Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: [RELEASE] iATS Alien

I am going to eventually create a complete Alien winterboard theme (including dialer and calendar)

2. The Following User Says Thank You to altoiddealer For This Useful Post:

Trimo (09-09-2012)

I just submitted an update to Cydia, iATS Alien 1.4: the "Apple" slideshow has now been replaced by a "Camera Roll" slideshow, a powerful widget made by mdbrim. This slideshow actually loads random images from your Camera Roll!

Now everyone has the option to use a personalized slideshow without having to manually edit anything!

Well this is the first theme I have actually bought, due to reading through the threads and realising how much effort has gone into it, and how good it looks and works so thanks for the effort.

Ive got most of it working and how I want it thanks to the readme file. Probably due to my newness I have a residual question:

1. Ive edited the Theme.plist to change all safari elements to the given chrome ones but no change. Does the current.plist need to be changed as well?

Quote Originally Posted by brucebb View Post
    Well this is the first theme I have actually bought, due to reading through the threads and realising how much effort has gone into it, and how good it looks and works so thanks for the effort.

Ive got most of it working and how I want it thanks to the readme file. Probably due to my newness I have a residual question:

1. Ive edited the Theme.plist to change all safari elements to the given chrome ones but no change. Does the current.plist need to be changed as well?
    Just delete Current.plist and respring, you'll be good to go!
    Last edited by altoiddealer; 09-15-2012 at 02:07 AM.

I don't have an update or anything right now; just bumping this up for anyone who may be interested

I just submitted an update which fixes the currently non-functioning fullscreen weather widget.

It should appear in Cydia within the next day or two.

The widget uses Yahoo Weather to retrieve weather details. Yahoo just recently changed their code, so the widget's script needed to be adjusted to function properly.

Quote Originally Posted by altoiddealer View Post
    I just submitted an update which fixes the currently non-functioning fullscreen weather widget.

It should appear in Cydia within the next day or two.

The widget uses Yahoo Weather to retrieve weather details. Yahoo just recently changed their code, so the widget's script needed to be adjusted to function properly.
    Yahoo just changed the code back.

Check out WW2 for iOS 8 - Widget-Weather 2.0

9. The Following User Says Thank You to King_O_Hill For This Useful Post:

altoiddealer (10-02-2012)

Quote Originally Posted by King_O_Hill View Post
    Yahoo just changed the code back.
    Dude thanks for posting this! I think I was able to hit the breaks on the update quick enough.

Dude thanks for posting this! I think I was able to hit the breaks on the update quick enough.
    No problem!

This just in~ an absolutely spectacular review by adrianashes2012! However it is only in Spanish! Sorry my fellow english-speaking amigos!

Absolutely good work here Altoid!
    Who are the music artists you used for the first two videos you posted?

Thank you very much for your comments! Glad you love the theme

Otto von schirach - Ultimate Universe (his music is mostly very "wierd")

Tipper - Tepid Bile (album "Tip Hop" is awesome)

15. The Following User Says Thank You to altoiddealer For This Useful Post:

King_O_Hill (11-05-2012)

Congrats on theme of the week bro!

Congrats on theme of the week bro!
    Whoa, really?!

Its been a rough week for me after hurricane Sandy; I still don't have power and its been just a little chilly lately

This certainly makes my night!! Thanks to everyone that supported this theme, along with iSTS Twilight

18. The Following User Says Thank You to altoiddealer For This Useful Post:

King_O_Hill (11-05-2012)

That theme looks ******* slick. Major props 👌

Can I PM you some questions about how you coded everything? The concept looks fairly similar to what I'm trying to do with my first theme.

Whoa, really?!

Its been a rough week for me after hurricane Sandy; I still don't have power and its been just a little chilly lately

This certainly makes my night!! Thanks to everyone that supported this theme, along with iSTS Twilight
    Hope you get your power back soon bro! Hope things get back to normal for ya!

Quote Originally Posted by KevinCARES View Post
    That theme looks ******* slick. Major props 

Can I PM you some questions about how you coded everything? The concept looks fairly similar to what I'm trying to do with my first theme.
    Yes, feel free to PM me.

However, Tyler (Th3methis) created like 95% or more of the original coding for iSTS Twilight, which this theme was based off. I was recruited to the team when I was able to solve a major problem that prevented any further progress of the theme. The interface concept was absolutely incredible, and SnowLeo's graphics really complemented the whole style of it, but the coding and graphics for this downright required to be, literally, pixel-perfect on the graphics end and coding end to really make the theme to actually work the way it was intended to. I studied the existing code and graphics and was able to figure it all out, and had to basically recreate the entire graphics and revise most of the coding from top to bottom.

After the release of iSTS Twilight, I began working on my own personal version. However, it turned out to be probably the most ambitious thing I have ever set out to do. As I started actually making some progress, it struck me that maybe this could become some kind of add-on. I proposed the idea to Tyler expecting a rejection (the idea is, after all, an entirely new take on the theme), but to my surprise he embraced the idea. The scope of this project really began to broaden and I often found myself spending many nights grinding away long into the AM hours (my gf wanted to kill me but now shes happy ). My original intention was just a cosmetic overhaul, but my knowledge had expanded enough that I could make many significant changes, including the addition of several new features and improvements/bug fixes. In the end, Tyler gave me free reign on this with a few stipulations (cost, credits). I am and always will be eternally grateful for the opportunity that he gave me

I dont have power still so Im typing everything on my phone, Ill be back on tomorrow to comment further from my cpu at work

Hope you get your power back soon bro! Hope things get back to normal for ya!
    Thanks! Well thankfully I didn't lose my house or anything; once the power comes back on, normalcy should be swiftly restored
    Last edited by altoiddealer; 11-05-2012 at 09:59 PM.

Thanks

Dang can't wait any longer for 4s 6.0 jail break. When will it break. Need must get this urggggggg

Feel free to ask me coding questions as well. I'm outta the theme game. But here to help.

And randy. I guess you never got the message. But I said you could have 100^ of proceeds from this.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12