Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iSUBTLE [WIP] little help!

Thanks
    Thanked 2,537 Times in 767 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ellersbee View Post
    I tried twice saying this was not my creation but I guess if you dont use the term "Ported" you are seen as a thief/plagiarist. It also doesnt help that Im not to liked on here anymore
    Did u get permission off the person that made the icons b4 porting them? Otherwise that is nickin them as the guy didn't even no u using his work as ur own. If not have u asked 4 permission

Also until a few ppl mentioned it I didn't even c where u said this is some1 else's work

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to high dB For This Useful Post:

Raaj FX (10-18-2012), Schnedi (10-17-2012), Yugo (10-17-2012)

Quote Originally Posted by high dB View Post
    Did u get permission off the person that made the icons b4 porting them? Otherwise that is nickin them as the guy didn't even no u using his work as ur own. If not have u asked 4 permission

Also until a few ppl mentioned it I didn't even c where u said this is some1 else's work
    NOPE! Yet the sheep still follow him.

4. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Pinoy For This Useful Post:

metaserph (10-17-2012), Raaj FX (10-18-2012), Schnedi (10-17-2012), Yugo (10-17-2012)

Quote Originally Posted by Pinoy View Post
    Sheep? Really? We just want a theme.

Thanks

Seriously guys get out of this thread if all your going to do is bash. Let ellersbe handle this and bug him after he's done with the theme.

I try to think of myself more of a follower than a sheep...

My iPhone is a Part of Me IAmThatK00LAID's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by mmaboi21 View Post
    Seriously guys get out of this thread if all your going to do is bash. Let ellersbe handle this and bug him after he's done with the theme.

I try to think of myself more of a follower than a sheep...
    Well he's copying somebody elses

Well
    ┏━━┓╋╋╋╋┏━━━━┳┓╋╋╋╋┏┓┏┓┏━┳━━━┳━━━┳┓╋╋┏━━━┳━━┳ ━━━┓
    ┗┫┣┛╋╋╋╋┃┏┓┏┓┃┃╋╋╋┏┛┗┫┃┃┏┫┏━┓┃┏━┓┃┃╋╋┃┏━┓┣┫┣┻ ┓┏┓┃
    ╋┃┃┏━━┳┓┣┫┃┃┗┫┗━┳━┻┓┏┫┗┛┛┃┃┃┃┃┃┃┃┃┃╋╋┃┃╋┃┃┃┃╋ ┃┃┃┃
    ╋┃┃┃┏┓┃┗┛┃┃┃╋┃┏┓┃┏┓┃┃┃┏┓┃┃┃┃┃┃┃┃┃┃┃╋┏┫┗━┛┃┃┃╋ ┃┃┃┃
    ┏┫┣┫┏┓┃┃┃┃┃┃╋┃┃┃┃┏┓┃┗┫┃┃┗┫┗━┛┃┗━┛┃┗━┛┃┏━┓┣┫┣┳ ┛┗┛┃
    ┗━━┻┛┗┻┻┻┛┗┛╋┗┛┗┻┛┗┻━┻┛┗━┻━━━┻━━━┻━━━┻┛╋┗┻━━┻ ━━━┛

I'll elaborate one time then unfollow this nonsense. Firstly my opinion isn't an attack on Ellersbee. I'd feel the same regardless. Wanting a theme is cool I get it. And if I'm honest the style is nice. It's all relative to how it's handled. Here's an example. Jimmy who we all know and respect has had several of his themes ported to droid platform without consent. How does he feel about that? He's pist. This is the same just reversed. And it also includes another members (hurst) icon PSD. No consent was given and it wasn't clarified until he was called on it. So basically this is a stolen theme. Knowing that and ignoring it makes you a sheep.

9. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Pinoy For This Useful Post:

.:JimmyL:. (10-19-2012), nateD (10-18-2012), nicoand (10-17-2012)

Recovering Theme Addict having a relapse jayjOka's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,980 Times in 652 Posts

I have seen several people in many threads defending the shiz out of certain theme icons such as Jaku for copyright. If there was one of those icons here it would be a different story, it really shouldn't be... Same principle should apply. But since it looks good and everyone wants it their values change.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to jayjOka For This Useful Post:

nateD (10-18-2012)

"The Chuck Bass of Theming" k.nitsua's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 19,214 Times in 2,596 Posts

I'll elaborate one time then unfollow this nonsense. Firstly my opinion isn't an attack on Ellersbee. I'd feel the same regardless. Wanting a theme is cool I get it. And if I'm honest the style is nice. It's all relative to how it's handled. Here's an example. Jimmy who we all know and respect has had several of his themes ported to droid platform without consent. How does he feel about that? He's pist. This is the same just reversed. And it also includes another members (hurst) icon PSD. No consent was given and it wasn't clarified until he was called on it. So basically this is a stolen theme. Knowing that and ignoring it makes you a sheep.
    Good to know I'm not the only one who has had their themes ported to Android without their permission >_<!
    #eli7e revived me

13. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to k.nitsua For This Useful Post:

.:JimmyL:. (10-19-2012), ellersbee (10-17-2012), nateD (10-18-2012), nicoand (10-17-2012)

The 4th post on 1st page details the theme. I get Jimmys themes got crossed over but his are paid. This theme on MIUI is free. I mentioned "2" of my favorite themes but was not sure what direction I wanted to go in at the time. Some of these icons are not original "Pseudo Zen" theme but my creation. Ive tried numerous times to clear things up and it keeps blowing back into my face. For the last 5 months I have been laughed at and been called numerous things and tried to just keep smiling....I am really frustrated that it has gone this far. Its just a graphic on a phone....nothing more. It makes me wish I wouldnt have started honestly. It is a beautiful theme and just figured us iOS guys would want it. Im highly contemplating just quitting this all together. I just want to state again that some of it is my work; not all of it is a complete port. I apologize again if I roughed anyones feathers

Thanks

The way some people are making it out to be its probably not worth it...

Well your opinion definitely came off as an attack... And I doubt I was the only one who felt that way. But carry on, no need to bother you with this nonsense.

My iPhone is a Part of Me IAmThatK00LAID's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by mmaboi21 View Post
    The way some people are making it out to be its probably not worth it...

Well your opinion definitely came off as an attack... And I doubt I was the only one who felt that way. But carry on, no need to bother you with this nonsense.
    Look he should email the creator(contact) him. He should ask permeation to use it. Thats all im saying
    ┏━━┓╋╋╋╋┏━━━━┳┓╋╋╋╋┏┓┏┓┏━┳━━━┳━━━┳┓╋╋┏━━━┳━━┳ ━━━┓
    ┗┫┣┛╋╋╋╋┃┏┓┏┓┃┃╋╋╋┏┛┗┫┃┃┏┫┏━┓┃┏━┓┃┃╋╋┃┏━┓┣┫┣┻ ┓┏┓┃
    ╋┃┃┏━━┳┓┣┫┃┃┗┫┗━┳━┻┓┏┫┗┛┛┃┃┃┃┃┃┃┃┃┃╋╋┃┃╋┃┃┃┃╋ ┃┃┃┃
    ╋┃┃┃┏┓┃┗┛┃┃┃╋┃┏┓┃┏┓┃┃┃┏┓┃┃┃┃┃┃┃┃┃┃┃╋┏┫┗━┛┃┃┃╋ ┃┃┃┃
    ┏┫┣┫┏┓┃┃┃┃┃┃╋┃┃┃┃┏┓┃┗┫┃┃┗┫┗━┛┃┗━┛┃┗━┛┃┏━┓┣┫┣┳ ┛┗┛┃
    ┗━━┻┛┗┻┻┻┛┗┛╋┗┛┗┻┛┗┻━┻┛┗━┻━━━┻━━━┻━━━┻┛╋┗┻━━┻ ━━━┛

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by IAmThatK00LAID View Post
    Look he should email the creator(contact) him. He should ask permeation to use it. Thats all im saying
    I have to agree with this. Even when I made "Inspired OS" which is ROUGHLY based off of a concept developed by Barton Smith for Microsoft's new OS (before they unveiled Windows Phone 7), I emailed him alerting him of this and if he felt that he didn't want me to continue then he should email me back stating so. Never got an email from him, went ahead with the theme (again, ROUGHLY based off of his concept, but I wanted to give credit to my inspiration where it was due).

A few months later (and a IMMENSELY positive response on the theme), Barton Smith emailed me back stating he loved what I did with the concept and wanted to know what the feedback was like in order to tweak his own concept. It was a pretty cool thing to speak with such a creative guy who was definitely thinking outside of the box when he created the Locus OS concept.

In the end, at least emailing them alerting of your port would show that we are much better than the Android community, who has a string of recently ripping us off.
    #eli7e revived me

18. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to k.nitsua For This Useful Post:

.:JimmyL:. (10-19-2012), nateD (10-18-2012)

I understand that Austin...I have tried with no luck unfortunately. This is getting out of hand and I have currently PM a Moderator to shut this down. I have done all the correct steps on trying to get a hold of the guy but no response. I refuse to get flamed over it any longer when its out of my control

Oh well. Was really looking forward to release. But i guess that's the right thing to do.

21. The Following User Says Thank You to Anonymous For This Useful Post:

ellersbee (10-17-2012)

Sorry....I tried reaching out to the guy several times over 2 weeks with no response. If I wasnt getting harassed so much I would finish.
    The community has spoken. Thanks to those who have stood up for me...It means a ton

Sorry....I tried reaching out to the guy several times over 2 weeks with no response. If I wasnt getting harassed so much I would finish.
    The community has spoken. Thanks to those who have stood up for me...It means a ton
    Well, I visited his dribbble a while back, and I think he is Chinese, so there might be a language barrier. But oh well. Will look forward to any other stuff you plan on releasing

Thanks

I didn't wait for a response. I sent the guy an email and stated if he had a problem with me using his concept I would like a REPLY stating so. No response was considered a green light. And at least the email is a courtesy unlike the courtesy some of us themers received from those in the Android community. Plus the MIUI is CHINESE based and makes it difficult to get a response. I would alert MIUI US and then move on and continue the port - leaving them the same "respond if you do not agree" clause. That's all you can do, really. MIUI is a free rom and you are porting this into a free theme - so profiting from someone else's work is not an issue here.

IF you do continue this, I wouldn't call it iSUBTLE but something more along the lines of the original - but still put your touch in the custom icons.
    #eli7e revived me

25. The Following User Says Thank You to k.nitsua For This Useful Post:

Anonymous (10-17-2012)

Thanks
    Thanked 10,193 Times in 6,207 Posts

OP requested this thread closed/

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345