+ Reply
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iThemeSecurity

is a discussion within the

iPhone 4|4S New Skins / Themes Launches

forums, a part of the

New Skins / Themes Launches

section;
freaking genius June!
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,591 Times in 1,186 Posts

freaking genius June!

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to sephiroth726 For This Useful Post:

D1LL1NG3R (01-15-2013), hemptation (01-15-2013), King_O_Hill (01-17-2013)

Thanks
    Thanked 11,307 Times in 2,723 Posts

I agree truck. more about apps than themes. as many know I have no problem supporting theme creators and widget makers. I have bought a few themes that I didn't use. but you will never see me put up a fuss about 10 bucks bro.

and the idea of making it as difficult as possible is exactly the point. as said, I agree with this. just wish we could get more support from the pirate sites themselves.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to hemptation For This Useful Post:

King_O_Hill (01-17-2013)

Master Theme Creator June'sIphone's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,023 Times in 3,666 Posts

It's hard to get there assistance with the pirate repo making a profit from our work.

Try before you buy. I dunno may be just made up and no one that try's buys. I dunno. I've never used this. Even all tweaks I've bought. Before I bought them I read about the tweak ect. I guess your right. It shows screenshots and desc before you buy. There is forums with users commenting on the themes. Really is no excuse. Exspecially if you find a Dev that helps with issues.

The reason I even thought of securing my themes more. Is because I received an email. Said that my theme did not work with lockinfo. He said he wanted his money back. So like I always do I looked at his change log. He did not show purchasing the package, but he did show it off a pirated repo.

Still he was asking for a refund on a package he never purchased. The week before I had this happen with 2 other people. Has never happened, before. I just sent them a screenshot of there own change log. They never responded iThemeSecurity-imageuploadedbymodmyi1358288673.140387.jpg
    iThemeSecurity-imageuploadedbymodmyi1358288759.346158.jpg
    Last edited by June'sIphone; 01-15-2013 at 03:39 PM.

6. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to June'sIphone For This Useful Post:

D1LL1NG3R (01-15-2013), hemptation (01-15-2013), henftling (01-16-2013), King_O_Hill (01-17-2013)

2k1
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,064 Times in 4,206 Posts

Wow that's harsh pirate and try to steal more money from the devs. Wow

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to 2k1 For This Useful Post:

D1LL1NG3R (01-15-2013), hemptation (01-15-2013), henftling (01-16-2013)

Thanks

It really did irritate me. I knew this issue with lock info, and have gave some refunds.

My own curiosity made me look into the log. I was glad I did, and couldn't believe the nerve.

10. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to June'sIphone For This Useful Post:

D1LL1NG3R (01-15-2013), hemptation (01-15-2013), henftling (01-16-2013), King_O_Hill (01-17-2013)

2k1
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,064 Times in 4,206 Posts

No tellin how many that has happen to before.

12. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to 2k1 For This Useful Post:

D1LL1NG3R (01-15-2013), hemptation (01-15-2013), King_O_Hill (01-17-2013)

Thanks
    Thanked 11,307 Times in 2,723 Posts

yea that is crap right there. you know I don't even have to ooh at screen shots to buy themes. I support a lot of them,era, you being one of them. and wether I like the work or not, I buy the theme. only one I didn't purchase was 3ngag3d, and you know why. my try before I buy goes into apps. I have spent some money on apps. especially when I first got my 4. and a lot of those apps, I do not use. regardless, I support you on this. and I will support you on any future endeavors. you have always been respectful, and extremely supportive. like making sure I had color mods to one of your older themes while on vacation supportive. says a lot about a person.

that , that you just showed, was low down and dirty. probably a broke punk wanting a dollar in his paypal. no excuse. there use to be honor amongst thieves. I reckon there is no honor amongst pirates. thank you again

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

I wish there was a way you can download a theme and have a refund period like on android. Sometimes you just want to see how the theme looks first hand on your phone. Don't like it uninstall and you don't get charged, like it then you keep it and get charged. Pirates will always pirate but I bet a lot of people would opt not to pirate something if they get a chance to check it out in their phones. Just a thought. P.S that was way f'ed up that someone tries to get a refund on a pirated theme. How does a person like that lay his head down with a clear conscience.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Best01 For This Useful Post:

hemptation (01-16-2013)

