+ Reply
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Simple Slideshow theme for Lockscreen/Home screen

is a discussion within the

iPhone 4|4S New Skins / Themes Launches

forums, a part of the

New Skins / Themes Launches

section;
Originally Posted by NewdestinyX Ras, I followed your instructions to the letter for installation and have it installed on my phone but I get nothing but a dark black screen
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,370 Times in 2,990 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by NewdestinyX View Post
    Ras, I followed your instructions to the letter for installation and have it installed on my phone but I get nothing but a dark black screen no matter what I set it to; photos, wallpaper. What could I be doing wrong?

It's the topmost item in Winterboard and no other lock screen themes are checked.
    Ras, I have the same issue with my 3Gs
    Only a black screen ...
    But all files are created in the documents folder and seem to be okay.
    Even the grep-file is installed ...

What else could it be?

Mi

Have a nice day and lots of fun with your iPhone !!

2. The Following User Says Thank You to It's Mi For This Useful Post:

rasputin007 (01-17-2013)

Thanks
    Thanked 8,980 Times in 4,505 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by King_O_Hill View Post
    Bingo!!!

OK, here's what I got!

I have an iPhone 4s that I am testing this on. I am running 5.1.1. The path for the wallpaper folder is Library/Wallpaper/iPhone/. I don't sync my wallpapers, I ssh them to and from my phone and always have a backup, so I don't worry about any sort of sync. I actually never sync my phone, as I manually have everything anyways. I only ever use sync for my contacts - that's just me though.

All txt files have now populated and make sense. Here are the issues:

1. All png images are being displayed, stock ones included.
    2. All thumbnail images are also being displayed, so you are seeing the image twice. Except that the thumbnail images are 150x150, so it gets cut off on the bottom of the LS. Here is the naming convention for images that are put into the wallpaper image folder:

[email protected] Size 640x960
    [email protected] Size 150x150

So basically outside of the thumbnails being a different size, it is named the same, except it has ".thumbnail" added to it.

Not sure if you can strip this out, but I would think that it wouldn't be that difficult.

Also, the stock Wallpapers have "~iphone" added to them after the @2x on both the actual image files and the thumbnails.

Hopefully this helps bro!

Let me know if there is something else I can do for you. I could test this on mu iph4 also, but I know the paths and naming is the same.
    Any thoughts as to why I can't get 1.1 to work at 'all' on TWO different 4S'es?

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,140 Times in 490 Posts

Ha, I saw that Library/Wallpaper/iPhone/ folder, but it only had stock wallpapers and auros wp's in it, together with tumbnail images.
    But I used iTunes-> Photos-> select folder and then used a wallpaper folder (called "640") I have on my PC. After syncing I have all 235 wallpapers on the iPhone/iPod. I can see them in the Photos app under its own section called "640" next to Cameraroll and wallpapers (stock).
    That path was the one I used in the script.
    OK, that is not a big problem. I can add the Library/Wallpaper/iPhone/ folder to the options and have to see if I can dump the thumbnail with grep somehow.
    My first shell script used "sed", but that was not working for some reason.

Well, NewDestiny, don't know what to say. The script (myphotos.sh) is there, it starts to run but fails on the first command, hence the empty jpg.txt file. Now that you have grep installed that potential problem is out off the way, the "ls" command should work, could try "ls" in Mobile Terminal if you have it. But most likely you have "ls" installed, is the Core Utilities package, now a dependency in Slideshow 1.1. So, last reason for the command to fail is that the path does not exist, /var/mobile/Media/DCIM/100APPLE/ where your photos are being stored or that folder is empty.
    These are the three reason I can think of why the command might fail.
    You could try, if you have Mobile Terminal installed to enter one of the 4 commands from the photos.sh in Mobile Terminal and see what happens.

Hi Mi, do you have a database? Check in /var/mobile/Library/WebKit/Database/file_0, there should be a 000000001.db file or so.
    No database no slideshow, even if all txt files exist and are not empty.
    Last edited by rasputin007; 01-17-2013 at 03:24 PM.

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to rasputin007 For This Useful Post:

It's Mi (01-17-2013), King_O_Hill (01-17-2013)

Thanks

Huhu Ras

Yes, I have that file. It's called 0000000000000001.db. ?????
    Do you have any other ideas?

