+ Reply
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Alighted HD

is a discussion within the

iPhone 4|4S New Skins / Themes Launches

forums, a part of the

New Skins / Themes Launches

section;
Originally Posted by KnightWing No lol. I know the burden of having AP classes, in fact, I probably had tougher classes (graduating class was #6 in the U.S.) I'm actually
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by KnightWing View Post
    No lol. I know the burden of having AP classes, in fact, I probably had tougher classes (graduating class was #6 in the U.S.)

I'm actually completely self-taught in photoshop. No one sat down and taught me lol.

The only reason why I've never released a theme is because I still don't feel like I'm good enough. I started recently working on my own, but it's probably going to be a long time until I release it, as I am pickier than anyone I know.

I suggest you pick up and practice photoshop a little more (just a suggestion, feel free to ignore and continue selling themes), as you have a lot to learn man.
    'As you have a lot to learn man?' Go easy on him. You just said yourself that you don't think your theme is good enough to release yet. Obviously you're still learning. I am too.

Thanks
    Thanked 6,895 Times in 1,676 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by BadJ3d1 View Post
    'As you have a lot to learn man?' Go easy on him. You just said yourself that you don't think your theme is good enough to release yet. Obviously you're still learning. I am too.
    Ah, I didn't mean it that way man. I know I have a lot to learn. In all honesty, I probably won't ever release a theme for ios. I just don't enjoy photoshop as much as I used to. It used to be like playing a video game, but now every time I get on I do it typically because someone asks me to nowadays, and all the drama I've dealt with online has kind of killed it for me. That's why I rarely make or post stuff now.

I meant that modding would only help him in his graphic designing endeavors. That's all. I guess it's hard to convey words online.

Follow us on twitter @iOSAlliance
    Follow me on twitter @The_KnightWing

Thanks

Ah, I didn't mean it that way man. I know I have a lot to learn. In all honesty, I probably won't ever release a theme for ios. I just don't enjoy photoshop as much as I used to. It used to be like playing a video game, but now every time I get on I do it typically because someone asks me to nowadays, and all the drama I've dealt with online has kind of killed it for me. That's why I rarely make or post stuff now.

I meant that modding would only help him in his graphic designing endeavors. That's all. I guess it's hard to convey words online.
    Not a problem man. I guess I didn't quite get your meaning. My bad lol

4. The Following User Says Thank You to BadJ3d1 For This Useful Post:

hemptation (01-22-2013)

King Kong ain't got nothing on me! King_O_Hill's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 16,363 Times in 5,993 Posts

No lol. I know the burden of having AP classes, in fact, I probably had tougher classes (graduating class was #6 in the U.S.)

I'm actually completely self-taught in photoshop. No one sat down and taught me lol.

The only reason why I've never released a theme is because I still don't feel like I'm good enough. I started recently working on my own, but it's probably going to be a long time until I release it, as I am pickier than anyone I know.

I suggest you pick up and practice photoshop a little more (just a suggestion, feel free to ignore and continue selling themes), as you have a lot to learn man.
    That was a little harsh Abdul. You've caught me being harsh in the past, now I'm gonna return the favor. We should support all our young entrepreneurs around here. I give the dude credit for putting himself out there.

Zach, remember life is tough and you will always find people that try and knock you down. Most people don't have the things between your legs to take a chance. Taking chances and failing is part of it. Those that can pick themselves up, dust themselves off and try again will usually get it.

Just keep trying and pushing forward bud.
    Widget-Weather App Now Available! Also with MyLocation Support!
    Check out the thread here - Widget-Weather
    To install the Widget-Weather app, just go to Cydia and install. This will also remove MyLocation, as it is built in!
    Want to protect your JailBreak! Add this repo http://cydia.myrepospace.com/iLEXiNFO/ & Install "iLEX R.A.T."
    It will allow you to bring your phone back to a fresh jailbroken state!

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to King_O_Hill For This Useful Post:

BadJ3d1 (01-20-2013), hemptation (01-22-2013)

Thanks

Reminds me of the quote from the Dark Knight trilogy. 'Why do we fall? So we can learn to pick ourselves up again.'

Although Zach hasn't fallen of course. Lol

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to BadJ3d1 For This Useful Post:

hemptation (01-22-2013), King_O_Hill (01-20-2013)

Green Apple
    Thanks

Well I suppose I could take offense to that but in all honesty you're right I could learn more but, at least for me, I get better by just remaking them all over again and getting new ideas. As far as intelligence, that's not a problem "photographic memory" but Im lazy most of the time lol I enjoy theming as a hobby not as a full time job however, I do have a full time job and that job is becoming the president of the US! Or if that doesnt happen ... An astronomer (badjedi knows what I mean lol)

Reminds me of the quote from the Dark Knight trilogy. 'Why do we fall? So we can learn to pick ourselves up again.'