Thanks
    Thanked 4,991 Times in 1,982 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Best01 View Post
    I wish there was a way you can download a theme and have a refund period like on android. Sometimes you just want to see how the theme looks first hand on your phone. Don't like it uninstall and you don't get charged, like it then you keep it and get charged. Pirates will always pirate but I bet a lot of people would opt not to pirate something if they get a chance to check it out in their phones. Just a thought. P.S that was way f'ed up that someone tries to get a refund on a pirated theme. How does a person like that lay his head down with a clear conscience.

bro why do u need to try it before buying?you don't see the screenshots or an video that almost themes have?i have banned from sinful just for saying to a guy that why he ask for my theme and do not buy it because $3.00 is not that much compare with an iphone price.sow many ppl have money for and iphone but don't have $3.00 to buying an theme or an app.and i told that guy to get a job and then make an paypal account very easy and for that an jerk admin banned me for life on sinful.and about refund why is that sow after u use the theme for a few days u need a refund?but u keep the theme and may be u are using it?i don't agree with the refund.before i make my own themes i have buy a few themes and many tweaks to and use them once or never.Junes u make a great job and hope u find a way to make works for themes to.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to cocco26 For This Useful Post:

hemptation (01-16-2013)

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by cocco26 View Post
    bro why do u need to try it before buying?you don't see the screenshots or an video that almost themes have?i have banned from sinful just for saying to a guy that why he ask for my theme and do not buy it because $3.00 is not that much compare with an iphone price.sow many ppl have money for and iphone but don't have $3.00 to buying an theme or an app.and i told that guy to get a job and then make an paypal account very easy and for that an jerk admin banned me for life on sinful.and about refund why is that sow after u use the theme for a few days u need a refund?but u keep the theme and may be u are using it?i don't agree with the refund.before i make my own themes i have buy a few themes and many tweaks to and use them once or never.Junes u make a great job and hope u find a way to make works for themes to.
    Sorry I should've been clearer on the android policy. Basically you buy the theme/app and you get 15 min to try it out. You don't like it you uninstall and you don't get charged. You like the theme and keep it pass the 15 min you get charged. I am blessed in that I can afford a theme but if you are young and mom and dad bought your phone or unemployed and in school you might not be able to afford it. I'm gonna presume most people who are in that category are more likely to pirate a theme. I however do not condone pirating. Screenshots don't always tell the full story, there's a few popular themes that I don't think we're so great but saw the buzz people were creating on the threads so I bought them and saw what everyone was talking about cause you get to really see all of the details on the theme. Eitherway I can see how a themer could be pissed off that they spent so much time crafting a theme and then see it pirated as soon as they drop it.

19. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Best01 For This Useful Post:

ferris419 (01-16-2013), hemptation (01-16-2013), Schnedi (01-16-2013)

Thanks

i don't know if you can try the themes on android like u said but the apps/games those i think u can but on the iphone themes are only images and u can't try them like you said but u can always ask a themer if he is so kind to give a free copy that i have done and i think many other themers have done.but u can't download it from an pirating repo and then come here to ask for help.and like i said who afford to buy an iphone that is the most expensive phone on the market till now i think those are working ppl or if mom and dad buy it then they has money to can give for a theme or an app or what the kid want.

21. The Following User Says Thank You to cocco26 For This Useful Post:

hemptation (01-16-2013)

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

i don't know if you can try the themes on android like u said but the apps/games those i think u can but on the iphone themes are only images and u can't try them like you said but u can always ask a themer if he is so kind to give a free copy that i have done and i think many other themers have done.but u can't download it from an pirating repo and then come here to ask for help.and like i said who afford to buy an iphone that is the most expensive phone on the market till now i think those are working ppl or if mom and dad buy it then they has money to can give for a theme or an app or what the kid want.
    Yeah you can do the same with the themes. And I have seen themers willing to give out free copies to those that can't afford. I think decals newest theme he said if was free and you could donate if you wanted to. That's awesome and very kind of him, so it is really fu- cked up that someone will pirate their stuff. Asking for help or a refund for a pirated theme is fu-cked up as well. Unfortunately as$holes like that exist in this world.
    Last edited by Best01; 01-16-2013 at 07:40 AM.

23. The Following User Says Thank You to Best01 For This Useful Post:

hemptation (01-16-2013)

Thanks

yes bro they are many.one guy asked me for help because he can't download the zeppelin logo another that can't download Color keyboard and i told them that they have bought the main theme?and guess it was pirated because they don't responded to my question.and this was after an day of my B1ackScorpion release.think also that if apple open a little the ios then may be all the pirated repos will die and with them half of the pirated things

25. The Following User Says Thank You to cocco26 For This Useful Post:

hemptation (01-16-2013)

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

yes bro they are many.one guy asked me for help because he can't download the zeppelin logo another that can't download Color keyboard and i told them that they have bought the main theme?and guess it was pirated because they don't responsded to my question.and this was after an day of my B1ackScorpion release.think also that if apple open a little the ios then may be all the pirated repos will die and with them half of the pirated things
    I agree with you I wish apple would allow for themes and widgets so you themers and coders could be in the App Store. There's a lot of talented individuals on here and should be able to profit for their hard work. Hopefully with all the negative stock issues apple is having they think about changing some of their policies and allow some of the tweaks and themes on cydiain their Eco system. I hope you guys don't get discouraged by all the pirating you deserve all the profit from your hard work

27. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Best01 For This Useful Post:

cocco26 (01-16-2013), hemptation (01-16-2013)

Thanks

is not always about the money.for me is an hobby and i like to put my ideas on the phone to see first my phone changed and until i am not satisfied with my work i don't release it.but those who pirate it at least to give credits to our work.

29. The Following User Says Thank You to cocco26 For This Useful Post:

Best01 (01-16-2013)

wanna-be Themer/Modder jima6636's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,194 Times in 831 Posts

question (No I didn't read thru all post so may of been answered) so is it uncrackable? cause I have seen dev's of cydia tweaks put some sort of prevention from crackers but soon or later the crackers figure out how to override security. Not trying to be downer just curious. basically couldn't they just go in html and change it.
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    on this I think for most part screenshots or videos really don't show ya how a theme really looks on your device plus I have seen screens of a theme and it looks great untill ya get it on your phone and is a bunch of stuff missing because the creator only got screens of what they wanted ya to see..but that's just my 2 cents.
    Last edited by jima6636; 01-16-2013 at 12:53 PM.

31. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to jima6636 For This Useful Post:

Best01 (01-16-2013), cukhiem (01-16-2013), RKO1195 (01-19-2013)

Thanks

on this I think for most part screenshots or videos really don't show ya how a theme really looks on your device plus I have seen screens of a theme and it looks great untill ya get it on your phone and is a bunch of stuff missing because the creator only got screens of what they wanted ya to see..but that's just my 2 cents.[/QUOTE]

but then again the buyer must ask on the thread of that theme what he need to know before buying don't u think?but the idea for now to try it first and then i will see if i buy it i don't agree because u don't have how to know if that person use or not your theme.because many are jerks

33. The Following User Says Thank You to cocco26 For This Useful Post:

King_O_Hill (01-17-2013)

Thanks
    Thanked 15,591 Times in 4,087 Posts

Not all customers visit threads
    Click My Sig For my auros Mods

35. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to GUNNY29 For This Useful Post:

King_O_Hill (01-17-2013), Shad0wM0nk3y (01-18-2013)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by jima6636 View Post
    question (No I didn't read thru all post so may of been answered) so is it uncrackable? cause I have seen dev's of cydia tweaks put some sort of prevention from crackers but soon or later the crackers figure out how to override security. Not trying to be downer just curious. basically couldn't they just go in html and change it.
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    on this I think for most part screenshots or videos really don't show ya how a theme really looks on your device plus I have seen screens of a theme and it looks great untill ya get it on your phone and is a bunch of stuff missing because the creator only got screens of what they wanted ya to see..but that's just my 2 cents.
    Good question Jim. The answer is on the blog.

37. The Following User Says Thank You to June'sIphone For This Useful Post:

King_O_Hill (01-17-2013)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by GUNNY29 View Post
    Not all customers visit threads
    but they can send an email directly from cydia before buying no?but many of them don't bother is easy to download it for free.

39. The Following User Says Thank You to cocco26 For This Useful Post:

King_O_Hill (01-17-2013)