+ Reply
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Alighted HD

is a discussion within the

iPhone 4|4S New Skins / Themes Launches

forums, a part of the

New Skins / Themes Launches

section;
Let me take a look at what you've done and if you got some visual ideas of what you may want, we'll try and make it happen.
    King Kong ain't got nothing on me! King_O_Hill's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 16,157 Times in 5,910 Posts

Let me take a look at what you've done and if you got some visual ideas of what you may want, we'll try and make it happen.
    Widget-Weather App Now Available! Also with MyLocation Support!
    Check out the thread here - Widget-Weather
    To install the Widget-Weather app, just go to Cydia and install. This will also remove MyLocation, as it is built in!
    Want to protect your JailBreak! Add this repo http://cydia.myrepospace.com/iLEXiNFO/ & Install "iLEX R.A.T."
    It will allow you to bring your phone back to a fresh jailbroken state!

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to King_O_Hill For This Useful Post:

BadJ3d1 (01-11-2013), Cloud2Ground (01-10-2013), Zachchilders (01-11-2013)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,302 Times in 480 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Zachchilders View Post
    regardless of our little spat, I still appreciate your opinion
    You have a good vibe dude. If you ever need any pointers hit me up. YouTube is your best friend in learning photoshop. Good Luck with your release.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Q_bAn_b For This Useful Post:

Zachchilders (01-12-2013)

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by King_O_Hill View Post
    Brilliant thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Q_bAn_b View Post
    You have a good vibe dude. If you ever need any pointers hit me up. YouTube is your best friend in learning photoshop. Good Luck with your release.
    And ok no prob

Ya I "had" a widget but then it stopped working an I deleted it lol
    Last edited by Zachchilders; 01-11-2013 at 04:31 AM.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Zachchilders For This Useful Post:

BadJ3d1 (01-11-2013)

Thanks

In a lot of ways, you have done a great job with this theme Zach. There are a few ways, however, in which Alighted could be improved. Some small tweaks here and there, such as improving the status bar battery a bit, maybe adding something a little more to the default icons.

But over all, this is a great theme and it has a lot of potential. Keep up the good work!
    Last edited by BadJ3d1; 01-11-2013 at 07:09 PM.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to BadJ3d1 For This Useful Post:

King_O_Hill (01-11-2013)

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by BadJ3d1 View Post
    In a lot of ways, you have done a great job with this theme Zack. There are a few ways, however, in which Alighted could be improved. Some small tweaks here and there, such as improving the status bar battery a bit, maybe adding something a little more to the default icons.

But over all, this is a great theme and it has a lot of potential. Keep up the good work!
    Thanks Buddy

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Zachchilders For This Useful Post:

BadJ3d1 (01-11-2013), King_O_Hill (01-11-2013)

Thanks

Not a problem man.

Green Apple
    Thanks

Wht did you think?

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by favori View Post
    Very nice great
    Do you really like it?

King Kong ain't got nothing on me! King_O_Hill's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 16,157 Times in 5,910 Posts

Wht did you think?
    It's a nice widget. Simple, clean and visually not overwhelming. It does lack a little flair though. No GPS is a drawback. Maybe adding a touch or swipe function would help. A simple slide show might also be nice. Did you have any ideas of what you might like to have?
    Widget-Weather App Now Available! Also with MyLocation Support!
    Check out the thread here - Widget-Weather
    To install the Widget-Weather app, just go to Cydia and install. This will also remove MyLocation, as it is built in!
    Want to protect your JailBreak! Add this repo http://cydia.myrepospace.com/iLEXiNFO/ & Install "iLEX R.A.T."
    It will allow you to bring your phone back to a fresh jailbroken state!

Green Apple
    Thanks

It's a nice widget. Simple, clean and visually not overwhelming. It does lack a little flair though. No GPS is a drawback. Maybe adding a touch or swipe function would help. A simple slide show might also be nice. Did you have any ideas of what you might like to have?
    Actually what you describe sounds about good, I see what you're saying

Basically what ever you think will enhance the theme more thanks for all your help I really appreciate it
    Last edited by Zachchilders; 01-12-2013 at 12:07 PM.

Green Apple
    Thanks

You have a good attitude, and good taste what should I add to the theme in your opinion?

Everything bedjedi did in this theme is absolutely amazing, he's a talented artist and deserves credit as does cocco and June's iPhone for there amazing help also

17. The Following User Says Thank You to Zachchilders For This Useful Post:

BadJ3d1 (01-12-2013)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,302 Times in 480 Posts

You have a good attitude, and good taste what should I add to the theme in your opinion?

Everything bedjedi did in this theme is absolutely amazing, he's a talented artist and deserves credit as does cocco and June's iPhone for there amazing help also
    Well for starters it lacks depth. You need to start using shadows and light to create that illusion. You rarely use gradients and when you do they are used improperly. Your "bevel and emboss" is to harsh mostly. Just throw that tool out all together and teach yourself how to create that bevel using other elements. Also it lacks continuity, that icon base is pretty neat but I see none of those elements incorporated anywhere else. Also you have to learn to take and build on criticism, you have to understand that everyone is not always gonna like it and that's just fine. Also your motivation truly needs to be for the love of it and not the monetary aspect. If you get sales in the meantime it's a bonus.

19. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Q_bAn_b For This Useful Post:

BadJ3d1 (01-13-2013), hemptation (01-13-2013), KnightWing (01-13-2013)

Green Apple
    Thanks

Well for starters it lacks depth. You need to start using shadows and light to create that illusion. You rarely use gradients and when you do they are used improperly. Your "bevel and emboss" is to harsh mostly. Just throw that tool out all together and teach yourself how to create that bevel using other elements. Also it lacks continuity, that icon base is pretty neat but I see none of those elements incorporated anywhere else. Also you have to learn to take and build on criticism, you have to understand that everyone is not always gonna like it and that's just fine. Also your motivation truly needs to be for the love of it and not the monetary aspect. If you get sales in the meantime it's a bonus.
    Everything helps, I learn quickly from my photographic memory so in all honesty criticizing is of a benefit to me.

21. The Following User Says Thank You to Zachchilders For This Useful Post:

BadJ3d1 (01-13-2013)

Thanks
    Thanked 6,895 Times in 1,676 Posts

Another thing to add...always remember, there is ALWAYS more than one way to accomplish something using photoshop. Always.

Throw out bevel and emboss until you fully understand how to work without it. It can be overwhelming, and many people who start using photoshop tend to rely on it too much. Don't get me wrong, it's a great tool, but it can be overused quite easily.

Good luck.

Follow us on twitter @iOSAlliance
    Follow me on twitter @The_KnightWing

23. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to KnightWing For This Useful Post:

BadJ3d1 (01-13-2013), hemptation (01-13-2013), King_O_Hill (01-13-2013)

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by KnightWing View Post
    Another thing to add...always remember, there is ALWAYS more than one way to accomplish something using photoshop. Always.

Throw out bevel and emboss until you fully understand how to work without it. It can be overwhelming, and many people who start using photoshop tend to rely on it too much. Don't get me wrong, it's a great tool, but it can be overused quite easily.

Good luck.
    Brilliant thanks a lot

Good luck.
    You make any themes?
    Last edited by Zachchilders; 01-13-2013 at 01:55 PM.

25. The Following User Says Thank You to Zachchilders For This Useful Post:

King_O_Hill (01-13-2013)

Thanks

I've made a wallpaper or two .

And you might want to wait during the break or during the summer to practice your photoshop. I took all AP and IB courses, and then I spent the summer learning more about photoshop.

Also, you want your heart to be in the right place, at least when it comes to theming. The majority of us use photoshop to help others with projects or because we simply love our work being liked by others around the world. As long as money is your only wish for your themes, you will not make anything great, or even anything good.

And last piece of advice, do this because you enjoy it, not to make a quick buck.
    Last edited by KnightWing; 01-13-2013 at 05:07 PM.

27. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to KnightWing For This Useful Post:

BadJ3d1 (01-13-2013), hemptation (01-13-2013), King_O_Hill (01-13-2013), rumcajs (02-16-2013), stratnik (01-17-2013)

Thanks

Great advice Knight.

29. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to BadJ3d1 For This Useful Post:

hemptation (01-13-2013), King_O_Hill (01-13-2013), KnightWing (01-13-2013)

Green Apple
    Thanks

I've made a wallpaper or two .

And you might want to wait during the break or during the summer to practice your photoshop. I took all AP and IB courses, and then I spent the summer learning more about photoshop.

Also, you want your heart to be in the right place, at least when it comes to theming. The majority of us use photoshop to help others with projects or because we simply love our work being liked by others around the world. As long as money is your only wish for your themes, you will not make anything great, or even anything good.

And last piece of advice, do this because you enjoy it, not to make a quick buck.
    lol it wouldnt be a quick buck with all the time i spend on it, I make maybe 15 cents an hour... so I realize thats its not a quick buck, as far as taking an ap class, my class doesnt offer that lol but maybe in the summer i could learn

Thanks

Do you really like it?
    Of course Nice

Thanks

lol it wouldnt be a quick buck with all the time i spend on it, I make maybe 15 cents an hour... so I realize thats its not a quick buck, as far as taking an ap class, my class doesnt offer that lol but maybe in the summer i could learn
    No lol. I know the burden of having AP classes, in fact, I probably had tougher classes (graduating class was #6 in the U.S.)

I'm actually completely self-taught in photoshop. No one sat down and taught me lol.

The only reason why I've never released a theme is because I still don't feel like I'm good enough. I started recently working on my own, but it's probably going to be a long time until I release it, as I am pickier than anyone I know.

I suggest you pick up and practice photoshop a little more (just a suggestion, feel free to ignore and continue selling themes), as you have a lot to learn man.