Page 87 of 124 FirstFirst ... 37 778586878889 97 ... LastLast
Results 1,721 to 1,740 of 2465

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: ToPaz (by Dacal aka @DacalMe)

Quote Originally Posted by GUNNY29 View Post
    Not Ferlop but that's not possible as far as I'm aware. You can use a tweak called renamer and rename first page icons to nothing that will accomplish what your wanting to do
    Thanks a lot, Gunny! I'd heard of icon renamer - wondered if that's what I'd need in this context. Now I wonder if that's a preference - the changed names - that Wynd's BackBoard can save and then upon reloading a different BackBoard preset the labels will return to their normal name.
    Here to help if I can. If I can't I know someone who can!

Quote Originally Posted by Best01 View Post
    Is there anyway of using this without summer board on. When y do it I get this and can't for the life of me figure out how to remove the shadow. Tia Attachment 626676
    Hey buddy, can u share the orb icons

3. The Following User Says Thank You to ferlop15 For This Useful Post:

Best01 (03-20-2013)

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Smitbeat For This Useful Post:

Dacal (03-20-2013), RKO1195 (03-20-2013)

Quote Originally Posted by ferlop15 View Post
    Hey buddy, can u share the orb icons
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/907vm11xwd...obilephone.zip
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/rsi2werwv5...mobilemail.zip
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/c976y32gasrwvxr/biteSMS.zip
    For anyone that wants. Credit to mone from itheming that's where I got them.

7. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Best01 For This Useful Post:

ferlop15 (03-20-2013), It's Mi (03-31-2013), Pocyahtstu (03-25-2013)

Livin the iPhone Life littlelisa63's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,544 Times in 927 Posts

Any news on the ip5 version yet?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by NewdestinyX View Post
    Ferlop,
    I don't suppose it's possible to suppress just page 1 of icon labels in an info.plist is it? I need my labels on page 2 and beyond.
    Hi Newdestiny, I just read this and I hope I understand that right .. there is a possibility to hide single icon labels.
    It's very long time ago that I have used that methode and I just tested if the way still works ..

If that is what you want, then let me know and I will explain

10. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Mone For This Useful Post:

ferlop15 (03-20-2013), It's Mi (03-31-2013), King_O_Hill (03-20-2013), nicoand (03-20-2013)

Quote Originally Posted by Mone View Post
    Hi Newdestiny, I just read this and I hope I understand that right .. there is a possibility to hide single icon labels.
    It's very long time ago that I have used that methode and I just tested if the way still works ..

If that is what you want, then let me know and I will explain
    YES!!! EXACTLY, Mone. Please let me know the solution. I downloaded Icon Renamer and, of course, that solve the problem too - but it's PERMANENT across all themes and setups - until you change it back with Icon Renamer. I want the hiding of certain icon labels to be SPECIFIC to ONLY ONE set up I'm using at a time - the preferences of which can be saved by BackBoard.

Please share your thoughts! Thank you in advance!
    Grant

12. The Following User Says Thank You to NewdestinyX For This Useful Post:

ferlop15 (03-20-2013)

I don't know Icon Renamer, but this way is also permanent .. but simple to change back if you don't want it anymore.

Well howsover, always good to know how the things work .. so here the explanation ..

You go to your system applications in the app which you want to hide the label, then in your language.lproj .. there is the file 'InfoPlist.strings' .. you open it with an plist editor (but save the original first .. I put a '_' in front, so the original file is still in the folder for easy changing later)

There you see .. (that is for me with the german name for the icon) ..

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
    <!DOCTYPE plist PUBLIC "-//Apple//DTD PLIST 1.0//EN" "http://www.apple.com/DTDs/PropertyList-1.0.dtd">
    <plist version="1.0">
    <dict>
    <key>CFBundleDisplayName</key>
    <string>Rechner</string>
    <key>CFBundleName</key>
    <string>Rechner</string>
    <key>NSHumanReadableCopyright</key>
    <string> Apple, 2007</string>
    </dict>
    </plist>

Delete that display icon name and put in empty spaces, move the file back in the folder and respring.

That's it .. and when you want to go back, then simply delete the '_' from the original file.

I hope this helps
    Last edited by Mone; 03-20-2013 at 10:55 AM.

14. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Mone For This Useful Post:

Dacal (03-20-2013), ferlop15 (03-20-2013), It's Mi (03-31-2013), King_O_Hill (03-20-2013), Pocyahtstu (03-25-2013), RKO1195 (03-20-2013)

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to RKO1195 For This Useful Post:

King_O_Hill (03-20-2013), Mone (03-20-2013)

Quote Originally Posted by littlelisa63 View Post
    Any news on the ip5 version yet?
    Thanks
    Compatibility pkg is one or two pages back. I'm finishing the LS and SB before send it to Cydia.