Maybe it's a special thing from the 3gs?
    Your other SWIPE-LS doesn't work for me eigther
    Only the wall is showing, no swiping leads to a change ...

So maybe only my stupid old phone

Mi
    Last edited by It's Mi; 01-17-2013 at 03:26 PM.

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to It's Mi For This Useful Post:

King_O_Hill (01-17-2013), rasputin007 (01-17-2013)

Thanks

btw there are 2 folder in /Library/Wallpaper, one is iPhone and the other one is iPod.
    As none of them is filled with my 235 wallpapers, I have dismissed them.

Hmm, I have to dig out that old damaged iPod3, which is very close to the 3GS, and see if it runs on that.
    The original Swipe LS runs on the 3GS, have tried it on my son's 3GS, but will not work with LockInfo installed.
    LockInfo disables Winterboards swipe feature!
    Last edited by rasputin007; 01-17-2013 at 03:34 PM.

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to rasputin007 For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Oh, I'm so sorry for creating so much troubble
    Hmmm, hopefully I will get a HD-device some day and all these stupid errors are gone with my old stupid 3Gs

Mi

11. The Following User Says Thank You to It's Mi For This Useful Post:

King_O_Hill (01-17-2013)

Thanks

Don't worry, Mi, problems are there to be solved.
    I think the 3GS is the nicest looking iPhone from the design point of view.

Mi, I can make you a LockBackground.html without a database, but every time you want to change you have to edit code, basically change .....jpg.txt.. to ......wp.txt or so.
    Last edited by rasputin007; 01-17-2013 at 03:43 PM.

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to rasputin007 For This Useful Post:

Thanks

You are so right: I like the 3Gs-design the most, too
    It's a shame they changed it in my eyes ...
    And it makes it a little less sad for me to miss an HD-device

And for the file: I would gladly like to try it out

Mi

15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to It's Mi For This Useful Post:

King_O_Hill (01-17-2013), rasputin007 (01-17-2013)

Thanks

OK, here it is, LockBackground-no-databse.html
    Just rename the original LockBackground.html to Old-LockBackground.html and the LockBackground-no-database.html to LockBackground.html.
    I have added 2 little notes inside the code so you can see where to change what.

Set it to the custom.txt, aka /var/mobile/Documents/Slideshow, just delete the example files and put whatever you want in it, then use the "SS Updater" icon to update the custom.txt file and that should work.
    I just tried Slideshow on the damaged iPod3 and it works on there as well, but I had to make sure all mentioned path in myphotos.sh were there with content.
    For example it did not had any photos on it, therefore the /var/mobile/Media/DCIM/100APPLE folder was not there and all I got was a jpg.txt file that was empty, sounds familiar NewDestiny?
    After I created all the folders and put some files in it it worked.
    Last edited by rasputin007; 01-17-2013 at 04:28 PM.

17. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to rasputin007 For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by rasputin007 View Post
    Well, NewDestiny, don't know what to say. The script (myphotos.sh) is there, it starts to run but fails on the first command, hence the empty jpg.txt file. Now that you have grep installed that potential problem is out off the way, the "ls" command should work, could try "ls" in Mobile Terminal if you have it. But most likely you have "ls" installed, is the Core Utilities package, now a dependency in Slideshow 1.1. So, last reason for the command to fail is that the path does not exist, /var/mobile/Media/DCIM/100APPLE/ where your photos are being stored or that folder is empty.
    Yes. That's right. And that's going to be a problem with 'many' users. My photos start in DCIM/102APPLE/ and float over into 103APPLE.. My 100APPLE and 101APPLE folders are empty. Is there anyway your code can be written to find the 'highest' folder of 100-112, let's say and choose the 'latest' folder?

As soon as I copied a few photos INTO the 100APPLE folder - then your slideshow starts to work!!!!!! And I now have a jpg.txt and png.txt files in /mobile/documents that are populated with the indexes of my pics. YES!!! I, of course, did have to hit the SS Updater one more time after I copied the photos into 100APPLE to get the slideshow to start to work. But's that's as expected. SO - it was that one folder misname that you didn't anticipate. Many of us have folder numbers from 100-110 and even more. The only other odd behavior is that in the slide show - whenever your Slideshow encounters a 'landscape' photo - is shows it for a quick second in landscape and the rapidly moves it to protrait mode. So it's a very jerky effect. But you probably anticipated that..

19. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to NewdestinyX For This Useful Post:

Alfroggy (01-17-2013), It's Mi (01-17-2013), rasputin007 (01-17-2013)

King Kong ain't got nothing on me! King_O_Hill's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 17,390 Times in 6,351 Posts

btw there are 2 folder in /Library/Wallpaper, one is iPhone and the other one is iPod.
    As none of them is filled with my 235 wallpapers, I have dismissed them.
    I know that any of the themes that include wallpapers, at least as of lately, have been using the /Library/Wallpaper/iPhone/ folder to install them into. I have been using this folder myself for quite some time. Seeing that the default wallpapers are in there, I never looked to add them any other way. It sounds like you may need to add some options to your setup like:

iPhone
    iPod
    iPad
    Custom

Yeah, I added the "iPad", as I checked my iPad and that is what it uses.

Looks like we got a little project on our hands here. I will offer you what I can bud and test quickly, but not sure how much of the code that I can help you with, as my line command skills are limited.
    Widget-Weather App Now Available! Also with MyLocation Support!
    Check out the thread here - Widget-Weather
    To install the Widget-Weather app, just go to Cydia and install. This will also remove MyLocation, as it is built in!
    Want to protect your JailBreak! Add this repo http://cydia.myrepospace.com/iLEXiNFO/ & Install "iLEX R.A.T."
    It will allow you to bring your phone back to a fresh jailbroken state!

21. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to King_O_Hill For This Useful Post:

Alfroggy (01-17-2013), It's Mi (01-17-2013), rasputin007 (01-17-2013)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by NewdestinyX View Post
    Yes. That's right. And that's going to be a problem with 'many' users. My photos start in DCIM/102APPLE/ and float over into 103APPLE.. My 100APPLE and 101APPLE folders are empty. Is there anyway your code can be written to find the 'highest' folder of 100-112, let's say and choose the 'latest' folder?

As soon as I copied a few photos INTO the 100APPLE folder - then your slideshow starts to work!!!!!! And I now have a jpg.txt and png.txt files in /mobile/documents that are populated with the indexes of my pics. YES!!! I, of course, did have to hit the SS Updater one more time after I copied the photos into 100APPLE to get the slideshow to start to work. But's that's as expected. SO - it was that one folder misname that you didn't anticipate. Many of us have folder numbers from 100-110 and even more. The only other odd behavior is that in the slide show - whenever your Slideshow encounters a 'landscape' photo - is shows it for a quick second in landscape and the rapidly moves it to protrait mode. So it's a very jerky effect. But you probably anticipated that..
    Ah, never had more then one 100APPLE folder, but thanks I have to take that into account.
    It is a very very basic slideshow, that could be done later, first I have to get the coding framework running as perfect as possible.

If I could use "sed" all this would be no problem at all, but for some particular reason "sed" commands are not running when you call a shell script from the springboard via icon touch. "sed" will work perfect when the shell script is called from php though.
    Have to do more "creative" thinking. LOL
    Last edited by rasputin007; 01-17-2013 at 04:36 PM.

23. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to rasputin007 For This Useful Post:

Alfroggy (01-17-2013), It's Mi (01-17-2013), King_O_Hill (01-17-2013)

Thanks

@NewDestiny
    What are the filenames in the 100APPLE, 101APPLE, 102APPLE etc folders are they consecutive (e.g. does 103APPLE filenames carry on where they finished in 102APPLE) or do they start at IMG_0000.JPG again in each folder?
    @King What is the wallpaper tumbnail size in the /Library/Wallpaper/iPad folder?
    Last edited by rasputin007; 01-18-2013 at 03:31 AM.

25. The Following User Says Thank You to rasputin007 For This Useful Post:

King_O_Hill (01-18-2013)

Thanks
    Thanked 9,263 Times in 3,826 Posts

They do carry on with the same pattern as if all were part of the same folder.
    The theme I run is 3 4 All, by Sk37cH.
    Free. For all devices.

27. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Alfroggy For This Useful Post:

King_O_Hill (01-18-2013), rasputin007 (01-18-2013)

Thanks

Thanks Alfroggy, that makes it much easier.
    Also need the size of the iPad tumbnail wallpapers.
    The idea is to install a iPhone, iPod and iPad folder in the Library/Wallpaper each with just one example png and its tumbnail. That way the shell script will not quit as all three folders are present. Otherwise I have to use lots of if-then statements and the simpler I can keep the shell script the higher the possibility iOS will actually run it.

29. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to rasputin007 For This Useful Post:

Alfroggy (01-18-2013), It's Mi (01-18-2013), King_O_Hill (01-18-2013)

Thanks

Slideshow 1.2 is on the MMUS repo (apt.mmus.us)
    Works fine with me.
    Scans all folders that start with iP* in /Library/Wallpaper, so it does not matter if there is only iPod and iPhone or just iPhone or all three iPhone, iPad and iPod. All tumbnail images are NOT included.
    For the photos it will scan all folders from 100APPLE to 199APPLE, does not matter if they exist or not or are empty. There is still a split between "real" photos and screenshots.
    I still left the /var/mobile/Documents/Slideshow folder with examples so that everybody can make their own slideshow from jpg, png, bmp and gif files, Have not tested other extentions.
    Core Utilities and grep are being installed if not already installed.
    Hope this works now for you as well.
    Let me know.

31. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to rasputin007 For This Useful Post:

Alfroggy (01-18-2013), It's Mi (01-18-2013), King_O_Hill (01-18-2013), NewdestinyX (01-18-2013)

King Kong ain't got nothing on me! King_O_Hill's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 17,390 Times in 6,351 Posts

I will get you those sizes in a few bro.
    Widget-Weather App Now Available! Also with MyLocation Support!
    Check out the thread here - Widget-Weather
    To install the Widget-Weather app, just go to Cydia and install. This will also remove MyLocation, as it is built in!
    Want to protect your JailBreak! Add this repo http://cydia.myrepospace.com/iLEXiNFO/ & Install "iLEX R.A.T."
    It will allow you to bring your phone back to a fresh jailbroken state!

33. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to King_O_Hill For This Useful Post:

Alfroggy (01-18-2013), rasputin007 (01-18-2013)

Thanks
    Thanked 9,263 Times in 3,826 Posts

Slideshow 1.2 is on the MMUS repo (apt.mmus.us)
    Thanks for your hard work !
    Installed and followed the steps to set it up, but I couldn't get it to work, plus all the other WinterBoard themes stopped working altogether, while still checked within WinterBoard. Tried dragging themes around several and doing the respring within WB for cache clearing, but only uninstalling your slideshow theme worked, just by respringing after leaving Cydia.
    The theme I run is 3 4 All, by Sk37cH.
    Free. For all devices.

35. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Alfroggy For This Useful Post:

King_O_Hill (01-18-2013), rasputin007 (01-18-2013)

Thanks

EXCELLENT, Ras! You did it! Works perfect now. All 4 .txt files are in Documents folder and whatever I set it to in Setup plays on my Lockscreen as a slideshow! Thanks for doing a thorough beta with us! So many modders are so 'temperamental' and get offended when you give them feedback. You're a true professional! You should build in an automatic required Respring to the install package download from Cydia too. Don't you think?

The only thing still strange I can only show you with a video. The transition from one photo to the next, in Photos mode, clicks for a split second back to the previous photo. It makes for a very jerky transition. This doesn't happen with Wallpapers, Custom or Screenshots.

I'll upload a video shortly.. YouTube says: "still processing ". What's the fastest way to get a very short little video clip uploaded to the forum here?
    Last edited by NewdestinyX; 01-18-2013 at 06:29 AM.
    Here to help if I can. If I can't I know someone who can!

37. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to NewdestinyX For This Useful Post:

Alfroggy (01-18-2013), It's Mi (01-18-2013), rasputin007 (01-18-2013)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,698 Times in 711 Posts

Ras I have had no problems from start followed directions everything worked fine thank you!
    However just wondering if animation between pictures is suppose to be the way i am seeing it?
    The picture starts in portrait then goes to landscape with heavy distortion then the next picture appears! Is this how you see it!

39. The Following User Says Thank You to Happy363 For This Useful Post:

rasputin007 (01-18-2013)