+ Reply
Page 133 of 140 FirstFirst ... 33 83 123131132133134135 ... LastLast
Results 2,641 to 2,660 of 2797

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: [PREVIEW] Neo:Style

is a discussion within the

iPhone 4|4S New Skins / Themes Launches

forums, a part of the

New Skins / Themes Launches

section;
Originally Posted by DA_GHOST Tell that to the kids who dont even have money to begin with.. So you're saying that stealing is okay if you don't have money? Surely
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,828 Times in 4,433 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by DA_GHOST View Post
    Tell that to the kids who dont even have money to begin with..
    So you're saying that stealing is okay if you don't have money? Surely you're not saying that, DA.. are you?
    And either way doesnt matter if its 1$ or 50c were paying for this theme..were still PURCHASING it.
    Yes, and you can be patient. You're practically getting something for free. Maybe when you 'grow up' and have a 'real job' you'll understand how stupid this whole line of complaining is. Jes' sayin...
    Last edited by NewdestinyX; 01-22-2013 at 06:50 PM.

iPhone? More like MyPhone ferris419's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by NewdestinyX View Post
    So you're saying that stealing is okay if you don't have money? Surely you're not saying that, DA.. are you?
    Yes, and you can be patient. You're practically getting something for free. Maybe when you 'grow up' and have a 'real job' you'll understand how stupid this whole line of complaining is. Jes' sayin...
    I have a real job and work hard for my living and I don't care if it's a dollar or a hundred dollars I don't just give my money away which it feels like were doing here with this theme And he wasn't saying its ok to steal he was saying that the kids who don't have much money don't want to waste the couple dollars they do have on a so called beta that never gets completed or takes an eternity to be completed. The more themers who do this are just gonna make more people to go to pirate repos ! I used pirate repos before I stumbled upon this forum then once I did and seen all the hard work that goes into these themes I decide paying for them is the right way to go about it but the more I see this happen the more I think I may be wrong.

3. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ferris419 For This Useful Post:

DA_GHOST (01-23-2013), GUNNY29 (01-23-2013), nateD (01-26-2013)

King Kong ain't got nothing on me! King_O_Hill's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 16,989 Times in 6,200 Posts

The solution here is simple. Just don't pay for betas and wait until they are released. Then there aren't any missed deadlines, broken promises or unfinished themes that you feel you got ripped off from.
    Widget-Weather App Now Available! Also with MyLocation Support!
    Check out the thread here - Widget-Weather
    To install the Widget-Weather app, just go to Cydia and install. This will also remove MyLocation, as it is built in!
    Want to protect your JailBreak! Add this repo http://cydia.myrepospace.com/iLEXiNFO/ & Install "iLEX R.A.T."
    It will allow you to bring your phone back to a fresh jailbroken state!

5. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to King_O_Hill For This Useful Post:

Alfroggy (01-23-2013), chevymusclecar (01-22-2013), DA_GHOST (01-23-2013), ferris419 (01-22-2013), hemptation (01-22-2013), metaserph (01-23-2013), nateD (01-26-2013), The.Drifter (01-23-2013)

iPhone? More like MyPhone ferris419's Avatar
    Thanks

Hey thanks a bunch for the solution!

7. The Following User Says Thank You to ferris419 For This Useful Post:

King_O_Hill (01-22-2013)

Thanks
    Thanked 11,305 Times in 2,723 Posts

I appreciate all you have done for me Austin. keep up the good work. hope you and your family are doing good, and enjoyed the holidays.

and honestly, the icons alone were worth the money I donated. and if, or when Austin needs me to donate again, I will be right here.

9. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to hemptation For This Useful Post:

King_O_Hill (01-22-2013), metaserph (01-23-2013), sigit (01-22-2013)

King Kong ain't got nothing on me! King_O_Hill's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 16,989 Times in 6,200 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ferris419 View Post
    Hey thanks a bunch for the solution!
    Hey, no problem dude, glad I could help.
    Widget-Weather App Now Available! Also with MyLocation Support!
    Check out the thread here - Widget-Weather
    To install the Widget-Weather app, just go to Cydia and install. This will also remove MyLocation, as it is built in!
    Want to protect your JailBreak! Add this repo http://cydia.myrepospace.com/iLEXiNFO/ & Install "iLEX R.A.T."
    It will allow you to bring your phone back to a fresh jailbroken state!

11. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to King_O_Hill For This Useful Post:

Alfroggy (01-23-2013), ferris419 (01-22-2013), hemptation (01-23-2013), metaserph (01-23-2013)

Thanks
    Thanked 15,583 Times in 4,085 Posts

The fact we don't pay much is actually not my problem.the themer decides the price. If I donate its normally quite generously so more than they are asking for in most cases.

For those annoyed with the situation I suggest taking this as your lesson learnt as I did with legacy and many did before that.

Also just seen your comment to DAghost. I'm grown up and work damn hard for my money so when I spend it I want to get what I paid for.

Yes, we agree here, Gunny. But we're not paying much of anything for these thrmes. That's not gonna happen.
    Last edited by GUNNY29; 01-23-2013 at 01:36 AM.
    Click My Sig For my auros Mods

13. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to GUNNY29 For This Useful Post:

DA_GHOST (01-23-2013), ferris419 (01-23-2013), hemptation (01-23-2013), King_O_Hill (01-23-2013), TEK_2012 (01-23-2013)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by GUNNY29 View Post
    The fact we don't pay much is actually not my problem.the themer decides the price. If I donate its normally quite generously so more than they are asking for in most cases.

For those annoyed with the situation I suggest taking this as your lesson learnt as I did with legacy and many did before that.

Also just seen your comment to DAghost. I'm grown up and work damn hard for my money so when I spend it I want to get what I paid for.
    Nobody (who can afford an iPhone) works "damned hard" for $2.99, Gunny. That's the point and you know it, bro.. It's all a matter of perspective. And it gets old listening to people snivel and whine about waiting for something they've paid less for than their morning coffee in most instances. Yes, we should get what we pay for. But that's not the point. That's why theme creators are calling their first releases 'betas' which have built into that name the idea that "you'll get more when I can get it to you"..

How long has EPHD been in beta now? 18 months? Have we gotten our $'s worth for a 'beta'?? I rest my case. Let's leave Austin the hell alone.
    Last edited by NewdestinyX; 01-23-2013 at 05:34 AM.
    Here to help if I can. If I can't I know someone who can!

Thanks

I work damn hard for every penny I earn I'm not having some jumped up know it all tell me otherwise.

Again if a themer wants more charge more ill still buy it if its a good product.

Everyone in this community knows what beta means when talking about themes. I'm not beating on K for this theme I didn't buy it as I leant my lesson from legacy. So I haven't lost anything. If I had of donated and he couldn't even be arsed to spend 3 minute with a simple update post too right I would be posting about it.

Also the majority of themes are only beta or what it actually means pre release for max 4 weeks.

The guy above is correct he is only around when the money is coming in after that he disappears happened many times before.

I don't care how much it is $3 or $100 I and many others like to get what we are told we will get upon paying for the "beta" or any product for that matter.

I work damn hard for every penny I earn I'm not having some jumped up know it all tell me otherwise.

Again if a themer wants more charge more ill still buy it if its a good product.

Everyone in this community knows what beta means when talking about themes. I'm not beating on K for this theme I didn't buy it as I leant my lesson from legacy. So I haven't lost anything. If I had of donated and he couldn't even be arsed to spend 3 minute with a simple update post too right I would be posting about it.

The guy above is correct he is only around when the money is coming in after that he disappears happened many times before.

I don't care how much it is $3 or $100 I and many others like to get what we are told we will get upon paying for the "beta" or any product for that matter.

Just seen your edit. Which makes no difference to my point. Yes I paid for my iphone and got exactly what apple said I would I get from the off. If I hadn't it would of been returned and I would of been refunded.

You also used ephd as you example which is a poor choice I donated $3 for that and it's more complete than most and majority know its not really beta anymore.

Moral of the story is dont get into something you know you won't complete when you have PAYING customers.
    Last edited by GUNNY29; 01-23-2013 at 05:49 AM.

16. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to GUNNY29 For This Useful Post:

Claudio27 (01-29-2013), DA_GHOST (01-23-2013), ferris419 (01-23-2013)

Thanks

Moral of the story is dont get into something you know you won't complete when you have PAYING customers.
    No theme creator does this. As usual - you miss the bigger picture, Gunny. If you think most betas are just 4 weeks in time then you're the "jumped up know it all" .. Lol!!! Like my edit noted - if you can afford an iPhone you can afford to buy a few beta themes that 'may not get done' fast enough for you.
    Last edited by NewdestinyX; 01-23-2013 at 06:04 AM.

Thanks
    Thanked 11,305 Times in 2,723 Posts

he didnt buy it/ I was around during legacy when the same thing happened. and that is when Gunny was upset. he is not even upset now. just coming in here, trying to tell everyone.............. that well. it is what it is. this entire conversation has been had by others, some of the same.............on a different thread. that was eventually closed. and I am trying really hard to get yall to stop. so this thread doesnt close as well.

I do appreciate everything you have done for me Austin. let me know if there is anything I can do to help my friend.

19. The Following User Says Thank You to hemptation For This Useful Post:

3083joe (01-23-2013)

Thanks

As usual you spout information that is incorrect. I "beta" purchase pre release copies of most themes released on this forum so have actual experience of this rather than your guess work as usual. There simple is no bigger picture he is the only person to do this over and over. I didn't say most betas were 4 weeks I said beta where member of MMI pay to be involved in (pre release themers make a little extra $) trust me I beta test themes constantly.

I like how you miss out all the points where you were corrected AGAIN. Lol

It takes less than 2 minutes to post "Hi guys been busy still making icons and progressing on the ui" see that was easy is all it takes.

No theme creator does this. As usual - you miss the bigger picture, Gunny. If you think most betas are just 4 weeks in time then you're the "jumped up know it all" .. Lol!!! Like my edit noted - if you can afford an iPhone you can afford to buy a few beta themes that 'may not get done' fast enough for you.
    I'm not upset nor was i then. I've said many times on this thread refer to first post where K says it will be done in his own time. Which is fine as he notified people. My beef is with people that arnt K getting on people's backs when they complain. I believe they have every right to do that. I've also said many times it takes 2 minutes to make a post doesn't need to tell people about his private life, just a little post saying he's still working on it. Know one can try and tell me that those people having a little moan don't have reason to think this has been bailed on. As its happened too many times before.

There are plenty of themers who get know where near the amount of attentions he does and support their themes that are 2 years old. If people want a list of those names pm me and ill let you know who so you can get what you pay for and way more. I imagine you know them already
    Last edited by GUNNY29; 01-23-2013 at 06:31 AM.

21. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to GUNNY29 For This Useful Post:

ferris419 (01-23-2013), hemptation (01-23-2013), It's Mi (01-25-2013), Schnedi (01-23-2013)

Thanks

As usual you spout information that is incorrect. I "beta" purchase pre release copies of most themes released on this forum so have actual experience of this rather than your guess work as usual. There simple is no bigger picture he is the only person to do this over and over. I didn't say most betas were 4 weeks I said beta where member of MMI pay to be involved in (pre release themers make a little extra $) trust me I beta test themes constantly.

I like how you miss out all the points where you were corrected AGAIN. Lol

It takes less than 2 minutes to post "Hi guys been busy still making icons and progressing on the ui" see that was easy is all it takes.

I'm not upset nor was i then. I've said many times on this thread refer to first post where K says it will be done in his own time. Which is fine as he notified people. My beef is with people that arnt K getting on people's backs when they complain. I believe they have every right to do that. I've also said many times it takes 2 minutes to make a post doesn't need to tell people about his private life, just a little post saying he's still working on it. Know one can try and tell me that those people having a little moan don't have reason to think this has been bailed on. As its happened too many times before.
    Fair enuff, Gunny. You have more experience in these matters and if you'll reread my first post in this thread you'll see that I did acknowledge that it could seem like false advertising that Austin did by not retouching base here more. We agree there. But there are way more theme threads than this one where people whine and complain about not getting their $'s worth because its still in beta and where the theme creator rarely checks in (BarsOverBeats hasn't said a word in over 6 months). You're trying to make it sound like this thread/theme is the 'rare case'. It is not. That's where you're missing "the big picture", my friend. Austin isn't the only theme creator that "seems" to take the $ and run because we "think we deserve" more for our "hard earned" $. I'm just trying to get you to see the bigger picture. I know you think that sounds know-it-all since you've been here longer. But I've been here a long time now too (I was a guest for over a year before I ever posted) and you don't have to be a veteran to see when people are generally whiners and complainers (not you -- generally speaking) for something they spent less for than a cup of good coffee. That's all I'm sayin'. Lets put it to rest now.

Thanks

Just for the record I buy almost every Beta on here and in my posts I have never complained once about anything, I no pirating is big in the industry and thats why I always try to help the great developers on here, and most of them are great to us too! I just feel like when he need are help he was here everyday and now its like screw you guys!

24. The Following User Says Thank You to Cush66 For This Useful Post:

King_O_Hill (01-23-2013)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Cush66 View Post
    Just for the record I buy almost every Beta on here and in my posts I have never complained once about anything, I no pirating is big in the industry and thats why I always try to help the great developers on here, and most of them are great to us too! I just feel like when he need are help he was here everyday and now its like screw you guys!
    Yes, I can agree with you (and Gunny) on that point. As much as I feel we've gotten from EPHD the most widely used theme on all of ModMyi - BarOverBeats never checks in anymore and still hasn't released a final version. I really do see both sides of this point which is why I expressed both when I responded to you originally. (Gunny just likes to pick fights with me )

Thanks

I don't pick fights with you. If you didn't make it so I had to correct you all the time it would be ok

Your example of bars and ephd is a rubbish comparison. Third time now it's is more complete than most he doesn't need to be around.

This on the other hand has not alot done and K's track record means when he disappears people start to question it's human nature.

Oh and the point about coffee is rubbish aswell, if they gave you that cup of coffee half empty you would return it and ask for more or a refund.

27. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to GUNNY29 For This Useful Post:

DA_GHOST (01-23-2013), ferris419 (01-23-2013), TEK_2012 (01-23-2013)

Thanks
    Thanked 2,896 Times in 1,468 Posts

I pay $3.50 for my cup of coffe..more then most themes..
    Oh and destiny..my friend got an iphone for free with new contract (duh) haha so use your head next time you post smh..

Also the longest ive ever seen a theme in beta (besides this) was badgb themes by my bro ecko and usually takes 2-3 weeks to be completed lol so this crap your talking makes no sence at all..
    Last edited by DA_GHOST; 01-23-2013 at 08:31 AM.

29. The Following User Says Thank You to DA_GHOST For This Useful Post:

ferris419 (01-23-2013)

Thanks
    Thanked 8,564 Times in 2,038 Posts

i can see both sides of the coin with this one guys... i have no idea what his reasons are i do know that he burns the candle at both ends in whatever he does. that is probably what happened this time as well... K goes balls to the wall then crashes into it. give him some time to recover gather his creativity and press on.

personally im not sure what themeing holds in the future for me. the ios we have to theme is growing with every update and the return we get for our efforts is growing less and less. anyone thats been themeing over the last few years knows this. themes have become popular to add to your JB device and with that popularity comes the ease of pirating. i almost cant blame someone who pirates i mean come on all you have to do is click one button. if you buy you have to log into cydia then your paypal type in passwords ect....

in a nut shell people want more...we get less. and as a family man its getting hard for me to justify time spent
    I'll smoke it with ya bro, we'll go to the loony bin together. I don't give a ****!
    https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_donations&business=jfriends4438%40gmai  l%2ecom&lc=US&currency_code=USD&bn=PP%2dDonationsB  F%3abtn_donateCC_LG%2egif%3aNonHosted

31. The Following 15 Users Say Thank You to Truckinlow For This Useful Post:

3083joe (01-23-2013), Alfroggy (01-23-2013), chevymusclecar (01-23-2013), cukhiem (01-23-2013), DA_GHOST (01-23-2013), GMG450 (01-24-2013), GUNNY29 (01-23-2013), hemptation (01-23-2013), It's Mi (01-25-2013), King_O_Hill (01-23-2013), nateD (01-26-2013), NewdestinyX (01-23-2013), sephiroth726 (01-23-2013), stratnik (02-03-2013), TEK_2012 (01-23-2013)

Thanks

I think he should say something, I saw he was here yesterday afternoon, I saw his last activity track.

33. The Following User Says Thank You to Frep For This Useful Post:

ferris419 (01-23-2013)

Thanks

I don't pick fights with you.
    Yes you do. Ask anyone. But it's all good, Gunny...
    This on the other hand has not alot done and K's track record means when he disappears people start to question it's human nature.
    Fair enuff, Gunny. I don't know K's track record. I'm hearing from some on PM that his track record is weak on follow-through. So I'll back off on that point - though you'll remember - my first entry into this thread was that i saw both sides of the argument. Notice Truckinlow's point below. He's RIGHT on the MONEY with that perspective.
    Oh and the point about coffee is rubbish as well, if they gave you that cup of coffee half empty you would return it and ask for more or a refund.
    This is a false analogy. Nice try.

Quote Originally Posted by DA_GHOST View Post
    I pay $3.50 for my cup of coffe..more then most themes..
    Oh and destiny..my friend got an iphone for free with new contract
    Most don't, Ghost - but fair point.
    Also the longest ive ever seen a theme in beta (besides this) was badgb themes by my bro ecko and usually takes 2-3 weeks to be completed lol so this crap your talking makes no sence at all..
    Wrong. The last 5 current themes here at ModMyi (Topaz, Auros, etc) are all still in beta well beyond 3 week. Check your info. Now - they're MUCH closer to full themes than this one and I think that's a main point here in everyone's being upset with K. This theme is nowhere near complete and yet people have paid. I GET it!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Truckinlow View Post
    i can see both sides of the coin with this one guys... i have no idea what his reasons are i do know that he burns the candle at both ends in whatever he does. that is probably what happened this time as well... K goes balls to the wall then crashes into it. give him some time to recover gather his creativity and press on.

personally im not sure what themeing holds in the future for me. the ios we have to theme is growing with every update and the return we get for our efforts is growing less and less. anyone thats been themeing over the last few years knows this. themes have become popular to add to your JB device and with that popularity comes the ease of pirating. i almost cant blame someone who pirates i mean come on all you have to do is click one button. if you buy you have to log into cydia then your paypal type in passwords ect....

in a nut shell people want more...we get less. and as a family man its getting hard for me to justify time spent
    Well said Truck! I don't know if I could do it. The problem with the jailbreak world is that it's populated, a vast majority, by 'kids' - who've never held down a real job in their lives yet and don't know the value of a dollar or euro, etc.. They live in increasing 'entitlement' cultures - even the US under 'this spendthrift president' and figure they have a 'right' to anything they want - even if it means stealing it. So the future isn't brite. The next generation for the most part are 'entitled' brats and it gets on my nerves. But I will concede - that compared to other 'beta' themes out there now - K needs to 'up the game' and give some more support for the $ he's collected so far.

Good discussion all. Thanks.
    Grant