+ Reply
Page 10 of 53 FirstFirst ... 89101112 20 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: NextGenUI [A HD Theme]

is a discussion within the

iPhone 4|4S New Skins / Themes Launches

forums, a part of the

New Skins / Themes Launches

section;
so that iToneMod guys review of Nextgen ui looks way different than the version i paid for. how does he have those icons on the very left screen and icons
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

so that iToneMod guys review of Nextgen ui looks way different than the version i paid for. how does he have those icons on the very left screen and icons on the wheel? is that an older version??

Thanks
    Thanked 1,359 Times in 364 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by iLux View Post
    so that iToneMod guys review of Nextgen ui looks way different than the version i paid for. how does he have those icons on the very left screen and icons on the wheel? is that an older version??
    Yeah he reviewed version 1.0 and the current version is 3.3, which has had a load of improvements made to it since the initial release if you check the changelog

Thanks

Dying for springboard icons to be themed...
    Then it would be 100% complete!
    (Well that and bitesms, chrome, Instagram, tweetbot, Facebook themed hahaha Just kidding, I'm picky. Wish I knew how to theme apps and icons)

Thanks

Hey what springboard icons do you mean? I didn't theme springboard since I use dreamboard and it would have been a waste of memory to have winter board replacing icons too. Also I will do a biteSMS theme and an Auxo theme in the next update, however it may not be soon. Thanks for the feedback though!

5. The Following User Says Thank You to GroovyCarrot For This Useful Post:

Alfroggy (07-15-2013)

iPhone? More like MyPhone kenboyles72's Avatar
    Thanks

Instead of a winterboard icon theme, just make dreamboard icons like I did. Put your icons in /private/var/mobile/Library/DreamBoard/NextGenUI3/Icons and name them exactly how they appear on the desktop. Then go to /private/var/mobile/Library/DreamBoard/_library/Cache/Icons/NextGenUI3 and delete all icons, reboot for changes to take.

Thanks

Icons so that when you receive a text message on your lock screen, or go to your icon switcher. Make those one the same theme as ngui3.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by tmessy View Post
    Icons so that when you receive a text message on your lock screen, or go to your icon switcher. Make those one the same theme as ngui3.
    Ah yes sorry I forgot to do that in the last update as I was busy with bug fixes, I'll theme those up too. Not sure how I forgot really as I'm reminded everytime I get a message or notification

9. The Following User Says Thank You to GroovyCarrot For This Useful Post:

Alfroggy (07-15-2013)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Default Thank you!
    Hey man, just want to say thanks and good job for making something for people to enhance their experience with the iPhone! Keep up the good work!

11. The Following User Says Thank You to ipikachu For This Useful Post:

Alfroggy (07-15-2013)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default Any chance for iPad mini
    Do you think you will ever have a chance to make it for the mini? It looks like the coolest thing on the earth it's just that I have a iPad

Thanks

Hey thanks for the feedback guys!
    Quote Originally Posted by Sexy guy View Post
    Do you think you will ever have a chance to make it for the mini? It looks like the coolest thing on the earth it's just that I have a iPad
    Sorry dude, I would do this for the iPad but I don't actually own one to jailbreak

Finished my exams, never been less motivated this year but they're done with aha. Came back to this today and had some thoughts, I thought the swipe features were a cool idea but then I just thought why don't I just have vertical branch nodes and just have a 9 page grid layout to explore and customise?
    So you can navigate not only left and right of the node, but also up, down, up-left, down-right, whatever you like. Have a different nodes and branches to choose from? The idea is once again a massive amount of work though and I'm a bit fed up of Dreamboard being outdated so I'm going to use my girlfriend's mac and see if I can crack at Xcode - not going to rewrite dreamboard but I'm guessing no one has actually thought of writing themes in Xcode before and it'd work around dreamboard's awful script handling.

Also thought I'd mention I had a play with sounds, there were actually a couple of sounds in the Winterboard theme but they weren't correctly formatted since I replaced the wrong sounds - I found some really nice royalty free sounds and I didn't really think much of it before but it does actually quite complete this experience, so I will at least be adding sounds in the next update

14. The Following User Says Thank You to GroovyCarrot For This Useful Post:

Alfroggy (07-15-2013)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by GroovyCarrot View Post
    Hey thanks for the feedback guys!

Sorry dude, I would do this for the iPad but I don't actually own one to jailbreak

Finished my exams, never been less motivated this year but they're done with aha. Came back to this today and had some thoughts, I thought the swipe features were a cool idea but then I just thought why don't I just have vertical branch nodes and just have a 9 page grid layout to explore and customise?
    So you can navigate not only left and right of the node, but also up, down, up-left, down-right, whatever you like. Have a different nodes and branches to choose from? The idea is once again a massive amount of work though and I'm a bit fed up of Dreamboard being outdated so I'm going to use my girlfriend's mac and see if I can crack at Xcode - not going to rewrite dreamboard but I'm guessing no one has actually thought of writing themes in Xcode before and it'd work around dreamboard's awful script handling.

Also thought I'd mention I had a play with sounds, there were actually a couple of sounds in the Winterboard theme but they weren't correctly formatted since I replaced the wrong sounds - I found some really nice royalty free sounds and I didn't really think much of it before but it does actually quite complete this experience, so I will at least be adding sounds in the next update
    Always excited for further development.
    Love your work.

I thought they were going to update dreamboard?
    Is it possible to work on a winterboard theme that is the perfect accent to ngui? Like theme everything! Tweetbot, facebook, settings, all icons, nc center?

Idk make every aspect of the phone ngui,
    Don't quit on this, this theme is soooo sick.

But yes, dreamboard does blow haha

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Hey can you please get a whatsapp icon in the new update and when will you get a theme for SbSettings? Can't wait for the next update!

Also, desperately need a good keyboard theme with this too, if you could please make one or if someone can recommend a keyboard theme that would look good with this
    Last edited by azeembilour; 05-14-2013 at 03:17 PM.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by azeembilour View Post
    Hey can you please get a whatsapp icon in the new update and when will you get a theme for SbSettings? Can't wait for the next update!

Also, desperately need a good keyboard theme with this too, if you could please make one or if someone can recommend a keyboard theme that would look good with this
    Here you go!
    ImageUploadedByModMyi1368574609.093164.jpg

My iPhone is a Part of Me gdd2010's Avatar
    in a barred spiral galaxy on the Cepheus-Draco border
    Thanks

19. The Following User Says Thank You to gdd2010 For This Useful Post:

Alfroggy (07-15-2013)

Thanks

Hey, Neurotech seems to be the buffer theme that everyone likes to use, to be honest I tried to theme the keyboard and couldn't find the images at all so I'm open to suggestions?

With regards to this, I'm redesigning the theme as NextGenUI4 using mobile substrate instead and then still using DreamBoard to launch the theme. I haven't had much time to sit down with it but since I'm free to write the whole thing in C I'm actually unlimited with what I can do with this so I've thrown together some loose concepts for you guys - from what I understand I can write in C++ but I'm adapting to use Objective-C which I've never used before so it's just spending some time getting some experience with it.

I'm thinking centre iPhone node and then an edit mode whereby you can create nodes and branches of different types, including circular menus of different sizes, folders and single apps. Instead of panning left and right, having a 2D grid to explore and modify as you like. Feel free to give me more ideas but I tend to think as I work

21. The Following User Says Thank You to GroovyCarrot For This Useful Post:

Alfroggy (07-15-2013)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Hey mate i was wondering if the swipe from bottom configuration could be removed as it interferes with the 3 swipe from bottom features you can use from activator. Also multi touch on the home screen does not work also such as pinch and spread. I was wondering if you could make it more activator friendly Another issue I have is that every time I press the home button whilst a menu is up, the keyboard comes up - loving the work nonetheless though. Keep it up.
    Last edited by j3nk1ns; 05-22-2013 at 04:53 AM. Reason: forgot content

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by j3nk1ns View Post
    Hey mate i was wondering if the swipe from bottom configuration could be removed as it interferes with the 3 swipe from bottom features you can use from activator. Also multi touch on the home screen does not work also such as pinch and spread. I was wondering if you could make it more activator friendly Another issue I have is that every time I press the home button whilst a menu is up, the keyboard comes up - loving the work nonetheless though. Keep it up.
    Hey, the problem is that dreamboard runs instances on top of springboard which caucuses problems like that - you don't actually have to swipe from the top or the bottom however, just from near the top or the bottom. I just swipe from underneath the status bar for the top so as not to bring down the notification centre. The update will fix all the dreamboard issues however since I'm just implementing code myself

Thanks

Hey Groovy... How's it going? Just checking to see how the coding in Obj C is coming along. Let us know if you naeed any graphics help. I'm actually getting pretty good at this Photoshop stuff. I created some animations for the Neurotech community.

25. The Following User Says Thank You to gdd2010 For This Useful Post:

Alfroggy (07-15-2013)

Thanks

Hey it's coming along well thanks - here's what's happening so far, I keep getting crashes from using NSTimer though I realise it isn't a memory efficient method my only other solution is to listen to lockscreen events to determine use - what I'm trying to do is completely change the feel of the phone, I want to remove the status bar and have status information displayed graphically but I just need to think of a way to update graphics regarding signal strength and battery charge without risk of springboard crash from what I suspect is because iOS is releasing my objects too soon. I've made progress today by emulating OS X on my win 7 laptop and getting the necessary tools to compile the mobilesubstrate tweak with ARC as until now I have been writing in windows, copy to iphone, compile, check errors, fix, change, copy, compile... frankly it's been driving me mad haha.

But here's what is going on so far, you can navigate about a 2D space with this displayed in the centre. I plan on implementing a touch hold function to bring about a point menu and you can drop menus and interactive's in the space that link together with lines as in the previous version

The green segments represent battery charge, green indicates charging and in the lower charges it appears red

27. The Following User Says Thank You to GroovyCarrot For This Useful Post:

gdd2010 (06-10-2013)

Thanks

So.
    Want.
    This.
    Naow!!!!!!!!!

Found this forum post about the status bar issue:
    http://modmyi.com/forums/skinning-themes-discussion/818332-hide-remove-ios-6-1-status-bar.html

Hope it helps!!!
    Last edited by gdd2010; 06-10-2013 at 07:53 AM.