+ Reply
Page 5 of 61 FirstFirst ... 34567 15 55 ... LastLast
Results 81 to 100 of 1205

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.


Thread: For You [Free Christmas Gift]

is a discussion within the

iPhone 4|4S New Skins / Themes Launches

forums, a part of the

New Skins / Themes Launches

section;
Another shameless icon bump:P Just keeping you all up to date. Here's a few more I've made progress on. Words With Friends, Draw Something, Speedtest, and Spotify. Also, if anyone
...
  1. #81
    Etch A Sketch Sk37cH's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Oz maaaaaate ;)
    Posts
    1,712
    Thanks
    4,066
    Thanked 6,050 Times in 1,442 Posts

    Another shameless icon bump:P Just keeping you all up to date. Here's a few more I've made progress on. Words With Friends, Draw Something, Speedtest, and Spotify.
    For You [Free Christmas Gift]-you-icons.png

    Also, if anyone could help with the Auxo question in my last post above, I'd be very grateful It's not quite ready, but it should be tomorrow. I'll send a link to any volunteers. Thank you

  2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Sk37cH For This Useful Post:

    Alfroggy (01-01-2013), bluevixen (01-01-2013), henftling (01-03-2013), indyzzzz (01-09-2013)

  3. #82
    Etch A Sketch Sk37cH's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Oz maaaaaate ;)
    Posts
    1,712
    Thanks
    4,066
    Thanked 6,050 Times in 1,442 Posts

    PM request for HomeTeam (sports team tracker). I got the wrong app, so I'll post this here in-case anyone wants to use it Thank you.
    For You [Free Christmas Gift]-home-team-mask-.png

  4. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Sk37cH For This Useful Post:

    Alfroggy (01-03-2013), henftling (01-03-2013), lion19 (04-27-2013), s22lane (01-02-2013), tunechi (01-03-2013)

  5. #83
    Green Apple bluevixen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    89
    Thanks
    1,255
    Thanked 171 Times in 80 Posts

    Awesome work as always Loving how these icons fit so well with many different and cool themes!

  6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to bluevixen For This Useful Post:

    henftling (01-03-2013), Sk37cH (01-02-2013)

  7. #84
    Etch A Sketch Sk37cH's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Oz maaaaaate ;)
    Posts
    1,712
    Thanks
    4,066
    Thanked 6,050 Times in 1,442 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by bluevixen View Post
    Awesome work as always Loving how these icons fit so well with many different and cool themes!
    Thank you. You're definitely my biggest fan, and the main reason I do all this

    Here's the progress on "4 Auxo", a skin for the Auxo switcher. For the most part, I've left this un-touched, because it takes several elements from the UI that you're running. I did however theme the slider handle, because it remained the default silver throughout all the UI themes I run. Also, I think the parts that don't theme, seem to blend in nicely anyway All small switches are themed, and the shadow overlay that sits on the card has been modified to suit the smaller icons. Granted that some cydia apps aren't themed, but I've added some of the files to the next "4 You" update.
    For You [Free Christmas Gift]-4-auxo-preview.png

    @tunechi.
    Here's the icon we discussed. I will include the others in the upgrade, and maybe throw this one in as an Alternate. Also wasn't sure if you had a mail icon. If you want, you can place it in /Bundles/com.apple.mobilemail/ and remove the "_tunechi" from the end of the icon name. Thank you.
    For You [Free Christmas Gift]-icon-2x.png For You [Free Christmas Gift]-icon-2x_tunechi.png

  8. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Sk37cH For This Useful Post:

    Alfroggy (01-03-2013), bluevixen (01-03-2013), henftling (01-03-2013), indyzzzz (01-09-2013), Karoonchai (01-03-2013), tunechi (01-03-2013)

  9. #85
    Etch A Sketch Sk37cH's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Oz maaaaaate ;)
    Posts
    1,712
    Thanks
    4,066
    Thanked 6,050 Times in 1,442 Posts

    Hello again After many hours of custom making each symbol, and toggle in illustrator, I'm happy to share "4 Auxo". A theme for the Auxo switcher. Hopefully if you guys and girls like it. I maintain, that although it's not perfect, all the shapes are unique, and created from scratch using "geometrically friendly" techniques. This could be the start of a UI. I'll keep this as a separate package and add other UI elements to it as I go. For more details, see my last post. I aI also have another updated ready to go, with about 60 extra icons. I've themed a lot of the settings icons for cydia, several more 3rd party apps, and many of the table icons use throughout the UI. Really hope you'll be able to notice how thorough this is becoming.
    I'll also be updating the first post soon, with the settings icon PSD, updated tutorial including changing the name on the mail icon through the smart object in the first PSD, and much more. Thank you.

