+ Reply
Page 78 of 124 FirstFirst ... 28 687677787980 88 ... LastLast
Results 1,541 to 1,560 of 2465

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: ToPaz (by Dacal aka @DacalMe)

is a discussion within the

iPhone 4|4S New Skins / Themes Launches

forums, a part of the

New Skins / Themes Launches

section;
I run loads of animations and get thru a 24 hour period with about 10-12% left. Watch your brightness, Bluetooth off and set mail to Fetch 30 minutes instead of
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,019 Times in 4,527 Posts

I run loads of animations and get thru a 24 hour period with about 10-12% left. Watch your brightness, Bluetooth off and set mail to Fetch 30 minutes instead of Push. OH and buy a car charger, bro.
    Here to help if I can. If I can't I know someone who can!

Thanks
    Thanked 8,488 Times in 1,500 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by NewdestinyX View Post
    I run loads of animations and get thru a 24 hour period with about 10-12% left. Watch your brightness, Bluetooth off and set mail to Fetch 30 minutes instead of Push. OH and buy a car charger, bro.
    Agree. PS : battery is better since i upgrade to 6.1.1 on my 4S.

PS : i added iPhone 5 compatibility to ToPaz on Cydia. Missing some stuff (thx mama), but not a lot. I can do this quickly by the end of the week.
    Last edited by Dacal; 02-17-2013 at 11:40 PM.

My themes : Jade HD, Silex HD, BaSalt HD,ToPaz
    All are on Cydia and/or Theme It.

3. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Dacal For This Useful Post:

King_O_Hill (02-18-2013), RKO1195 (02-19-2013), Smitbeat (02-18-2013)

Thanks
    Thanked 16,758 Times in 4,021 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Dacal View Post

PS : i added iPhone 5 compatibility to ToPaz on Cydia. Missing some stuff (thx mama), but not a lot. I can do this quickly by the end of the week.

Thanks

You're awesome Dacal! Thanks! Now we just need to clear up the rain and snow animation jitteriness in your awesome animated weather. That's the last piece of this puzzle yet unsolved. :/

6. The Following User Says Thank You to NewdestinyX For This Useful Post:

Dacal (02-18-2013)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Can someone help me? I purchased this theme, and for some reason I'm having a strange problem. The text at the top is jumbled up. It tries to show two different things at one time, which makes both of them unreadable. I'm thinking there's something wrong with the code, but if it's working fine for everyone else, then I don't know what's wrong. I'm running iOS 6.0.1 on the iPhone 4. Here's a picture. http://oi45.tinypic.com/rh0o0i.jpg

Thanks
    Thanked 5,371 Times in 1,809 Posts

I'm not having any problem with rain in Dacals animation on 4s on 6.1.1 but don't get snow where I'm at so wouldn't know about it! lol

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by freexistence View Post
    Can someone help me? I purchased this theme, and for some reason I'm having a strange problem. The text at the top is jumbled up. It tries to show two different things at one time, which makes both of them unreadable. I'm thinking there's something wrong with the code, but if it's working fine for everyone else, then I don't know what's wrong. I'm running iOS 6.0.1 on the iPhone 4. Here's a picture. http://oi45.tinypic.com/rh0o0i.jpg
    Reboot your phone. Normaly, if you have this problem, the animation must return to normal after few minutes (the animation can have this issue at the first loading, but after, all timers are reseted and it must work correctly).

Quote Originally Posted by RKO1195 View Post
    I'm not having any problem with rain in Dacals animation on 4s on 6.1.1 but don't get snow where I'm at so wouldn't know about it! lol
    I must have a look for snow. In Tunisia, not a lot of snow too....

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I rebooted a few times. That kinda helped. Most of the time the animations are showing up properly. But about 1/4 of the time they are still layering.

Theme Modder
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,474 Times in 1,054 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by RKO1195 View Post
    Sometimes, when I test for snow, I google weather radar map and find a city on the map where there's snow....put that city in Yahoo weather to get the URL weather code, I turn off GPS, then input that code in config.js file....P.S. snow does lag, but I change clouds to 10, and snow flakes to 20

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ferlop15 View Post
    Sometimes, when I test for snow, I google weather radar map and find a city on the map where there's snow....put that city in Yahoo weather to get the URL weather code, I turn off GPS, then input that code in config.js file....P.S. snow does lag, but I change clouds to 10, and snow flakes to 20
    10 and 20 - what?? In what file specifically?

Theme Modder
    Thanks

Number of clouds=10 number of drop=16 in JavaScript folder, weather, snow.js

Thanks

Number of clouds=10 number of drop=16 in JavaScript folder, weather, snow.js
    This actually cleared up jitteriness? Or just sped it up so the jitteriness looked faster? And you're referring to Dacal's Weather animations - right?

Theme Modder
    Thanks

This actually cleared up jitteriness? Or just sped it up so the jitteriness looked faster? And you're referring to Dacal's Weather animations - right?
    yes, dacals aniw lockscreen....it went from lagging to a more smooth weather flow...reducing the number of animated images improves performance....rain is fine, but snow was really slow.....you can play around with the number of clouds also in the heavy animations, like cloudy, mostly cloudy, rain and thunderstorm, snow, sleet conditions( all in Javascript weather folder)
    Last edited by ferlop15; 02-19-2013 at 08:58 PM.

Thanks

yes, dacals aniw lockscreen....it went from lagging to a more smooth weather flow...reducing the number of animated images improves performance....rain is fine, but snow was really slow.....you can play around with the number of clouds also in the heavy animations, like cloudy, mostly cloudy, rain and thunderstorm, snow, sleet conditions( all in Javascript weather folder)
    Hmm. That didn't solve it for me. Still jittery - just slower now. They used to be smooth as silk before 6.1. We still haven't solved problem yet. Thanks for the try though. !

Theme Modder
    Thanks

Hmm. That didn't solve it for me. Still jittery - just slower now. They used to be smooth as silk before 6.1. We still haven't solved problem yet. Thanks for the try though. !
    Ok....I just thought with the added RAM and processor on iP5 we wouldn't see any issues at all running widgets and animations....it's only running slightly better than my iP4....I guess iPhone 5 is not that much better on that front.....But I still love Dacal's lockscreen!! with thx to Subywrex and Ian Nicholl, and GPS frontman Crazyvivek

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by freexistence View Post
    I rebooted a few times. That kinda helped. Most of the time the animations are showing up properly. But about 1/4 of the time they are still layering.
    I'm not sure why but it seems to be working properly now. Thanks for all the help.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Wow, this is one of the best or probably the best theme I hv come across. It's breathtaking.

20. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to iDuffy For This Useful Post:

Destan (02-24-2013), RKO1195 (03-02-2013), Smitbeat (02-23-2013)

Thanks
    Thanked 19,219 Times in 3,920 Posts

Hello Dacal,

You have probably found this out already but "NewdestinyX" was asking about it in the iWidgets thread and asked if I could post it here too, I sorry I have been absent and didn't know until yesterday that some people were having some "jittery" problems.

Anyway here is a copy of the post from the iWidgets thread, just ignore it if you've already got it fixed.

[QUOTE=NewdestinyX;
    On my 4S rain has very notable jitter now. Smooth as silk on 5.1.1 - all phones.[/QUOTE]

Back up the original script files, then look for all script files that have rain or snow and delete the lines of code that refer to spin & flip, I removed these yonks ago from the UniAW to speed things up, nobody noticed any difference as it's such a subtle effect but it runs a lot smoother without it, if I remember correctly I think Dacal's cloud animations also have this spin & flip code, I also got rid of it on the clouds for the UniAW a very long time ago when people were having trouble running it on iPhone 3G/3GS devices.

You can temporarily disable these lines of code by adding // at the beginning of the line in the .js files.

I just found some older version of the UniAW so you can see what I removed from the code, below is an example for the rain so you get some idea.

