Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast
Results 61 to 80 of 110

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.


Thread: iThemeSecurity

  1. #61
    I've lived both worlds so I seen it from both sides and I know personally if I don't like a theme by the time I set it up then it gets deleted so to me it's a waste of money but thankfully most themers I know have no problem hooking ya up with a copy if ya just ask cause think most would rather see ya get it legit then pirate it. but for me I always try to advertise it when themers are kind enough to share it with me and hopefully cause of me they sell a few copies like I said I've seen it from both aspects and I personally like to support good themers anyway possible.
    Quote Originally Posted by cocco26 View Post
    on this I think for most part screenshots or videos really don't show ya how a theme really looks on your device plus I have seen screens of a theme and it looks great untill ya get it on your phone and is a bunch of stuff missing because the creator only got screens of what they wanted ya to see..but that's just my 2 cents.
    but then again the buyer must ask on the thread of that theme what he need to know before buying don't u think?but the idea for now to try it first and then i will see if i buy it i don't agree because u don't have how to know if that person use or not your theme.because many are jerks[/QUOTE]



  2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to jima6636 For This Useful Post:

    hemptation (01-17-2013), June'sIphone (01-16-2013), KnightWing (01-16-2013)

  3. #62
    Master Theme Creator June'sIphone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    DaytonaBeach, FL
    Posts
    6,782
    Thanks
    5,252
    Thanked 10,091 Times in 3,684 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by deerjohnny View Post
    This is just my opinion, but maybe you need to spend less time concerning yourself with piracy and more time on the quality of your themes that you put out. You and badgb spit out more **** themes than iHaz3. I don't know why anyone would try to pirate that garbage. I realize that you're "well respected" in the themeing community, but for the life of me I do not know why. Every time I select screenshots on one your themes I want to punch a baby giraffe. I can tell that you aren't very successful at this because you are constantly trying to come up with new ways to make money off of people and mess with people who don't give it to you. Personally, this is a community and it should be share and care, not restrict and blame. What I bees really tryin ta say yo; Is get a life June.

    -It's quality, not quantity-
    Quantity comes from over 3+ years work brotha. About 12 themes in 3 years hmm 4 a year. "Roughly" Oh wait cydia says 20+ Themes thats right my themes are basically 2 themes in one. Tons of addons that they count as themes. Reason? Cause I take requests. I take the time to make what people want. No matter if I do or not. You see alot from me, but Its free if you purchased the main package. If you dont like my art then ok, glad we could give you a place to ***** about things you do not like.

    If I wasnt so successful then I wouldn't have made time in my life for this. It is not what alot of you say is a hobby. It is a business. A business I love. I have paid this lovely government alot of money because of this business. I still do. So with that I have a different perspective on alot of this as you. I see how to better my business like anyone else.

    All is thought out more than you would think. Why do I not want to ruin my packages completely? How much does piracy impacts my business. As joker said He dont give a **** about anyone who pirates. I dont there isnt a way to compare money lost to money made etc it doesnt fkin matter.

    As I stated earlier that many people see my work. No matter if they paid or not. That really is enough for me, but if I can pursuade someone from stealing it I will. Why do you think walmart put the electronic devices on items? Does that mean you cant steal them?

    People dont look at forums. Majority of the people who download the pirated version didnt even add the repo on there phone. You forum runners, zombies whatever will always have pirated versions. Stop worrying.
    Last edited by June'sIphone; 01-16-2013 at 11:55 PM.

  4. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to June'sIphone For This Useful Post:

    hemptation (01-17-2013), jokerg7 (01-16-2013), King_O_Hill (01-17-2013), KnightWing (01-17-2013), Shad0wM0nk3y (01-18-2013)

  5. #63
    Livin the iPhone Life cocco26's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Spain
    Posts
    3,383
    Thanks
    1,556
    Thanked 5,206 Times in 2,038 Posts

    i was thinking that the only solution for themes is that we need to make an petition or something to Saurik to eliminate the add button for add sources that way ppl can't add the cracked repos and in time this will close all because if ppl can't add sources then they wont donate to the hackers and eventually hackers will need to close the site and repo duo to the costs like *********.

  6. The Following User Says Thank You to cocco26 For This Useful Post:

    hemptation (01-17-2013)

  7. #64
    Quote Originally Posted by cocco26 View Post
    i was thinking that the only solution for themes is that we need to make an petition or something to Saurik to eliminate the add button for add sources that way ppl can't add the cracked repos and in time this will close all because if ppl can't add sources then they wont donate to the hackers and eventually hackers will need to close the site and repo duo to the costs like *********.
    I'd hate that. Some of us like having repos that provide things that aren't already available on the stock repos, and that would put so much stress on Macciti and modmyi repos.
    Follow me on twitter @The_KnightWing

  8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to KnightWing For This Useful Post:

    hemptation (01-17-2013), King_O_Hill (01-17-2013)

  9. #65
    Livin the iPhone Life cocco26's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Spain
    Posts
    3,383
    Thanks
    1,556
    Thanked 5,206 Times in 2,038 Posts

    well glad that u mention that then saurik can make them official like modmyi and macciti but then again is an idea and it will be possible to add those repos who don't support piracy directly to cydia

    i use to some repos like wordjelly that is an free server for siri on iphone or rainstone that has the siri port for ipnoe4 this all can be included on cydia like official repos and i know there are more like this
    Last edited by cocco26; 01-17-2013 at 04:32 PM.