    INSTRUCTIONS
    - Download "4 Auxo.zip" from HERE
    - Un-zip and transfer to var/mobile/stash/Themes
    - Activate "4 Auxo" in winterboard.

    Thank you

  10. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Sk37cH For This Useful Post:

    Alfroggy (01-05-2013), bluevixen (01-05-2013), daddykool (01-08-2013), henftling (01-05-2013), s22lane (01-05-2013), tunechi (01-06-2013)

  11. #86
    Green Apple bluevixen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    89
    Thanks
    1,255
    Thanked 171 Times in 80 Posts

    I can testify that it is awesome

    Really great job. You can absolutely see how much your style is evolving into your own and the amount of hard work that goes into each icon

  12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to bluevixen For This Useful Post:

    Alfroggy (01-05-2013), Sk37cH (01-05-2013)

  13. #87
    Etch A Sketch Sk37cH's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Oz maaaaaate ;)
    Posts
    1,712
    Thanks
    4,066
    Thanked 6,050 Times in 1,442 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by bluevixen View Post
    I can testify that it is awesome

    Really great job. You can absolutely see how much your style is evolving into your own and the amount of hard work that goes into each icon
    Lol. Thank you I just made us a display recorder icon, at long last :P

  14. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Sk37cH For This Useful Post:

    Alfroggy (01-05-2013), bluevixen (01-05-2013), henftling (01-05-2013)

  15. #88
    Green Apple bluevixen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    89
    Thanks
    1,255
    Thanked 171 Times in 80 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by Sk37cH View Post
    Lol. Thank you I just made us a display recorder icon, at long last :P
    Haha, well ain't I a lucky girl? Thank you

  16. The Following User Says Thank You to bluevixen For This Useful Post:

    Sk37cH (01-05-2013)

  17. #89
    Etch A Sketch Sk37cH's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Oz maaaaaate ;)
    Posts
    1,712
    Thanks
    4,066
    Thanked 6,050 Times in 1,442 Posts

    Hi all Just about got the 1.2 update ready to go. If there's any icons you'd like, just mention them, and I'll see what I can come up with. So far these are the new icons. I hope you'll enjoy. Thank you

    -MX Tube.
    -UnlimTones.
    -NeoGeo Emulater.
    -Mobile Terminal.
    -Display Recorder.
    -Final Burn Alpha.
    -iBlackList.
    -Words With Friends
    -Draw Something.
    -Over 20 new "table" and "settings" icons.
    -Spotify.
    -Speed Test.

  18. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Sk37cH For This Useful Post:

    Alfroggy (01-06-2013), bluevixen (01-06-2013), daddykool (01-08-2013), meth357 (09-30-2013), tunechi (01-06-2013)

  19. #90
    Etch A Sketch Sk37cH's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Oz maaaaaate ;)
    Posts
    1,712
    Thanks
    4,066
    Thanked 6,050 Times in 1,442 Posts

    Default For You [1.2]
    Hello again peoples I've just updated the first post with links to "4 You[1.2]" update, changelog, and also updated the tutorial in the PSD. It now has some detailed instructions on making your own mail icon, for anyone wanting to learn photoshop. Here's a couple of the new icons, but I won't post them all, because I've themed many cydia settings icons, and table icons (the icon that displays in such places as the Auxo switcher overlay), so keep your eye out for any nice little surprises. If I've done my job good, you shouldn't even notice Thank you all for your support, and I hope you enjoy.

    For You [Free Christmas Gift]-icon-2x-2-.png For You [Free Christmas Gift]-icon-2x-3-.png For You [Free Christmas Gift]-icon-2x.png For You [Free Christmas Gift]-icon-2x-4-.png For You [Free Christmas Gift]-icon-2x-5-.png

  20. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Sk37cH For This Useful Post:

    Alfroggy (01-08-2013), bluevixen (01-08-2013), daddykool (01-08-2013), henftling (01-12-2013), indyzzzz (01-08-2013)

  21. #91
    Etch A Sketch Sk37cH's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Oz maaaaaate ;)
    Posts
    1,712
    Thanks
    4,066
    Thanked 6,050 Times in 1,442 Posts

    Hi all Hope everyone is enjoying their weekend. Just a little progress update. I've been wanting to learn about brushes for ages, and I've also been keen to make a phone icon. So I thought why not do both at once. The best way to learn about how brushes work, is probably to make one. So here's a little insight into the way my (arguably strange) mind works. It may not be the best way, but it gets a reasonable result.

    You can see in the first screen, that I made 2 rounded rectangles, and sheared them. Then I created 2 brush's from these shapes, and applied them to 2 matching paths I drew with the pen tool. Then I expanded these 2 layers, and messed with them a little, before I paste them into my photoshop template as a shaped layer. Then they're just integrated into the existing frame with a few subtle effects.
    For You [Free Christmas Gift]-illustraor.png

    For the actual icon base, it's fairly simple as you can see. I showed a friend of mine and asked for his opinion (thanks mate), and he said something to the effect of "man, that must have some layers" But compared to some icons, it's fairly straight forward. The viber icon pictured in the last screen, is without this phone cord, because it's automasked.
    For You [Free Christmas Gift]-ps-sidebyside.png For You [Free Christmas Gift]-viber.png

    I'm not sure when I'll release the update, but it will be sometime over the next few weeks, dependent on what I get done. I'll try and drop some community viber icons off to Jens and ulysseleviet before then.

    Massive thank you to henftling for the inspiration of his phone icon, and most of all for being a really nice person, and offering support. I'm truly grateful to have met you Jens.
    Thank you Vic, for all her support. I've said it before, but this wouldn't have happened if you weren't there to motivate me
    Thank you cl1ck4207 for your help with testing and advice.
    Thank you ulysseleviet for what continue to be some of the most innovative icon ideas I've seen. I love your new iTunes icon. I think we've mentioned before about "if I was an app, how would I express myself as an icon on a springboard?"
    Thank you also to all the incredible artists we have in the community.
    Last edited by Sk37cH; 01-12-2013 at 02:39 AM.

  22. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Sk37cH For This Useful Post:

    Alfroggy (01-12-2013), bluevixen (01-12-2013), henftling (01-12-2013), meth357 (09-30-2013)

  23. #92
    Etch A Alfroggy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    France
    Posts
    5,170
    Thanks
    30,256
    Thanked 8,523 Times in 3,578 Posts

    Man, you deserve praise for sharing this theme with the modmyi community. I know it involves a lot of work. You input a bunch too in updating it since, and thank you for that too. Plus you're always with kind and motivating words anywhere around the threads I've read lately, and I can only relate of the ones I subscribed to. And you shared many icons and Clockify themes as free add-ons for different themes. And now, I realize you are sharing your knowledge you gained doing those icons. PS artists usually keep their secrets close to the chest, but you... You give us details on how such and such thing is achieved, and what you tried, and what worked and what didn't. We can indeed learn a lot just by browsing your posts. Plus you are always willing to test things yourself so as to help people reporting their themeing method not to work, I'm sure you downloaded many apps from the AppStore, and Cydia tweaks just in order to provide correct file names, browsing within their directories and sharing that precious information we were missing. You advice on themeing methods countless times, settle arguments, and bring joy with your posts, no matter how much painful hours such and such icon gave you minutes before posting.

    THANK YOU FOR THAT. Thanks for being here with us. And even if us irreverent people get you tired of giving us all this after a while, stay as you are. Don't let ungratefulness change you. I hope all this sharing keeps providing you pleasure for many years.
    I'm happy to have met you. See you around


    Alex.
    Originally Posted by vXBaKeRXv
    This dude people is nothing but negative. "ALFROGGY"

  24. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Alfroggy For This Useful Post:

    bluevixen (01-12-2013), henftling (01-12-2013), meth357 (09-30-2013), Sk37cH (01-12-2013), The.Drifter (01-13-2013)

  25. #93
    PS Slave henftling's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    iOSAlliance
    Posts
    1,576
    Thanks
    7,691
    Thanked 6,168 Times in 1,100 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by Alfroggy View Post
    .....Thanks for being here with us. And even if us irreverent people get you tired of giving us all this after a while, stay as you are. Don't let ungratefulness change you. I hope all this sharing keeps providing you pleasure for many years.
    I'm happy to have met you. See you around


    Alex.
    I can only second that! You are a genereous, helpful and polite person...Guys like you (and you alfroggy ) are the reason, why we can come here with a smile...as we know we will meet people like you.
    So I can just repeat what Alex was saying: Stay as you are, cause you are an awesome person

  26. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to henftling For This Useful Post:

    Alfroggy (01-12-2013), bluevixen (01-12-2013), Nic.man (01-23-2013), Sk37cH (01-12-2013), The.Drifter (01-13-2013)

