+ Reply
Page 11 of 54 FirstFirst ... 910111213 21 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: NextGenUI [A HD Theme]

is a discussion within the

iPhone 4|4S New Skins / Themes Launches

forums, a part of the

New Skins / Themes Launches

section;
Can't wait mate!!! So stoked!!! Best of luck.
    Thanks

Can't wait mate!!! So stoked!!!
    Best of luck.

Evil Genius Developer GroovyCarrot's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,605 Times in 398 Posts

After a week of struggling with this crashing issue, as I suspected it was because of memory management of iOS auto releasing objects, and I was under the impression the compiler was using Automatic Reference Counting but turns out it wasn't but compiling anyway - so problem resolved and I'm back to working now, I'll let you guys know about the next update

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by GroovyCarrot View Post
    After a week of struggling with this crashing issue, as I suspected it was because of memory management of iOS auto releasing objects, and I was under the impression the compiler was using Automatic Reference Counting but turns out it wasn't but compiling anyway - so problem resolved and I'm back to working now, I'll let you guys know about the next update
    Stock icons would be dope. Maybe even a basic theme that can apply to ALL icons?
    Maybe jellylock theme?
    Just love this theme.
    Best of luck

Thanks

I'm still figuring out the technicals on the icons and to still make it customisable to some extent, I think I'll include a jellylock theme as it does fit nicely, I didn't know about that extension.

Update, last day's work is the tap-hold to bring up the menu to place nodes in the space

Two node's I'm implementing include a radial menu, like the menu in NGUI3, and a 3D flicker type thing. I'm going to add a feature to search in your apps as springboard offers you due to popular request, and also remove the system bundles from DreamBoard's apps array

5. The Following User Says Thank You to GroovyCarrot For This Useful Post:

gdd2010 (06-20-2013)

My iPhone is a Part of Me gdd2010's Avatar
    in a barred spiral galaxy on the Cepheus-Draco border
    Thanks

One more thing, Groovy...
    Could you theme the PodControl App? Its a set of icons on your home screen (can be used in DB) that let you control music/media. It would be great to have them integrated to look like a widget that is part of the theme.

Thanks

I realise since there's two threads for the i4 and 5 I end up double posting but this one is useful

Okay guys, for those of you that are using DreamBoard, for this theme or any other, you've probably been bugged by the system bundles that DreamBoard doesn't filter out of the applications. So just this morning I've been addressing the issue for the NGUI4 update as I figured it would be a good opportunity to sort out the problem - so you'll be happy to know I've removed them, but not only that I thought I'd package the fix separately since it'll be a couple of weeks since NGUI4 is ready for release.

dreamboardapplicationsfix.zip
    (DreamBoardApplicationsFix.dylib)

Code:
    DreamBoard Applications List Fix
    MobileSubstrate Tweak by GroovyCarrot
    17/06/13

Drop DreamBoardApplicationsFix.dylib in /Library/MobileSubstrate/DynamicLibraries

Removes bundles:
    	com.apple.datadetectors.DDActionsService
    	com.apple.FacebookAccountMigrationDialog
    	com.apple.fieldtest
    	com.apple.gamecenter.GameCenterUIService
    	com.apple.springboard
    	com.apple.ios.StoreKitUIService
    	com.apple.TextInput.kbd
    	com.apple.MailCompositionService
    	com.apple.mobilesms.compose
    	com.apple.quicklook.quicklookd
    	com.apple.purplebuddy
    	com.apple.ShoeboxUIService
    	com.apple.SocialUIService
    	com.apple.social.remoteui.SocialUIService
    	com.apple.WebViewService

com.apple.iad.iAdOptOut is stubborn and refuses to be removed, however the tweak does try to remove it
    With regards to NGUI4 progress, I've implemented loading and saving nodes and can launch apps from bundleID's so all I need to do is implement the nodes.

I can also confirm that in NGUI4 the icons will be colour customisable in addition to the entire UI, you will also be able to uninstall apps and search apps in NGUI4

Quote Originally Posted by gdd2010 View Post
    One more thing, Groovy...
    Could you theme the PodControl App? Its a set of icons on your home screen (can be used in DB) that let you control music/media. It would be great to have them integrated to look like a widget that is part of the theme.
    Erm, I think what I'll do is throw in a music control node, maybe in a future update, or maybe in this version but I'm taking the time to get this update spot on. I'm also going to see what I can do with the lockscreen and music controls

8. The Following User Says Thank You to GroovyCarrot For This Useful Post:

gdd2010 (06-17-2013)

Thanks

Well. Groovy, I can probably speak for tmessy as well... In sure the two of us wouldn't mind beta testing for ya.
    Let us know if you need anything... Like icon assembly... Or anything else.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to gdd2010 For This Useful Post:

tmessy (06-18-2013)

Thanks

Well. Groovy, I can probably speak for tmessy as well... In sure the two of us wouldn't mind beta testing for ya.
    Let us know if you need anything... Like icon assembly... Or anything else.
    ready and available.
    love showing off this theme to people and willing to do anything to take it one step further.

cheers mate

Thanks

Cheers for the interest guys, can't think of anyone better to beta test this for the i4 so I'll definitely be in touch when I've got a beta together

Pictures are nice but doesn't really show this off so figured I'd do a short video, apologies for the lagging, knew I should have gone for the 4S aha.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to GroovyCarrot For This Useful Post:

gdd2010 (06-20-2013)

Thanks

Cheers for the interest guys, can't think of anyone better to beta test this for the i4 so I'll definitely be in touch when I've got a beta together

Pictures are nice but doesn't really show this off so figured I'd do a short video, apologies for the lagging, knew I should have gone for the 4S aha.
    HOLY SH!T!!!
    That's amazing!!!!!
    How did you take off the restraints of moving along with the y axis?!
    Like a freeroaming interface!?
    So sickkkkk!