  10. The Following User Says Thank You to cocco26 For This Useful Post:

    hemptation (01-17-2013)

  11. #66
    Quote Originally Posted by cocco26 View Post
    well glad that u mention that then saurik can make them official like modmyi and macciti but then again is an idea and it will be possible to add those repos who don't support piracy directly to cydia

    i use to some repos like wordjelly that is an free server for siri on iphone or rainstone that has the siri port for ipnoe4 this all can be included on cydia like official repos and i know there are more like this
    That also wouldn't help. Debs are easy to install without Cydia.
    Follow me on twitter @The_KnightWing

  12. The Following User Says Thank You to KnightWing For This Useful Post:

    hemptation (01-17-2013)

  13. #67
    Livin the iPhone Life cocco26's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Spain
    Posts
    3,383
    Thanks
    1,556
    Thanked 5,206 Times in 2,038 Posts

    yes but many ppl don't know how to install a deb with ifile and like i said if those ppl don't download them from cydia the cracked repos will lose

    and it will be more work for Saurik because he will control everything but it will make more money sow he can hire more ppl to work for him.
    Last edited by cocco26; 01-17-2013 at 04:47 PM.

  14. The Following User Says Thank You to cocco26 For This Useful Post:

    hemptation (01-17-2013)

  15. #68
    Master Theme Creator June'sIphone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    DaytonaBeach, FL
    Posts
    6,782
    Thanks
    5,252
    Thanked 10,091 Times in 3,684 Posts

    All Saurik would have to do is implement security into winterboard. Thats the beginning and the end of themes.

  16. #69
    King Kong ain't got nothing on me! King_O_Hill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    9,610
    Thanks
    42,507
    Thanked 18,233 Times in 6,615 Posts

    Saurik has already had many lengthy conversations about piracy and why he doesn't do anything about it. In a nutshell, if he were to decide what was to be available on Cydia and what was not, that makes him no better than Apple. He would be controlling what we can and cannot download. A lot of themers know me here and even though I may do a lot of alpha/beta testing, I still pay/donate for the themes. Even though I don't pirate stuff, doesn't mean that I want someone controlling what I can and can't do. I support sauriks decision to allow anyone to have a repo and allow whatever they want to share there. I like having that choice. Isn't that why we are here as a jailbreak community?

    Don't get me wrong, I bought Junes tweak as soon as I saw it. I tried it and even if I never use it again, I wanted to support him. Plus it is pretty cool. I love some of the outside of the box thinking that goes on around here from a number of people.

    Alright, I'll get down off my soapbox and give someone else a turn. Just so that you know, I like this idea. To all that contribute here, thanks!

    Brian
    Last edited by King_O_Hill; 01-17-2013 at 08:22 PM.
    Widget-Weather App Now Available! Also with MyLocation Support!
    Check out the thread here - Widget-Weather
    To install the Widget-Weather app, just go to Cydia and install. This will also remove MyLocation, as it is built in!
    Want to protect your JailBreak! Add this repo http://cydia.myrepospace.com/iLEXiNFO/ & Install "iLEX R.A.T."
    It will allow you to bring your phone back to a fresh jailbroken state!

  17. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to King_O_Hill For This Useful Post:

    jima6636 (01-18-2013), June'sIphone (01-17-2013), KnightWing (01-17-2013), Krima (01-17-2013), Shad0wM0nk3y (01-18-2013), Sk37cH (01-18-2013)

  18. #70
    Master Theme Creator June'sIphone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    DaytonaBeach, FL
    Posts
    6,782
    Thanks
    5,252
    Thanked 10,091 Times in 3,684 Posts

    Thanks bro, glad you checked out touchspin. Ive been workin on it a bit more. 100% better. Not a tweak, all html.
    TouchSpin got a little overhaul by June (JunesIphone) on Mobypicture

    Also created my first game for the lockscreen should be ready soon.

