+ Reply
Page 66 of 124 FirstFirst ... 16 566465666768 76 116 ... LastLast
Results 1,301 to 1,320 of 2465

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.


Thread: ToPaz (by Dacal aka @DacalMe)

is a discussion within the

iPhone 4|4S New Skins / Themes Launches

forums, a part of the

New Skins / Themes Launches

section;
We haven't a clue who's working on what they seem to be staying quiet this time if they are. Can't blame as all the eta requests would send me over
...
  1. #1301
    Mudder GUNNY29's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    5,432
    Thanks
    4,571
    Thanked 15,590 Times in 4,087 Posts

    We haven't a clue who's working on what they seem to be staying quiet this time if they are. Can't blame as all the eta requests would send me over the edge if it was me lol
    Click My Sig For my auros Mods

  2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to GUNNY29 For This Useful Post:

    King_O_Hill (12-28-2012), metaserph (12-28-2012)

  3. #1302
    ----NewD 2.0---- NewdestinyX's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    9,828
    Thanks
    4,197
    Thanked 8,990 Times in 4,510 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by GUNNY29 View Post
    Comex untethered 4.3.3 via jailbreakme.com


    Not released by either dev team.


    We have had this conversation before.

    You post such definite statements that are incorrect I feel the need to comment so others don't get the wrong info aswell

    The reason pod2g's exploits were given to the teams is simply because they are known to the community.
    I hear you, Gunny. But you speak in generalities, too.. -- and I just don't want people to be given false hope for something that's not gonna happen. Most of us went right from 4.2.8 to 5.0 on our new 4Ses. 4.3 was a simple maintenance update and Comex's find of the JB for 4.3 happened within a 'few days' and was released in very short order. It can't be compared to the huge work of the original 4 JB or the 5.1 JB which took months and months. The facts are these JB's are taking longer and longer and need a team to get them out to us. Pod2 is no fool. He'd love the glory for all himself but knows his limitations. He's not handing it over to the large teams to be benevolent to the community. It's because he needs the help getting it to distributable. Pod2 is AMAZING. All props - as are the other guys. But finding an exploit today is not what it was when Geohot did his. It's just WAY more complex. The proof is right in front of our noses. We have no JB yet after months. Why not? Easy answer: Harder to break.

    I just want people to have a 'realistic outlook' as to the future of jailbreaking - that's why I go with 'broader statements'. Yes - we've had some amazing dev "lone rangers" do some amazing things for us. A couple sold out to Apple for financial benefits. I personally believe jailbreaking is going to meet its doom - unless the COMMUNITY 'hires' devs for a salary.
    Last edited by NewdestinyX; 12-28-2012 at 10:08 AM.

  4. The Following User Says Thank You to NewdestinyX For This Useful Post:

    metaserph (12-28-2012)

  5. #1303
    Mudder GUNNY29's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    5,432
    Thanks
    4,571
    Thanked 15,590 Times in 4,087 Posts

    I speak the truth simply that we never know who or when a jb will be released.

    I think you will find the majority of people used jailbreakme.com for 4.3.3. Also that was the first jb for ipad2. The numbers are on the net for the usage of jailbreakme.com

    Your post are as I said always do definite as if you know, which through this conversation we know your not always correct.

    You have changed the boundaries of your point more than once when I have proved your comment untrue

    Also the first ios5 jb was all pod2g apart from releasing. It was the latest one that everybody was needed to contribute too.
    Last edited by GUNNY29; 12-28-2012 at 10:22 AM.
    Click My Sig For my auros Mods

  6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to GUNNY29 For This Useful Post:

    King_O_Hill (12-28-2012), metaserph (12-28-2012), The.Drifter (12-31-2012)

  7. #1304
    Theme Creator ZFrost's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    New Jersey
    Posts
    874
    Thanks
    1,156
    Thanked 1,391 Times in 537 Posts

    Beautiful Theme Decal. I keep meaning to pop in but I finally got the chance today.

  8. The Following User Says Thank You to ZFrost For This Useful Post:

    metaserph (12-28-2012)

  9. #1305
    ----NewD 2.0---- NewdestinyX's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    9,828
    Thanks
    4,197
    Thanked 8,990 Times in 4,510 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by GUNNY29 View Post
    I speak the truth simply that we never know who or when a jb will be released.

