+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iOS Redesigned [WIP]

is a discussion within the

iPhone 4|4S New Skins / Themes Launches

forums, a part of the

New Skins / Themes Launches

section;
Updated: [2/25/13] Hey everybody, I am a Web and Graphic designer and I have recently got into modding and tweaking my iPhone with themes. Well I want to start my
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Question iOS Redesigned [WIP]
    Updated: [2/25/13]

Hey everybody,
    I am a Web and Graphic designer and I have recently got into modding and tweaking my iPhone with themes. Well I want to start my own theme. I would like it to still be a lighter theme because dark themes in my opinion never really look good. I am working on it right now so I will be updating this thread with progress.
    I want to focus on making it so that it still looks like what Apple would be able to make iOS look like. I have heard many people say "The iOS user interface is sooo boring". So I want this theme to fix that. Like I said, I am going to make it on the lighter side and create it compatible with iPhone 4S, and iPhone 4. and iPhone 5. Most likely only compatible with iOS 6, because I have only had experience theme that os. I have no idea how to theme for iOS 5+ so any help on that would be nice. So stay tuned for some pictures and progress. I would love to hear from you guys on what you think.

--------------------------------{ Newest Updates to Post}---------------------------

Here my progress on the looks so far.
    iOS Redesigned  [WIP]-dark-matte.jpg

Here is my attempt to mimic Apple's famous linen pattern. Tell me how it is. This will be used in Wallpapers, icons (if i get around to theming them), and User interfaces.

iOS Redesigned  [WIP]-light-matte.jpg

A lighter version of the dark linen pattern. I will use this to offset the darker one.

iOS Redesigned  [WIP]-icon-colection.jpg

My attempt to do some icons.

1. a simple iCloud theme icon. I love the look of this icon, although I don't really know where I would use it. Maybe in the settings for the little icons.

2. An icon with the lighter linen pattern. There is a drop image under it to make it look like it is coming off the background. I need to tweak it a little more. This will come in an alliteration of Dark and Light linen patterns, depending on how they look.

3. A super basic Apple icon. With the simple shine and with some added drop shadow. I don't know if I want to use it. Although I won't take it off the table just yet.

I really don't want to theme the icons used on the springboard unless I can really make them look better than Apple's. Once I am done with all the UI I may think about it. Depending on what you guys think....

---------------------{Whats Next}-----------------

1: Starting to create patterns and images for the UI.
    2: Creating A Dock.
    3: Creating a battery for the lockscreen.

{all images used in this theme are created by me}
    Last edited by Steve Jobs Twin; 02-26-2013 at 06:06 PM. Reason: UPDATE

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Steve Jobs Twin For This Useful Post:

BadJ3d1 (02-25-2013), King_O_Hill (02-24-2013)

Thanks
    Thanked 2,746 Times in 553 Posts

Don't do it ios5 ready, people will jump to ios6. If all themes should keep old fw compatibility, packages would be enormous with tons of files!
    Now of course your idea is great, but maybe you opened this thread a bit early. As you don't have any screenshot or mockup to show, and this is your first experience, there may be few weeks before a possible release. So I guess people won't answer this thread muc.
    Anyway, let's hope you'll lead your project to the end and you'll see : modmyi is the good place if you need help from icommunity

4. The Following User Says Thank You to ulysseleviet For This Useful Post:

King_O_Hill (02-24-2013)

King Kong ain't got nothing on me! King_O_Hill's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 17,919 Times in 6,521 Posts

Wise words from a great themer!

I also agree to just go with iOS 6.

Looking forward to seeing what you got in mind
    Widget-Weather App Now Available! Also with MyLocation Support!
    Check out the thread here - Widget-Weather
    To install the Widget-Weather app, just go to Cydia and install. This will also remove MyLocation, as it is built in!
    Want to protect your JailBreak! Add this repo http://cydia.myrepospace.com/iLEXiNFO/ & Install "iLEX R.A.T."
    It will allow you to bring your phone back to a fresh jailbroken state!

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Very wise words.

I vote for a matte UI

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

I agree man, i hate dark themes, and i vote for matte UI
    Good luck
    And send me a message if you need a beta tester...