  19. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to June'sIphone For This Useful Post:

    jima6636 (01-18-2013), King_O_Hill (01-17-2013)

  20. #71
    Quote Originally Posted by King_O_Hill View Post
    Saurik has already had many lengthy conversations about piracy and why he doesn't do anything about it. In a nutshell, if he were to decide what was to be available on Cydia and what was not, that makes him no better than Apple. He would be controlling what we can and cannot download. A lot of themers know me here and even though I may do a lot of alpha/beta testing, I still pay/donate for the themes. Even though I don't pirate stuff, doesn't mean that I want someone controlling what I can and can't do. I support sauriks decision to allow anyone to have a repo and allow whatever they want to share there. I like having that choice. Isn't that why we are here as a jailbreak community?

    Don't get me wrong, I bought Junes tweak as soon as I saw it. I tried it and even if I never use it again, I wanted to support him. Plus it is pretty cool. I love some of the outside of the box thinking that goes on around here from a number of people.

    Alright, I'll get down off my soapbox and give someone else a turn. Just do that you know, I like this idea. To all that contribute here, thanks!

    Brian
    I agree with you here man. To me this is like Internet providers blocking certain sites just because it may or may not contain illegal material. What if your ISP decided that mediafire could not be accessed because of illegal file sharing. But all you want to do is download a cool iwidget that someone wants to share. Saurik has stated before that he feels he would be no better than Apple if he regulated Cydia.

    In my opinion, people need to get plugged into this community more. I think the more time people spend here creating relationships and establishing a personal connection with these artists the less they would pirate someones hard work. I know this is true for me. I have seen the hard work and support Jimmy, as well as many others, gives his themes and I would feel like I would be stealing from a friend if I pirated his stuff. It's this connection that needs to be fostered more not restricting access to something.

    I am never a supporter of forcing ones own code of morality on another. I feel it's best to engage that person and persuade them to see the merits of supporting this community. This, of course, is just my thoughts on the subject.
    Last edited by Krima; 01-17-2013 at 08:43 PM.

  21. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Krima For This Useful Post:

    jima6636 (01-18-2013), Sk37cH (01-18-2013)

  22. #72
    King Kong ain't got nothing on me! King_O_Hill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    9,610
    Thanks
    42,507
    Thanked 18,233 Times in 6,615 Posts

    Nicely put Krima. You know we are usually on the same page.

    I wish more peeps got it.
    Widget-Weather App Now Available! Also with MyLocation Support!
    Check out the thread here - Widget-Weather
    To install the Widget-Weather app, just go to Cydia and install. This will also remove MyLocation, as it is built in!
    Want to protect your JailBreak! Add this repo http://cydia.myrepospace.com/iLEXiNFO/ & Install "iLEX R.A.T."
    It will allow you to bring your phone back to a fresh jailbroken state!

  23. #73
    Quote Originally Posted by King_O_Hill View Post
    Nicely put Krima. You know we are usually on the same page.

    I wish more peeps got it.
    Thanks man, your obviously an intelligent person. Lol. I often find myself agreeing with you as well.

  24. #74
    Master Theme Creator June'sIphone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    DaytonaBeach, FL
    Posts
    6,782
    Thanks
    5,252
    Thanked 10,091 Times in 3,684 Posts

    I don't come here for relationships. You don't pay me 2.99 for a relationship. That is free whenever you engage in a thread about my work. Not being connected in this community, has no impact on who or who doesn't steal your work. The quality of your work, your support, or how your work is readily available impacts who steals your work. The majority of people who purchase my work have no clue what MMI is or even have a clue how to install a theme without cydia.

    I am in no way making a theme that will stop piracy. I am not trying to stop piracy 100%. I can just code something into your work to display an error when installed off a pirate repo thats it... I would pay for it myself it someone else did it. Only reason I posted was to give you that option.

  25. The Following User Says Thank You to June'sIphone For This Useful Post:

    King_O_Hill (01-18-2013)

  26. #75
    Quote Originally Posted by June'sIphone View Post
    I don't come here for relationships. You don't pay me 2.99 for a relationship. That is free whenever you engage in a thread about my work. Not being connected in this community, has no impact on who or who doesn't steal your work. The quality of your work, your support, or how your work is readily available impacts who steals your work.
    I wasn't suggesting that relationships or MMI will combat piracy alone. People who buy themes will always buy themes but people who pirate themes have the opportunity to change by making a connection between the individual and the product. That's all I meant really.

  27. #76
    Master Theme Creator June'sIphone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    DaytonaBeach, FL
    Posts
    6,782
    Thanks
    5,252
    Thanked 10,091 Times in 3,684 Posts

    Oh yea, I've had that happen with a few people Jim, knightwing etc

    People are surprised you answer emails. They have no clue you have a forum or many forums they can come request, or even get more things for the theme they purchased.

