+ Reply
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Ga1axus [Preview]

is a discussion within the

iPhone 4|4S New Skins / Themes Launches

forums, a part of the

New Skins / Themes Launches

section;
Explore the beauty of the galaxy! Ga1axus is a portal into what we may soon explore, as mankind ventures further into the final frontier. This theme consists of a dark
    Thanks

Default Ga1axus [Preview]
    Explore the beauty of the galaxy!

Ga1axus is a portal into what we may soon explore, as mankind ventures further into the final frontier.

This theme consists of a dark UI along with a subtle glow as well as a tech look. Attention themers and modders! Any work based on Ga1axus that you would like to contribute is welcomed, and greatly appreciated!

PSD's

Here are the PSD's for anyone that is interested in modding Ga1axus, creating icons, widgets, etc.

Wallpaper

The wallpapers I will be creating have mostly a subtle, ambient look to them. I don't have a PSD for the wallpapers atm. They should mainly consist of the colors #40c9f0 and #39b8dd for the bluish gradients, and #555657 and #242526 for the darker gradients. Any color can really be used for the wallpaper, as long as the wallpapers have a subtle glow to them.

Icons

Here is the psd for the icon template if you are interested in creating your own icons. https://www.dropbox.com/s/sna1kem31y...onTemplate.psd

A big thanks to my bro FrightDealer for his incredible work with the first SB widget.

A big thanks as well to KnightWing for his contribution to the style of the icons.

As for now, I have most of the icons done and some of the ui. I thought I would display it here as a preview thread for now. That way you all can get a feel for it, and let me know of your suggestions and opinions. I will continue to update this thread as I update Ga1axus. By the way, Ga1axus will be completely compatible with iOS6. Also, for now it is just an iPhone 4/4S theme, but if I ever buy an iPad or iPhone 5, the theme will be supported for those devices as well. Thank-you!

Name:  ThreadPreview.png
Views: 259
Size:  5.2 KB
    Last edited by BadJ3d1; 03-11-2013 at 05:03 PM.

2. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to BadJ3d1 For This Useful Post:

cukhiem (03-11-2013), FrightDealer (02-11-2013), Karoonchai (02-26-2013), kuanyu (02-26-2013), lostinthemes (02-12-2013), sigit (03-06-2013), vporter (02-13-2013)

Thanks

Really? No comments at all? Lol

Thanks
    Thanked 7,087 Times in 1,703 Posts

I like the icon concept , why not a little more depth though?

And how's the UI coming?
    Follow me on twitter @The_KnightWing

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by KnightWing View Post
    I like the icon concept , why not a little more depth though?

And how's the UI coming?
    More depth? Not much UI yet. To be honest, I'm wondering if I need to be in the theming business at all. Lol

Thanks

You using any shadows or bevels for example?

Thanks

Yes a light bevel on most of the icons.

Thanks

It looks very nice and clean.
    But like the theme I'm working on, none of us have much to show. Or do you have a dialler or SMS theme mate

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by lukey7s View Post
    It looks very nice and clean.
    But like the theme I'm working on, none of us have much to show. Or do you have a dialler or SMS theme mate
    Thanks Luke. No not yet. Working on it.

Thanks

What iDevice is it for! If you have a idea for a dialler I'd be happy to help on that

Thanks

What iDevice is it for! If you have a idea for a dialler I'd be happy to help on that
    Currently just the iPhone4/4S. No ideas yet lol. Well probably just a simple grey-white. I don't mind doing it myself though.

Thanks

👍 No prob
    I'd like to see more when it's done

13. The Following User Says Thank You to lukey7s For This Useful Post:

BadJ3d1 (02-12-2013)

Thanks

👍 No prob
    I'd like to see more when it's done
    Cool. I'll upload more as I complete it.

Thanks

👍 Cool.

Master Theme Creator June'sIphone's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,968 Times in 3,646 Posts

Soon as I read last theme I felt like leaving. Not a good idea to put that at the very beginning, especially since you are looking for more supporters.

You need to quit trying to get supporters, and gain fans. You need to do this by listening.

Knighting gave you an insite on what you need to do. Give it more depth. Instead you didn't have a clue what he was talking about.

I will tell you. Look at your icons. Do they look real? No. They look like you took a glyph and put a gradient on it.

There is nothing wrong with that, but you are trying to be a "great themer". To be a better themer you need to learn photoshop. You could very easily add an inner shadow(grey) drop shadow (white) and actually make that icon look sunk in. And it will look like you actually put some effort into it.

If people see effort the will support you even if your work is not the best. They know people grow and learn more by support.

If this was my thread and nobody replied. You know what I would do, and have always done. Go back make better stuff then post it.

People don't just reply because they know you are well known. They post because they like the work that is being done.

This is not to bash anyone, purely here to help.

You mentioned my name on twitter. Im not as well known as @JunesIphone or @Jimmyle8888 in the theming realm. But honestly this is my 4th theme.

Doesn't matter how many themes you have. Matters of the quality of the work. Just by this remark I know where your head is. But it doesn't work like that bro.

I didn't jump on photoshop throw some stuff together and get the name I have. It takes hard work and dedication.

There is potential here. You just need to step it up if you want to stand out.

17. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to June'sIphone For This Useful Post:

.:JimmyL:. (03-11-2013), BadJ3d1 (02-12-2013), hemptation (02-13-2013), KnightWing (02-13-2013), vporter (02-13-2013)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by June'sIphone View Post
    Soon as I read last theme I felt like leaving. Not a good idea to put that at the very beginning, especially since you are looking for more supporters.

You need to quit trying to get supporters, and gain fans. You need to do this by listening.

Knighting gave you an insite on what you need to do. Give it more depth. Instead you didn't have a clue what he was talking about.

I will tell you. Look at your icons. Do they look real? No. They look like you took a glyph and put a gradient on it.

There is nothing wrong with that, but you are trying to be a "great themer". To be a better themer you need to learn photoshop. You could very easily add an inner shadow(grey) drop shadow (white) and actually make that icon look sunk in. And it will look like you actually put some effort into it.

If people see effort the will support you even if your work is not the best. They know people grow and learn more by support.

If this was my thread and nobody replied. You know what I would do, and have always done. Go back make better stuff then post it.

People don't just reply because they know you are well known. They post because they like the work that is being done.

This is not to bash anyone, purely here to help.

You mentioned my name on twitter. Im not as well known as @JunesIphone or @Jimmyle8888 in the theming realm. But honestly this is my 4th theme.

Doesn't matter how many themes you have. Matters of the quality of the work. Just by this remark I know where your head is. But it doesn't work like that bro.

I didn't jump on photoshop throw some stuff together and get the name I have. It takes hard work and dedication.

There is potential here. You just need to step it up if you want to stand out.
    Honestly I appreciate what you have to say June. Thanks for the suggestions. I don't see your comments as unkind, although they were a bit harsh. But anyway, thanks for the suggestions and I'll try to put some more time into it.

19. The Following User Says Thank You to BadJ3d1 For This Useful Post:

hemptation (02-13-2013)

Master Theme Creator June'sIphone's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,968 Times in 3,646 Posts

Was a bit harsh. But purely for motivation. You'll get it, don't give up.

21. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to June'sIphone For This Useful Post:

BadJ3d1 (02-13-2013), hemptation (02-13-2013)

Thanks
    Thanked 11,307 Times in 2,723 Posts

it is that kind of "tough love", that actually pushes someone to become a master in what they are doing. as long as you see the tunnel for what it is, and understand that the knowledge is to help you grow closer to the light at the end of that tunnel. June is spot on. I have mastered something in life. So I agree wight this. and truly wish more people around here were capable of taking constructive criticism as you did. That is the true mark of someone that wants to learn. and this makes me very happy.

23. The Following User Says Thank You to hemptation For This Useful Post:

KnightWing (02-13-2013)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by hemptation View Post
    it is that kind of "tough love", that actually pushes someone to become a master in what they are doing. as long as you see the tunnel for what it is, and understand that the knowledge is to help you grow closer to the light at the end of that tunnel. June is spot on. I have mastered something in life. So I agree wight this. and truly wish more people around here were capable of taking constructive criticism as you did. That is the true mark of someone that wants to learn. and this makes me very happy.
    Thanks for the input bro. It is my goal to create something that the community loves. I'll just have to try harder. lol

25. The Following User Says Thank You to BadJ3d1 For This Useful Post:

hemptation (02-13-2013)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by BadJ3d1 View Post
    Thanks for the input bro. It is my goal to create something that the community loves. I'll just have to try harder. lol
    Your goal should be to create what you love. If you make something without having a personal connection to it, then there won't be any heart into it. That's the difference between making a product and a masterpiece.

27. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to KnightWing For This Useful Post:

BadJ3d1 (02-13-2013), hemptation (02-13-2013), June'sIphone (02-13-2013), vporter (02-13-2013)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by KnightWing View Post
    Your goal should be to create what you love. If you make something without having a personal connection to it, then there won't be any heart into it. That's the difference between making a product and a masterpiece.
    True but I honestly thought the icons were pretty well done. I guess they weren't.

29. The Following User Says Thank You to BadJ3d1 For This Useful Post:

hemptation (02-13-2013)