  27. #94
    Etch A Sketch Sk37cH's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Oz maaaaaate ;)
    Posts
    1,712
    Thanks
    4,066
    Thanked 6,050 Times in 1,442 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by Alfroggy View Post
    Man, you deserve praise for sharing this theme with the modmyi community. I know it involves a lot of work. You input a bunch too in updating it since, and thank you for that too. Plus you're always with kind and motivating words anywhere around the threads I've read lately, and I can only relate of the ones I subscribed to. And you shared many icons and Clockify themes as free add-ons for different themes. And now, I realize you are sharing your knowledge you gained doing those icons. PS artists usually keep their secrets close to the chest, but you... You give us details on how such and such thing is achieved, and what you tried, and what worked and what didn't. We can indeed learn a lot just by browsing your posts. Plus you are always willing to test things yourself so as to help people reporting their themeing method not to work, I'm sure you downloaded many apps from the AppStore, and Cydia tweaks just in order to provide correct file names, browsing within their directories and sharing that precious information we were missing. You advice on themeing methods countless times, settle arguments, and bring joy with your posts, no matter how much painful hours such and such icon gave you minutes before posting.

    THANK YOU FOR THAT. Thanks for being here with us. And even if us irreverent people get you tired of giving us all this after a while, stay as you are. Don't let ungratefulness change you. I hope all this sharing keeps providing you pleasure for many years.
    I'm happy to have met you. See you around


    Alex.
    Quote Originally Posted by henftling View Post
    I can only second that! You are a genereous, helpful and polite person...Guys like you (and you alfroggy ) are the reason, why we can come here with a smile...as we know we will meet people like you.
    So I can just repeat what Alex was saying: Stay as you are, cause you are an awesome person
    Wow. Kinda speechless, and that doesn't happen often Thank you both for such kind words. I've said it before, but it's been a pleasure to meet the people I've met, from my relatively short time at mmi. Thank you for your support. It's really appreciated, now more than ever

  28. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Sk37cH For This Useful Post:

    Alfroggy (01-12-2013), bluevixen (01-12-2013), henftling (01-12-2013), The.Drifter (01-13-2013)

  29. #95
    Etch A Sketch Sk37cH's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Oz maaaaaate ;)
    Posts
    1,712
    Thanks
    4,066
    Thanked 6,050 Times in 1,442 Posts

    Hello again. Hope every one is doing well. I'm making progress on another update. I've got several new cydia settings icons, a few alts like the phone, and quite a few new icons. Here's a few of them. Cake, Google Translate, Tapatalk, iPreview, and the new phone. Dock is from Themis.
    Thank you.
    For You [Free Christmas Gift]-1.3-update2-.png

    EDIT: I can see that weird gradient thing happening on the top left star. I'll see if it corrects itself, if not, I'll re-upload a better screen with more icon, and delete that one. Got me stumped what the upload does to the pic?

    EDIT 2: And its fixed itself :P No idea?
    Last edited by Sk37cH; 01-17-2013 at 08:31 PM.

  30. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Sk37cH For This Useful Post:

    Alfroggy (01-16-2013), bluevixen (01-16-2013), cl1ck4207 (01-25-2013), henftling (01-22-2013), meth357 (09-30-2013)

  31. #96
    Etch A Sketch Sk37cH's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Oz maaaaaate ;)
    Posts
    1,712
    Thanks
    4,066
    Thanked 6,050 Times in 1,442 Posts

    Hope everyone's Friday is going well. I may have some time this weekend to finish of a few more details, and maybe even look at submitting to Cydia at some stage. Just want to make it a bit more readily available for those without much iFile knowledge. So thank you to everyone who's helped get it to this stage, and given feedback.
    Here's a little look at an iTunes [;) ;)] concept I've done. Thanks to Alfroggy's feedback, I tried a couple of different things to get a "scratch to reveal panel" look. As I'm a big fan of learning new techniques, instead of downloading pre-made ones (where possible), I came up with this.

    -In illustrator, I made a squiggly line with the pen tool and added a 12px stroke to it. You can see the 17 points on the inner blue line, that were used to make it. Much simpler than it looks ;)
    -I made a rectangle with the shape tool.
    -I made copies of these, and expanded the stroke on the squiggly line. This gives me the "scratch shape".
    -I minus the front shape, merging the 2 shapes together, which creates the mess you see in the first screen.
    -Then the photoshop part, is just utilizing those shapes as vector masks, and adding a few subtle styles.

