Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: [Preview] Swipe - Lockscreen theme only!

iPhone? More like MyPhone Irish_Man's Avatar
    Thanks

Well..unfortunately, it still doesn't work.
    IntelliscreenX unistalled, have nothing else installed.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Irish_Man For This Useful Post:

lostinthemes (12-31-2012), rasputin007 (12-30-2012)

I don't have my 3GS any more, its my son's now, I could ask him if I can use it to check.

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to rasputin007 For This Useful Post:

Irish_Man (12-30-2012), King_O_Hill (12-30-2012)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by rasputin007 View Post
    I don't have my 3GS any more, its my son's now, I could ask him if I can use it to check.
    that would be great...tnx
    I use my 3GS just for testing things but i really like this thing....great job man

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Irish_Man For This Useful Post:

rasputin007 (12-31-2012)

My son let me use his 3GS, jailbroken on iOS 5.1.1.!
    I installed Swipe, Lockscreen Clock Hide and Lockscreen Dim Delay. Straight after installing, selected Swipe in Winterboard and did a respring. Could see the wallpaper, slider and camera, but no finger slide worked. Then opened SwipeSetup and save the settings, locked out and now the swipes were working, even without free API key (OK, could not get weather), so copied a myLocation.txt file (he has not got MyLocation App), entered my free API key, saved the SwipeSetup again, locked out and the Lockscreen worked just as it should do.
    This makes me think that Swipe need a database in order to run through the scripts, as the database values are essential to the execution of the scripts.
    I never noticed this on the iPod4, as there always has been a database!
    So after installing go to the Home screen, open Swipe Setup, set it to what ever you like, save it (you get 2 confirmations messages, press "OK" each time). then lock out and try swiping.

If that works, install InteliScreenX and try again, then we'll know if IntelliScreenX is a problem or not.
    Last edited by rasputin007; 12-31-2012 at 05:53 AM.

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to rasputin007 For This Useful Post:

KraXik (01-02-2013), lostinthemes (12-31-2012)

3gs users must install exactly the way Rasputin explained,
    Install 1.1... First check Swipe 1.1 in WinterBord...Second hit Swipe Setup and check your choises...Lockup and it works...
    Except Google map, but I dont have a personal Api Key, maybe thats the reason
    Thanks...

No problem it begins to work flawlessly in all courses
    Thank you man...

Wish all of you a happy new year...
    Last edited by lostinthemes; 12-31-2012 at 06:51 AM.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to lostinthemes For This Useful Post:

rasputin007 (12-31-2012)

Google Maps does not require the API key, but needs the myLocation.txt file in /var/mobile/Documents. Either install MyLocation App (see King's signature) or create one, should look like.
    Code:
    Lat=40.71277991970850
    Long=-73.96005841970849
    btw 2 finger swiping takes a bit learning, have the fingers too far apart and it counts as a 1-finger swipe. Also with having set the swipe distance to a threshold of 200 pixel, that is a lot of distance on a 3GS with a 480 pixel width.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to rasputin007 For This Useful Post:

KraXik (01-02-2013)

Thanks

unfortunately, it doesn't work for me.
    I"ve followed all the steps but swipe still doesn't work.
    I have no idea why. I'm going to check everything I have installed on my iPhone.

I have uninstalled Swipe 1.1 through Cydia, but the database remained. Then I installed Swipe 1.2 through Cydia and when I opened the Swipe Setup page there were my saved settings from the database.

btw I put the Swipe 1.2 on the MMUS repo.
    Some small changes for the Twitter and New Feed section. Restyled and increased the amount of tweets/news that are being displayed in a scrollable window.
    Twitter shows now the last 20 tweets of the user you set in the Swipe Setup page.
    There are now the last 10 news displayed in the News Feed section, also in a scrollable windows.
    It looks like this now.

There still needs to be some work done as links in the tweets/new feeds are opening a new "browser" window and then you are stuck, well you still can slide to unlock, but you can not go back or cancel the display. That is something I have to sort out one day.
    Last edited by rasputin007; 01-02-2013 at 01:12 PM.

15. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to rasputin007 For This Useful Post:

King_O_Hill (01-02-2013), KraXik (01-02-2013), lostinthemes (01-03-2013)

I went to 1.2 and it worked exactly as you said!

Nice job bud!

Check out WW2 for iOS 8 - Widget-Weather 2.0

After converting Swipe 6.1 into GPS Swipe 6.1, which uses its own geolocation javascript and stores the latitude/longitude in the database (on MMUS repo - apt.mmus.us), I have extented this now to Swipe2.

The difference to GPS Swipe 6.1 is that there is now only one icon on Springboard and not 2 as being used by GPS Swipe 6.1, one for GPS position and one for Setup.
    Now it is all in one icon.

On touching that icon you'll see this page

It shows you your GPS position and also saves those into the database at the same time, an On-Demand GPS position update. Open, close, done!
    At the bottom are 2 more icons, the left one will open the Setup page

and the right one will open a weather description page.
    A WHAT?
    The weather description page allows you to create your own weather descriptions, in any language you like. There are 47 different weather conditions used by WorldWeatherOnline (actually the same number as Yahoo Weather uses). Before you always had to code translations in a translation.js file and adding another language was a real pain in the butt. But now everybody can create their own description in their own language, they get saved in a database and the LockBackground.html will read that database and replace the weather description with the one you created.
    Here is a screenshot of my weather descriptions.

As you can see I used "Boring" for Partly Cloudy and "Sunburn time" for Sunny. So on my Lockscreen it will look like this now

A huge improvement compared to all other weather widgets/lockscreens etc, as I have not seen one yet that had Russian, Chinese, Thai or Vietnamese weather descriptions as most developers use English, German, French and Spanish (if at all!).
    Last edited by rasputin007; 03-09-2013 at 11:55 AM.
    Nothing is impossible only miracles take a bit longer!

19. The Following User Says Thank You to rasputin007 For This Useful Post:

lostinthemes (03-12-2013)

Wow! Very nice work bro.

As an FYI, June figured out how to save the settings from the lockscreen automatically on his MiLock thread.

Check out WW2 for iOS 8 - Widget-Weather 2.0

Thanks
    Thanked 7,065 Times in 4,206 Posts

This is just amazing loving all these lockscreens coming out.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123