    I think you will find the majority of people used jailbreakme.com for 4.3.3. Also that was the first jb for ipad2. The numbers are on the net for the usage of jailbreakme.com

    Your post are as I said always do definite as if you know, which through this conversation we know your not always correct.

    You have changed the boundaries of your point more than once when I have proved your comment untrue

    Also the first ios5 jb was all pod2g apart from releasing. It was the latest one that everybody was needed to contribute too.
    I always like to be corrected on the details of data, Gunny. I have a high standard for accuracy. You are nitpicking this issue - but good. I do the same - to a fault.

    But on this issue you're "missing the forest for the trees". That's why I keep speaking into it. You well know 'finding' a jailbreak exploit/doing it on your own phone - and - releasing it are two very separate issues. The devs (teams or lone rangers) always show us it on THEIR phone first. From that point to full release takes a very long time - even more so of late. Comex's find and release of 4.3.3 all happened in a very short timeframe - nowhere near the complexity of 5.1.1 and 6. Not even in the same league. And we can agree to disagree on how many of us went straight from 4.2.8 to 5 and how many went from 4.3.3 to 5. Suffice it to say, with all due respect to Comex, 4.3.3 was a child's game in comparison to the original 4, 4.2.8 and 5.1.1 and now to 6..

    In all these discussion about 'the next JB' - I would be EVER SO HAPPY to be proven wrong.. except that this time - even if one is found for 6 in the next couple of weeks -- my point will still stand: that it's taking longer and longer to find them - and Jailbreaking's days are numbered. The game changer wasn't only 'harder and harder' and more lines of code. But Apple's best 'counter move' ever - was to 'hire' a couple of our hackers. That was the game changer. They taught Apple what to look for and be careful of. That was the beginning of the end of jailbreaking. Apple - 1, Jailbreak community - 0.
    Last edited by NewdestinyX; 12-28-2012 at 10:36 AM.

  10. #1306
    Mudder GUNNY29's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    5,432
    Thanks
    4,571
    Thanked 15,590 Times in 4,087 Posts

    Again you have gone off point I was simply correcting you on the history that you know very well.

    You say Comex jailbreak was chilldsplay yet he was the only jailbreaker hired by apple that says alot to me.

    Yes there is no jailbreak yet maybe because its harder maybe because the devs just haven't the time or motivation to work on it like they would of before.
    Click My Sig For my auros Mods

  11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to GUNNY29 For This Useful Post:

    King_O_Hill (12-28-2012), NewdestinyX (12-28-2012)

  12. #1307
    ----NewD 2.0---- NewdestinyX's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    9,828
    Thanks
    4,197
    Thanked 8,990 Times in 4,510 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by GUNNY29 View Post
    Again you have gone off point I was simply correcting you on the history that you know very well.

    You say Comex jailbreak was chilldsplay yet he was the only jailbreaker hired by apple that says alot to me.

    Yes there is no jailbreak yet maybe because its harder maybe because the devs just haven't the time or motivation to work on it like they would of before.
    Fair enough on that conjecture. Oy - I sure hope you're right.....

    But Gunny - there are always 'larger issues' and 'smaller issues'. If I don't 'stay on point' it's because the 'central issue' is getting clouded. Comex's JB of 4.3.3 was the 'fluke' in recent history - and not the norm. Your correction of the history seemed to be part of a larger narrative making the case as to why we should still be on the edge of our seats waiting for a lone ranger to help us this time. Not gonna happen, bro. You and I both know it.

    But thanks for the clean up of my 'historical memory' .
    Last edited by NewdestinyX; 12-28-2012 at 10:49 AM.

  13. The Following User Says Thank You to NewdestinyX For This Useful Post:

    metaserph (12-28-2012)

  14. #1308
    Mudder GUNNY29's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    5,432
    Thanks
    4,571
    Thanked 15,590 Times in 4,087 Posts

    I think anyone can do it. We have no idea who's working on what no offence to the current devs but and I'm sure they will agree there is always someone who knows more. Just because they haven't been around before. Comex wasn't either and he has had a couple of jailbreaks.

