Page 2 of 76 FirstFirst 1234 12 52 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: [PREVIEW] Paragon

Thanks
    Thanked 2,072 Times in 464 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by The.Drifter View Post
    You sure have a lot of them covered already. Thats great! Your live tiles run great compared to HTML tiles. Do you have any plans on making a integrated weather tile that will pull info from the IOS weather app?
    I would if I could, but pulling data from the app requires it to be open at all times. So it wouldn't work, sorry

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to EndFinity For This Useful Post:

Anonymous (08-17-2012), The.Drifter (08-17-2012)

Quote Originally Posted by EndFinity View Post
    I would if I could, but pulling data from the app requires it to be open at all times. So it wouldn't work, sorry
    Clearly showing my ignorance on this kind of stuff, but what about the weather widget thats included in the Notifications Center? It pulls its data from the weather app, even if its closed. Couldnt you copy the path or what not into a tile?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Anonymous View Post
    Clearly showing my ignorance on this kind of stuff, but what about the weather widget thats included in the Notifications Center? It pulls its data from the weather app, even if its closed. Couldnt you copy the path or what not into a tile?
    I actually didn't think about the widget. But I highly doubt that it's loaded even if it's not used. The problem is that this has nothing to do with paths or something like that. The way it would work is that I either change the app/widget to send data to the tile or make the tile pull the data. Either way, if the app/widget isn't open, it doesn't generate data, which obviously gives me nothing to work with

5. The Following User Says Thank You to EndFinity For This Useful Post:

Anonymous (08-17-2012)

I actually didn't think about the widget. But I highly doubt that it's loaded even if it's not used. The problem is that this has nothing to do with paths or something like that. The way it would work is that I either change the app/widget to send data to the tile or make the tile pull the data. Either way, if the app/widget isn't open, it doesn't generate data, which obviously gives me nothing to work with
    So how do you get the calendar info to show, if the app itself isn't open? One of these days I will have to sit down and teach myself this.

Thanks

So how do you get the calendar info to show, if the app itself isn't open? One of these days I will have to sit down and teach myself this.
    That is an API that is provided by Apple and can even be used in regular iOS apps. The music live tile hooks into the background player functionality of the system, which is obviously always running. And I get the messaging info from the notifications, when the app sends the info to the system to display. But if something's only in an app, you won't get it out unless it's stored in a file or the app is open

8. The Following User Says Thank You to EndFinity For This Useful Post:

Anonymous (08-17-2012)

Dude this is awesome work. I can't wait for the drop

That is an API that is provided by Apple and can even be used in regular iOS apps. The music live tile hooks into the background player functionality of the system, which is obviously always running. And I get the messaging info from the notifications, when the app sends the info to the system to display. But if something's only in an app, you won't get it out unless it's stored in a file or the app is open
    Makes sense. And I can see why you would make this an iOS 6 exclusive, since there are more API's available, like Facebook and Reminders.

If there's a bright centre to the universe, I'm from the planet that is farthest from
    Thanks

Looks nice, waiting patiently.

Thanks

Makes sense. And I can see why you would make this an iOS 6 exclusive, since there are more API's available, like Facebook and Reminders.
    They did add some neat stuff. I think that the Facebook API isn't too useful for live tiles, but I'll admit I only read up on it very briefly, so I will have to see what i can get out of it. And I hope I can make a reminder tile that is similar to the calendar tile, but I'll have to look at the available resources

13. The Following User Says Thank You to EndFinity For This Useful Post:

Anonymous (08-17-2012)

Oh man I can't wait! Also, I really don't wanna be that guy that asks about features moving between the 3 themes but any chance any of this new hottness making it to metroon? I have grown quite fond of the look and feel, plus I do dig the side scrolling. I won't ask about iPad support. I figure if it happens it happens (though I would love it if iPad support did happen )

What about the weather icon tweak? Would you be able to get the data from the file it creates?

My iPhone is a Part of Me scarflaire's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Them3this View Post
    Was ready to flip out when i saw ANOTHER Metro theme, but this one actually looks pretty damn awesome!

Awesome stuff End
    This made me lol.

And you sir, you make me wish I had the time to read up on Obj-C. I'm having enough trouble trying to print Hello World as it is, but in all fairness I've only had time to glance at a beginner's tutorial.

I'll be waiting to see what else you pull out of your hat.

Your BACK!!
    If you need any beta testers, please let me know
    Last edited by kuanyu; 08-17-2012 at 08:00 PM.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by futureryo View Post
    Oh man I can't wait! Also, I really don't wanna be that guy that asks about features moving between the 3 themes but any chance any of this new hottness making it to metroon? I have grown quite fond of the look and feel, plus I do dig the side scrolling. I won't ask about iPad support. I figure if it happens it happens (though I would love it if iPad support did happen )
    Maybe. This, as my other themes were, is a pretty big project, so I can't really afford to focus on more than one at a time.

Quote Originally Posted by DannyZ83 View Post
    What about the weather icon tweak? Would you be able to get the data from the file it creates?
    I don't know, I haven't looked at it yet

Thanks
    Thanked 7,065 Times in 4,206 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by kuanyu View Post
    Your BACK!!
    I agree let us know

20. The Following User Says Thank You to 2k1 For This Useful Post:

kuanyu (08-18-2012)

My iPhone is a Part of Me fallenzx's Avatar
    Thanks

Great !! Now i have to wait for 2 great thing , iphone 5 and paragon ...

22. The Following User Says Thank You to fallenzx For This Useful Post:

EndFinity (08-18-2012)

So iOS 6 should be jailbreakable since the beta is, even if thethered?

Just curious what about this theme would require ios6? Would certain things just not work right if on ios5? Or not run at all? I would gladly beta test if you need me to

My iPhone is a Part of Me korbyn8495's Avatar
    Thanks

Maybe. This, as my other themes were, is a pretty big project, so I can't really afford to focus on more than one at a time.

I don't know, I haven't looked at it yet
    You're back End? Awesome! I'm glad to see you've made another amazing dylib theme.

Follow me on Twitter for updates and freebie themes!

26. The Following User Says Thank You to korbyn8495 For This Useful Post:

EndFinity (08-18-2012)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by kuanyu View Post
    Your BACK!!
    Quote Originally Posted by 2k1 View Post
    I agree let us know
    Beta testing isn't really worth discussing as of now. iOS 6 itself is only in beta, and testing for this theme will begin when the final version of iOS 6 is released.

Quote Originally Posted by Frep View Post
    So iOS 6 should be jailbreakable since the beta is, even if thethered?
    A4 devices should be, yes.

Quote Originally Posted by DannyZ83 View Post
    Just curious what about this theme would require ios6? Would certain things just not work right if on ios5? Or not run at all? I would gladly beta test if you need me to
    Mostly under the hood things require iOS 6, but some new things need it as well. It would crash if it would be used on iOS 5 or lower.

Page 2 of 76 FirstFirst 1234 12 52 ... LastLast