So freaking stoked!!!

Is the whole phone going to themed like ngui3?

Thanks

First thing I saw when I woke up!!!
    Wow! Just wow! Are you doing all of this in Xcode? You should probably tell the DB community what you've done.
    This is just, just AMAZING!!! Quite possibly going to be one of the best DB themes.
    One question, is there going to be a quality setting... Like 2.0/3.0? I can only see RAM being an issue. May want to instruct to disable substrates that arent needed to access the full effect.
    But, still astounding. I have been theme testing for 4 yrs now and this will be the single best theme I've run...EVER!!!!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by tmessy View Post
    HOLY SH!T!!!
    That's amazing!!!!!
    How did you take off the restraints of moving along with the y axis?!
    Like a freeroaming interface!?
    So sickkkkk!

So freaking stoked!!!

Is the whole phone going to themed like ngui3?
    I'm going to keep the Winterboard theme from NGUI3 with some changes, at the moment I have plans to redesign the lockscreen and change notification banners, not push it too much to keep memory usage low, but the concept I've got at the moment is a free-roaming interface and I plan on using pinch gestures to make it really interactive which was what I wanted to do with this originally. It's pretty much going to run as smooth and functional as springboard with app uninstall and notifications, just infinitely cooler.
    First thing I saw when I woke up!!!
    Wow! Just wow! Are you doing all of this in Xcode? You should probably tell the DB community what you've done.
    This is just, just AMAZING!!! Quite possibly going to be one of the best DB themes.
    One question, is there going to be a quality setting... Like 2.0/3.0? I can only see RAM being an issue. May want to instruct to disable substrates that arent needed to access the full effect.
    But, still astounding. I have been theme testing for 4 yrs now and this will be the single best theme I've run...EVER!!!!
    Thanks guys, I might include quality settings but in the video the only reason there is lag is because the display recorder was running, otherwise the UI is smooth and battery consumption is normal. And I'm writing the whole thing in Objective-C using Notepad++; I tried x-code and I hated it - but turns out Objective-C is C, just objectified I suppose, so it wasn't hard to pick up at all after reading some basic concepts

17. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to GroovyCarrot For This Useful Post:

gdd2010 (06-20-2013), Krima (06-20-2013)

Thanks

Gglllllllll. Gimme gimme gimme gimme!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks

sounds so sweet!

I remember on NGUI3 that there were trouble with the icons from notifications on the lockscreen. can you theme those, to make those match?

could you theme bitesms? or miniplayer theme? auxo?

idk just trying to list out all possibilites

Thanks

I'm going to keep the Winterboard theme from NGUI3 with some changes, at the moment I have plans to redesign the lockscreen and change notification banners, not push it too much to keep memory usage low, but the concept I've got at the moment is a free-roaming interface and I plan on using pinch gestures to make it really interactive which was what I wanted to do with this originally. It's pretty much going to run as smooth and functional as springboard with app uninstall and notifications, just infinitely cooler.
    Pinch Gestures? As in... making the theme interactive on a 3 Dimensional plane? AWESOME!!!!!!!!

Oh, one thing my daughter brought up (she's 13 and is on a whole different level.) In the moving around on the "board" what if you forget where you are. is there a "home feature" to return you to a point of origin?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by tmessy View Post
    sounds so sweet!

I remember on NGUI3 that there were trouble with the icons from notifications on the lockscreen. can you theme those, to make those match?

could you theme bitesms? or miniplayer theme? auxo?

idk just trying to list out all possibilites
    Those icons will all be themed in addition to Auxo and biteSMS - I think I'll be doing some different work with the mini player

Pinch Gestures? As in... making the theme interactive on a 3 Dimensional plane? AWESOME!!!!!!!!

Oh, one thing my daughter brought up (she's 13 and is on a whole different level.) In the moving around on the "board" what if you forget where you are. is there a "home feature" to return you to a point of origin?
    Yeah kind of, it'll be like so you can pinch on nodes to expand them and swipe through them, I've got some cool ideas for the lockscreen too but as I said this is a bit far from release at the moment. And I did think about if you get lost, so a double tap gesture on the board homes you back to the middle node, but I'd like to assign that action to the home button, so I might look into linking it with activator - you'll also notice subtly where you are in relation to the middle as to how the space moves

22. The Following User Says Thank You to GroovyCarrot For This Useful Post:

gdd2010 (06-20-2013)

Thanks

Wow! Sounding better and better. Can not wait to get ahold of this bad boy!

Thanks

Groovy! Spoke with my daughter; and she is willing to let me beta test the new next gen ui on it when you set it out.
    This theme, on an iPad would be stunning!

Thanks

Hell yeah!
    How is this conversation only within us 3?!
    This is HUGE

Thanks

I imagine most people look at the first page and at the i5 forum, I get some good feedback from Krima on these forums however but I'm guessing everyone is all hyped about the metro interface by Endfinity aha. I don't mind though cause I've got a lot of cool ideas for this UI and I suppose it has an originality bonus, so we'll see where it goes. I'm not going to give many spoilers because I'm not sure how well my ideas will work but I'll try my best to make this everything I had planned

27. The Following User Says Thank You to GroovyCarrot For This Useful Post:

Krima (06-20-2013)