My themes : Jade HD, Silex HD, BaSalt HD,ToPaz
    All are on Cydia and/or Theme It.

18. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Dacal For This Useful Post:

ferlop15 (03-20-2013), King_O_Hill (03-20-2013), Smitbeat (03-20-2013)

20. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to RKO1195 For This Useful Post:

ferlop15 (03-20-2013), King_O_Hill (03-20-2013), Smitbeat (03-20-2013)

Quote Originally Posted by Mone View Post
    I don't know Icon Renamer, but this way is also permanent .. but simple to change back if you don't want it anymore.

Well howsover, always good to know how the things work .. so here the explanation ..

You go to your system applications in the app which you want to hide the label, then in your language.lproj .. there is the file 'InfoPlist.strings' .. you open it with an plist editor (but save the original first .. I put a '_' in front, so the original file is still in the folder for easy changing later)

There you see .. (that is for me with the german name for the icon) ..

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
    <!DOCTYPE plist PUBLIC "-//Apple//DTD PLIST 1.0//EN" "http://www.apple.com/DTDs/PropertyList-1.0.dtd">
    <plist version="1.0">
    <dict>
    <key>CFBundleDisplayName</key>
    <string>Rechner</string>
    <key>CFBundleName</key>
    <string>Rechner</string>
    <key>NSHumanReadableCopyright</key>
    <string> Apple, 2007</string>
    </dict>
    </plist>

Delete that display icon name and put in empty spaces, move the file back in the folder and respring.

That's it .. and when you want to go back, then simply delete the '_' from the original file.

I hope this helps
    Thanks, Mone. I was hoping for a nonpermanent solution. Icon Renamer from BigBoss does exactly what you've described there but in way less steps and not having to change code. I'll keep looking for other solutions. But THANKS!!!!

22. The Following User Says Thank You to NewdestinyX For This Useful Post:

Mone (03-20-2013)

Yes, as I said I know nothing about Icon Renamer, but that does not matter .. I like it anyway more to do the things with my hands, instead to use any tweaks for doing it for me .. so I know always what I have done

To earlier times there was the way with the 'LocalizedApplicationNames.strings' in spingboard folder, but nowadays this file does not exist anymore or it has changed the position/name. With that it was easy to do .. it's pitty that apple always change the things

24. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Mone For This Useful Post:

ferlop15 (03-20-2013), It's Mi (03-31-2013)

Could you not simply copy and paste the modified strings plst into the appropriate bundle in the winter board theme? That way it will only select when the theme is selected?

Quote Originally Posted by MamaJaay View Post
    Could you not simply copy and paste the modified strings plst into the appropriate bundle in the winter board theme? That way it will only select when the theme is selected?
    I only want icon names gone on page 1 icons. Using Mone's method or Icon renamer tweak affects icons even when No theme is chosen in WB. It's a global renaming. Now info.plists I don't think can be page specific nor icon by icon specific. And even if there were an info.plist solution - plists are broken In WB when SummerBoard is turned on.

Quote Originally Posted by NewdestinyX View Post
    I only want icon names gone on page 1 icons. Using Mone's method or Icon renamer tweak affects icons even when No theme is chosen in WB. It's a global renaming. Now info.plists I don't think can be page specific nor icon by icon specific. And even if there were an info.plist solution - plists are broken In WB when SummerBoard is turned on.
    I'm talking about putting the "strings" file inside the appropriate bundle inside the theme. Like if you have 5 icons on first page... Then 5strings files. Attachment 627175 like copying strings file in the modmyi system app folder, modifying it as mone described, then dropping in to Folders/Modmyi.app INSIDE the winter board theme you'd like it activated for. So in this case Ferlop's mod

Make sense, or am I speaking Greek?

My luv u still have the five flouting dock u can share plz?! Sorry I had it but have to restore and lost most of my stuff. Thanks
    Instagram: zplit
    Twitter: zplit

Quote Originally Posted by zplit View Post
    My luv u still have the five flouting dock u can share plz?! Sorry I had it but have to restore and lost most of my stuff. Thanks
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/az8bhv7lup...0dock5icon.zip Enjoy!!

30. The Following User Says Thank You to MamaJaay For This Useful Post:

zplit (03-20-2013)

Thank u so much
    Instagram: zplit
    Twitter: zplit

Quote Originally Posted by zplit View Post
    Thank u so much
    Anytime, my friend. If its been shared in the last year, I probably have it

33. The Following User Says Thank You to MamaJaay For This Useful Post:

zplit (03-20-2013)

Page 87 of 124 FirstFirst ... 37 778586878889 97 ... LastLast