    You can't say Comex exploit was a fluke but in your previous comment say apple 1 jailbreakers 0 because they hired him lol
    Click My Sig For my auros Mods

  15. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to GUNNY29 For This Useful Post:

    King_O_Hill (12-28-2012), metaserph (12-28-2012), TEK_2012 (12-28-2012), The.Drifter (12-31-2012)

  16. #1309
    "The Truth" metaserph's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Houston, Texas U.S.A.
    Posts
    4,680
    Thanks
    12,492
    Thanked 9,122 Times in 2,709 Posts

    On topic now, Gunny are you working on some secret widget or mod? I enjoy your work bro.
    @Metaserph
    "You can only attain Peace through spreading Love to create Unity and earn the Respect of others" - Complex Simplicity

  17. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to metaserph For This Useful Post:

    GUNNY29 (12-28-2012), King_O_Hill (12-28-2012), RKO1195 (12-28-2012), TEK_2012 (12-28-2012)

  18. #1310
    Mudder GUNNY29's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    5,432
    Thanks
    4,571
    Thanked 15,590 Times in 4,087 Posts

    Lol. No I'm not working on anything, very rarely does a theme come with widgets that I personally enjoy using and looking at. Dacals widget work on this theme is perfect imo.

    Messing with iPad stuff mainly now aswell


    Thank you for the compliments 👊👍


    Quote Originally Posted by metaserph View Post
    On topic now, Gunny are you working on some secret widget or mod? I enjoy your work bro.
    Click My Sig For my auros Mods

  19. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to GUNNY29 For This Useful Post:

    King_O_Hill (12-28-2012), metaserph (12-28-2012)

  20. #1311
    ----NewD 2.0---- NewdestinyX's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    9,828
    Thanks
    4,197
    Thanked 8,990 Times in 4,510 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by GUNNY29 View Post
    I think anyone can do it.
    I hope you're right! I just doubt you are... :/

    You can't say Comex exploit was a fluke but in your previous comment say apple 1 jailbreakers 0 because they hired him lol
    He SOLD OUT.. and has hurt us all. But I understand why he did. 4.3.3 was a very easy jailbreak in comparison as I said. That's why it came out in only a couple of days. Comex was just the first. Any of the dev teams could have found it if they were interested. By the entrance of 4.3.3 - the 5.0 beta was out and the dev teams were already working on JB for 5. That's the only reason the dev teams didn't get there before Comex on 4.3.3.

    Good discussion. Thanks for your perspective, Gunny - even though we don't see eye to eye on the implications moving forward. But I'm with the rest of us hoping for a miracle. If there was something 'near ready' we would be hearing about it a LOT. The Devs (even Lone Rangers) are NOT secretive AT ALL. They're 'rock stars' in their own eyes and LOVE to build anticipation. They wouldn't suddenly decide to be 'reclusive' and 'quiet' at this point. If they were close - we'd know... for sure. On that aspect they've been 100% consistent. LOL!
    Last edited by NewdestinyX; 12-28-2012 at 02:06 PM.

  21. #1312
    Mudder GUNNY29's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    5,432
    Thanks
    4,571
    Thanked 15,590 Times in 4,087 Posts

    Saying he SOLD OUT is very childish imo dude got an offer no one would refuse. People seem to forget jailbreaking is a product of security research alot of times

    Again it was pod2g (on his own) who done the first ios5 jailbreak him and him only that one was literally just given to the teams for public release GUI and what not.
    Click My Sig For my auros Mods

  22. The Following User Says Thank You to GUNNY29 For This Useful Post:

    King_O_Hill (12-28-2012)

  23. #1313
    ----NewD 2.0---- NewdestinyX's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    9,828
    Thanks
    4,197
    Thanked 8,990 Times in 4,510 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by GUNNY29 View Post
    Again it was pod2g (on his own) who done the first ios5 jailbreak him and him only that one was literally just given to the teams for public release GUI and what not.
    Pod is a member of the Dev teams, Gunny. And it took him a LONG time with 5. Longest ever. And again - getting it on 'one phone' is one thing - but getting it to the public is an even HUGER step. Again - not accomplish-able anymore, in my view, by 'lone rangers'. Pod2 needed help to get it to the public.

  24. #1314
    Mudder GUNNY29's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    5,432
    Thanks
    4,571
    Thanked 15,590 Times in 4,087 Posts

    No he WAS a member of a team but wasn't when HE jb ios5. Releasing is easy its a just a case putting together a GUI. You keep bringing that up but that's all it is really. The hard bit was pod2g on his own finding and utilising te exploit.
    Last edited by GUNNY29; 12-28-2012 at 02:36 PM.
    Click My Sig For my auros Mods

  25. The Following User Says Thank You to GUNNY29 For This Useful Post:

    King_O_Hill (12-28-2012)

  26. #1315
    ----NewD 2.0---- NewdestinyX's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    9,828
    Thanks
    4,197
    Thanked 8,990 Times in 4,510 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by GUNNY29 View Post
    No he was a member of a team but wasn't when HE jb ios5. Releasing is easy its a just a case putting together a GUI you keep bringing that up but that's all it is really. The hard bit was pod2g on his own
    Agree to disagree, bro.
    Here to help if I can. If I can't I know someone who can!

  27. #1316
    Mudder GUNNY29's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    5,432
    Thanks
    4,571
    Thanked 15,590 Times in 4,087 Posts

    I'm not really bothered tbh I've been around and read enough directly from the devs to know I'm speaking truth.

    Again I'm only replying because your posts are so definite they don't read as an opinion.

    But for the sake of this thread I'm done
    Click My Sig For my auros Mods

  28. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to GUNNY29 For This Useful Post:

    King_O_Hill (12-28-2012), metaserph (12-28-2012)

  29. #1317
    ----NewD 2.0---- NewdestinyX's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    9,828
    Thanks
    4,197
    Thanked 8,990 Times in 4,510 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by GUNNY29 View Post
    I'm not really bothered tbh I've been around and read enough directly from the devs to know I'm speaking truth.

    Again I'm only replying because your posts are so definite they don't read as an opinion.

    But for the sake of this thread I'm done
    We've just come to different conclusions about the facts, Gunny. I've read as much as you have. If the trip from exploit to public release were so easy it wouldn't take so long. But I agree - let's move on and be hoping someone will emerge with a JB soon. But in my 'educated opinion' it won't be a 'single person' this time. Recent history is how my opinion is informed.

  30. The Following User Says Thank You to NewdestinyX For This Useful Post:

    c4mex (12-28-2012)

  31. #1318
    Mudder GUNNY29's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    5,432
    Thanks
    4,571
    Thanked 15,590 Times in 4,087 Posts

    It's not that easy to find an exploit obviously hence why there hasn't been any news on a jb or any dev say I've got one just stuff to work out. Hahaha

    Also the assumption you make are outstanding
    Click My Sig For my auros Mods

  32. #1319
    King Kong ain't got nothing on me! King_O_Hill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    9,305
    Thanks
    41,291
    Thanked 17,425 Times in 6,366 Posts

    We know how your (NewD) opinion is formed. Can't you let other people firm their own opinion without you telling them that they are wrong. Jeez, I've never seen anyone try and inflict their opinion on everyone since Hitler was in power.

    Just let peeps believe and have hope however they want. I'm done, no need to reply. I'm not going to respond further on this ludicrous bickering about stuff that none of us can predict.
    Widget-Weather App Now Available! Also with MyLocation Support!
    Check out the thread here - Widget-Weather
    To install the Widget-Weather app, just go to Cydia and install. This will also remove MyLocation, as it is built in!
    Want to protect your JailBreak! Add this repo http://cydia.myrepospace.com/iLEXiNFO/ & Install "iLEX R.A.T."
    It will allow you to bring your phone back to a fresh jailbroken state!

  33. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to King_O_Hill For This Useful Post:

    c4mex (12-28-2012), cukhiem (12-28-2012), GUNNY29 (12-28-2012), The.Drifter (12-28-2012), Wildfowler (01-06-2013)

  34. #1320
    Master in Mods angeldiaz1983's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Iztapalapa, Mexico
    Posts
    887
    Thanks
    2,697
    Thanked 2,431 Times in 623 Posts


    Credit: all creators

  35. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to angeldiaz1983 For This Useful Post:

    chevymusclecar (12-28-2012), cukhiem (12-29-2012), Karoonchai (12-28-2012), MagikDomi (01-31-2013), metaserph (12-28-2012), The_Durben (12-28-2012)

Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts