks but I've got a lot of coursework for uni to get done first so I've got to prioritise

19. The Following User Says Thank You to GroovyCarrot For This Useful Post:

Alfroggy (07-15-2013)

Thanks

Yeah, thought I read somewhere that you couldn't hide the icons. Oh well, that's why I created default icons, that way I wouldn't see ugly white icons, lol. Looking forward to the next update, great job on what you have released so far.

Thanks

can you make a tweetbot icon? and a pandora one?
    and what sms skin/ theme would go great with this? along with email, i try to theme my whole phone to have it uniform, but it doesnt have this and i LOVE this theme

thank you

Thanks

Default complete theme
    trying to make this more springboard and winterboard friendly by teaming it up with good loading screens, sms theme, email theme, phone theme, more icons, etc.

found one that kinda works (hi.DEF[D]) but its not a perfect match...

any help?

thanks again

Thanks

No problem, I'll include biteSMS Tweetbot and pandora icons in the next update.

Got a lot of exciting stuff planned for NextGenUI3 that will address the issue of consistency I've got a whole load of features I'm going to implement

24. The Following User Says Thank You to GroovyCarrot For This Useful Post:

Alfroggy (07-15-2013)

Thanks

All you gotta do is make a winter board theme to skin SMS and email and dialer and everything... This theme is too good to fall short...
    Worthy investment finishing it...
    I know it will be a lot of work... Just make it simple, black and that neonish green...
    Simple=better

Theme the whole phone!

Thanks

I've got some cool ideas to keep colour customisation a major feature of this theme, the piracy issue is kinda demotivating me, I'm not going to lie, but I will be completing this theme rather than leave it hanging.

My iPhone is a Part of Me gdd2010's Avatar
    in a barred spiral galaxy on the Cepheus-Draco border
    Thanks

Hey! Something to help get the word out of your theme Carrot. Blue posted of this issue and he usually get a "Featured Theme" for every one of his themes.

"The thread at modmyi where you can suggest Featured Themes is senseless and must be closed.
    No one reads or forwards your proposals anymore (Neither modmyi nor K. Nitsua).
    The responsible guy who makes a proposal list of Featured Themes for Saurik is from the MacCiti website only.

So, if users want to suggest a theme, start Cydia, press Featured themes, scroll down and write him a email ([email protected]).

Why is this necessary ?

Most users that buy themes donīt even know modmyi. So a theme that is released at Cydia and doesnīt become a Featured theme gets lost after some days at Cydia, the sales go down to zero.
    So for any themer itīs existential to become his theme a Featured theme as most users only look for new themes at the Featured themes section at Cydia. A Featured Theme motivates theme makers, generates constant sales and guarantees future updates and ongoing support for this theme."

Just something to get your theme mentioned and get the sales rolling. Piracy, unfortunately is here to stay (for now) until there can be better licensing abilities for themers.

28. The Following User Says Thank You to gdd2010 For This Useful Post:

Alfroggy (07-15-2013)