Although Zach hasn't fallen of course. Lol
    And thanks buddy I saw the dark knight trilogy, ya I loved it lol

Quote Originally Posted by King_O_Hill View Post
    That was a little harsh Abdul. You've caught me being harsh in the past, now I'm gonna return the favor. We should support all our young entrepreneurs around here. I give the dude credit for putting himself out there.

Zach, remember life is tough and you will always find people that try and knock you down. Most people don't have the things between your legs to take a chance. Taking chances and failing is part of it. Those that can pick themselves up, dust themselves off and try again will usually get it.

Just keep trying and pushing forward bud.
    Thank you so much! I totally agree "I'm not perfect" but I enjoy doing it. I can't even begin to tell you how much this quote means to me, my parents were so proud when they saw me doing this because they said "you are making money for yourself, not from somebody else". Even though I only made 25 - 30 bucks on the theme, I believe there is money in this. So no, I will never give up and no matter what I will keep trying and maybe eventually it will pay off! All my life I wanted to be an entrepreneur and I would always be told "you can't do it" or "it's not good enough" and my response back would be that I could do it and that it was good enough for me. I support the people that have been knocked down so many times but keep getting up and knowing that someone understands what I am going through , well that just means the world to me and my mom who has been sick for 6 months because I know that life can push you down but rather we choose to get back up is a whole different story You did make a difference with this quote, thank you so much
    Last edited by Zachchilders; 01-24-2013 at 02:14 PM.

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Zachchilders For This Useful Post:

BadJ3d1 (01-27-2013), King_O_Hill (01-24-2013)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Zachchilders View Post
    Well I suppose I could take offense to that but in all honesty you're right I could learn more but, at least for me, I get better by just remaking them all over again and getting new ideas. As far as intelligence, that's not a problem "photographic memory" but Im lazy most of the time lol I enjoy theming as a hobby not as a full time job however, I do have a full time job and that job is becoming the president of the US! Or if that doesnt happen ... An astronomer (badjedi knows what I mean lol)

And thanks buddy I saw the dark knight trilogy, ya I loved it lol

Thank you so much! I totally agree "I'm not perfect" but I enjoy doing it. I can't even begin to tell you how much this quote means to me, my parents were so proud when they saw me doing this because they said "you are making money for yourself, not from somebody else". Even though I only made 25 - 30 bucks on the theme, I believe there is money in this. So no, I will never give up and no matter what I will keep trying and maybe eventually it will pay off! All my life I wanted to be an entrepreneur and I would always be told "you can't do it" or "it's not good enough" and my response back would be that I could do it and that it was good enough for me. I support the people that have been knocked down so many times but keep getting up and knowing that someone understands what I am going through , well that just means the world to me and my mom who has been sick for 6 months because I know that life can push you down but rather we choose to get back up is a whole different story You did make a difference with this quote, thank you so much
    I'm sorry to hear that your mom has been sick for so long. My mom has had breast cancer for about a year now, so I know what's it like. Keep hanging in there.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to BadJ3d1 For This Useful Post:

hemptation (02-12-2013)

Green Apple
    Thanks

I'm sorry to hear that your mom has been sick for so long. My mom has had breast cancer for about a year now, so I know what's it like. Keep hanging in there.
    Ya it is hard and really a year? How is she hanging out?

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Zachchilders For This Useful Post:

BadJ3d1 (01-27-2013), hemptation (02-12-2013)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Zachchilders View Post
    Ya it is hard and really a year? How is she hanging out?
    She's doing pretty well actually. She has stage 2, so it's not as bad as it could be.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to BadJ3d1 For This Useful Post:

hemptation (02-12-2013)

Thanks
    Thanked 6,895 Times in 1,676 Posts

Best of luck man, I know how that feels. Mom had it, but thankfully they caught it early (even had a baby a few months ago ) . Keep us updated on how she is.

And Zach, you didn't understand a word I said earlier. I wasn't saying that you are not intelligent...I was simply stating that I know the burden of trying to juggle classes and photoshop at the same time...I mean, my class ranked #6 in the United States the year I graduated lol. Best of luck to you man.

Follow us on twitter @iOSAlliance
    Follow me on twitter @The_KnightWing

18. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to KnightWing For This Useful Post:

BadJ3d1 (02-12-2013), hemptation (02-12-2013)

Green Apple
    Thanks

Thank man

+ Reply
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234