    The 3rd screen is the first concept I came up with. I can't wait to get a bigger canvas to put it to use. Seems a waste on such a small icon. I still have to add a bar-code into the lower section of the card, but it's getting there. Thank you Alfroggy for the ideas, much appreciated.

    Have a good weekend. Thank you.

    For You [Free Christmas Gift]-illustrator-scratch.jpg For You [Free Christmas Gift]-itunes-scratched-.png For You [Free Christmas Gift]-itunes-.png

  32. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Sk37cH For This Useful Post:

    Alfroggy (01-18-2013), bluevixen (01-18-2013), cl1ck4207 (01-25-2013), henftling (01-22-2013), meth357 (09-30-2013)

  33. #97
    Etch A Alfroggy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    France
    Posts
    5,170
    Thanks
    30,256
    Thanked 8,523 Times in 3,578 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by Sk37cH View Post
    Very nice, Sk37cH !

    Nice you're planning a Cydia submission, it definitely will be much appreciated.

    Need to tell you I love your WinterBoard icon !
    On a related sidenote, you should include another copy of it in the com.saurik.WinterBoard bundle, named 'icon.png'. Oddly enough, it has priority over its @2x counterpart, although Saurik included that retina standardized naming in WinterBoard's latest versions. Certainly due to how WinterBoard.app's Info.plist has a CFBundleIconFile key above the CFBundleIconFiles one.
    Originally Posted by vXBaKeRXv
    This dude people is nothing but negative. "ALFROGGY"

  34. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Alfroggy For This Useful Post:

    bluevixen (01-18-2013), henftling (01-22-2013), Sk37cH (01-18-2013)

  35. #98
    Etch A Sketch Sk37cH's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Oz maaaaaate ;)
    Posts
    1,712
    Thanks
    4,066
    Thanked 6,050 Times in 1,442 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by Alfroggy View Post
    Very nice, Sk37cH !

    Nice you're planning a Cydia submission, it definitely will be much appreciated.

    Need to tell you I love your WinterBoard icon !
    On a related sidenote, you should include another copy of it in the com.saurik.WinterBoard bundle, named 'icon.png'. Oddly enough, it has priority over its @2x counterpart, although Saurik included that retina standardized naming in WinterBoard's latest versions. Certainly due to how WinterBoard.app's Info.plist has a CFBundleIconFile key above the CFBundleIconFiles one.
    Thanks for the heads up. There's a couple of icons I've had to do this with. With that, and the fact that many apps use the non retina image for the table icons, banner notifications etc... it's almost non retina compatible :P If the icon is 59x60px, it still takes the retina image, correct? Thank you.

  36. #99
    Etch A Alfroggy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    France
    Posts
    5,170
    Thanks
    30,256
    Thanked 8,523 Times in 3,578 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by Sk37cH View Post
    If the icon is 59x60px, it still takes the retina image, correct? Thank you.
    You're welcome. The icon.png should still be Retina 118x120px, I knew I should have been more specific than just mentioning the need to include 'one more copy' of the icon.

    DreamBoard.app also needs such Retina-sized icon without the '@2x' part before the .png appendage. Yep, SD still rules

    Your icons have so crisp glyphs ! Love that.
    Originally Posted by vXBaKeRXv
    This dude people is nothing but negative. "ALFROGGY"

  37. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Alfroggy For This Useful Post:

    bluevixen (01-18-2013), meth357 (09-30-2013), Sk37cH (01-18-2013)

  38. #100
    Etch A Sketch Sk37cH's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Oz maaaaaate ;)
    Posts
    1,712
    Thanks
    4,066
    Thanked 6,050 Times in 1,442 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by Alfroggy View Post
    You're welcome. The icon.png should still be Retina 118x120px, I knew I should have been more specific than just mentioning the need to include 'one more copy' of the icon.

    DreamBoard.app also needs such Retina-sized icon without the '@2x' part before the .png appendage. Yep, SD still rules

    Your icons have so crisp glyphs ! Love that.
    Thank you. The crisp lines are kinda what carries it. The simple glyphs only have a little transparency (to blend highlights from the BG into them), and that small stroke to define the edge a little. So its certainly not the "style" I saw one of my settings icons resized for the homescreen, and you can tell its not retina, but because the settings icons are all vector resized, it wasn't really bad when blown up. I had to make another icon though, just for my sake
    Thank you again for the feedback.

  39. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Sk37cH For This Useful Post:

    Alfroggy (01-18-2013), bluevixen (01-18-2013), henftling (01-22-2013)

Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts