+ Reply
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Simple Slideshow theme for Lockscreen/Home screen

is a discussion within the

iPhone 4|4S New Skins / Themes Launches

forums, a part of the

New Skins / Themes Launches

section;
Slideshow is a simple lockscreen or wallpaper (rename LockBackground.html to Wallpaper.html) theme. (I have set an invisible "slide to unlock" and Camera button, not in packages!) There are 2 new
    My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,140 Times in 490 Posts

Default Simple Slideshow theme for Lockscreen/Home screen
    Slideshow is a simple lockscreen or wallpaper (rename LockBackground.html to Wallpaper.html) theme.

(I have set an invisible "slide to unlock" and Camera button, not in packages!)

There are 2 new icons on your home screen, "SS Updater" will update the content files to include new photos, wallpaper, screenshots and custom slideshow folder (/var/mobile/Documents/Slideshow - example folder with example images (jpg, png, bmp and gif) included). Once you touch the "SS Updater" icon the home screen goes black for a fraction of a second, just as it wants to start a new app, but returns to the home screen immediately. This is perfectly OK and intended, so don't worry about that. The other new icon is "SS Setup", which allows you to select where you want to take your slideshow content from.

Choices are, your camera photos, your own wallpapers (not the stock ones!), screenshots you have taken or a custom folder in which you can create your own slideshow. You also can select the duration of the display between changes, 1 to 10 seconds predefined. You also can select "Custom" in Duration and then add your own time.

Images in 640x960 (320x480) are displayed full screen other sizes/ratios are resized.

IMPORTANT for installation to work!
    1.) Respring without selecting Slideshow theme, so you can see the "SS Update" and "SS Setup" icons correctly
    2.) "SS Updater" to create indexes
    3.) "SS Setup" to create database
    4.) Select Slideshow in Winterboard and respring

Download "Slideshow" from MMUS repo (apt.mmus.us).
    Last edited by rasputin007; 01-16-2013 at 12:11 PM.

2. The Following 16 Users Say Thank You to rasputin007 For This Useful Post:

2k1 (01-16-2013), Alfroggy (01-16-2013), CrazyChester (01-17-2013), cukhiem (01-16-2013), It's Mi (01-16-2013), June'sIphone (02-08-2013), Karoonchai (01-16-2013), King_O_Hill (01-16-2013), lostinthemes (01-17-2013), metaserph (01-16-2013), mkheinz (01-16-2013), nateD (01-16-2013), NewdestinyX (01-16-2013), Nic.man (01-16-2013), stratnik (01-17-2013), The_Durben (01-16-2013)

Lord of Lockscreen Modding Karoonchai's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,740 Times in 2,534 Posts

wow thanks
    Youtube Channel & Downloads - twitter @Karoonchai

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Karoonchai For This Useful Post:

rasputin007 (01-16-2013)

2k1
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,064 Times in 4,206 Posts

Very nice thank you

6. The Following User Says Thank You to 2k1 For This Useful Post:

rasputin007 (01-16-2013)

Thanks
    Thanked 9,372 Times in 3,860 Posts

Great stuff, thanks Mister Ras.
    The theme I run is 3 4 All, by Sk37cH.
    Free. For all devices.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Alfroggy For This Useful Post:

rasputin007 (01-16-2013)

Thanks
    Thanked 9,066 Times in 4,559 Posts

Amazing, Ras! Resetting the bar again for what can be done in the modding world! Veterans say it can't be done... Ras says "YES I CAN!!!".. Love it!
    Here to help if I can. If I can't I know someone who can!

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to NewdestinyX For This Useful Post:

Alfroggy (01-16-2013), rasputin007 (01-16-2013)

Thanks
    Thanked 8,370 Times in 2,990 Posts

Hello Ras

Wow, thanky very very much for creating and sharing this nice new feature for our phones
    Will download it immedately

You allways have the nicest ideas, bro

Mi

Have a nice day and lots of fun with your iPhone !!

12. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to It's Mi For This Useful Post:

Alfroggy (01-16-2013), cukhiem (01-16-2013), King_O_Hill (01-16-2013), rasputin007 (01-16-2013), stratnik (01-17-2013)

King Kong ain't got nothing on me! King_O_Hill's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 17,589 Times in 6,424 Posts

Well done bro! An exceptionally nice updated twist to an old mod.
    Widget-Weather App Now Available! Also with MyLocation Support!
    Check out the thread here - Widget-Weather
    To install the Widget-Weather app, just go to Cydia and install. This will also remove MyLocation, as it is built in!
    Want to protect your JailBreak! Add this repo http://cydia.myrepospace.com/iLEXiNFO/ & Install "iLEX R.A.T."
    It will allow you to bring your phone back to a fresh jailbroken state!

14. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to King_O_Hill For This Useful Post:

Alfroggy (01-16-2013), cukhiem (01-16-2013), rasputin007 (01-16-2013), stratnik (01-17-2013)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by rasputin007 View Post
    Slideshow is a simple lockscreen or wallpaper (rename LockBackground.html to Wallpaper.html) theme.

(I have set an invisible "slide to unlock" and Camera button, not in packages!)

There are 2 new icons on your home screen, "SS Updater" will update the content files to include new photos, wallpaper, screenshots and custom slideshow folder (/var/mobile/Documents/Slideshow - example folder with example images (jpg, png, bmp and gif) included). Once you touch the "SS Updater" icon the home screen goes black for a fraction of a second, just as it wants to start a new app, but returns to the home screen immediately. This is perfectly OK and intended, so don't worry about that. The other new icon is "SS Setup", which allows you to select where you want to take your slideshow content from.

Choices are, your camera photos, your own wallpapers (not the stock ones!), screenshots you have taken or a custom folder in which you can create your own slideshow. You also can select the duration of the display between changes, 1 to 10 seconds predefined. You also can select "Custom" in Duration and then add your own time.

Images in 640x960 (320x480) are displayed full screen other sizes/ratios are resized.

IMPORTANT for installation to work!
    1.) Respring without selecting Slideshow theme, so you can see the "SS Update" and "SS Setup" icons correctly
    2.) "SS Updater" to create indexes
    3.) "SS Setup" to create database
    4.) Select Slideshow in Winterboard and respring

Download "Slideshow" from MMUS repo.
    You need to give people the full name of the MMOS repo, Ras. It's not a Cydia stock repo. Just checked. Where can I find it, please?

16. The Following User Says Thank You to NewdestinyX For This Useful Post:

rasputin007 (01-16-2013)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by NewdestinyX View Post
    You need to give people the full name of the MMUS repo, Ras. It's not a Cydia stock repo. Just checked. Where can I find it, please?
    Thanks for pointing this out to me.
    MMUS repo is "apt.mmus.us"
    (added this to the first post as well.

18. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to rasputin007 For This Useful Post:

Alfroggy (01-17-2013), It's Mi (01-17-2013), King_O_Hill (01-16-2013), stratnik (01-17-2013)

Thanks

Ras, I followed your instructions to the letter for installation and have it installed on my phone but I get nothing but a dark black screen no matter what I set it to; photos, wallpaper. What could I be doing wrong?

It's the topmost item in Winterboard and no other lock screen themes are checked.

Thanks

Do you have jpg.txt, png.txt, wp.txt and custom.txt files in /var/mobile/Documents?
    If you have what is the content?

21. The Following User Says Thank You to rasputin007 For This Useful Post:

King_O_Hill (01-17-2013)

Thanks

Do you have jpg.txt, png.txt, wp.txt and custom.txt files in /var/mobile/Documents?
    If you have what is the content?
    No. Jpg.txt only.. Along with other things in there for other apps like the MyLocation files for GPS weather. The content of jpg.txt is empty. I uninstalled and reinstalled following your exact instructions again // AND on a 2nd phone. Same issue. So I think the installer package isn't working.
    Last edited by NewdestinyX; 01-16-2013 at 04:32 PM.

Thanks

The shell script works as it creates the jpg.txt file but then stops and does not create the other txt files.
    The installer works as I deleted everything from the iPod, resprung and then installed Slideshow from the repo. Then respring, launch "SS Updater", launch "SS Setup" and save my settings (aka creating a database - without it will not work), then select Slideshow theme and respring.
    OK, what might have happened here is that you are missing the "grep" command line tools, as this is filtering the photos and screen shots, which also would explain why the jpg.txt file is empty and the creation of the jpg.txt file is the first line in the shell script. So, the shell script starts and quits because it can not fulfil its job.
    Open Cydia, go into section Utilities and look for "grep", install it, respring and start the "SS Updater" again.
    Now check the /var/mobile/Documents folder for jpg.txt, png.txt, wp.txt and custom.txt.
    I might have missed to add the "grep" dependency as I have a whole lot of Linux commands on the iPhone, usually they are dependencies when you install Mobile Terminal.

EDIT
    I have updated the Slideshow package to version 1.1, basically still the same but added the dependency of "grep" and "Core Utilities", which have the "grep" and "ls" command line tools, which are needed for the shell script to work.
    You will NOT see an automatic update in Cydia, because the way I maintain the MMUS repo. So you have to uninstall Slideshow, then fetch it again from the MMUS repo at "apt.mmus.us".
    Now if you did not had the grep package installed, it will be installed now.
    Just tried it and it works for me.
    Last edited by rasputin007; 01-17-2013 at 02:32 AM. Reason: Update

24. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to rasputin007 For This Useful Post:

Alfroggy (01-17-2013), It's Mi (01-17-2013), King_O_Hill (01-17-2013)

Thanks

Ras - here's what I got, running version 1.1:

jpg.txt - looks good - working good
    png.txt - looks good - working good
    wp.txt - file is there, but it is empty
    custom.txt - missing
    To install the Widget-Weather app, just go to Cydia and install. This will also remove MyLocation, as it is built in!
    Want to protect your JailBreak! Add this repo http://cydia.myrepospace.com/iLEXiNFO/ & Install "iLEX R.A.T."

26. The Following User Says Thank You to King_O_Hill For This Useful Post:

rasputin007 (01-17-2013)

Thanks

The shell script works as it creates the jpg.txt file but then stops and does not create the other txt files.
    The installer works as I deleted everything from the iPod, resprung and then installed Slideshow from the repo. Then respring, launch "SS Updater", launch "SS Setup" and save my settings (aka creating a database - without it will not work), then select Slideshow theme and respring.
    OK, what might have happened here is that you are missing the "grep" command line tools, as this is filtering the photos and screen shots, which also would explain why the jpg.txt file is empty and the creation of the jpg.txt file is the first line in the shell script. So, the shell script starts and quits because it can not fulfil its job.
    Open Cydia, go into section Utilities and look for "grep", install it, respring and start the "SS Updater" again.
    Now check the /var/mobile/Documents folder for jpg.txt, png.txt, wp.txt and custom.txt.
    I might have missed to add the "grep" dependency as I have a whole lot of Linux commands on the iPhone, usually they are dependencies when you install Mobile Terminal.

EDIT
    I have updated the Slideshow package to version 1.1, basically still the same but added the dependency of "grep" and "Core Utilities", which have the "grep" and "ls" command line tools, which are needed for the shell script to work.
    You will NOT see an automatic update in Cydia, because the way I maintain the MMUS repo. So you have to uninstall Slideshow, then fetch it again from the MMUS repo at "apt.mmus.us".
    Now if you did not had the grep package installed, it will be installed now.
    Just tried it and it works for me.
    Great, Ras! I'll give that a try now and report back. I love troubleshooting. I'm an engineer at heart. I've been on more beta teams than I care to mention.

Thanks

Update:
    Same thing as last time, Ras. Uninstalled everything - (assumed 'remove' in Cydia would also get rid of jpg.txt and the two applications on my SB - if that's a bad assumption tell me) and still nothing. All I have is an empty jpg.txt file.

I went looking in Sections/Utilities in Cydia and found no Grep utility in the list. I have the apt.mmus.us repo added. So where actually is the Grep utility stored? I wanted to try adding it manually. Are there any known tweaks that conflict with your program? I keep a LOT of tweaks on my phone...

29. The Following User Says Thank You to NewdestinyX For This Useful Post:

rasputin007 (01-17-2013)

Thanks

Grant,

Grep is in Sauriks default repo: apt.saurik.com/

Are you set up as "Developer" in Cydia?

Manage -> Settings (top left corner) -> Developer

Nothing should conflict, as he only uses command line utilities and unix commands here.
    Last edited by King_O_Hill; 01-17-2013 at 01:06 PM.

31. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to King_O_Hill For This Useful Post:

Alfroggy (01-17-2013), It's Mi (01-17-2013), NewdestinyX (01-17-2013), rasputin007 (01-17-2013)

Thanks

In /var/stash/Application.xxxxxx/myslideshow.app/ you will find the shell script called "myphotos.sh". There are 4 commands connected with "&&" (means execute the next command after finishing the current one). Now if the shell script can not finish the current command it will NOT execute the following ones, hence one empty txt file and one or more missing txt files.
    In NewDestinyX case it was the missing "grep" filter, needed in the first 2 commands, hence one empty jpg.txt file (first command), then the shell script stopped.
    In King's case it is the wallpaper folder (most likely) that does not exist, so the shell script can not finish the third command (empty wp.txt file) and stops, no custom.txt file (even though that folder exist with content - it came with package).
    @King check if you have a /var/mobile/Media/PhotoData/Sync/100SYNCD/ folder. That is the folder where iTunes places my wallpapers. If your wallpaper are stored in a different folder then replace the above path in the myphotos.sh with your wallpaper path. When you copy the "new" myphotos.sh" back onto the iPhone make sure it is executable, Windows will dump file attributes like that as Windows has no concept of file ownership/file attributes and permissions in the same extent as Unix based OS have. iOS and Linux are Unix based, kind of!
    Oh, and King, let me know your wallpaper path and how you sync/update new wallpapers, as there might be different locations for different ways.

"grep" is as King said a very simple command line tool, it does not conflict with anything. Did not know that you have to have Developer status to see it in Cydia as I always use Developer status.
    Anyway, after installing "grep" from Cydia, reboot, it might not be needed, but just to be on the save side.
    Last edited by rasputin007; 01-17-2013 at 01:59 PM.

33. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to rasputin007 For This Useful Post:

Alfroggy (01-17-2013), It's Mi (01-17-2013), King_O_Hill (01-17-2013), NewdestinyX (01-17-2013)

Thanks

Yeah.. 99% of us, Ras, won't have Developer accts or use the Developer setting in Cydia. Thanks, King, for reminding of that window. But when I switched to Developer status in the Settings I could now see that Grep was already installed. So your rewrite in 1.1 worked. STILL I have nothing - on either phone. One phone is filled with tweaks and my son's is more bare bones. Neither of us get anything but the jpg.txt and it being blank. So I know it's not my phone's settings or tweak-load that's the issue here. I again uninstalled everything (which doesn't remove the Setup app on the SB, by the way - so I had to manually get rid of it) and reinstalled 1.1. I even got rid of the jpg.txt file in mobile/documents before reinstalling. Still nothing.

I would LOVE to have this tweak. Excellent work, sir. But you'll need to find out what's going wrong with the install procedure before any of us can enjoy this.

Let me know what I should try next, please.

Grant

Quote Originally Posted by King_O_Hill View Post
    Grant,
    Grep is in Sauriks default repo: apt.saurik.com/
    Are you set up as "Developer" in Cydia?
    Manage -> Settings (top left corner) -> Developer
    Nothing should conflict, as he only uses command line utilities and unix commands here.
    Thanks, King!

35. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to NewdestinyX For This Useful Post:

King_O_Hill (01-17-2013), rasputin007 (01-17-2013)

Thanks

Bingo!!!

OK, here's what I got!

I have an iPhone 4s that I am testing this on. I am running 5.1.1. The path for the wallpaper folder is Library/Wallpaper/iPhone/. I don't sync my wallpapers, I ssh them to and from my phone and always have a backup, so I don't worry about any sort of sync. I actually never sync my phone, as I manually have everything anyways. I only ever use sync for my contacts - that's just me though.

All txt files have now populated and make sense. Here are the issues:

1. All png images are being displayed, stock ones included.
    2. All thumbnail images are also being displayed, so you are seeing the image twice. Except that the thumbnail images are 150x150, so it gets cut off on the bottom of the LS. Here is the naming convention for images that are put into the wallpaper image folder:

[email protected] Size 640x960
    [email protected] Size 150x150

So basically outside of the thumbnails being a different size, it is named the same, except it has ".thumbnail" added to it.

Not sure if you can strip this out, but I would think that it wouldn't be that difficult.

Also, the stock Wallpapers have "~iphone" added to them after the @2x on both the actual image files and the thumbnails.

Hopefully this helps bro!

Let me know if there is something else I can do for you. I could test this on mu iph4 also, but I know the paths and naming is the same.
    Last edited by King_O_Hill; 01-17-2013 at 02:51 PM.

37. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to King_O_Hill For This Useful Post:

It's Mi (01-17-2013), June'sIphone (02-08-2013), rasputin007 (01-17-2013)