Page 12 of 54 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 22 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: NextGenUI [A HD Theme]

Quote Originally Posted by GroovyCarrot View Post
    I imagine most people look at the first page and at the i5 forum, I get some good feedback from Krima on these forums however but I'm guessing everyone is all hyped about the metro interface by Endfinity aha. I don't mind though cause I've got a lot of cool ideas for this UI and I suppose it has an originality bonus, so we'll see where it goes. I'm not going to give many spoilers because I'm not sure how well my ideas will work but I'll try my best to make this everything I had planned
    You should make your own OS haha
    This is amazing.
    I know I keep saying this but just try to theme as much of the phone as you can

Quote Originally Posted by GroovyCarrot View Post
    I imagine most people look at the first page and at the i5 forum, I get some good feedback from Krima on these forums however but I'm guessing everyone is all hyped about the metro interface by Endfinity aha. I don't mind though cause I've got a lot of cool ideas for this UI and I suppose it has an originality bonus, so we'll see where it goes. I'm not going to give many spoilers because I'm not sure how well my ideas will work but I'll try my best to make this everything I had planned
    You know me man, I'm very excited about this. I'm game whenever you are on what we discussed the other day.

My iPhone is a Part of Me gdd2010's Avatar
    in a barred spiral galaxy on the Cepheus-Draco border
    Thanks

Haha! Just figured out my post about beta testing wasn't complete. Sorry 'bout that. As I was mentioning, My daughter's iPad is avail. for me to beta should you want to get this to an iPad port, just as you did the i5 version with Krima. Let me know!!

Evil Genius Developer GroovyCarrot's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,216 Times in 483 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by tmessy View Post
    You should make your own OS haha
    This is amazing.
    I know I keep saying this but just try to theme as much of the phone as you can
    Cheers for the feedback, it's appreciated, I'll definitely have as much as the phone themed up as I can depends how soon I feel I need to release depends on whether the extras like the music app gets themed.
    Quote Originally Posted by Krima View Post
    You know me man, I'm very excited about this. I'm game whenever you are on what we discussed the other day.
    Quote Originally Posted by gdd2010 View Post
    Haha! Just figured out my post about beta testing wasn't complete. Sorry 'bout that. As I was mentioning, My daughter's iPad is avail. for me to beta should you want to get this to an iPad port, just as you did the i5 version with Krima. Let me know!!
    Great stuff guys, I'm writing it to automatically configure to the screen size and so would theoretically work on the iPad but the graphic layers would not be large enough to look as good - I'll get an iPad test in before or after release depending on how easy it is to theme UIKit as I imagine there's a few more images that Winterboard will need. Also I noticed a few winterboard images slipped by me and some of the mini-layer buttons aren't themed so I'll patch that in this version too

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to GroovyCarrot For This Useful Post:

gdd2010 (06-23-2013), Krima (06-21-2013)

Thanks

So Groovy! I was messing around with some icon ideas. So far I did the PodControl icons. What do ya think? More of the futuristic concept I hope you are going for:
    -img_0269.png-img_0270.png

Here's the 3rd iteration:
    -img_0271.png
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails -img_0268.png  
    Last edited by gdd2010; 06-23-2013 at 05:08 AM.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to gdd2010 For This Useful Post:

Krima (06-23-2013)

Thanks

With Square Rings. I created a PSD Template for all of this btw.

-img_0272.png

9. The Following User Says Thank You to gdd2010 For This Useful Post:

Krima (06-23-2013)

I love the 3rd one quite a bit. I think it goes perfectly with the theme.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Krima For This Useful Post:

gdd2010 (06-23-2013)

Thanks

Last edited by gdd2010; 06-23-2013 at 06:47 AM.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to gdd2010 For This Useful Post:

Krima (06-23-2013)

Thanks

OK. I can't help it. I'm a night owl because I work nights. So, here's another version.

HEX

-img_0274.png

15. The Following User Says Thank You to gdd2010 For This Useful Post:

Krima (06-23-2013)

Thanks

Hey looking good GD, you'll be pleased to know icon customisation is carried through in this update but are loaded and coloured by the UI according to the custom colour set by the user, also at the moment other app icons are tinted to the UI colour but I may depreciate or improve that, I'm undecided.

So this is how you can navigate through all of your apps at the moment, by tapping on the centre node, this interface will also be used for setting node contents but I've got a bit more work to do at the anyway so let me know what you make of it.

Still need to implement a hold - menu - uninstall option which will finally eliminate springboard all together, also got some rewriting to do but hoping to have a stable build at the end of the week

Thanks

That is sweet! Looking better everyday! Am so stoked to give this a try. Also, how is the memory load at the moment?

Yeah! Nice!
    Cannot wait!!!

The icon thing seems great.
    Is there anyway to auto-theme icons like some themes do? Or is that impossible with unique original icons such as these?
    Just getting all the icons throughout the phone would be sick.
    Like in the settings menu? Having those icons themed too.

Thanks

The "standard" ios icons would come themed. But a mask would really be limited as it only "applies" a layer over the icon. You would have to customize your own. The icon themes I made are PSD layers in the Dropbox account I made for this theme. I provided the pass and account to get to.

Thanks

I'm working on an auto theme for icons but I'm unsure how is best to go about it at the moment, I'll go through the settings icons since you asked; I'll also theme auxo and bitesms but I'll leave it there I think and do the music app at a later date.

Memory load and battery drain is normal but yesterday it was quite sunny out and I noticed even with the brightness level normal I struggled to see the screen clearly, so I think I need to go back to the drawing board and see what I can do

Thanks

Finished the basic functionality of the UI so thought I'd upload a little preview

22. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to GroovyCarrot For This Useful Post:

gdd2010 (06-29-2013), The.Drifter (09-06-2013)

Thanks

Stop teasing!!!!!! Awesome! Love the app removal function. Lower memory load than the DB way.
    So, I presume this is going to operate outside of DB as a substrate addon?
    Either way, AMAZING!!!!!
    Oh I made a subreddit in the reddit community ios themes to broadcast your amazing work. Hope it draws traffic your way!

Looks amazing man. Can't wait to try this one out.

Thanks

Groovy, one thing I noticed and meant to ask; it's great the app placement and delete option is there. But, what if you just want to move it. Is that an option in the context menu, or must it be deleted then placed again else ware?

Thanks

Hey thanks, I appreciate any sharing of my work about the internet - I could do with the extra coverage, but I'm hoping this update draws a lot of attention when it's released. And yes theme is a substrate addon that just uses dreamboard for loading and unloading, other than that it doesn't actually use db at all.

With regards to moving the icons around, it is going to be implemented but as I said so far it's only basic functionality - I've just added notifications to appear on the apps list and I need to design a nice notification display on the nodes themselves. I need to add a move function but you can also change the app the node links to now.

Extra features in the works includes optional sound effects, since I've had several requests from NGUI3 users, still need to implement the radial menu and datastore nodes but I've found a nice framework to use for datastore so that shouldn't take too long. The radial menu needs to be completely reimplemented however - I should be able to get it to respond to circular motion this time instead of just up and down, I also plan on implementing a clock and also have lines drawn between the nodes linking them together.

After all that is done and I have a stable build I will release it to MMI and likely push up the price slightly after all this work, plus I've added anti-piracy logic which should hopefully put a stop to the demotivating mass of people that don't feel like paying a few dollars haha, I'd like to just up the amount of people that pay from the current 5% that my server knows of - since my rent is going up next year as well I just don't want to be putting time into this to end up struggling for money

27. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to GroovyCarrot For This Useful Post:

gdd2010 (06-29-2013), Krima (06-29-2013), The.Drifter (09-06-2013)

All this sounds amazing man. You deserve to bump up the price a little bit. Looking forward to this release.

Page 12 of 54 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 22 ... LastLast