OLD VERSION
    Code:
    function createAdrop() {
        var dropDiv = document.createElement("div");
        var image = document.createElement("img");
        image.src = "rain/Private/images/drop" + randomInteger(1, NUMBER_OF_IMAGES) + ".png";
        dropDiv.style.top = pixelValue(randomInteger(-15, -50));
        dropDiv.style.left = pixelValue(randomInteger(0, 320));
        var spinAnimationName = (Math.random() < 0.5) ? "clockwiseSpin" : "counterclockwiseSpinAndFlip";
        dropDiv.style.webkitAnimationName = "drop";
        image.style.webkitAnimationName = spinAnimationName;
        var fadeAndDropDuration = durationValue(randomFloat(1, 3));
        var spinDuration = durationValue(randomFloat(1,3));
        dropDiv.style.webkitAnimationDuration = fadeAndDropDuration + ", " + fadeAndDropDuration;
        image.style.webkitAnimationDuration = spinDuration;
        dropDiv.appendChild(image);
        return dropDiv;
    NEW VERSION
    Code:
    function createAdrop() {
        image.src = "Images/Weather/rain/drop" + randomInteger(1, NUMBER_OF_DROP_IMAGES) + ".png";
        dropDiv.style.top = pixelValue(randomInteger(-100, 50));
        dropDiv.style.left = pixelValue(randomInteger(10, 310));
        dropDiv.style.webkitAnimationName = "fade2, drop";
        var fadeAndDropDuration = durationValue(randomFloat(2, 4));
        dropDiv.style.webkitAnimationDuration = fadeAndDropDuration + ", " + fadeAndDropDuration;
        return dropDiv;

"If it's not broken, I'll fix it till it is"

22. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Ian Nicoll For This Useful Post:

Dacal (02-25-2013), Destan (02-25-2013), ferlop15 (02-25-2013), King_O_Hill (02-25-2013)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Ian Nicoll View Post
    Hello Dacal,

You have probably found this out already but "NewdestinyX" was asking about it in the iWidgets thread and asked if I could post it here too, I sorry I have been absent and didn't know until yesterday that some people were having some "jittery" problems.

Anyway here is a copy of the post from the iWidgets thread, just ignore it if you've already got it fixed.

Back up the original script files, then look for all script files that have rain or snow and delete the lines of code that refer to spin & flip, I removed these yonks ago from the UniAW to speed things up, nobody noticed any difference as it's such a subtle effect but it runs a lot smoother without it, if I remember correctly I think Dacal's cloud animations also have this spin & flip code, I also got rid of it on the clouds for the UniAW a very long time ago when people were having trouble running it on iPhone 3G/3GS devices.

You can temporarily disable these lines of code by adding // at the beginning of the line in the .js files.

I just found some older version of the UniAW so you can see what I removed from the code, below is an example for the rain so you get some idea.

OLD VERSION
    Code:
    function createAdrop() {
        image.src = "rain/Private/images/drop" + randomInteger(1, NUMBER_OF_IMAGES) + ".png";
        dropDiv.style.top = pixelValue(randomInteger(-15, -50));
        dropDiv.style.left = pixelValue(randomInteger(0, 320));
        var spinAnimationName = (Math.random() < 0.5) ? "clockwiseSpin" : "counterclockwiseSpinAndFlip";
        dropDiv.style.webkitAnimationName = "drop";
        image.style.webkitAnimationName = spinAnimationName;
        var fadeAndDropDuration = durationValue(randomFloat(1, 3));
        var spinDuration = durationValue(randomFloat(1,3));
        image.style.webkitAnimationDuration = spinDuration;
        return dropDiv;
    NEW VERSION
    Code:
    function createAdrop() {
        image.src = "Images/Weather/rain/drop" + randomInteger(1, NUMBER_OF_DROP_IMAGES) + ".png";
        dropDiv.style.top = pixelValue(randomInteger(-100, 50));
        dropDiv.style.left = pixelValue(randomInteger(10, 310));
        dropDiv.style.webkitAnimationName = "fade2, drop";
        var fadeAndDropDuration = durationValue(randomFloat(2, 4));
        return dropDiv;
    Thx Ian. Exactly what i thinked to do... Very frustrating to have jittering on iOS 6.

24. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Dacal For This Useful Post:

ferlop15 (02-25-2013), Ian Nicoll (02-25-2013), King_O_Hill (02-25-2013), Smitbeat (02-25-2013)

Theme Modder
    Thanks

Thx Ian. Exactly what i thinked to do... Very frustrating to have jittering on iOS 6.
    I'm very very happy that its being looked at by such talented coders, thanx Dacal, and its an honor to hear from Ian Nicholl on this issue

26. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ferlop15 For This Useful Post:

Dacal (02-25-2013), Ian Nicoll (02-25-2013)