  28. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to June'sIphone For This Useful Post:

    jima6636 (01-18-2013), King_O_Hill (01-18-2013)

  29. #77
    Livin the iPhone Life cocco26's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Spain
    Posts
    3,383
    Thanks
    1,556
    Thanked 5,206 Times in 2,038 Posts

    my friends you don't understand very well what i mean because i am not that good on explication sins my first language is not english.the idea of Saurik eliminate that button is not stop piracy 100% but can reduce it and for others repos that don't share others work and we know there are many but Saurik can introduce them like official repos on cydia and i mean those repos that are good.the idea that Saurik control all i was referring that he can alow or can't what the admins of those repos to submit on cydia not to control you what to download or what not.if u see there are many cracked repos if it was one no problem but are many more.and ppl who gets themes tweaks from this repos never will buy one because is sample to get it for free that spend money on something u like and is not fair that those repos make money with others work.i sow and article about that guy who make springtomize2 and he told there that he spent 6 months on making it and it was fair that on a few hours it was free on those repos i think is not fair but what those who download cracked tweaks they don't work 100% and i have make an experiment with callbar i have it cracked and it give me many times a few errors but after i bought it the the errors disappeared.any way it was only an idea with that button

  30. #78
    Quote Originally Posted by cocco26 View Post
    my friends you don't understand very well what i mean because i am not that good on explication sins my first language is not english.the idea of Saurik eliminate that button is not stop piracy 100% but can reduce it and for others repos that don't share others work and we know there are many but Saurik can introduce them like official repos on cydia and i mean those repos that are good.the idea that Saurik control all i was referring that he can alow or can't what the admins of those repos to submit on cydia not to control you what to download or what not.if u see there are many cracked repos if it was one no problem but are many more.and ppl who gets themes tweaks from this repos never will buy one because is sample to get it for free that spend money on something u like and is not fair that those repos make money with others work.i sow and article about that guy who make springtomize2 and he told there that he spent 6 months on making it and it was fair that on a few hours it was free on those repos i think is not fair but what those who download cracked tweaks they don't work 100% and i have make an experiment with callbar i have it cracked and it give me many times a few errors but after i bought it the the errors disappeared.any way it was only an idea with that button
    Oh, I understood you the first time. A bump for piracy, cool.

    Bumps might slow piracy down, but it can't stop piracy, at least not without any consequences.
    Follow me on twitter @The_KnightWing

  31. The Following User Says Thank You to KnightWing For This Useful Post:

    King_O_Hill (01-18-2013)

  32. #79
    Livin the iPhone Life cocco26's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Spain
    Posts
    3,383
    Thanks
    1,556
    Thanked 5,206 Times in 2,038 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by KnightWing View Post
    Oh, I understood you the first time. A bump for piracy, cool.

    Bumps might slow piracy down, but it can't stop piracy, at least not without any consequences.
    agree bro but i think no one will ever ask for this steep.

  33. #80
    My iPhone is a Part of Me The 8th Immortal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Anywhere under Heaven is my Home
    Posts
    852
    Thanks
    526
    Thanked 1,418 Times in 450 Posts

    People have to be realistic.
    "Piracy" will always exist.
    As someone mentioned earlier, but in other words, if the will is strong enough you will find a way.
    I visit many pirate sites and get what i want. And i see alot of people from this site, in this thread, on those sites.
    I buy what i feel like buying and straight tax the rest.
    This is the information age. Anything can be found. Anything can get got.
    Anyone here ever bought a bootleg movie? You're a pirate. You contribute to piracy. XBMC? You're a pirate. etc.
    To have Repos stripped from Cydia is ludacris. Makes no sense. Plenty of people have repos with their own work they put out for free, not just pirated stuff.
    I've bought plenty of themes. Plenty of emails to back that up. And there's times when a theme looks fugly except for maybe a dialer or UI or you name it. I'm not paying for that. It get's taxed.
    People pirate for different reasons.
    From a themers perspective (i'm not a themer just fiddle around with PS) i understand the time and effort that goes into making a theme. So when a theme is released and is taxed in less than an hour, that's just the way the cookie crumbles.
    Some of the themes i've seen lately should be given away for free. It's disgusting.
    I was talking to my father about piracy recently. He writes and publishes his own books. He told me some of his stuff got taxed in less than an hour. I thought it was funny (because i had just told him how i get some stuff off the internet). We talked some more about piracy blah blah blah and we had a few laughs. It's not that serious.
    Bottom line with me is, no reason for panties gettin all bunched up. It is what it is.
    For me it's about freedom. That's why you can catch me in threads helping out with this or that. Giving freely. Helping with icons, information, etc.
    One last thing. Sometimes people feel they are doing things for a greater good, or to push things in one direction or another. But often times there's a bigger picture. And a sequence of events will bring about unforseen situations. Beneficial or detrimental to the intent of the person(s) original thought processes. For every action there is an equal and opposite reaction.

    Stay Thirsty My Friends
    SIGPIC SIGPIC

  34. The Following User Says Thank You to The 8th Immortal For This Useful Post:

    jima6636 (01-18-2013)

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast
Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •